• Published 14th Jul 2014
  • 4,755 Views, 96 Comments

Unlucky seven - Pinklestia



Waking up as a pony is not as fun as you might think.

  • ...
10
 96
 4,755

011 Grouchy

~~*Moondancer the Dream Weaver*~~

The worst part about Megan and her mom being gone from the house, had to be the sheer boredom I felt being stuck inside. In an effort to stave off that boredom I had as such started to find myself cleaning up around their home. Nothing too big, just picking up this or that, dusting a little here and there, and even taking a brief bit of time to wipe a few things down with a damp washcloth.

Of course none of it would've been possible without the ability to grasp and hold things with my hooves. You never really appreciate being able to hold and manipulate things with your hands until you suddenly find yourself without them. True, things like touch screen controls and the like still wouldn't work, but at least I didn't have to use my mouth for everything now.

'I am so glad I figured out that magic-hoof thing,' I thought to myself as I finished picking up yet another random bit of trash. Cleaning was my job, literally, before this mess my only job had been to keep things clean at work. 'Maintenance' they called it, I thought it more like being a janitor. It wasn't the worst work, certainly not what I'd wanted when I was a kid, but it paid.

Still kind of weird seeing you all domestic.

"How in the name of Luna am I being domestic?" I demanded incredulously.

You are cleaning up this place, which is a domestic chore you know.

"By that logic, I've always been pretty domestic. It was my job to clean up before after all," I reminded the voice in my head blandly.

That was a store and you were being paid to keep it clean. This is just a house, not even your house mind you, and you hardly cleaned our place this much.

"I did when the mood struck me," I replied.

Which was once in a blue moon at best.

"You seriously love annoying me, don't you," I accused and the head voice snorted.

Please, we both know you prefer me to total silence and isolation.

"I'd prefer turning on the TV if it meant I didn't have to listen to you," I retorted. While I said that I probably wouldn't turn on the TV on the off chance Megan's mom showed back up. As it was I could listen for her and Megan to show back up so long as it was quiet enough. So I'd just have to deal with the silence, and hope that my head voice would eventually quiet itself.

With a grunt of annoyance I continued on through the house. It was true that I didn't clean my home all that much. Truth be told I tried to avoid it, and being as much of a pack rat as I was, I had always had a somewhat cluttered room. But contrary to my head voice I did try to keep things tidy, it was cluttered, but I knew where everything was.

Having a job where I kept things cleaned had definitely made me keep things clean more often. And after a while, cleaning up became something I did just for the sake of doing it. Same with keeping myself clean as well. Though it was a bit difficult as I was now. The lack of digits and all, though learning how to 'grasp' things with my hooves helped.

How does that even works anyways?

"What..." I thought with a blink of surprise and then frowned, "Aren't you me, you should already know that," I reminded my 'head-voice'.

I'm little more than a part of your imagination, I only know what you want me to know...

I blinked at that and then rolled my eyes. Of course I'd pull some inane BS like that. Make a voice in my head to keep myself company, then make it just smart enough to mess with me, while also limiting what it knows.

"Well first of all," I began and then looked down at my hooves, "I had to realize that my hooves are made from the same material as my horn, thus, it stood to reason I can do something 'magical' with them as well," I explained as I pressed my hoof onto a TV remote. "When I did that I managed to pull the feeling from my horn and push it into my hooves then pull it back to let go," I explained as I dropped the remote onto the nearest table.

So you applied the principle of tree walking from Naruto to your hooves... and somehow it worked?

"..."

You know, I'd say you're kind of a nerd, but we both already knew that.

"Shut up!" I snapped at my head voice and started to grumble to myself as I marched around the house to check on everything. I wanted to make sure that I'd managed to clean up everything. I also wanted to avoid the fact I'd called myself a nerd. As I wandered around the home of Megan and her mother, I casually picked up this or that and put them somewhere out of the way.

