• Published 14th Jul 2014
  • 4,741 Views, 96 Comments

Unlucky seven - Pinklestia



Waking up as a pony is not as fun as you might think.

  • ...
10
 96
 4,741

014 Those Unlucky Seven Ponies Part II

~~*Twilight The Wish Granter*~~

I think that a sentiment that everyone can agree on is, well, sometimes life can be pretty strange.

Of course it's stranger for some more so than for others. Looking at myself for instance, I'm fairly sure that the number of people who've been changed into a magical wish-granting talking pony are few and far between. Getting a nickname is of course more mundane, as it rightly should be, and insulting myself in song... huh... is that normal? I'll think about that later, for now I have more pressing concerns.

Maybe it's because I've been cooped up for so long, but my mind has been wandering to strange places lately. I mean I haven't had any form of social interaction for days, aside from that crazy dream-walking pony. I haven't even been able to enjoy walking around outdoors given everything that's happened.

I've only been able to do two things since my change. Canter around the house, which is an admittedly nice bit of movement compared to when I was stuck my wheelchair. When I'm not up and about however, I've been more or less confined to the internet, which isn't all that different from my life before. Searching the information super-highway for entertainment hasn't changed in the slightest, despite my physical changes.

However, today is different as I actually have someone to talk too!

Well, I say 'someone' but what I really mean is of course 'some-pony'!

I'm seated at a desk in a side room of the beach-house. The computer screen before me is on one of it's many loading screens. I frown at it, ears folded back and eye twitching as I impatiently await for it to finish. I bounce one of my hind-hoofs on the chair as I wait, idly counting each bounce as I wait for the computer to finish.

I manage to reach around thirty or so before the screen shifts and the desktop come up. 'Finally,' I think to myself as I quickly shift the mouse over and click on an internet icon. Once the page came up I hopped onto Facebook, admittedly a bit slowly given I was using an old pen in my mouth, but what can you do.

Once I had finally managed to send a message to Firefly, a short one but at least it didn't take too long to type. So hey, progress! With that done I sat back and prepared to wait for her reply...

I exhale a sigh and idly reach a hoof to scratch at my left ear. It twitched to one side and I started to bounce my hind-hoof impatiently once more. 'I need something to distract me,' I decided as I glanced around the room. I spied a few bits of stationary to the side of the desk and maneuver my chair over to it with a few bounces. I'm just glad the chair has wheels to move. I let out a grunt as I use a bit too much force, causing the chair to slam my torso into the edge of the desk.

The force of the impact also caused me to drop my pen... which I really didn't appreciate...

"Oh pony-feathers!" I snap and then blink. 'Huh... that's kind of new,' I noted to myself then shook my head. 'Not important,' I decided as I pushed myself back from the desk, and found a more comfortable position in front of it. With that done I glanced around for my pen. I found it bellow the chair and grunted as I managed to slide down and grab it, then climbed back up onto the chair. Once seated in my chair once more, I glared down at the pen that had inconvenienced me.

'I'm going to have to clean this thing,' I note to myself then grimace, 'somehow,' I admit to myself given I literally don't have hands or fingers. It's interesting how such simple things seem so much more convenient now. With a shake of my head I sit back and idly crack my neck, I then focus on the pieces of stationary, eyes narrowed.

"Okay, lets just take this nice and slow," I murmur softly. I slide a piece of paper with one hoof, which is somewhat difficult, but still doable. With that done I lean forward and make a first draft, only to toss it to the side with a frown. It was basically like looking at chicken scratches. I glared down at the pen in my mouth as I started on the second draft...

It wasn't much better, nor was the third or even fourth...

Plainly put, trying to write with my mouth sucks...

Eventually, finally, I managed to get something that seems at least semi-legible. 'It's not pretty, but it'll have to do,' I decided with a nod. With that done, and no desire to try and move the paper, I simply leave the note where it lay. Given what I'd seen of Surprise thus far, I'm certain the strange mare will find it. Somehow.

It's probably best I don't question it, I don't want to end up like Twilight Sparkle that one time...

With that done I bounce myself back to the computer, overshoot it a few times, and then frown when I spot something on my feed. It's that one weird show with the white pegasus puppet. 'Weird,' I think to myself as I idly look the show up. What I find isn't too terribly surprising if I'm being honest with myself.

