• Published 4th Aug 2014
  • 1,055 Views, 75 Comments

The Steeden University of Culinary Arts - Dee Pad



Pinkie Pie embarks on a trip overseas in order to realize her dream of becoming a world-class pastry chef.

  • ...
1
 75
 1,055

Chapter 5 - The Hotdogs of War

The Steeden University of Culinary Arts
By Dee Pad
=====================================================================

Chapter 5: The Hotdogs of War

=====================================================================

It was a bright, sunny day in Trotholm, the kind of day where you just can't stand to stay inside because it feels like you're somehow wasting your life if you aren't outside. Also the kind of day where the sun causes glare on the television no matter what time it is, so you may as well be outside anyway. However, despite the beaming sun high in the sky on this cloudless day, their was a distinct nip in the air; a frosty chill that induces immediate shivers as soon as you open the door.

Sugar Cookie had mentioned to Pinkie Pie and her friends that Steeden, being significantly further north than any of their homes, was probably going to be decidedly more cold than they were perhaps used to in winter, not to mention the much longer nights. Thankfully, they had all prepared for the season. Since they were going to be there a whole year, they had to pack for a whole year, which included winter clothing. Not that it was winter quite yet. It was still November, but the temperature was certainly dropping fast over time. At the moment, it was only chilly enough to warrant throwing on a scarf or a wool hat, both of which Candy Cane had decided were necessary. Pinkie Pie had wrapped herself up in a striped, pink scarf to match her natural colors, and Puff Pastry had done the same, but with a navy blue scarf instead. Sugar Cookie herself, being native to the country and more accustomed to the cold weather than her foreign friends, opted to simply wear a pair of earmuffs.

The four aspiring pastry chefs had decided to take advantage of this beautiful Saturday afternoon to refill the fridges and pantries back at their dorms, so they had set out to a local supermarket suggested to them by their local, Steedish compadre. It was certainly a lot bigger than what Pinkie Pie was used to back home, with its high ceiling, long aisles, salad bars, and some such. She'd usually have to make a trip to the city to shop at a place like this. The best part was just the enormous variety of everything on the shelves. If there was ever anything food related that they were craving, chances are they'd find it here. As a matter of fact, Pinkie had already filled a shopping cart nearly to the brim and showed no signs of slowing down any time soon, although she relied mostly on Sugar Cookie to point out the best brands as she herself was not familiar with any of the foreign product names.

But as much as Pinkie Pie was enjoying herself and her shopping spree, Candy was feeling the exact opposite way, wanting nothing more than to just get what they needed and get out as quickly as possible. Pinkie didn't notice this, though. It was Puff who had noticed the begrudging frown on her friend's face.

"Is something wrong, Candy?" the portly mare asked her distraught friend.

Candy answered rather quickly, almost as if she were waiting for somepony to ask. "I'm not comfortable here. I just want to get back to the university and... do something else."

Sugar Cookie looked over her shoulder as she led her three friends down another aisle. "Why are you not comfortable?"

"Yeah, the air's all crisp and fresh in here, and it smells fantastic!" Pinkie added.

"It's just... bringing back bad memories, that's all," she mumbled.

"What kind of memories exactly?" Sugar asked curiously.

Candy didn't answer, choosing not to go into detail about what was bothering her. Pinkie, however, managed to deduce what was on her mind. "Oh, I think I get it. This big supermarket reminds her of Manehattan Mall. Is that right, Candy?"

"...Yeah," Candy grumbled.

"Vhat's Manehattan Mall?" Puff asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Only the biggest and most extravagant-est shopping mall in Equestria!" Pinkie bellowed. "They have everything there. A food court; sport's stadium; play room..."

"Slave labor."

Puff and Sugar looked at Candy with uncomprehending stares. "Slave labor?" Sugar echoed.

Candy looked at Puff. "Remember how I told you that Pinkie saved my life once? Well, she saved me from Manehattan Mall, where the mall's greedy owner kidnapped people and forced them to fix broken or defective items that customers had returned. I was locked up in there for about eight months before Pinkie and her friends rescued us. That was just last year."

Puff and Sugar didn't know how to respond to that, opting to just offer looks of sympathy for their friend.

"It was a little more traumatizing than I thought it'd be. Ever since, I haven't been able to bring myself to go into anyplace larger than a corner store. I'm honestly surprised that I worked up the courage to come in here."

"But this is a supermarket, not a super-mall. It's different," Pinkie tried to assure her.

Candy shook her head. "Not to me it's not. But I guess it's not that bad," she admitted as she looked around. "This place isn't even a tenth as big as Manehattan Mall. I'm just glad that bastard's behind bars now."

"Whoa! Language, young lady!" Pinkie scolded.

Candy rolled her eyes. "Oh, please. After what I've been through, I think I have a right to use a little colorful language."

Sugar offered a soothing smile as she placed a bag of flour into Pinkie's cart. "Well, you do not have to be worried about this place. I know the owner, he is my uncle."

Candy's distasteful grimace at her unpleasant memories was subdued and replaced by surprise and relief. "Really? Huh. You know, that actually does make me feel a little better."

Pinkie leaned in close to Sugar and wore a sly grin. "Think you can convince your uncle to give us a friends and family discount?" she requested with an eyebrow wiggle.

Sugar giggled in response. "I will see what I can do."

"Hm."

Pinkie slowed down until the musing Candy had caught up with her. "Somethin' on your mind?"

"Nothing serious, if that's what you're assuming. I just realized that my family is in the food service industry, and Sugar's family is in the food service industry. I was wondering if maybe we all come from culinary backgrounds. What about you, Pinkie? You haven't really told me anything about your family. What do they do? Wait, wait, let me guess. Some sort of... pie related business perhaps?"

Pinkie laughed and shook her head. "Nope, way off. My family owns and operates a rock farm."

Puff raised an eyebrow. "A rock farm? Vhat's a rock farm?"

"A place where you farm rocks. Duh," Pinkie answered.

"How does one 'farm' rocks exactly?" Candy inquired, a part of her believing that she was making this up.

"Easy. You just, you know, farm the rocks."

The three other mares looked between one another, uncomprehending. She had to be messing with them.

"So you... plant the rocks und they grow?" Puff questioned.

Pinkie blinked, looking at Puff as if her question was one of the dumbest things she'd ever heard. "What? No. Rocks aren't plants, silly. We faaaaarm them," she repeated, hoping that speaking more slowly and clearly would somehow help them to understand better.