I was of course aware that when Megan and her mother got home they'd notice that the place looked a lot cleaner... but honestly I didn't care. If I was going to be stuck here, then I needed to do something to keep my mind occupied. Otherwise I was probably going to go crazy, mostly due to the fact that I'm currently trapped in the body of a pony. Well... that and the fact I haven't had a chance to play a video game in what feels like forever.

I frowned at that last thought and continued on through the house.

Unfortunately the distraction of cleaning was soon wearing thin, so I wandered into the living room and plopped myself onto the couch. With a sigh I flicked my ears from side to side and let out a snort through my nose. I looked around and gave a slight nod before I allowed a yawn to pass my lips and frowned tiredly. I turned to look at the clock and frowned when I noticed that it was still relatively early, Megan wouldn't be home for a while, and I wasn't sure about her mother.

"Sometimes I hate being nocturnal," I muttered from my spot on the couch. I idly rubbed at my eyes with a fetlock, then shook my head and sighed. "I should probably head to bed, but I don't feel like it," I grumbled. "I could maybe read a book, but meh, I don't have any that'd be worth reading right now," I noted to myself and started to frown as my ears flicked in agitation.

That feeling of boredom was back, only now I didn't have the option of cleaning up the place...

Ugh... so bored... can't focus...

'So tired to,' I thought as my eyes became heavy. With a yawn I fell to the side, resting my head against the armrest of the couch. 'Maybe I should just... rest my eyes for a bit...' I thought with a yawn as my eyes slowly slid shut. 'Just for a little bit... then I'll...'


Daphne Johnson sighed tiredly as she walked into her house. Between her job and her daughter Meghan, her schedule was pretty chaotic. It was no help that her parents didn't think she was capable of handling it on her own. She paused at that thought to grumble to herself as she opened the door and Meghan hurried passed her.

"Sweetie, don't run!" she called out as she entered as well. She heard her daughter call back, but didn't pay too much attention to it as she noticed that something was... off. She idly reached up to adjust her glasses and then noticed that things seemed... well, cleaner. She glanced around to see that things she'd haphazardly put up before had been set out neatly.

With a frown she walked around, noticed that the table in the kitchen looked especially well kept, the chairs all neatly pushed in, the table-cloth she'd had off to one side for a few nights had been placed out neatly. 'What the,' she thought to herself as she walked into the kitchen. It was similar, with several dishes having put to the side of the now empty sink.

For a moment she wondered if she'd done them without thinking, but Daphne was fairly sure that that hadn't happened. She didn't have the energy most days to handle that, especially not on a weekend when Meghan was home all day, and on weekdays she was too tired from work. Even now she was supposed to be at work, but had had to pick up Meghan from school.

She was only on a lunch break and would need to get back to work soon.

As a result her home wasn't the cleanest, if she were honest she'd say it was kind of a sty on most occasions, but that was a price she was fine with paying. She made decent enough money to take care of Meghan and her own needs, and had never let things get too terrible around the house and that was enough for her.

'Did a burglar break in?' the single parent briefly wondered to herself...

She then had to wonder what kind of burglar would break in and then clean up the place.

Such thoughts wandered through her mind as she idly walked upstairs and checked her room. It like the kitchen and dining-room looked cleaner than when she left. The bed had been made, and it looked like someone had picked up the random bits of trash that'd missed her bin. Further, it seemed like someone had taken the time to clean up the dust around the room.

"Mommy!" she heard her daughter call out from the living room. Daphne dropped her thoughts to hurry out downstairs to her daughter.

"Meghan what..." She paused and her thoughts ground to a halt. Daphne stood in the frame of the doorway, and simply stared at the surreal sight laying on her couch.

It was a pony... a strange looking pony if she were honest. It was white in color with a vibrant mane and tail of red and purple. It had a symbol on it's rump that looked like a shooting star, as well as what looked like a bow tied around the base of it's tail. Further, it had bandages wrapped around it's waist, and those same bandages had turned an ugly shade of red-ish brown...

It was also a unicorn judging by the fluted horn at the center of its forehead.