The show is new, low-budget, hardly surprising given the premise, and available on public access. All these facts were easy enough to find, but the rest was different. It's producer, cast and crew, and any and all other information was unavailable. Weirder still was the fact that no one knew where the show was being filmed from.

'That's... kind of creepy,' I note to myself with my ears folded back. I also made a note to dig a little deeper later. For now I have enough to worry about without thinking of strange ghost-shows popping up on public access. Or the potential mysterious forces at work behind it... or how Surprise got a message to them... 'Stop,' I told myself firmly as I clicked away from the show and searched for something less creepy.

As I did, my mind wandered to Surprise and I wondered if the strange mare was okay. I mean I'd hope she was, and hadn't been captured or hurt or anything. I hadn't seen her in a few days... but to be honest she seemed like she was able to come and go as she pleased. It'd be nice to know how, but I'm fairly certain that if I asked the answer would hurt my brain...

Speaking of hurting my brain... my mind drifted to yet another 'acquaintance' I'd met recently.

The dream pony, who seemed to think terrifying me was funny. I'm not sure if she told me her name, but I also can't help but think she looked familiar. 'White coat, red-mane with a purple streak,' I noted to myself and frowned. That particular combination wasn't common in MLP, I knew that much for a fact. 'Also her ability with dreams,' I added with a hum. As far as magical powers went, that one seemed incredibly useful.

Especially if it didn't have a 'range' as it were and we could use it for communication.

'But that'd mean working with her,' I noted with a frown. The mare had left me with a poor first impression of her to say the very least. Terrorizing me in my dreams on a whim was bad enough, but she had seemed entirely unapologetic over it! Granted she had seemingly unlimited power over dreams, making her a 'mini-Luna' in scope, but unlike the princess she had absolutely no restraint or sense of responsibility for how she used that power.

'I also have to wonder if she believed that since it was all a dream, it didn't matter what she did to me,' I add with a scowl. That kind of thinking was both dangerous and disgusting! While sure, no one would be hurt 'physically', the emotional damage she could do was drastic! Certainly she was no 'villain', with a wanton disregard for others, but who knew how many people she might've traumatized with her antics!

'When I meet her in person she's going to have a lot to answer for,' I decided with a resolute nod. The mare had the ability to ward dreams, she was a mini-Luna in all but name! With that kind of power you should know better than to go around terrorizing others in their dreams!

With all that said, we'd likely still have to work together to some capacity. Even if her sole function was as a messenger I'd still have to interact with her. So while I'll definitely give her a piece of my mind over what she did to me, I'll still cooperate with her as needed. That said she clearly has a looser set of morals than I or Luna, which sounds dangerous... No. We need her, and we also can't just ignore her. I and the others will just have to keep a close eye on her...

And reign her in if she decides to start terrorizing dreams again.

With that decision made I look back to my computer and sigh. Now all I have to do is wait for Firefly to reply... given how long it's been already, I have a feeling I'll be waiting for a while. 'What to do while I wait?' I wonder to myself before a thought occurs to me and I frown. 'If Poison Joke showed up, what else could?' I wondered to myself. I then sat up and started to look up the different kinds of magical plants that'd shown up in My Little Pony over the years.

After a cursory search, and more than a little worry over the 'Floom' showing up, I glanced at my facebook tab and noticed a new message.

Firefly: So, how do I know that you're a real pony?

The message was simple, and it was fair. Unlike Firefly I hadn't put my picture up for all the internet to see. 'Probably not a good idea on her part,' I couldn't help but think to myself. There was no telling who might've seen her, and who were looking for her, as a result. I shook such thoughts off as I instead looked back to the computer and frowned. There was a simple camera attached to the computer... well, that'd have to work.

With that decision made I replied...


Twinkle Star: Here, hopefully this video feed works well enough as proof.

Twinkle Star: [link]

Firefly: ...

Firefly: Okay, I guess that works, I mean I did pretty much the same thing after all.

Firefly: But with that out of the way, I have to ask, now what?

Twinkle Star: First of all, I think we should get everyone together.

Firefly: Everyone?

Firefly: Isn't there like... four of us tops?

Twinkle Star: Surprise kind of implied more.

Firefly: Oh okay.

Firefly: That makes sense.

Firefly: But how?

Firefly: I mean, I don't even know where anyone else is...

Twinkle Star: True... but we do know where a few of us are at least.

