• Published 18th Jul 2014
  • 385 Views, 0 Comments

Friendship Happens Ever So Often - shimmer_rose_006



Minehammer is tired of beong bullied and picked on for being the only earth pony in her class of unicorns. She runs away from Canterlot one day only to end up in Ponyville the next. the thing is, she's not the only pony who did so.

  • ...
 0
 385

Chapter II: School in Ponyville isn't That Bad

The next morning, Minehammer sat up in her nice and soft bed only to slump back down in it at the thoufht that she still had to go to school. "Wakey wakey Minehammer!" Shimmer sang through the door of her room. Mine groaned and shoved her face into the pillow. Reacting to the sound that she heard through the door, Shimmer Rose walked thought and jumped onto the bed, making Mine fly off it at impact.

"Oof!" was the sound that came out of Minehammer's mouth as she impacted with the ground. Shimmer gave a muffled laugh at the squished pony on the floor. Suddenly and seemingly out of nowhere, Diamond Dancer appeared and whispered something into Shimmer's ear. She giggled and helped Minehammer up. "Well, come on, we have to go to school." Another groan escaped Mine's mouth as she grabbed her saddlebags and walked with her new friends to the Ponyville Schoolhouse. Upon arriving, a pink pony with smiling flowers for her cutie mark was skipping in front of them tripped, making all of them trip over her in the process. Another oof sound came from not only Minehammer this time but all 4 fillies at once. One by one, they slowly untangled from one another (wow....that came out completely wrong). The hot pink filly giggled as she stood up. Her cutie mark really showed her optimism.

"Sorry, I mis-skipped and fell. Sorry! I'm Cheerilee." The rest introduced themselves to the filly in front of them. Then the now foursome walked the rest of the way to school. On arriving, Minehammer stayed a good 5 feet away from the rest concitering only one was an earth pony and the others were pegasi. She was still skeptical about other races being near her. Shimmer, however, recognized this and fell back to where Mine resided.

Shimmer looked confused. "You ok?" she asked. Minehammer looked at the happy looking foals running all around. She than explained her strugles with bullying and the drama of her old school. Shimmer smiled and said "well, you won't need to worry about that here. We are one of the nicest schools in equestria." They giggled and walked on. As she wasn't looking, Shimmer flew off to talk to a guy friend about her travles. Not long after she did however did two earth ponies come over to her. One was a light pink with a slightly darker pink afro mane and one was orange with a blond tied-at-the-end mane. She noticed they both had cutie marks; one with three red apples and one with with two blue balloons and a yellow one in the center. They introduced themselves as...wait, you already know them but...Applejack and Pinkie Pie. They rambled on-well, Pinkie mostly- about how it was cool to have a new earth pony around. Mine instantly thought they were nice and as she did so, the school bell rang. The three earth ponies walked into class, Minehammer not thinking about the other races of pony she would be going to school with. She honestly didn't care at this point.

As the day continued, nothing bad pretty much happened to Shimmer or Minehammer, minus the fact the really kinda odd colts trying to talk to them. Although she wasn't prone to not making friends now, she didn't exactly find them friend worthy. She DID however meet another pegasus with kinda a greyish-purple coat and yellow mane. The thing that set her apart was her eyes; they were slightly going in every direction, some would call it derped. She felt connected to her in the similar past they each shared. Shimmer had told her earlier that she too had been dealing with bullying and decited to come home. The two fillies had became friends the night before, sharing their stories before they went to bed. I know it seemed like they became friends on the spot but it kinda took a while for Mine to open up to a different breed, normal for somepony who doesn't exactly like other breeds.

At the end of the day, although she had rather enjoyed school that day (for the first day in her life), loved when it was over. Let's say she just wanted to get to her video games. On the way out however, she bumped into a earth pony colt with a golden mane and yellow coat. "Sorry Minehammer" he told her and then walked off. She had come to no him earlier that day at lunch; he was fairly new as well and was in a lets say rather sticky situation when she found him. His name was Thorin and his cutie mark was a golden city from a game he played. She didn't know what game though. Anyway, Minehammer and Shimmer Rose walked back to Shimmer's house to do homework. You should of seen the looks on her parent's face when they spotted her walking towards their house. Shimmer noticed them too and broke into a full gallop at first sight. Nice, you actually see your mom... Mine thought as she slowly trotted to her friend and her parents.

"Hello, I am Minehammer, a friend of your daughter. We go to the same school so we thought that we could do some homework. Is that ok mam?" she asked the mom; a brown pegasus with a brown, straight mane with blond highlights running throughout it. She nodded.

"Of course...and it's Coffee Cup by the way. That over there is Bolt Cloud" she pointed her hoof towards the pegasus stallion talking with Shimmer. Mine giggled as the stallion picked up Shimmer Rose and flew her around and around the house. As they landed Shimmer trotted over to the two. Minehammer and Coffee Cup just started cracking up.

"What?"

"Nothing...hahahahahahaha" Minehammer told her. She started to laugh again and as she did, Shimmer lifted her up, flew to the roof of the house, and set her down; due to the lack of explanation. "Hey!!!" Mine yelled as she opened her eyes stopped laughing. It was now Shimmer's time to start laughing.

"Sorry, hahah I'll get you down." She did just that.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hours of studing later, the two fillies were past out on the couch in the end. Shimmer's parents just left them there, in fear of disturbing a beautiful dream. They weren't sure what the fillies reactions would be if they woke them up now anyway. The parents just trotted away to sleep and let the thought of waking them slip from their heads. It was a very peaceful night for all, the first in a very long time.

Author's Note:

Minehammer's reations in this are very close to how we acted as kids. Little kids anyway. And her friend she bumped into...well, lets just say she is obsessed with Thor from the Avengers. The city as his cutiemark is supposed to be Asgard. Man....deadline looms for this project. Errrr. Well, see you in the next chapter.