It was also sleeping soundly on her couch as if it was the most normal thing imaginable for a strange unicorn to be sleeping in her living room. Daphne silently stared at the little pony, not quite sure what to make of the situation if she were perfectly honest. The whole situation dazed her enough that she barely registered as her daughter pulled on her skirt.

She blinked and looked at the girl "What," she questioned and Meghan pulled her hand.

"C'mon mommy! Moon Dancer needs her bandages changed!" the little girl stated. Daphne briefly felt a prickle of recollection at mention of the name. As a little girl she'd had a toy of Moon Dancer, in fact if she thought about it, the pony had been a unicorn with a vibrant red and purple mane / tail. It'd been one of her favorites as a child, mostly because she'd just loved her colors.

Still, how was a unicorn pony from a cartoon sleeping on her couch?

"Wait, where did she come from?" Daphne had to ask as Meghan pulled her over to 'Moon Dancer' and she glanced down at her bandaged side with a cringe. The little pony was clearly still bleeding, not too terribly mind you, but enough that her bandages really did need to be changed.

"Surprise helped me bring her home after she was attacked by a bear," Meghan supplied. Daphne vaguely recalled a grey pegasus by that name from her childhood, but couldn't really bring up much of an image. Unlike Moon Dancer, who had interesting and pretty colors, Surprise seemed to have dull colors by comparison that hadn't interested her at all as a child.

"So she's been here for how long?" Daphne wondered more to herself than anyone.

"A day," Meghan supplied and her mother hummed.

"So she cleaned our house," Daphne guessed and Meghan shrugged. The older of the two briefly looked back down to the pony and idly wondered how it had managed to clean anything. 'It has hooves for crying out loud,' she noted with a glance down to said hooves.

"Sweetie, you do know that you shouldn't talk to strangers," she noted, only to pause as what the girl actually said fully registered. "Wait, did you say a bear attacked her?!" Daphne demanded with wide eyes.

"But surprise is a pony, and I already knew Moon Dancer," the little girl replied and Daphne blinked.

"How?" she questioned.

"She lives in the woods," the girl responded and Daphne glanced at the pony curiously.

"I... can actually believe that," she admitted, then glanced at her daughter. "Now what was that about a bear attacking her?" she demanded and her daughter just pointed at the pony.

"It's what Surprise said," Meghan replied naively with a nod of her head. Daphne grimaced at that as she looked back down to the little pony. So assuming this surprise was also a pony, a pretty good bet with a name like that, that meant her daughter was now talking to ponies... who could somehow talk back.

Great, so they were probably magical talking ponies now... that was... kind of weird beyond all rational thought. Not that weird things hadn't been happening a lot lately, the news was basically filled with random strange occurrences at the moment. Still, this was well beyond the norm, and she could only take so much weirdness.

"I... I see," she murmured as she looked down at Moon Dancer. She idly noticed that the pony's hooves were vaguely green, as if she'd trod across grass for a while and stained them. It only stood out to her because all her pony toys had had hooves that were uniform with the rest of their bodies... also she was trying to think of some kind of rational explanation for this.

None came to mind...

"Mommy c'mon! We need to change her bandages,"Meghan stated, echoing her earlier statement. Daphne blinked and then tentatively reached out to touch Moon Dancer. She just... needed to test something. 'And prove to myself that this is actually happening,' she admitted to herself. She then placed her hand on Moon Dancer's head, idly petting her.

She then felt her inner child squeal at how soft her fur was.

'I'm actually touching a unicorn,' Daphne thought with a giggle, only to then shake her head. She slowly moved her hand down to the bandages and undid them, only to grimace at the long diagonal slashes across the unicorn's torso. She wasn't really a vet, so she didn't know what that was actually called on a horse, but the gashes looked pretty nasty to her.

"Maybe we should take her to a vet," Daphne murmured softly. Although a moment later her own thoughts went to half the movies she'd seen where friendly aliens were taken into public, only to be dissected by overly zealous scientists and the like... it was a gross exaggeration of real life of course, but she didn't doubt that someone would try to profit off of a living unicorn.

And she doubted that the unicorn would need to be alive for it.