Twinkle Star: Actually... just out of curiosity, how far are you from the beach?

Firefly: Ehhh...

Firefly: Quite a ways actually.

Twinkle Star: Then getting together will be troublesome.

Twinkle Star: Ugh... okay think, there has to be a way to do this.

Firefly: Like what?

Twinkle Star: I... I don't know.

Twinkle Star: I mean between the Poison Joke and... wait...

Firefly: What? Something wrong.

Twinkle Star: Uhhh... I think I just saw a spider with a star on its back.

Firefly: Okay... but what does that...

Twinkle Star: It also looks like it's made of blue crystals.

Firefly: ...

Firefly: Maybe you just imagined it?

Firefly: Please?

Twinkle Star: Unfortunately I'm not going to lie just to suit you.

Firefly: Ugghhh...

Firefly: So it wasn't bad enough plants were going nutty...

Firefly: Now bugs are changing too!?

Twinkle Star: Could be, anyway, do you have a way to contact the others?

Firefly: Aside from Posey... not really, and even then I can only get in contact with Posey cause she and her sister are here with me.

Firefly: We actually watched a couple of MLP episodes the other night.

Firefly: Dunno about the others...

Twinkle Star: Okay, let me think...

Twinkle Star: Ummm...

Twinkle Star: Have you at least seen Surprise?

Firefly: No, why?

Twinkle Star: I haven't seen her for a few days and I'm getting worried.

Twinkle Star: I think she might've gone out to see one of the others or something.

Firefly: Really? in the G1 cartoon she was just a prankster or something.

Firefly: Did she like inherit some traits from Pinkie or something?

Twinkle Star:..

Twinkle Star: That would actually explain a lot.

Twinkle Star: ...

Twinkle Star: But hopefully not.

Twinkle Star: I think maybe it's just how things work.

Twinkle Star: I mean look at me!

Twinkle Star: In G1 Twilight mostly just read fantasy books.

Twinkle Star: Meanwhile here I am trying to figure out how magic works.

Twinkle Star: Actually, could you grab Posey for a second.

Twinkle Star: We should probably try to keep her in the loop since she's with you.

Firefly: Yeah sure, hang on a sec while I go get her.

[Firefly has left the chat]


"Okay contact has been made," I murmured and yawned. I smacked my lips and raised a hoof to rub at one of my eyelids. With Firefly getting Posey, I idly started to lift and lower the pen between my lips impatiently. My hind-hoof also started to bounce, yet as I stared at the screen I could feel my eyelids growing more and more heavy. 'When was the last time I slept?' I wondered to myself, even as I let out another yawn.

'It's been a while,' I admitted to myself, then frowned, 'I definitely got less sleep after that dream-pony showed up,' I admitted to myself with a frown. Her antics had definitely caused me to lose at least one night of sleep. Actually more, I'd been dreading a repeat performance and hadn't had more than a few naps since then. It was really no wonder I was tired with that in mind.

Still, that didn't make waiting for the other ponies to return any less boring. My eyes drooped as I stared at the screen silently. However I quickly blinked my eyes and refocused despite my sleep addled mind. 'Focus Twilight, you'll have plenty of time to sleep later,' I told myself. However as I did my vision started to go fuzzy and I let out yet another yawn. 'Great,' I thought sarcastically as I stared at the screen blearily.

'Maybe... maybe just a short nap,' I considered as I stared at the screen, only for my vision to darken, a yawn to pass my lips, and the world to fade as I leaned back in my seat and slipped into blissful unconsciousness...

I felt... something, a strangely cool sensation against my fur. My ears flicked to one side as they picked up what sounded like running water. Slowly I opened my eyes to a dark place, and saw strange golden motes of light hovering all around me. I blinked and followed them, before something else caught my attention.

"Voices," I whispered to myself. Voices did whisper in the dark, speaking an alien language I couldn't make heads or tails of. I frowned and closed my eyes, trying desperately to pick out any kind of familiar sounds from the voices. Yet instead, they seemed to twist and mix into one another, becoming more and more unrecognizable.

I felt a shifting sensation as my eyes opened and I saw a grand valley surrounded by towering mountain peaks, familiar, welcoming, friendly... yet somehow I don't recall ever seeing it before. My mind briefly stilled as I looked all around for a familiar landmark, only to pause and focus on an out of place color in the distance...