"That's not answering our question," Candy groaned with exasperation. "So is there, like, harvesting involved or anything like that?"

"Course. Wouldn't really be a farm if we didn't do any harvesting, would it?"

Candy nodded. "Okay. Now, I'm going to rephrase my other question: how do you harvest rocks?"

"With pickaxes," Pinkie answered with an innocent smile.

Candy paused for a moment. Finally, something about this conversation that sounded normal. "Okay, that actually makes sense."

"But what do you do with the rocks then?" Sugar inquired.

Pinkie turned her gaze upward as she thought back to her days on the rock farm, trying to recall the exact process. "Well, we chip the rocks apart. We don't really do anything with the rocks, but sometimes we find gemstones inside them. Mom and Dad usually sell 'em."

Candy stared at Pinkie Pie for a moment, feeling a slightly irritated twitch in her eye. "So... it's a mine."

This time Pinkie was the one who groaned. "No, it's a farm. Mine's are underground."

And with that, Candy had officially had enough. "Right, I'm done with this conversation."

"The purpose of this conversation was to ask about your family, ya?" Sugar interjected. "You mentioned your mother and father. Do you have any siblings?"

Pinkie grinned widely. "Yup. Three sisters. Marble, Limestone, and Maud. Marble's the youngest, then me, then Maud, and Limestone's the oldest."

"And all of you used to work at the mi—er, farm together?" asked Candy.

"Actually, they all still work there. I'm the only one who left."

Candy's eyes widened slightly, surprised by her answer. "Really? Were you not happy there?"

Pinkie thought back to a particularly fateful day, one that may very well have changed her life and made her the mare she was today. "At first, not really. But once I got my cutie mark, I realized my true calling was not farming rocks, but spreading smiles and laughter! And my family was really supportive of that. Our farm is pretty secluded; there's not really anypony else around for miles. They knew I couldn't achieve my goals and dreams by sticking around there. It was their idea that I go out on my own and do what I really wanted to do."

Sugar gave a soft smile. "That is nice. Your family must really love you."

"Whose family wouldn't? Love their kids I mean. Not love me specifically. Although, I don't see any reason why they can't love me, too. Have you met me? I'm adorable!" Pinkie placed her hooves on her cheeks, giving the cutest look she could muster up to punctuate that.

"No arguments here," Sugar giggled.

"You've been awfully quiet, Puff," Candy pointed out as she turned to the pig-tailed pony.

Puff snapped to attention as if having been shaken from her own thoughts. "Huh? Oh, sorry. I just... have nothing to contribute to the conversation." She turned away from her friends.

"Sure you do," Candy insisted. "We haven't really heard anything about your family either. Why don't you tell us a little about them?"

"I'd rather not."

None of them had expected that answer.

"Why not?" Sugar asked with added sensitivity in her tone.

"I just... don't vant to talk about my family, that's all. Can vee please drop the subject?"

They could all hear the seriousness in her voice. Whatever was up with Puff's family must have been a very sensitive subject for her, something that Candy certainly would have liked to help her with if at all possible, but, out of respect for her, figured she'd better leave it for another time.

By now, the quartet of mares had made their way to the checkout counter to pay for their groceries, and were preparing to leave when Pinkie spoke up. "Right, I've got a new topic: lunch! What say we all grab a bite to eat?"

"I could go for some food," Candy agreed. "Any suggestions on a specific restaurant, Sugar?"

Before Sugar could answer, Pinkie immediately cut her off. "Oh, actually, I was just thinking we could head back to university and just have lunch there." Pinkie received odd stares from her three friends. "What?"

"That's... kinda boring, don't you think?" said Candy. "Certainly not what we've come to expect from you, Pinkie."

"Ya, are you sure that you do not want to go somewhere more... exotic? I know a nice place that makes an excellent vegetarian Janssons frestelse. I am sure you would love it," Sugar suggested.

Pinkie dismissed it with a flick of her hoof. "That sounds good and everything, but I was in the cafeteria earlier today, and saw that they had a scrumptious looking black forest cake that they're serving for dessert. I want as much of that as I can get before everypony else can get to it. We can go to your place tomorrow. Is that okay with you guys? I don't wanna seem like I'm the only one whose opinion matters here."

Candy looked at Puff, who shrugged, then at Sugar, who also shrugged. "I guess there's nothing wrong with that. To be fair, we have plenty of time to check out local restaurants anyway; we've only been here for a few months yet."

Pinkie hopped out of the checkout line, shoving Puff next to her cart before bouncing toward the door. "Okay cool. I'm-a get a head start and get back there now. Puff, I'll pay my share when we get back to the dorm. See you guys there bye!" And with that, Pinkie Pie zipped out the front door of the supermarket.

Puff looked awkwardly at Candy and Sugar, blushing slightly with a nervous chuckle. "I... don't think I brought enough money to pay for all of this myself. Could one of you...?"

Candy rolled her eyes—more so at Pinkie Pie's abrupt exit than Puff's request—and tossed her a small bag of extra bits.

***** ***** *****

The cafeteria of the university was surprisingly crowded for a Saturday. The chilled air outside was likely a deterrent to the students who would rather just stay indoors and keep warm. It was days like this that they were all glad that the cafeteria remained available all week, even on weekends when there were no classes.

Of course, Pinkie Pie was none too pleased by the sizable population, a fact that was made quite clear as she grumpily prodded a small slice of black forest cake with her fork. She was hoping to get a little more, but apparently they needed to divvy up smaller portions to ensure that everyone could get some. Her slice was more of an appetizer than a dessert. She didn't even get one of the cherries that had decorated the top, and the cherry filling barely oozed from within it at all. If that weren't enough, her actual lunch was simply a boring pile of mashed potatoes and other assorted bits of vegetable. All in all, she was a touch disappointed. Perhaps she would have been better off going to that place that Sugar had suggested.

Pinkie, still scowling at her mundane meal, looked up at the sound of the cafeteria doors opening; anything was more entertaining than what was on the table in front of her. But, as if it were a gift sent from the heavens, the three friends she had run ahead of had finally caught up with her. Pinkie straightened up and put on a genuine smile, her mood visibly elevated by the presence of her friends. She raised her hoof up and gestured them over to her table. Candy Cane made a gesture back, informing her to wait a moment as the three of them went to get some food for themselves. After waiting patiently for a few minutes, they joined Pinkie with trays of food of their own, just as bland as her own unfortunately.