"No! Surprise said that was a bad idea!" Meghan stated vehemently and Daphne sighed.

"Yeah I thought so a moment after I said it," she admitted and then clicked her tongue. "Meghan watch her for a moment, I need to get the first aid kit," Daphne told the little girl. She nodded as she then started to pet Moon Dancer with a smile. The single mother smiled softly at the sight then hurried upstairs, mentally hoping the pony hadn't decided to move their first aid kit.

It didn't take her very long to find the first aid kit, thankfully it was in the bathroom, laid out next to the sink. Given the ponies injuries, it had probably pulled it out but hadn't thought to change the bandages itself. 'Or couldn't,' she admitted to herself, which was far more likely. Given its limbs were all legs and couldn't bend that far, it was a fair assumption.

Regardless she picked it up and turned to leave, her mind wandering back to the pony in her home. Silly thoughts from when she was a child came to mind, dreams of talking with real ponies that of course never came true...

Until now of course, though it was her daughter and not her who did so.

A very small part of her felt a little jealous of that fact. As a small child herself, around Meghan's age really, she'd wanted a pony. Even talking to one would've been nice. Not that that was too terribly uncommon among little girls, but it was a bit of a sore point for her with recent events.

Yet at the same time, she was more concerned by the fact the pony was even there to begin with. Magical talking ponies weren't supposed to exist in real life after all. They were supposed to be the stuff of fantasy, how they were real and one was in her house was hard to imagine.

As she returned to the living room she pushed the thoughts away to focus on changing the pony's bandages. She also glanced at the clock and grimaced. She'd have to hurry if she wanted to get back to work without being late...

This wouldn't be fun at all.

She was not a vet. That thought had ran through Daphne's mind multiple times after she started bandaging the white-pony. Pony was also a bit subjective in this case, as the equine was far too... almost cat-like in appearance. It had hooves, sure, it had a mane and tail, of course, but the face and muzzle were all wrong for any real life equine. Not to mention all the colors it had!

'Focus!' Daphne thought with a shake of her head. The pony hadn't woken even once as she bandaged her wounds. The wounds, from a bear no less, hopefully looked a lot worse than they actually were. She wasn't a vet, and she didn't know how deeply a claw could tear into the pony before it required legitimate medical attention.

That said, who would believe her if she tried to say a magical talking pony needed help?

Certainly she could pick the pony up and try to take her to a vet, but given how weird things were at the moment, she rather doubted that would go over too well with anyone. A few of the locals were already in hysterics over the strange polka-dot disease that was going around. She was not going to introduce a new species on top of that.

With a quiet exhale Daphne finished bandaging the pony and looked at her hands with a grimace. They were covered in the equine's blood. Small splotches thankfully, and nothing that looked too life-threatening, so she quickly hurried into the kitchen to wash her hands. As she did her mind wandered to the pony, and the fact her daughter had been hiding it for who knows how long.

She wasn't an idiot after all, there was no way the pony could've gotten into the house without someone to help it. It might've came in through a window, but that thought suggested it wasn't already injured at the time. Further, someone had to have bandaged the pony before, and given how poorly the bandages had been done, she'd just bet it had been done by her daughter.

'Which means Meghan is bringing magical talking creatures home,' she thought as she idly turned the kitchen tap off. She then rubbed at her eyes with a groan.

"And here I was thinking that her maybe bringing a stray cat home would be bad," she muttered to herself. There was a literal legion of stray cats on their road after all. They all lived near an old trailer, and liked to sun-bathe in the middle of the street. She'd yet to see one get hit, thankfully neither had Meghan, but the fact it was a possibility bothered her.

It also didn't help that no one ever bothered taking any of them to a shelter... then again, maybe they all belonged to a crazy cat lady or something.

Daphne shook such thoughts from her mind and braced her hands on the sink as she let everything sink in. Her daughter had found and brought home an injured unicorn. Said unicorn was about the size of a large dog, could talk, and was probably magical. Finally, she'd bandaged the wounded creature up, and now she had an injured magical talking unicorn sleeping on her couch.