I awoke gasping for breath and then looked to either side before letting out a sigh.

"Okay... I seriously need to get some sleep after this," I decide with a hoof to my head. I then glance at my computer screen with a sigh. Fortunately it seemed that Firefly had replied at some point during my little 'nap'.

Firefly: Okay I found her!

CrazyCat89: Not like I was hiding...

Firefly: Well yeah but...

Firefly: Errr, never mind.

Firefly: Anyways, Twilight, what else did you want to talk about?

Firefly: uhhh... Hello?

Firefly: You still there?

CrazyCat89: You sure she's still on?

Firefly: I... think so?

CrazyCat89: Is that a question or a statement?

Firefly: ...

I grimaced when I saw the number of replies, and given how slow our typing is, they've probably been waiting on me to reply for a while now. 'Here's hoping they're both still on...' I thought as I made a quick reply...


Twinkle Star: I'm so sorry about that!

Twinkle Star: I literally fell asleep for a bit.

Twinkle Star: I haven't been getting enough sleep recently after an encounter with a dream pony.

Firefly: Nah it's cool, I grabbed Posey for you.

CrazyCat89: Dream Pony?

Firefly: Wait... dream pony...

Firefly: Are you saying...

Firefly: Wait, is Luna here!?

Firefly: Cause if she is, then that's awesome!

Twinkle Star: No... some OTHER dream pony...

Twinkle Star: One who likes to pull pranks on ponies in their dreams.

Firefly: Oh... that's slightly less awesome.

Firefly: Wait, pranks?

Firefly: How?

Twinkle Star: By scaring me half to death that's how!

CrazyCat89: (Snort) Honestly, that sounds awesome!

Firefly: Did you seriously type 'snort'...

CrazyCat89: Shut up!

Twinkle Star: First of all, she did.

CrazeCat89: (UGHH)

Twinkle Star: Second of all, no!

Twinkle Star: It most certainly is not cool!

Firefly: Hehehe...

Firefly: It sounds kind of cool.

Twinkle Star: ...

Twinkle Star: You can't tell... but I'm glaring really hard right now!

Firefly: Heh... So... this is Posey!

CrazyCat89: Sup.

Twinkle Star: Hello, Firefly has mentioned you a time or two.

CrazyCat89: Kay

Twinkle Star: ...

Firefly: ...

CrazyCat89: ...

CrazyCat89: So... what did you want?

Twinkle Star: Right.

Twinkle Star: Well, how are you adjusting?

CrazyCat89: Poorly...

Firefly: She kind of hates this.

Twinkle Star: Oh... I'm sorry.

CrazyCat89: The worst part is I'm kind of a boring mess.

CrazyCat89: I mean you get magic, Lightning-Butt gets wings.

Firefly: Hey!

Firefly: What'd you call me!?

CrazyCat89: And what do I get?

CrazyCat89: Maybe more strength and endurance, but nothing to use 'em on!

Twinkle Star: Well...

Twinkle Star: I mean it's not like I can actually use my magic.

Twinkle Star: It takes actual study to use after all.

Twinkle Star: Plus you get to be good with plants and nature.

CrazyCat89: I hate gardening...

Twinkle Star: Oh...

Twinkle Star: ...

CrazyCat89: ...

Firefly: Awkward...

Twinkle Star: Yes, yes it is.

Twinkle Star: Regardless, we have more important things to discuss aside from our abilities.

Firefly: Or lack thereof.

Twinkle Star: Not helping!

Firefly: Sorry.

CrazyCat89: Yeah, like can we go back to that dream pony bit.

CrazyCat89: Sounds like she has a better grasp on her abilities than any of us.

CrazyCat89: Could be super useful.

Twinkle Star: Unfortunately I don't know where she is, who she is, or what she's capable of.

Twinkle Star: For all I know, it was a total fluke her powers even work.

CrazyCat89: Someone sounds jealous.

Twinkle Star: I am not jealous!

Twinkle Star: Besides I can't 'sound' like anything in a chat room!

Firefly: I mean Posey's not wrong.

Twinkle Star: UGH!

Twinkle Star: I literally don't have a voice, I don't sound like anything!

Firefly: What... no!

Firefly: I meant that the dream pony could be helpful.

Firefly: The ability to travel into other's dreams could be good for like messages or something.

Twinkle Star: Oh...

Twinkle Star: Right, yes that is true.

