• Published 29th Apr 2012
  • 1,670 Views, 18 Comments

Benjamin Johnson, Battlony - aricaitlyn



While on a long car ride, Ben is stranded at a rest stop in the Kentucky area with no way back home. He finds that a legion of ponies are sent from Celestia with intentions to kill.

  • ...
5
 18
 1,670

Moving Day

“Ben, wake up!”

I opened my eyes. My younger sister, Katie, was staring straight at me. I screamed, not expecting to see her face first thing in the morning.

“Wake up, Ben!” she repeated, beginning to shake my shoulder. “Today’s the day!”

I plucked her hand off my shoulder and grabbed my glasses from the nightstand. “Today’s the day?” I asked.

Katie nodded. “Moving day!” She threw her hands up over her head and spun around in a little dance. Katie left the room, still spinning and dancing.

I pulled myself out of bed (well, just the mattress; Mom had stripped, washed, and packed the sheets already) and stretched, making a dying-pterodactyl sound as I pulled my arms up.

I sighed. Moving day. Just hearing that phrase gave me an odd feeling in my stomach. Katie had seemed so optimistic, so ready to leave. On the other hand, I didn't want to leave Indiana, leave my friends, leave the middle school I was enrolled in. Life was pretty sweet here. The thing is, my dad got a new job. He works in medicine and was promoted to a higher rank. That’s good for him. The only bad news is that we’ll be in the car forever to get to where we’re headed.

I stepped out into the hallway, which had become a treacherous sea of boxes. I was lucky if I made it into the kitchen without tripping over and breaking an empty box. Fortunately, I was able to make it in without a hitch. I sat down at the table (actually, just another cardboard box) and poured myself a bowl of Froot Loops. I grabbed a small carton of orange juice from the fridge and gulped it down.

After breakfast, I went back into my room and began packing the remainder of my stuff into a box. Crayons? In the box. Drawings for my crush that I never got to finish? In the box, unfortunately never to be seen by her eyes. I took a second look at the drawing as I put it in the box. For my crush, I had drawn some “My Little Pony” characters, seeing as she obsesses over that show so much. A clumsily-drawn Applejack stood next to the random pony that was purple. What was her name again? Twilight…something? Considering that I have never been a fan of that show, it was a pretty good drawing, but I had given her tons of my old drawings before I left.

“Ben, help me out with these boxes!” my mom shouted from the living room.

“I’m coming!” I replied, leaving the picture behind.