Yeah... this was so far out of her league it wasn't even funny. She was a waitress, not a vet, and she didn't have any idea what she was thinking not calling the cops. 'Oh right, who's going to believe the crazy woman about a magical talking unicorn,' she thought with a snort. Even with that crazy polka-dot disease around, this was way beyond strange.

With a groan, she pushed back from the sink and rubbed at her temples. She walked back to the living room where Meghan was seated, silently watching the unicorn in question. For a moment she considered calling in to work, but dismissed that idea almost immediately after. While her home was already paid for, a gift from her grandmother, the utilities were unfortunately another story.

The polka-dot disease certainly didn't help, with a lot of people avoiding going near the infected... or outside in general for that matter.

"Meghan, sweetie I need to get to work," Daphne began as she knelt down next to her daughter. Her eyes were drawn to the sleeping pony, then back to her daughter, "will you be okay on your own for a while?" she questioned. She was concerned, mostly for her daughter, but also for the little unicorn on her couch.

"Yep! I'll be fine!" the girl chirped happily and Daphne gave a wane smile. "Moon Dancer and I will watch some TV when she wakes up," she added. The single mother blinked at that, and glanced at the magical talking pony. Well, she was assuming it could talk if she were honest. But given how it literally had to have been what cleaned her home, she felt that an easy idea to accept.

"Alright," she whispered as she pulled her daughter into a hug and kissed the top of her head, "But please don't stay up too late, you have school in the morning," she reminded the girl. 'Unless they close the schools for some kind of quarantine or they call this polka-dot disease an epidemic and cordon off the whole county,' her mind reminded her morosely.

She quickly pushed such thoughts to the back of her mind as she got up.

"I'll be back later, sweetie," Daphne stated as she knelt down to give the girl a hug and a kiss on the cheek. She'd only been on her lunch-break thus far, she often used it to pick up Meghan from school. Normally, she just brought Meghan with her to work, but today she'd also had to pick up groceries. 'Did I remember to bring those in?' she briefly wondered to herself, then shook the thought from her mind.

"Alright, just try not to move her around too much, we don't want her bandages getting loose," the single mother remarked. Her daughter frowned for a moment, then nodded her head while Daphne walked out of her home. As she did she considered what she'd have to do with... 'Moon Dancer' in the future.

'I can't really call someone to help me with her,' she mused to herself, few would believe her, and those that did would likely be insane. Not to mention she didn't want to find out what the government would do with the pony. As far as she knew, they'd cart her off to some lab, either for outright vivisection, or to hold her in captivity for study for the rest of her natural life.

Given she might be magical, and that could be an exceedingly long time indeed.

'Calling mom and dad is right out,' Daphne added to herself with a frown. Her relationship with her parents wasn't the best after all. Frankly, it was a minefield she was not interested in walking over any time soon. Daphne paused her thoughts for a moment as she got into her car, and then sighed as she placed her forehead against her steering wheel.

"This is so not what I wanted to deal with," she murmured softly, "why couldn't she have just found a stray cat I could send to a shelter?" she briefly wondered. That would be normal, simple to deal with, and it wouldn't be causing her as much grief as the magical animal was. It wasn't intentionally of course, but it was still causing her grief.

With another sigh, Daphne turned the key to her car and set about getting to work. A glance at her timer caused her to grimace. She was going to be a bit late, mostly a result of bandaging Moon Dancer, and she was also going to be starving. 'Hears hoping they have some kind of leftovers I can munch on at work,' the woman thought to herself.

Daphne wasn't sure if she liked the distance she had to drive to work, if she were honest. She didn't like to think of herself as a 'city-girl', but she could admit that the country was very different from what she was used too. Her new home for instance, was rural, with sparse homes and large forests, while the closest town and her job was a half-hour car-ride aware.

This was nice in some cases, as it left Meghan plenty of room to run and play outside, but she did miss the convenience of malls and other nearby shopping-centers. That the closest one to her home was a five-to-ten minute drive away, and was only a small dollar-store, had been more than a little hard to deal with at first.

