• Published 18th Jul 2014
  • 384 Views, 0 Comments

Friendship Happens Ever So Often - shimmer_rose_006



Minehammer is tired of beong bullied and picked on for being the only earth pony in her class of unicorns. She runs away from Canterlot one day only to end up in Ponyville the next. the thing is, she's not the only pony who did so.

  • ...
 0
 384

Chapter I: Fleeing From Canterlot

One morning, Minehammer, after crying herself to sleep the night before, groggily trotted into her kitchen and grabbed herself a muffin. Her mom was always at work before she got up and didn't get home until until after Mine was asleep. Only rarely did she see her mom. Anyway, after she had done so, Minehammer strapped on her sattlebags and went off to school. On her walk, like every other morning, she got strange glances from the unicorns around her. Being the only know earth pony to actually live in Canterlot didn't help the fact. This morning, however, it was worse. She got food and horse shoes thrown her way but she dodged them due to her knowledge of gaming. After about 5 minutes of that, Mine broke into a full on gallop. Minehammer was going so fast that she ran into a purple unicorn filly with her muzzle in a book. "Sorry" she told the unicorn.

"That's fine. Now if you please, I have to go to my 'Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorn's' entry exam. Bye strange earth pony" the filly told Mine as she bolted off towards the castle.

After another 10 minutes, she finally reached school. Minehammer was already super ultra tired so by the time she did, she could barely keep her eyes open. As Mine walked onto the playground, all the unicorn fouls looked at her and sneered. Minehammer was getting sick of it by now; the bulling and the teasing for not having a horn. Surprisingly, one of the more popular ones approached. "Well well well, if it isn't Ms. Repulsive. Why do you even bother coming to school? You are pathetic. Fillies...why don't we show her what unicorns can REALLY do." They all started coming towards her, cornering her up against the school's white, yellow, and purple walls. They were all about to cast a very, VERY painful spell when the bell rang. The leading unicorn scoffed. "Humf, you got lucky this time. But next time, you wont be so lucky, Minestammer. Hahaha." All of the fillies and colts left, leaving Minehammer by herself.

"There won't be a next time." She murmured, stifling back tears, then walked into the school house.

~~~~~~~~

The rest of the day was pure torture for Minehammer; from getting lunch tossed at her to being shoved into a mud puddle at recess by her fellow classmates. As the final bell rang, she bolted home as fast as her tiny legs could go. Minehammer didn't want to face any other of her "classmates." As her house got into sight, she started to slow down. Minehammer walked up to her room and wrote a letter for her mom. It said;

Dear mom,
I can't take all the bulling I am getting her so I decided to move away to the one neutral town that I know of...Ponyville. I really don't want to leave but if I stay, I could get seriously hurt. I don't want that to happen and I know you don't want it too either. So that is why I am leaving. Bye mom and love you so much.

Love, Minehammer

Mine put the note on the kitchen counter, grabbed a muffin, and headed out the door.

At the train station in Canterlot, Minehammer bought a one-way train ticket and stepped onto to the train. Sitting down, she took out her handhoofheld and started to play some "Minecraft". She honestly didn't care that it would take up all of her time on the train but oh well. In her world, she built a castle and a village surrounding it, filled with only other earth ponies. She, after all these years of bulling, could not stand other races of pony. The only pony of a different race she COULD stand was her mom, a unicorn. Leaving home and her mom's concern when she came back to an empty house that night did not cross her mind till about half way through. She started to cry from not waiting for her mom to come home before she left. But she pulled together as the train pulled into the Ponyville train station.

When she stepped off the train, there was nopony there but one filly. Minehammer looked at the filly's saddlebag to see a bunch of maps and souvenirs stuffed in it. She also noticed a Manehattan button tacked to it. Curious now, Mine walked over to the white filly, drawing her attention. "Hi, I am Minehammer. What's your name?"

"My...my...m...Shimmer Rose" she spoke silently to her. Mine looked around awkwardly seeing that Shimmer was shy.

"Well, um...I see that you are from Manehattan."

"Hhehe, well, I am actually from Cloudsdale but my parents and I moved to ponyville a few years back. I got a school offer from Manehattan and I took it. I promised to my folks that I would bring back some stuff. HmMm! Well, Minehammer, I see from your bag that you are from Canterlot. Since you probably don't have a place to stay, why don't you follow me. I know the perfect place for you to stay. Come on!!!" They trotted-well, Shimmer flew- over to where a friend of hers and her parents ran a hotel.

"Ummmmmmmmmmm.....a hotel?" Minehammer asked.

"I am staying here for the night and my friend lets me stay for free. Come on! Let's get some rooms" Shimmer pushed Mine through the door and almost into her friend, Diamond Dancer. "Oops! Sorry Dancer!"

"That's fine Shimmer!!!" Diamond Dancer told her friend. That is all that pretty much happened before Diamond shoved two sets of keys into their hooves and shoved them to rooms. The next day would be way better than the day before.

Author's Note:

I wrote this for my friend IRL, Minehammer just for fun. It is how I thought that I think our OCs would have met. We met way different IRL but...hey.... hehehe. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........................................................................

(F.Y.I. Diamond Dancer is also my real friend IRL)