"Thanks for helping us carry the groceries back," Candy remarked sarcastically.

"Und you owe me twenty bits," Puff added.

"Actually, you owe Candy twenty bits," corrected Sugar.

Pinkie went back to leaning on her hoof and staring at her food. "Yeah, sorry about that. Turns out it wasn't really worth rushing back here after all," she said as she poked her cake again. Admittedly, it was still the most appetizing item in front of her.

"So do you girls have anything you vant to do after dinner?" Puff asked as she ate, undeterred by how boring her meal was. "I heard it's supposed to snow later, und I'd like to see vhat Steeden looks like under a blanket of snow."

"Is this country just as beautiful in winter as the rest of the year, Sugar?" Candy asked the local.

"Perhaps more so. Though, I suppose that depends on who you ask. I am partial to springtime myself, but I still think winter is lovely here."

"Oh! Do you guys celebrate Hearth's Warming here too?" Pinkie asked.

Sugar nodded. "Ya, of course."

Pinkie giggled gleefully and clapped her hooves together, no doubt already making plans for a Hearth's Warming party of some description.

"I did a little asking around a while back and found out that we're not really getting much time off for Hearth's Warming. Just a few days, that's all," Candy noted, particularly to Pinkie Pie.

"Awww," Pinkie moaned in disappointment. "You mean we don't have any time to go back home and spend the holidays with our families?"

Candy shrugged. "Guess not. It's easier for Puff or Sugar; their homes are just a relatively short trip from here. We have to take into consideration the nine hour flights both ways, then the time differences. Add everything up and we might barely get one day out of it. Not worth the cost of a round trip ticket if you ask me, as much as I'd like to see my dad."

"What is wrong with spending Hearth's Warming here?" Sugar asked. "Just a small group of friends celebrating the holidays together."

Pinkie smiled widely at the prospect. "Hey, yeah! Good friends are just the same as family! Oh, but you don't want to go see your own family, Cookie?"

Sugar flicked her bangs casually. "It is like Candy said: my family lives not far from here. I can spend Hearth's Warming with them, then come back to the university and spend the rest of my time off with you."

"That sounds nice," Candy said with a soft smile. She then turned to Puff. "What about you? I know you live a little farther away than Sugar does, but would you be able to make it back in time to spend a day with us?"

"Actually, I don't plan to go back home for Hearth's Varming," Puff replied blandly between bites.

Candy's smile faltered. "You don't want to see your family?"

Puff hesitated for a moment before answering. "Like you said, it's not vorth the trouble for such a short time."

"Then it's settled!" Pinkie exclaimed, clomping her hooves on the table. "We'll have a big Hearth's Warming party at our dorm. I'll make some fruitcake, and gingerbread, and a whole bunch of other holiday-related fooditries."

"We should all pitch in with the cooking," Candy suggested. "That'll save time and it gives us practice at the same time."

"Potluck! Awesome! And you can bring Gwen with you!"

"That vould be unfair if vee both brought nice things and Candy just brought a grumpy goose," Puff chuckled, relishing any opportunity to throw an insult back at the griffon, even if not to her face.

Candy's eyes moved toward the cafeteria door, and her amused grin suddenly shifted to a grimace. "Speak of the devil..."

As if on cue, Gwenivere herself had stepped into the room, mostly unnoticed by the other students with the exception of Pinkie and her friends. Unlike them, however, Gwenivere had no intention of partaking in the cafeteria's food. Instead, she seemed to have brought a bagged lunch with her. Why she had decided to bring it here and join the "plebeians" as opposed to dining in her dorm in silence was beyond them. She didn't even seem to notice that she was being watched by the ponies that she got so much enjoyment out of berating, which was when Pinkie Pie did what her friends were hoping she wouldn't.

"Gwen! Over here!" Pinkie beckoned, waving to the griffon. Both Puff and Candy breathed heavy groans at Pinkie's invitation. They wished that she'd just give up on trying to befriend her. It was causing more problems than anything.

Gwenivere paused at Pinkie's voice calling out to her. She contemplated simply ignoring them, but she was in a good mood today and decided to humor the incessant filly. "Oui? Do you need somezing?" she asked as she stepped over to their table. She had no intention to actually join them, but figured there was little harm in seeing what it was she wanted this time.

"We were just planning our Hearth's Warming party," Pinkie explained with a friendly, inviting grin. "Do you wanna come? Oh, you can bring some of your dad's éclairs! They're awesome!"

An invitation to a party? Was that all? Gwenivere had been expecting something a touch more... vexatious. At least it was easy to devise an answer.

"Non."

"Aw, c'mon," Pinkie insisted with a pout. "It'll be fun. There'll be lotsa food, singing, storytelling, presents..."

"Nopony said anything about singing," Puff interrupted, hoping to discourage the topic.

"As... tantalizing as zat sounds," Gwenivere noted sarcastically, "once again, I must baisse. I 'ave more important zings to occupy myself wiz for zee 'olidays. Certainly préférable to whatever drivel you 'ave planned."

Pinkie shrugged. "Well, if you already have plans... But if something changes, you're always welcome to hang out with us."

"Speak for yourself," Puff muttered under her breath. Judging by the look on Candy's face, she wasn't the only one thinking it.

Gwenivere leaned closer to Pinkie Pie. "Get it straight, little pony. I do not want to be your friend. So let me put it zis way: I would not go to your party even if it were an order from Princess Celestia 'erself." To add insult to injury, Gwenivere scooped up some icing from Pinkie's slice of cake with a talon, then smeared the cream down the pony's cheek.

The griffon received a trio of glowers from Pinkie's friends. However, Pinkie herself simply sat there, and touched the cream that stained her cheek. She clenched her eyes shut. For once in the time that Candy, Puff, and Sugar had known her, Pinkie actually looked like she was getting angry. To further that thought, Pinkie slammed her hooves onto the table, effectively silencing any conversations the other students in the cafeteria may have been having. Everyone present watched as the pink pony slowly rose from her seat, the sound of the chair's legs scrapping against the tile floor now the only thing audible in the room. Through narrowed eyelids, Pinkie glared at Gwenivere. The griffon had seen that look before, and it worried her. Whatever was now going through her mind, Gwenivere wished to back out if at all possible. She even considered actually apologizing. But before she could say anything, Pinkie leaned in, her nose pressing against Gwenivere's beak.

