• Published 29th Apr 2012
  • 1,670 Views, 18 Comments

Benjamin Johnson, Battlony - aricaitlyn



While on a long car ride, Ben is stranded at a rest stop in the Kentucky area with no way back home. He finds that a legion of ponies are sent from Celestia with intentions to kill.

  • ...
5
 18
 1,670

The Danger Zone

"Are you ready?"

"I'm ready."

"I said, ARE YOU READY?!"

"I'm ready!"

Donna turned on her tape recorder.

We jogged in place until my ankles began to ache.

I ran until I ran out of breath.

We lifted weights until I nearly collapsed from holding two pounds in midair.

I pounced on Lyra, and actually enjoyed myself.

Lyra pounced on Froot Loop, smiling.

We pounced on every Applejack in sight while most of them were just going about their daily business.

Everything a good montage needs. You know, minus the parts where I felt like I was going to die.

Sweat dripped down my forehead and caught itself in the My Little Pony™ sweatband. My arms were constantly moving, and my legs, too. It actually felt nice to do something other than sleep, but when you're sleeping, there's really no risk of twisting your ankles or running out of breath.

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.

Lyra, where did you come from?

Get your hooves off me!

You're heavy!

Why did you pounce on me?

"I came from my mother, I am keeping my hooves here, it‘s kinda obvious, and this is just revenge for what you did before," Lyra replied.

I stared at her, stunned. I was pretty sure I didn't say those things out loud. How did she know?

"I'm a mind reader, Ben."

I suddenly fainted, my weak body and this sudden realization just being too much for me.


"Is he going to be okay? It looks like a concussion."

"I'm not sure. He shoulda worn his helmet."

"Is he going to level up?"

"Does he need apples? 'Cause I got some, in my bag..."

I opened my eyes to the sight of Donna, Applejack, Froot Loop, and Healerjack. Again, I was in the apple-quilted bed. I lifted my head, then lowered it immediately. "W-what happened?"

Lyra leaned forward at me and smiled. "I'm a mind rea-"

Froot Loop covered Lyra's million-miles-an-hour mouth. "Too much has been going on around here, Ben. We have to tell you the truth."

I began to get a sick feeling in my stomach. "The truth?"

Applejack whistled, and 144 Applejacks came in, hooves trotting. "I'm...Greenie," she said.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Greenie. The shape-shifting changeling you met. I'm Greenie, she's Greenie."

The rest of the orange mares finished in unison. "We're all Greenie."