She paused such thoughts as she arrived at work, a little out of the way restaurant in town that she'd managed to nab a job at. It was a bit of a thankless job of course, but in that seemed to be par for the course for a lot of things lately. Thankfully the locals tipped surprisingly well, and her boss wasn't a total creep, so it at least wasn't unbearable.

Upon walking inside, and quickly clocking back in, Daphne walked into the main room and noticed that her coworker Margaret was working the register. With a frown Daphne walked over to the other woman.

"What are you doing?" she questioned and the other woman sighed.

"Gregg called in," she replied, "he caught that polka-dot bug that's going around," she explained and Daphne groaned.

"Great, that's just what we needed," she muttered softly, "did Allen have anything to say about that?" she questioned. Her boss was a decent enough sort, but that didn't mean he wasn't a bit of a slave-driver when he wanted to be. He rarely, if ever, let anyone have time off.

"He doesn't have much of an opinion since he caught it too," Margaret responded bluntly, "and for some reason it made him deathly allergic to the spices in the kitchen," she added with a confused frown. Daphne blinked at that and then palmed her face. That polka-dot disease felt like some weird kind of prank if she were honest...

"Well that's just great, is Jerry here at least?" she questioned quickly. Jerry was the assistant manager, he was less of a slave-driver than Allen, but on the downside he tended to be lazy.

"He's in the kitchen, he and the guys are scrubbing the place down," Margaret explained and Daphne slowly nodded her head. That made sense, if both Allen and Greg had caught the bug at work then it was good to be cautious and clean the place thoroughly. No one would want to eat or work at a place that was going to get them sick with that freaky bug after all.

"Right, good, so is it alright I'm a little late getting back?" she questioned and Margaret rolled her eyes.

"Take a look around and tell me it's busy," she responded a bit bluntly. Daphne did as advised and noticed that, aside from a fellow by the window, that the place was relatively dead. "It's been like this all day, Jerry actually had to send a few of the others home early," she admitted with a slim frown across her lips.

"Sh-shoot, that's not good," Daphne mumbled, "any chance of things picking up?" she asked and Margaret shrugged.

"Not until that crazy polka-dot plague clears up. It's like no one wants to risk catching it by going outside," she responded and Daphne groaned.

"Right... then I'm just going to get to work," the woman remarked and Margaret nodded her head.

"I'd suggest keeping yourself busy by cleaning the place, and that you should stand around at your peril," the woman remarked and Daphne gave a smirk.

"How often have you seen me standing around doing nothing?" she questioned and Margaret shrugged.

"Not often," she admitted, "but there really isn't much to do around here without any customers," she reminded. Daphne frowned, but nodded her head in understanding as she went about looking for the cleaning supplies. She also mentally hope that things didn't get any worse and that she could keep herself going...


I slowly awoke with a groan. My head is throbbing for some reason, my ears are flicking from side to side as I try to concentrate on several strange sounds. After a moment, I blink my eyes open and glance around. I'm still in the living room, and I'm also still on the couch while the TV has been turned on, and is turned to... oh great, MLP is on.

'I'm not sure if I'm happy or annoyed about that,' I think with a slim frown. On the one hoof I did kind of like the show before all this started, on the other, I'm a pony at the moment and that kind of takes the fun out of it. Oh and it looks like Twilight is visiting an old... wait... what the... what! "Is that supposed to be me?" I ask in more than a little surprise.

"Yeppers," the little girl chirped pleasantly then frowned, "but she's not as pretty as you," Meghan added with a tilted head, "why's that Moonie?" the little girl questioned while my eye twitched. I promptly ignored the little girl and instead focused on what Hasbro had apparently done to me.

"Why am I yellow?" I questioned with a frown. No seriously, why was I apparently yellow in FIM, the previous versions of Moon Dancer were all white, so why was she yellow! And not even a pleasant shade of yellow like Flutters, I'm an ugly shade that almost looks like old parchment!

"Moonie?" Meghan questioned slowly, only for me to continue to ignore her.