Pinkie spoke, her tone low and dark. "I have been waiting my whole life for an opportunity to say these two, special words."

She reached down and picked up the paper plate that her slice of cake was sitting on. Then, she smiled.

"Food fight!"

Gwenivere was instantly met by a messy slice of black forest cake splattering against her face, the force and shock of which caused her to lose her balance and fall over. Without hesitation, Pinkie Pie, an elated grin spreading across her lips, scooped up her mashed potatoes with her hoof and tossed it indiscriminately across the room, smacking a random stallion in the face. The stallion's friends quickly jumped to his aid by returning in kind with their own meals.

Pinkie watched as the weaponized food careened toward her. "It has begun."

She grabbed Candy and leapt over the table with Puff and Sugar, then flipped the table onto its side and pulled her friends down. The impact of sloppy food stuffs could be heard as their impromptu bunker absorbed the projectiles. A loud ruckus had now kicked up, each instance of collateral damage inviting more people to join the crossfire, quickly turning the cafeteria into a battlefield.

"Now that's what I'm talkin' about! All out, culinary warfare!" Pinkie exclaimed. "C'mon, girls, grab a hoofful and start chuckin'!" She popped her head up over the table for a brief moment and tossed a messy glob of pudding across the room.

Puff was in an absolute panic over what was happening. "Pinkie, vhat the hay are you doing?! Do you know how much trouble you could get in for this?!"

Pinkie grabbed Puff by the shoulders. "I'll tell you what I'm doing." She inhaled deeply through her nose. "You smell that? That's the smell of combat, Puff."

Puff, despite her concern, did as Pinkie requested and sniffed. The cafeteria smelled like an amalgamation of every food item they offered. Mixed together, it wasn't really too appealing; it was mostly boiled or mashed vegetables being tossed about, and the occasional slice of cake or pie, which helped add a slightly sugary scent, but only barely noticeable.

"All my life I've wanted to take part in a food fight, even if just once," Pinkie explained. "It's something you see in cartoons all the time, and I wanted to do it for realsies. So I saw an opportunity, and I took it. Now don't just sit there like cannon fodder, fight back!"

Pinkie returned to once again pick up and throw any food that was within reach, which was mostly what she and her friends were going to have for lunch, but had wound up on the floor once the table was overturned. Puff didn't find any solace in Pinkie's explanation. If anything, it worried her more. Starting a food fight for the heck of it? What kind of a reason was that? Not to mention all the wasted food.

Puff turned to talk to Candy, who, oddly enough, didn't appear too concerned by Pinkie's actions. "Candy, vhat do vee do? Can't you talk some sense into her?"

Candy watched as Pinkie continued to bombard the other students. "You know what? I'm sick of being the voice of reason. I'm always the one who tries to talk Pinkie out of her stupid shenanigans, pulling my hair out because I'm worried about the consequences of her actions. But not this time. When Pinkie and I first arrived in Steeden, she put the idea in my head that we would have a lot of fun while we were here. And that's exactly what I'm going to do today: not worry about it and have fun. Pass me that bowl of jelly!"

Puff, taken aback by Candy's attitude toward the situation, slowly passed a half-spilled bowl of lime jelly to Candy who proceeded to dump the contents onto her hoof and hurl it over the table.

"Heads up!" Candy shouted with an uncharacteristically carefree smile.

"You don't warn your enemies that you're firing at them," Pinkie lectured her. "But you've got the enthusiasm, and that's what counts." She turned a stern, commanding gaze to Puff and Sugar. "As for you two, unless you want to go cryin' home to Mama, I suggest you lace up yer boots and get to fightin'!"

Puff and Sugar stared at one another for a moment, silently deciding whether or not to take part. The unicorn shrugged her shoulders. "I see no harm in it. What do you need me to do, Pinkie Pie?"

The party pony glanced around their immediate surroundings, noticing that she and Candy had already burned through most of their available ammunition. "We need more artillery." She chanced a peek over the table, quickly ducking back down for a split second to avoid an errant cupcake, and scanned the room through the chaos and the hail of food. She spotted the glass display counter a short distance away, stained with splattered food, but still filled with untouched edibles. She popped back down and pulled Sugar closer. "The counter by the kitchen is still stocked up. If you can get over there and bring back as much ammo as you can, we'll be in good shape to hold out for a while."

Sugar nodded. "Understood. Wish me luck."

"Right. Good luck. And Cookie..." Pinkie gently placed a hoof on her friend's shoulder. "Be careful. It's hell out there."

Sugar held her own hoof against Pinkie's for a moment, and smiled warmly. With confidence and little hesitation, she set out for her objective, keeping low to the ground to avoid enemy fire.

Candy and Puff watched as she expertly weaved her way around, taking cover behind overturned chairs and tables for brief moments before continuing. Admittedly, they were pretty impressed.

"I've gotta admire her courage. I don't think I'd have the guts to go out there," Candy commended.

Pinkie nodded in agreement. "Yup. She's a fine soldier alright."

Sugar finally reached the counter, quickly and deftly hopping over to the other side to access the snacks on display. She hastily began harvesting the unclaimed munitions, taking as much as she could carry in her forelegs.

"Look out!" she heard Pinkie shout from across the room.

Sugar turned around just in time to see another mare behind her preparing to nail her with a slice of apple pie. Reacting quickly she reached down to pick up a paper plate that had fallen to the floor, raising it like a shield to block the incoming pastry projectile. And immediately, in one continuous motion, tossed the plate—and by extension the pie—right back into her attacker's face.

Puff, Candy, and even Pinkie were thoroughly astounded by her reflexes.

"Damn," was all Candy could think to say.

Unfazed by the surprise encounter, Sugar made her way back across the battlefield as she had the first time, this time with forelegs full of food. She did drop a few pastries here and there, but she was carrying enough to give the four of them enough ammunition to possibly outlast the competition... Or have a light snack between volleys.

Sugar ducked down behind a table very near where her friends were hunkered down. Just one more quick sprint and she'd rejoin them. But as she leapt out of cover to traverse the final, open gap, a stray, airborne cupcake struck her in the withers, and she dropped her payload, collapsing into it with a loud splat. Pinkie gasped and lunged forward into danger, grabbing Sugar and pulling her to safety, paying no mind to their wasted munitions. Pinkie turned her unicorn friend over onto her back. Her chest, stomach, and face were smeared with all manner of messy food, from icing to caramel.

Pinkie looked over her fallen comrade in shock. "Cookie! Are you okay?! Come on, talk to me!"