Firefly: That said, your reactions seem pretty jealous.

Twinkle Star: STOP IT!

CrazyCat89: Also, you keep trying to avoid talking about her.

CrazyCat89: Seems kind of suspicious.

Twinkle Star: Because my first interaction with her was her invading my dreams for a prank!

CrazyCat89: I know, you told us that already.

CrazyCat89: Sounds pretty cool to me.

CrazyCat89: I'd love to be able to do something like that!

Firefly: Well... I mean dream powers do seem kind of awesome.

Twinkle Star: Who's side are you on!?

Firefly: No ones!

Firefly: But Luna is awesome in case you've forgotten.

Twinkle Star: I... guess she is, but she doesn't go around scaring ponies for the fun of it.

CrazyCat89: Boring!

Twinkle Star: ugghh...

Firefly: Wait... did you at least get a good look at the dream pony?

Twinkle Star: Why?

CrazyCat89: Cause ponies are super identifiable.

CrazyCat89: Almost like they were made for little girls or something.

Twinkle Star: ...

Twinkle Star: She was white with a red mane with a purple stripe.

Firefly: White?

Firefly: Like pure white?

Twinkle Star: Yes.

CrazyCat89: Got something?

Firefly: Sort of...

Firefly: Almost like something out of a dream...

Twinkle Star: With her, that's a distinct possibility.

Firefly: Yeah...

Firefly: But before we get anymore off track.

Firefly: Twi, you wanted to talk to us both remember.

Twinkle Star: Yes... right, back on track.

Twinkle Star: okay, first of all have either of you seen Surprise recently?

CrazyCat89: Who?

Firefly: No, or at least not for a few days.

Twinkle Star: Well that's a disappointment.

CrazyCat89: Wait, is this someone we know?

Twinkle Star: I hoped she could maybe figure out a way for us all to get together.

Firefly: Is that really a good idea?

CrazyCat89: Okay, it feels like I'm being ignored now.

Twinkle Star: Oh, sorry Posey, what'd you want to say?

CrazyCat89: Err... right... who is Surprise?

Firefly: Grey Pegasus with blond hair, kind of like Pinkie Pie.

CrazyCat89: ...

CrazyCat89: That sounds terrifying.

Twinkle Star: It's not that bad.

CrazyCat89: She's like the pink one, it's worse...

Firefly: Oh chill out, she's perfectly... something...

Twinkle Star: Yes, she's... certainly some way...

Firefly: Kind of weird...

Twinkle Star: And hyper...

Firefly: ...

Twinkle Star: Yeah, she's as bad as Pinkie isn't she.

Firefly: Definitely.

CrazyCat89: Well that just fills me with so much enthusiasm.

CrazyCat89: That said... and I really really hate to say this, but there is strength in numbers.

Twinkle Star: Exactly.

Twinkle Star: While we're separated like this we're also at risk.

Firefly: At risk of what?

Twinkle Star: Exposure.

Twinkle Star: Someone will eventually spot one of us.

Twinkle Star: Hopefully only a curious child, but if the media ever got wind of us...

Firefly: Yeah that'd be bad.

CrazyCat89: Definitely, especially given how my sister reacted when she first found me.

Twinkle Star: Yes, so we need to meet up.

Firefly: How?

CrazyCat89: It was hard enough for my sister to sneak me out of our place to Firefly's.

CrazyCat89: And she was close by at the time!

Twinkle Star: I have a few ideas actually.

Twinkle Star: The first involved finding Surprise and hoping she could somehow get us together.

Firefly: She does seem to run off a lot...

Firefly: Wait, does she know where we all are?

Firefly: Does that mean she has a Pinkie sense for ponies or something?

CrazyCat89: I hate knowing what that means...

CrazyCat89: I curse you and the twerp...

Firefly: No one made you watch with us.

CrazyCat89: Really?

Firefly: ...

Firefly: Okay so maybe we kind of coerced you a little...

Twinkle Star: Regardless, we still don't know where Surprise is so that isn't an option.

Twinkle Star: As such we'll probably have to resort to a more drastic measure.

Firefly: Surprise wasn't the drastic measure.

CrazyCat89: If she's anything like the pink pony that seems unlikely.

Twinkle Star: No. She was not.

Twinkle Star: I had hoped we could meet up without having to involve any outside forces.