"And those eyebrows! Why are they so big? Ponies don't even have eyebrows!" I remarked as, in all honesty, I had never seen another pony that looked like this other me. "The glasses are kind of cute, in a weird nerdy way, but seriously what is with her mane, and don't even get me started on that sweater!" I declare with a shake of my head while Meghan just stared at me with a confused frown.

"Um, are you alright Moonie?" the little girl questioned and I sighed.

"Yeah I'm fine just..." I paused as I saw a flashback that showed the other me at an earlier time... oh... oh no, no way, they didn't! "Tartarus... I'm literally just an over glorified Twilight recolor!?" I demanded furiously. "The heck Hasbro!" I snapped while Meghan giggled to herself. As she did I mentally planned to exact sweet vengeance on my newly discovered foe...

Hasbro was going to pay for this, Luna as my witness they will pay for this affront, this I swear!

"You're funny Moonie!" Meghan declared and I grunted.

"Sure I am," I grumble as I glare at the glorified recolor on screen. Death would be too swift I internally decided, oh no, no way were they getting away that easily! I was so dumping Poison Joke in their HQ! Lets see how they like it when they start growing spots and turn into random things! Yeah, that'll teach 'em not to turn me into a glorified recolor!

And they didn't even mention my special talent with dreams and sleep! I mean c'mon!

"You want some water?" Meghan suddenly questioned. I grunted but gave a nod of ascent and the little girl hurried to the kitchen. As she did I glared at the other Moon Dancer, who, as it turned out, was almost as grumpy and anti-social as I was...

"Okay so you got the personality right, that means nothing to me Hasbro, I will still have my revenge!" I grumble with a hoof raised even as I continue to watch the episode. "And I'm so learning that laser thing, it looks useful... and the book thing," I added almost as an after thought. It looked like a cool ability, maybe I could pick up some of Moon Dancer's other spells too...

As I continue to ponder learning the spells of my cartoon counterpart I vaguely notice Meghan return with a glass of water. She approaches me with a smile while I idly use my hooves to grab the glass of water from her hands. The girl pauses when I do, then stares as I hold the glass with my hoof and take a gulp of water.

"Thanks," I state as I finish and hoof the glass back to her.

"How did you do that?" Meghan questioned with sparkles in her eyes.

"Magic," I responded bluntly while watching the episode of MLP.

"Oh cool! What else can you do?" Meghan questioned brightly. I glanced at her out of the corner of my eye and then re-focused on the episode before me.

"Mostly sleep and dream related things," I admitted.

"Like Luna?" she questioned and I nodded my head. "So cool! Are you like Luna's personal student like Twilight is Celestia's?" the little girl questioned and I shrugged.

"Lets see," I responded, only to frown as we watched the episode further. The problem was we got no answer, Moon Dancer didn't seem to have much of a job from what i could tell. She seemed to live by herself in a hovel, with tons of books for research and entertainment...

That's pretty much exactly what you did before this pony stuff happened...

'Shut up,' I snapped at my brain with a frown. It was right, but I didn't have to be happy about it.

"Huh... if she's as smart as Twilight, why isn't she doing anything?" Meghan questioned and I placed my hoof to my face with a groan.

She's probably just as lazy as you, or just has no ambitions like you.

'I told you to shut up brain, you're not helping!' I grumbled internally. A frown crossed my lips as I admitted that it was kind of true. I never worked to do much, I worked for the sake of money for living, not to really achieve much of anything. In a weird way, FIM Moon Dancer's personality was almost too close to home for my comfort.

"Oh well, at least she and her friends made up," Meghan stated cheerfully while I frowned.

Well there is that, which really is a pretty big difference between you two.

'Again, shut up!' I snapped at my brain for a third time. Unlike my counterpart I had never been interested in friends. I more closely resembled Twilight prior to the Summer Sun Celebration in that way, friends had always seemed like a pointless bother.

"I hope they show more of you," Meghan noted and I rolled my eyes.

'Unlikely, I'll probably end up as a one off with a few cameos here and there,' I thought to myself.