Sugar opened her pink eyes slowly. A soft smile creased her lips as she gently placed a crimson hoof over Pinkie's. "You came to save me. You are a true friend, Pinkie Pie."

"Don't talk," Pinkie said on the verge of tears, despite her previous insistence. "You gotta save your strength. It's just a flesh wound, we'll fix you up, good as new, don't worry."

There was a hopeful glint in Sugar's eyes. "My lungs feel short of air. Perhaps some... C.P.R. will help."

Pinkie nodded. "Right. Puff, can you do mouth-to-mouth?"

The tan earth pony looked around for a moment, slightly confused and surprised. "Me? Um, vell, I suppose."

"Then hurry! She needs help!" Pinkie ordered, pointing to Sugar. "I've gotta recover our supplies." She hopped out into the open to hurriedly scoop up the food that Sugar had dropped.

Puff looked down at Sugar, who was suddenly much less inclined to continue role-playing.

"That is okay," Sugar said, sitting up and wiping herself off. "I am sure I can shake it off."

Candy simply rolled her eyes at all of the melodrama unfolding around her, and continued pelting her foes.

"Alright!" Pinkie angrily blurted across the cafeteria. "You jerks hurt my friend, and nopony hurts my friends and gets away with it! Just remember: you asked for this!"

"Asked for... vhat?" Puff stammered, unsure if she really wanted to know.

Pinkie, now donning a green, metal helmet, stood up on her hind legs, lifting one of them onto a miniature, powder blue cannon with floral-patterned wheels—which Candy, Puff, and Sugar could not, for the life of them, figure out where it came from. Pinkie turned back to face her friends with a sinister, toothy grin. "My secret weapon."

***** ***** *****

The morning sun slowly rose into the sky, bathing Ponyville with a bright orange glow, and barely hovering above the horizon yet. Most of the small town's residents had yet to rise from their beds, but soon many of them would be awake and preparing for the day ahead of them. Though, being a Saturday, the foals of the town would be enjoying an extra few hours of sleep, unless they noticed that the first light snowfall of the season had occurred just that morning, covering Ponyville in a thin sheet of sparkling powder. Were the children to open their eyes and turn for the windows for even a moment, their parents would likely be rudely roused from their slumbers by the excited foals.

One resident, however, had already risen, not due to the snow, but due to routine. Twilight Sparkle sipped lightly on her morning cup of tea as she perused a new book about botany that she had recently added to the library's collection. She was no stranger to the morning sun. Having been the personal protégé of Princess Celestia—the very individual responsible for raising the sun every morning—she was accustomed to waking up alongside her teacher's iridescent, celestial orb. Her internal clock was practically hardwired to wake her up when it rose.

But she wasn't the only one awake at the moment. Normally, she wouldn't disturb her sleeping, reptilian assistant at this hour, preferring to let him get a little more rest as he was still rather young, but he did, on occasion, wake up when she did. Of course, she'd tell him get more sleep if he wanted, but sometimes he didn't bother and just prepared for the day ahead as she did. However, Spike was not present at this exact moment, but that would be remedied when the front door opened and the baby dragon returned from outside.

"Got 'em!" Spike announced, waving a handful of letters that he had retrieved from the mailbox outside.

After taking another sip of tea, Twilight rose with her usual cheery grin, and trotted over to receive the envelopes. "Thank you, Spike. Let's see here..." The alicorn flipped through the letters as she and her assistant walked back to the round table in the middle of the foyer. "Bill... Bill... Invitation..." Twilight paid little mind to these. Ever since she was crowned a princess she'd receive invitations to various events, like social gatherings in Canterlot, or ribbon-cutting ceremonies for new businesses. She'd attend if she could schedule it, but the sheer amount she's received in the short time she had been a princess was starting to become a tad aggravating, as if she were somehow more important now that she was royalty.

Twilight placed the second-to-last letter on the table, then paused as she looked over the final envelope. Her smile widened at the sight of the bright pink envelope decorated with pictures of yellow and blue balloons. She knew exactly what this one was. She had received letters sealed in these same, flamboyant envelopes fairly regularly for the past few months. And just as she was about to open it, Twilight and Spike both winced at a loud crash from behind them.

"Hey, Twilight! Did you get it?"

Twilight looked over her shoulder to see a smiling Rainbow Dash, dressed up in a wool hat and scarf, draped over the windowsill by the entrance, her front half leaning into the inside, while her backside remained out in the cold.

"We have a door, you know," Twilight deadpanned, though she found herself unable to be upset seeing the good mood her friend was in.

"Yeah yeah, no time for that," Dash said hastily as she struggled to pull herself the rest of the way through the window. She tumbled ungracefully to the floor, landing with her hind legs in the air before allowing herself to fall over onto her back.

"You're up surprisingly early," Twilight commented, noting that she would usually never see Rainbow Dash out and about before noon without reason.

The cyan pegasus rose to a sitting position on the floor. "Who do ya think is responsible for all that snow out there?"

"What, you did that all by yourself?" Spike said with a touch of surprise, though it sounded like an impressive feat.

Rainbow Dash rubbed the back of her head and rocked gently from side to side. "Well, no. But I was in charge, so I guess I get most of the credit... Maybe." She shook her head and stood up, walking over to Twilight. "Anyway, you didn't answer my question."

Twilight chuckled at her friend's impatience and raised the pink envelope with her magic, waving it back and forth. "Don't worry, it's right here."

Rainbow Dash's face lit up with an eager grin. "Well? Are you just gonna sit there, or are ya gonna open it?"

The pegasus made an attempt to snatch the envelope out of the air, but Twilight pulled it out of the way. "Whoa, calm down. Don't you think we should wait until we're all together before we read it? I'm sure everypony is eager to hear what Pinkie Pie is up to."

"What's the rush anyway?" Spike asked. "It probably just says the same thing as her other letters: she misses us, but she's really enjoying herself in Steeden. That's basically what she tells us every time."

"That's not the point," Rainbow Dash groaned. She placed her forelegs on the table, leaning her head against them with a sigh. "Haven't you guys noticed how much different Ponyville feels lately?"

Twilight curled her mouth in thought. "It has been awfully quiet for the past few months. I guess you don't really notice how much of a presence Pinkie Pie has around here until she's gone."

"Yeah, we haven't been to a single party since she left," Spike noted. "It's kinda... boring around here now."