Firefly: Way to make us seem crazy... or like terrorists or something.

CrazyCat89: So what is this other idea?

Twinkle Star: Find someone to drive me to your place, then hope we can figure out a way to find the others.

Firefly: ...

CrazyCat89: ...

Firefly: Wait, that's it?

CrazyCat89: Seriously, I thought you'd have something better.

Twinkle Star: it's not like I can teleport or anything!

Twinkle Star: ...

Twinkle Star: Yet.

Firefly: Still, probably not the safest option.

Firefly: I mean the lady I'm staying with is nice, so I kind of don't want to impose anymore than I already am.

Twinkle Star: Understandable.

CrazyCat89: Yeah well I don't have anyone either.

CrazyCat89: My sister managed to convince mom to drop her off at a nearby friend's place and we walked here.

CrazyCat89: I also had to pretend to be a big plushie... which almost didn't work seeing as my mom kept thinking I was too big for one.

Firefly: Really?

Firefly: I've seen plushies our size before.

CrazyCat89: Yeah sure, but mom didn't recognize buying one my size.

CrazyCat89: My sis ended up saying she borrowed me from the friend she was 'visiting'.

Firefly: Huh... makes sense.

CrazyCat89: Actually, why don't you just mail yourself here.

Twinkle Star: You really think I'm going to try and ship myself to you...

CrazyCat89: Well... actually no, that's a stupid idea.

Firefly: Really dumb.

Twinkle Star: Either way we still need some way to get together.

Firefly: Why don't we try a taxi?

CrazyCat89: I thought we didn't want anyone to see us.

CrazyCat89: Also, does anyone have the money for cab fare?

Twinkle Star: Maybe I do? I'd have to look around if I have enough cash on me since well... using a credit or debit card would be complicated.

CrazyCat89: You do know we're in the next state over...

CrazyCat89: Right?

Twinkle Star: Oh...

Twinkle Star: That could prove to be a more difficult challenge.

Firefly: Yeah...

Firefly: Well, I'm tired, why don't we sleep on it or something.

Twinkle Star: Probably for the best.

CrazyCat89: Totally.

Twinkle Star: Right, good night girls.

[Twinkle Star has left the chat]

[Firefly has left the chat]

[CrazyCat89 has left the chat]


~~*Firefly the Dancing Daredevil*~~

Hello my wonderful and beautiful fans! I just adore you just the way you are! Oh, and hi to those who dislike me, how are you, had a nice day? Just kidding, I don't care!" Little Eris, the young female and cute draconequus and alternative version of Discord said. She then waved her lion cub paw in front of the camera. She was floating over a big snowy mountain. Then she looked around and noticed that she was alone.

"Uh... how weird, were is Firefly? This is her dream after all." The young girl said, heard a screaming and had to catch a falling magenta pegasus.

"What? Again?" Little Eris complained sounding disappointed.

"Hi Little Eris... I guess this is a dream then?" Firefly said and scratched the back of her head with her right hoof.

"Yes. By the way how come you created me if you don't even watch Friendship is magic regularly?"

"I saw the two Discord episodes of season two. Why are you even asking, shouldn't you know, being a figment of my imagination and all?"

"Eh, it would be boring if I knew everything." Little Eris then snapped her right claw and Firefly and herself found themselves in in colorful and twisted patchwork house... that was floating in the air over snowy mountain. Firefly sat in a couch that looked like Boo from a Super Mario Bros game and Little Eris sat in one that looked like a cartoon like blue cloud with eyes and mouth.

"I am angry they keep calling you an idiot, since that makes me the creation of an idiot, so let's solve your problem."

"Are you gonna help me lose my fear of heights?" Firefly asked, wondering how an imaginary friend could even do that.

"No you doffus, the whole get all the little ponies together problem!"

"How? You don't have real magic, you can't just snap your claw and get all of us together."

"True, but Twinkle could just mail herself to Anna's house, she just need some help to do that."

"But wouldn't people notice that's she is a unicorn?"

"It takes a day by bus to get to the beach, express mail actually gets from there to here faster since they don't do as many stops and for so long. So she would get here in twelve hours... oh wait... it would be like sending a pet by mail, there would be a medical check up. So... nope it wouldn't work."

Firefly groaned "I already knew that!"

"Hey, don't get angry, I am your best friend ever! Besides, I got another idea... we just need her to come here by bus!"