Jeez you're being especially grouchy today.

'I'm just in no mood to deal with you or the overly cheerful child today,' I responded bluntly. My headache was back and that episode really hadn't helped things at all. Hasbro was going to pay for making me a glorified recolor, this I solemnly swear!

Yet, they still somehow got your personality to a T.

'Shut up!' I internally snarled with narrowed eyes.

Dude seriously, you're being way too dramatic about this. I mean Hasbro has changed a lot of their pony designs over the years, not to mention their Transformers and especially the Joes. I mean, look at Snake Eyes, he's had like a dozen different looks over the years, and more than half of them are from the G1 version!

Academically, I know that my brain is correct, Hasbro have changed a lot of their designs over the years. Mostly it was to modernize them for new audiences. That said, I want to be unreasonable because I am sick and tired of the BS the world has thrown at me of late. Between turning into a pony, being attacked by a bear, and everything else I've gone through the passed week, I just want a moment to be unnecessarily angry about something small and pointless!

'Shut up brain, I'm not listening to you!' I grumble with a glare at nothing. I then paused as a weird image came to mind of Twilight from G1 in an 'I dream of Jeannie' style outfit. 'What in Tartarus are you doing?' I demanded with a scowl.

Ha! I bet that got your attention!

I ignored the laughing voice of my brain and instead focused on banishing the strange image from my mind. I'm sure it expected a more pronounced reaction, but thankfully despite having been a pony for a week, I didn't feel any real attraction to ponies.

You do realize that denial isn't just a river in Egypt... right?

'Of course I do, and no, I do not feel an attraction to ponies,' I growled at my brain. I then let out a tired sigh and frown darkly, 'Yet, anyways, I'm sure that'll happen if I'm in this form long enough. At the moment however, I feel very little attraction to what are basically little horses...' I admit, more to myself than anyone else.

Alright fine, jeez, chill out, I was just teasing.

'Your idea of teasing leaves much to be desired,' I replied bluntly. With that minor incident dealt with I returned my attention to the TV. Meghan had seemingly changed the channel while I was busy dealing with my brain. Now she was watching some random kids show with a guy in a white pegasus costume...

'Is this new? I feel like this is new... what in tartarus happened to TV?' I briefly wondered to myself. I hadn't watched TV in quite a while after all, having more or less sworn off it and instead using the INTERNET more than a year ago. Meanwhile my brain did the mental equivalent of a shrug.

Beats me, but this kind of makes me think of a Barney knockoff though.

'Do not speak that most hated name!' I snapped at my brain and it snickered in response.

Okay, not like I liked that particular show anymore than you... its kind of sad when both Sesame Street or even the Muppet's were better than this trash. And that makes me really miss Gargoyles though. Oh, and all the good Anime Toonami used to have!

'We all do, the nineties were kind of great,' I responded.

What about Cow and Chicken, or The Adventures of Sonic, or...

'Don't,' I warned with narrowed eyes and then let out a grunt, 'Look, I know that not everything from the nineties was a gem, I'm just saying that there was a lot of great shows on back then,' I responded with a flick of my ear. 'Also, I'd say Adventures of was okay, but only because SatAM was also around,' I remarked and my brain gave a hum of acceptance.

Yeah I'll give you that, but you know what, that guy in the pegasus costume suddenly has me wondering if Surprise is alright.

'She... should be,' I responded slowly and frowned. I hadn't seen the mare since she'd brought me to Meghan's, as far as I knew she could be alright or... 'Crab apples, now I'm worried,' I thought as I rose a hoof to rub at one of my temples with a grimace. I am, unfortunately, a bit of a worry wort and it was starting to show pretty clearly.

You're also using pony swears again.

'So? I'm next to a little girl, why wouldn't I use fake swears?' I retorted.

In your head?

'Shut up!'

Author's Note:

Story by Pinklestia with the collaboration of BreakDown

NOTICE: Yes, we are still looking for an Editor and or Beta Readers for this story. Any help will be apreciated!