"That's what I'm saying. I used to think she could be a little annoying sometimes... Or really annoying other times. But I'd rather have her jibber-jabberin' in my ears than this... silence." Rainbow Dash's ears flattened against her head as she sunk further into her hooves.

Twilight and Spike shared knowing glances, but before either of them could chime in, Rainbow Dash said exactly what they were preparing to say.

"I miss her."

"We all miss her, Rainbow Dash," Twilight said, placing a comforting hoof on her friend's shoulder.

"But she's my best friend. I'm starting to think that telling her to go was a... a mistake. And I feel like a selfish jerk for saying that. But now she's only been gone a few months, and I miss her like she's been gone forever. I hate thinking about the fact that she's gonna be gone for, like, another nine months or something. It might as well be an eternity."

Twilight stayed silent for a minute. It wasn't often the rough and tumble Rainbow Dash got emotional, but at this juncture she felt that she should say something to comfort her. "Rainbow Dash... I feel like the best thing to do in order to cope with this is to not think about what life is like without her, but to imagine how happy you'll be when you see each other again. Based on her letters, it doesn't seem like she's very down about this. Like Spike said, she's enjoying herself, learning all sorts of new recipes, making new friends."

"Yeah, imagine how she'd feel if she knew you were just mopin' around about her all the time," Spike added. "She'd probably tell you to turn that frown upside-down."

Rainbow Dash cracked a small smile. "Yeah, that does sound like her. Still though, I can't help but think that she's embroidering a little in her letters."

"Embellishing," Twilight corrected.

"Whatever."

"Whadda ya mean? You think she's lying to us?" Spike questioned.

"I mean, she's in school," Dash elaborated. "How much fun can she possibly be having?"

"She's in a baking school. She's doing what she loves, and learning new things about it. It's the same reason I read all of these books," Twilight explained.

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes. "I'll never understand you eggheads. No matter how much you try and convince me, I don't think I can picture anypony having that much fun in school. If you ask me, she's probably sitting around, listening to a dull, slow-talking instructor, bored out of her skull. What's the most exciting thing that could possibly happen?"

***** ***** *****

"Fire in the hole!"

Pinkie Pie's Party Cannon unleashed another salvo upon the unprepared enemy, coating the walls and several students with whatever foodstuffs she could jam into the weapon. Food wasn't the only weapon in her arsenal though. She had to discharge some ordnance from a previous occasion, mostly consisting of chromatic balloons, streamers, and confetti, decorating the cafeteria to look like a party that had gotten way out of hoof. However, Pinkie Pie's bombardment did little to deter the other students, who continued their unrelenting assault on one another. On the up side, every shot fired in Pinkie's direction gave she and her friends more ammo to cram into the Party Cannon and launch right back into their faces.

"Is this ever going to end?" Puff asked with astonishment as food flew over their heads nonstop.

Pinkie Pie sat down next to her, rolling a lollipop around in her mouth. "There are no sure things in war, soldier. One day you're sittin' around, eatin' lunch with your friends, then BAM! Muffins outta nowhere!"

Puff raised an eyebrow. "You started th—"

"Yup, can't let your guard down for a minute," added the pink mare, ignoring the accusation.

"Rechercher plus ici, tu rose simplette!"

Curious about the familiar-sounding, Prench taunt, Pinkie Pie peeked over the upturned table only to immediately be struck by an airborne slice of banana cream pie. Pinkie was sent reeling backward onto her back. Her friends gathered around to see if she was okay, their concern placated when Pinkie swirled her long tongue around to scoop up the splattered cream and crust on her face. But before they could help her up, a figure leapt over their barricade and stood over the prone mare, staring down at her with incensed rage.

Pinkie grinned at the familiar face huffing and puffing above her. "Heya, Gwen. I thought you flew the coop already. Glad to see you didn't chicken out." She couldn't help but giggle at her own puns.

"I would 'ave, but I could not live wiz myself if I let you get away wiz zis insult!" Gwenivere explained, drawing attention to the few specks of chocolate and cherry that she hadn't managed to clean off.

Pinkie cocked her head to the side, slight disappointment in her eyes. "Does that mean you're not on our side?"

The griffon grit her teeth at the thick-headed mare's question. "I will never be on your side! 'Ow many times must I say it?!" Gwenivere grabbed a smooshed muffin off the floor, holding it tightly in her talons above her head.

"Eep!" Pinkie Pie slipped out from under her, scurrying away before the muffin wound up occupying the space where her head had been. Pinkie vaulted over another nearby table to shield herself from her new enemy.

"You cannot 'ide!" Gwenivere shrieked as she pursued her prey, flushing her out of hiding and chasing her around the cafeteria.

Candy, Puff, and Sugar could only watch as the pink pony and the livid griffon bounded, ducked, dodged, tossed, spun, flipped, and twirled in their frantic game of cat and mouse, paying no mind to the other students whose war was still waging.

"I think Pinkie might have finally broken her," Candy said to her friends.

"I do not know about that," said Sugar. "She seems to be favoring the food as her weapon of choice. I think she might actually be having fun."

"That's a bit of a stretch if you ask me," Puff commented. "She looks pretty mad."

"She always looks mad," Candy said with a roll her eyes. "And if not, she either looks annoyed, or self-important. Still though, the fact that she's even participating either means she's actually enjoying herself, or she plans to smother Pinkie Pie in icing and mashed potatoes. Either way, it's pretty entertaining," she added with a giggle.

The trio of ponies suddenly needed to move out of the way as Pinkie Pie bounded over their barricade, grabbed her Party Cannon, and swiveled it around. Gwenivere immediately followed her, stopping mere feet away from the powder blue artillery that was now trained straight at her. A look of shock replaced the anger on Gwenivere's face, and she took a step back.

"That's right," Pinkie threatened, though her tone and her smile were still pretty playful. "Who's got the upper hoof now? One wrong move and you'll be buried under a mountain of sugary delight. Surrender!"

Gwenivere remained completely silent, lowering the claw that was poised to toss another glob of food at the incessant pony. Pinkie nodded to acknowledge her surrender. However, it was only now that Pinkie noticed how quiet it was. Not just Gwenivere, but the entire cafeteria. She glanced around, being careful not to drop her guard and let Gwenivere get the jump on her. Sure enough, everyone had stopped what they were doing, and were all looking toward Pinkie, their expressions very reminiscent of Gwenivere's.