"But she can't take a bus as a little pony!"

"But she can as a plushie."

"There is no way they will let Posey's sister travel alone by bus, plus it would take more than two days of travel!"

"True... then how does Surprise do it?" Little Eris questioned.

"Well... she might be able to glide and maybe she does ride at the top of trucks or something like that."

"Mm, so that's it! We have to find Surprise!"

"And how are we going to do that?"

"That TV program."

"I checked, is very low budget and public access, yet doesn't even have a phone number."

"Then we just go to this city TV station, is local so they most likely film it there." Little Eris retorted.

"Are you crazy?"

Yes! But if you saw two talking ponies asking about a kids show what would you think? Real ponies or small people in costumes?"

"Ugh... there is no way that would work."

"Why not? They evidently talked to Surprise to get their information about Poison Joke. So they must known something."

"No, just no, forget it."


~~*Posey the Gentle Gardener*~~

"This... this is so freaking stupid." Posey said as her little sister was riding on her back while Firefly walked next to her, as they headed to the local TV station. Anyone who looked their way saw Posey's sister holding a sign that advertised the "White Pegasus Show" written in crayon. With those exact words even, which was kind of lazy. The most incredible part was that despite the odds it was somehow working.

"It still works." Firefly whisper shouted. Posey snorted in response while her eye twitched madly.

"I know! And I hate that it does!" she snapped harshly.

"Well maybe its that spell thing you talked about last night?" Posey's sister suggested softly.

"Oh sure, magic is making it to where normal humans don't notice the three foot tall talking pony walking down the street with a little girl on her back," Posey snarked and growled, "A pony mind you, who is bright yellow with a pink mane! How does that seem even remotely reasonable to either of you?" she demanded harshly.

"Err... you kind of have a point," Firefly admitted with a frown.

"Maybe, but I still feel ridiculous. Why can't you ride Firefly like this?"

"The wings get in the way and she's weaker than you."

"Well, at least I do have one advantage over the flying pony." Posey grumbled. "Couldn't we have you know, tried to sneak in instead?"

"This was also a test to see how far the effect of that spell or whatever is making people ignore magic goes. It seems that as long as people think that there is a rational explanation for something weird, then they just think that's what's going on." Firefly replied. She then glanced around at the people, or lack thereof. "Though granted there aren't that many people out with the poison joke spreading out like it is," she admitted and Posey rolled her eyes.

"Which makes me wonder why we bothered pretending," Posey noted and Firefly frowned.

"Mostly to see if it'd work," she replied and Posey exhaled a breath through her nose then glared back at her sister.

"If that's the case then I can say this without any fear," she noted with narrowed eyes, "Get off my back squirt!" she snapped while Firefly frowned.

"Calm down!" she hissed with a glance around. A few people were glancing there way, though only one or two seemed to focus on them.

"Shh, stay quiet, people are looking at us too much!" Posey's sister whispered making both mares whisper a 'Sorry' at the same time.

After that they headed to the TV station a bit faster, the people going back to ignoring them as soon as the fight stopped.

Posey, Firefly and her brat of a sister entered the TV station, there was barely any people on it, probably due to the whole "Polka dots disease" thing.

The middle aged man at the reception desk took one look at them and then went back to wasting time on the computer.

"Excuse me, are they filming the White Pegasus show today?" Her sister asked. Now the man would probably suspect something, there was no way Firefly's stupid plan was-

"Yeah, second floor, third door on the left of the stairs." The man said then went back to watching cat videos... or something like that.

Firefly have her a smug look and Posey had to resist the urge to kick her since fighting or arguing seemed to break whatever "This is normal" magical effect was going on.

"Okay, get off, I don't want to climb stairs with someone in my back." Posey said making a grumpy face that most likely made her look adorable.

"Fine." Her sister said and finally left her back.

They climbed the stairs with no problems and headed to the third door to the left, the light thing outside was in green, did that meant they were filming or not? Or that was when the light turned red?

"Now what? Do we knock or something?"

"I... I don't know, does the green light meant they are filming?" Firefly asked.

Author's Note:

Story by Pinklestia with the collaboration of BreakDown

NOTICE: Yes, we are still looking for an Editor and or Beta Readers for this story. Any help will be appreciated!

Comments ( 1 )

I think you got being displaced mixed up with The Displaced.

Login or register to comment