• Published 29th Apr 2012
  • 1,670 Views, 18 Comments

Benjamin Johnson, Battlony - aricaitlyn



While on a long car ride, Ben is stranded at a rest stop in the Kentucky area with no way back home. He finds that a legion of ponies are sent from Celestia with intentions to kill.

  • ...
5
 18
 1,670

Applemeeting, Appleventure

Donna finally ended up in front of a large barn. I knocked on the door weakly.

She smirked. "That's not knocking, you baby." She began to bang on the door, leaving a small dent in the already-decaying wood. The hinges squeaked as it opened. An orange pony with freckles, a blonde ponytail, and a cowboy hat stood behind it. It was Applejack, I think.

"Oh, howdy, Donna!" the little pony said, smiling. She nodded towards me. "Ah'm Applejack. Mah cloned relatives and Ah used to live in Ponyville, until The Solar Empire ordered an attack on the humans somewhere between…Indiana and North Carolina. An' who might you be?"

"Ben," I replied, thinking a "Hi, my name is" sticker could come in handy real soon.

"Anyway", AJ drawled, "perhaps ya'll should meet mah other cloned relatives."

She opened the door all the way to reveal a roomful of orange ponies. Each one looked like her, but they all had different traits and abilities. In the center stood a smaller filly, who I assumed was Froot Loop.

Froot Loop trotted up to me, eyes opened wide. "Wow," she said, amazed. "Is that a wrench cutie mark?"

"What?" I asked. I then lifted my finger to my left eyelid. I had forgotten that in sixth grade, my eye got into a fight with a table. Needless to say, the table won. I had to get stitches. "Oh," I laughed. "It's a scar, not a cutie mark."

"Oh, alright," Froot Loop replied, nodding.

I changed the subject. "How many ponies are there?!"

The original Applejack smiled. "About 45 in this room. But scattered 'round the barn 'r 'bout a hundred more."

"But why are there so many?"

"Princess Celestia felt as though you humans were a threat. So she sent us t' a magical mirror pool deep in the Everfree Forest so that we could clone ourselves. Ah've got clones, Twilight's got clones, shoot, everypony in Equestria has at least one clone! So the attack was planned...an' here we are!"

Froot Loop scurried her way to the front of the pack and looked straight up at me. She came up to my knees in height. "Hi there, newcomer! I'm Froot Loop!"

Suddenly, my level screen appeared again.

Congratulations! Because you have met your game leader, you have been upgraded from LEVEL 1 to LEVEL 2!
We award you with one (1) COPPER SEXY SWORD, one (1) COPPER SEXY SHIELD, and one (1) NOT-SO-COPPER SEXY BICYCLE HELMET!

After Donna and I got the ponies to join us, we set out to defeat the rest of them. I assumed that the ponies we needed to defeat were evil, but I still didn't understand why Applejack and her clones was on our side. My palms were growing sweaty from holding my weapons, and I felt lightheaded. I could really use a snack. We ended up in a forest, with a couple of wilted apple trees scattered around.

"Land sakes!" Applejack cried out with glee. "Ya'll hungry? Me and mah sisters'll buck ya some apples!"

Donna and I nodded. Scoutjack stepped up to a smaller tree and bucked it with her hind legs, releasing apples onto the ground with a mighty plop. Dozens of apples fell without a care as Froot Loop, Applejack, Doctorjack, Healerjack, and Battlejack bucked the trees with their hind legs. We picked up the apples and put them in Donna's bag for the long journey ahead. Just as we were headed that way, Donna suddenly stopped. Her hands were shaking and she looked like she was about to vomit.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"I sense it," she replied shakily, holding her drooping head up. "T-the Rainbow Dashes are on their w-way!"

"Oh, no!" I cried. "But what will we -"

She cut me off rudely and stood in front of me, her feebleness suddenly vanishing. "I'm the only human 'round here who can take 'em. Wait here, Ben. I'm gonna go look for 'em." Donna walked off and I began to follow her.

"Donna, are you keeping those apples? Me and the Applejacks will starve!"

"Yes," she replied hurriedly. "I'm gonna need them more than anyone else.” She turned to me, grinning. “And in a pinch, pony flesh is delicious over fire or raw."

"But what about me?" I asked, disregarding the thought of eating ponies. "I'm gonna get hungry sooner or later, and, well, isn‘t friendship supposed to be magic? Donna, am I just not that important to you?"

Donna turned on her heel and gave me a look. "Ben, you're very important to me. But I'm keeping you safe this way by doing it myself. I know you've faced a deceiver before, but there are much worse things than deceivers, like the Rainbow Dashes and the Twilights..."

"But where were you?"

"I was washing the dishes and I heard something outside. There you were with a deceiver. Then you came in, and I asked you 'bout it 'cause I knew." She began to get shaky again. "Now, I've gotta go. I'll leave some apples and lemonade for you." She shuffled through her bag and pulled out a bottle of lemonade and three apples.

I watched her walk out of the forest, but immediately stopped watching her when I realized that the ponies behind me began to eat my food. "You guys!" I began to complain, almost like a little kid. "These are for me! And you obviously know I won't eat after a pony!" I stood up, gulped, and held my weapons loosely, adding, "Because I'm following Donna!" I grabbed the lemonade bottle and ran off.