"What's wrong?" Pinkie asked the crowd. "Come on, I thought you were having fun. You don't have to stop on account of us." Pinkie Pie noticed Candy making a silent, yet panicked, gesture toward her. "What's up, Candy?"

Pinkie suddenly felt something clasp the top of her head, and she was spun around on the spot by the unseen force. Pinkie was now staring straight into the bloodshot, golden eyes of one infuriated, mustachioed griffon.

"Oh! Hi, Chef le Grand!" Pinkie shouted, her sudden, onset nervousness making her response much louder than she had intended. "Heh heh. Imagine running into you here. Ha ha... I'm in trouble, aren't I?"

Gustave released Pinkie's head from his grip and took a deep breath in an attempt to calm his nerves. He looked Pinkie straight in the eyes, then her friends', and, finally, his daughter's. "You five. Come wiz me. Now."

The group collectively gulped, not liking the sound of his tone one bit. They did as they were told and started toward the door, their heads hanging low. Whatever was coming their way, it wasn't good.

***** ***** *****

The five of them stood silently, their faces clearly exhibiting the guilt and regret of their actions. Was a half an hour of fun worth the amount of trouble they were no doubt in? If Gustave's reaction was any indication, their punishment could range from bad to really, really, really bad.

Everything was made worse by the deafening silence that filled their homeroom class, where their fuming instructor had led them. Gustave had seated himself at his desk, glaring long and hard at the five troublemakers before him. Part of him was waiting for one of them to speak up and attempt to explain themselves, although, more than likely, none of them had the courage to say anything at the moment, nor could they devise a reasonable argument to defend what they had done.

Not wanting to be in this situation any more than they did, Gustave inhaled a long breath through his nostrils and broke the silence. "I suppose I do not 'ave to tell you what you 'ave done wrong, do I?"

They all silently shook their heads.

Gustave looked over their ashamed faces systematically. "I was informed by a couple of concerned étudiants 'oo 'ad managed to escape zee carnage of what was 'appening. Zey said zat some, and I quote, 'crazy, pink mare' 'ad started a 'food fight' in zee cafeteria." Of course, his eyes trained on Pinkie Pie.

A nervous grin managed to make it's way onto Pinkie's face. "I-I don't suppose they were talking about Candy, were they?"

Gustave's stern gaze never faltered. "I do not zink zey were. I zink zey were referring to you, Mademoiselle Pie. Am I wrong?"

Pinkie's smile fell and she sighed in defeat. "No, sir."

Gustave leaned back in his chair, turning his gaze up to the ceiling for a moment, then back to his students. "I am very disappointed in you all."

Gwenivere raised her claw slowly. "Even moi, Papa?"

"Especially you, Gwenivere!"

His daughter winced at his sudden outburst. Gustave clenched his eyes shut, and took a deep breath to calm himself. He hadn't meant to shout at her, but the thought that his own daughter would involve herself in such wanton defamation of school property angered him. He had raised her better than that.

"Zis is not somezing zat can be overlooked. When you were all accepted to zis université, you were expected to be'ave in a mature manner and respect zese premises. Instead, you 'ave vandalized it, possibly damaging zee schools very reputation, as well as zose zat work 'ere." Gustave made sure that the five of them were paying heed to his every word and allowing them to sink in. "Normally, a minor infraction would result in un avertissement. 'Owever, zis is no minor infraction. You will all be punished accordingly for your be'avior."

In their minds, Pinkie and her friends had hoped because this was their first real offense that they might get off with a scolding and a warning. Apparently, that was not the case. It was evident that no display of remorse or puppy dog eyes was going to get them off the hook.

Gustave leaned back in his chair. "Now, I must decide what zee most fitting punishment is for you."

Pinkie Pie slowly and pensively raised her hoof. Gustave raised an eyebrow, unsure if his nerves could handle anymore of her hijinx. But considering the guilty look on her face, he highly doubted that she'd risk doing anything to dig herself deeper than she already was.

"Oui?"

Pinkie lowered her hoof and took a single step forward. "Um... Chef le Grand. I'd like to request that I receive punishment for what happened, not anyone else."

Her friends all turned to her with shocked expressions.

Gustave leaned forward against his desk. "Mademoiselle Pie, your friends were involved just as much as you were. Zey are just as deserving of punishment as you."

"That's not true," Pinkie argued. "They wouldn't have been involved at all if I didn't start the food fight. I'm the one who egged them into taking part."

"By that logic, Gwenivere should be the one who gets punished since she instigated Pinkie," Candy commented, earning a sneer from the griffon.

Pinkie shook her head. "No, I should have been the bigger mare and backed off. Instead, I chose to retaliate. And I'm sorry that that mistake might have gotten you all in trouble."

Puff stepped forward to address Gustave. "Don't listen to her, Chef. Vee all had the option to opt out und didn't."

Pinkie ignored Puff and continued to plead her case. "I don't care what you have in store, I just don't want my friends, or any of the other students punished for my actions."

Gustave tented his talons and closed his eyes in thought. "You are willing to take full responsabilité for zis mess?"

Pinkie nodded resolutely.

Gustave inhaled deeply through his nostrils, then slowly released his breath. "If you feel as zough you are zee sole party responsible for zis, zen I suppose I could zink of somezing."

His response caused a relieved smile to crease Pinkie's lips.

"'Owever," he continued, wiping the smile off of her face, "I 'ighly doubt zat zee université would allow all zose involved to get off scot-free, so it is very likely zat you all will be put on probation for a time."

Candy put a hoof on Pinkie's shoulder. "Are you sure about this? You don't have to take full blame here."

Pinkie offered a strong-willed smile. "I feel bad about you guys getting in trouble just because I wanted to have a little fun. Don't worry about it, okay?"

"If everyone is in agreement to zese terms, zen I suppose we are done 'ere. You are all dismissed. Alzough, I may wish to continue zis chat wiz you later, Gwenivere."

Gwenivere nodded, knowing that her father wasn't going to let her off that easily. "Oui, Papa."

Gwenivere, Pinkie, Puff, Candy, and Sugar all made their way to the door, eager to get back to their dorms and put this whole mess behind them.

"Mademoiselle Pie."

Pinkie stopped and turned back around to face Gustave.

"May I 'ave anozer moment of your time?"

Pinkie looked back to her friends, who had stopped at the door for her. She gestured for them to go on without her and not wait up. They did as she said and left, although Gwenivere turned back for a moment and gave Pinkie a look that she couldn't quite decipher before exiting herself and shutting the door behind her. Now alone with Gustave, Pinkie stepped back over to his desk.

"Pinkie Pie, I feel as zough I must ask you a question: how important is zis course to you?"

The query caught Pinkie off guard. "Huh? Well, it's pretty important, I guess. I've been saving up for a long time to pay for my tuition, and I just want to be the best baker that I can be."

"I see," Gustave responded quietly. "Zen why are you sabotaging your own éducation?"

Pinkie tilted her head in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Gustave stood up from his chair and walked around to stand next to Pinkie. "I 'ave said zis in zee past, but I 'ave seen just 'ow talented you are. It baffles me zat you would risk your éducation just to 'ave a little fun. I zink it is time zat you decide what is more important to you: your éducation, or 'aving fun wiz your friends."

Pinkie's face showed more confidence and resolution than Gustave had ever seen in her before. "In any scenario where my friends are one of my choices, I will always choose my friends without question."

Gustave hummed to himself, the answer disappointing him somewhat. "Zen per'aps you should reevaluate your priorities. If zis be'avior continues, you may be expelled."

Pinkie shook her head. "Chef le Grand, my friends are exactly why I asked that I take all the blame. When I realized how much trouble we might have been in, the first thing I thought of was my friends being punished for something I did. My friends are more important to me than anything. You can expel me if you want, but I'm more concerned about them than myself. Which is why I can promise you that nothing like this will ever happen again. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I got my friends kicked out of university."

Gustave's disappointment began to lift, a small, proud grin playing across his beak. "Zat is very responsible of you. Très bien. And you will not be expelled. 'Owever, I do zink I can devise a fitting punishment for you. Meet me in zee cafeteria in une heure."

Pinkie saluted to her teacher. "Roger dodger."

***** ***** *****

Pinkie Pie was alone, surrounded by nothing other than dead silence and the sloshing of her wet mop against the floor. The university's cafeteria had been closed down for the remainder of the day due to the day's earlier events. Currently, the room's tables and chairs, which had been overturned and strewn about in the chaos, were now lined up along the walls, any mess that had covered them already cleaned up. Their new position left the center of the room wide open and empty, save the food stuffs staining the floor, as well as the pink earth pony wearing a custodian's uniform, and her mop and bucket.

Pinkie wrung out her mop for what must have been the hundredth time so far, wiped her brow, and let out an exhausted breath. She glanced around the room with a hint of an optimistic smile. Although the floor was looking much cleaner now, the walls were still plastered with Celestia-knows-what. She was likely to be here for a few more hours, but such was her punishment.

Her attention was diverted by the sound of the cafeteria doors opening. Much to Pinkie's pleasure and relief, the faces of her three friends gave some color to the monotonous, white cafeteria. "Oh, heya, girls!" Pinkie called out with an enthusiastic wave.

Candy, Puff, and Sugar Cookie all walked over to her with pleasant smiles, careful not to step in anything along the way. They were all dressed up in their winter clothes again as well. Somewhat to Pinkie's surprise, Gwenivere also walked in behind them, but stayed near the entrance.

"Hey, Pinkie," Candy greeted with a friendly grin. Pinkie could see a hint of gratefulness in her smile as well. "We were about to head out to that place Sugar was talking about earlier for supper." She looked around at the mess that still remained. Although she had cleaned up a fair amount already, it was evident Pinkie wasn't near done. "We were gonna ask you to come along if you were done, but I guess you're not."

Pinkie let out an exasperated sigh, but maintained her cheerful smile. "Nope. Sorry. Wish I could, but can you imagine how much trouble I'd be in if I blew this off? Chef le Grand would blow a gasket."

"I know you vant to take responsibility, but vee could help you if you really vanted," Puff offered.

Pinkie waved the kind offer away. "Thanks, but I think I can handle it. It seemed pretty intimidating at first, but I eventually made a game of it, and now it's not so bad. I just pretend that the food and stains are messy space aliens from the planet Goopitron looking to contaminate Equestria, and the only thing that can destroy them is a little H2O. Wha-bam!" Pinkie slapped the wet mop with a splat onto a nearby icing stain and wiped it clean.

Candy couldn't help but giggle at her child-like enthusiasm. "Well, as long as you're having fun. We'll see you later, I guess." The three of them waved goodbye and made their way to the exit.

"See ya!"

Once they were gone, Pinkie noticed immediately that Gwenivere was still standing at the door. Once Candy, Puff, and Sugar had gotten far enough, the griffon made her way over to Pinkie, albeit a little hesitantly.

"What's up, Gwen?" Pinkie chirped.

Normally, Pinkie would be scolded for her use of that nickname, but Gwenivere seemed to ignore it this time. In fact, she looked as if she was a little embarrassed. "I simply wish to... to zank you. Alzough mon papa was quite upset wiz me, 'ad you not stepped in, I may 'ave been scolded plus gravement. Coming to zis school 'as been my goal since I was a chick. My deepest fear is disappointing mon papa. What you did for moi, was... 'elpful in zat respect. Alzough, it 'as made me feel somewhat guilty for provoking you."

"Psh. It's not your fault," Pinkie responded. "I probably overreacted a little. For once in my life I saw an opportunity to have a rip-roarin' food fight. I couldn't resist the urge to take it."

Astonishingly, Gwenivere actually smiled at Pinkie; a genuine, grateful smile. "Regardless, merci beaucoup."

"Don't mention it. That's what friends are for."

The griffon grimaced at that remark. "I did not say we were friends. I am simply giving zanks where zanks is due. Do not read too much into zat."

"Sure, sure. Whatever you say," Pinkie replied, though, secretly, she didn't believe that for a second.

"May I make one request of you?" Gwenivere asked.

Pinkie perked up her ears. "Hm? Oh, sure. What is it?"

"Could you not mention to anyone zat we 'ad zis little chat?"

Pinkie giggled knowingly. "I can do that."

Gwenivere nodded, attempting to reapply her usual look of indifference. "Zen I will take my leave. You still 'ave much work to do, and mon papa would be very upset if 'e were to learn zat you were goofing off."

Like Pinkie's friends, Gwenivere left the cafeteria, leaving Pinkie Pie alone once again. The egotistical griffon may think otherwise, but Pinkie was sure that the two of them were growing closer. It was only a matter of time.

Pinkie turned her attention back to the task at hand, dunking her mop into the bucket again and aggressively attacking the mess that still remained.

"Take that, alien scum!"