• Published 4th Jul 2014
  • 4,461 Views, 228 Comments

Epic human child in Equestria crossover to end all human child in Equestria crossovers of epic crossover-ness - darkmage1997



All the favorite children in Equestria are all brought into one dimension. Nuff said.

  • ...
29
 228
 4,461

Chapter 2: Nyx's Story (Read Past Sins for more details)

Author's Note:

Please note that I may or may not have put all information of the story in the chapter, or put the parts in chronological order. Despite this, I plead that you don't dislike the chapter. And just so all of you know, I did read Past Sins.

"It all started back before the Crystal Empire returned to Equestria, a dark magic cult dedicated to reviving the villain Nightmare Moon kidnapped Twilight to use her blood to help with the revival. The spell was about to be completed but before it could, some Pegasus guards interrupted the spell and most of the cult members were arrested, while others, including the leader, Spell Nexus escaped. The next day, Twilight returned to retrieve her book bag and also find out what the spell was meant to do. When she got to where her kidnappers took her, she found me, scared, lost, and alone. She then took me back to the library where she lived before becoming a princess, and gave me the name Nyx, after a storybook pony from her childhood. She knew who and what I was, so she turned to Rarity for a favor, to make me a disguise to hide the fact that I was an alicorn, and also to cloak my eyes." Nyx explained part of her story and stopped when Vibrant raised a hoof.

"Yeah, that's all fine and dandy, but what does the cult have to do with you?" she asked wanting a further explanation.

"That will come up later, anyhow, after I met all of Twilight's friends, I then began my lessons at school, despite the fact I wanted for Twilight to teach me herself, and on the first day of school, I met the school bullies, who are no longer bullies thanks to my little brother, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. They teased me for wanting to learn more about Equestria's history, and started teasing me with other hurtful things, that's when Applebloom came and told the two to stop or else. Then, Applebloom invited me to come and meet her friends, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. After awhile, they invited me to come and join the Cutie Mark Crusaders, an organization dedicated to helping ponies who haven't earned their cutie marks yet. Later that night, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon lied to me when they told me they want to make up, and they told me that there was a treasure in the Everfree Forest. When I believed them, I came across the ruins of the old castle where the two royal sisters once lived, but as I got closer and more curious, visions of what appeared to be memories started to flood in my head, one of these images made me cry. I saw that I was a lot taller than Twilight, and I was about to hurt her, then it donned on me, on who I really was. I was Nightmare Moon," Nyx continued and this time it was Cory that raised his hand.

"But how can you be a villain? You seem to sweet," he asked with a quirked brow. The others who were not familiar with Nyx nodded in agreement.

"That will come a little later. Anyhow, Twilight found me in the castle where the last stand off between the Elements of Harmony and Nightmare Moon took place, and she saw that my mane was just like Nightmares, all starry and smoky. I then told her about the images I saw, and she comforted me and told me that even though I was created to be Nightmare Moon, I wasn't Nightmare Moon. Later on, Diamond Tiara's father, Filthy Rich came and visited us to apologize for Diamond's actions, but Twilight chewed him and his wife out for not raising her to be a nice filly, and for the danger she put me through. Later on, there was a play to reenact the defeat of Nightmare Moon that the princesses would be watching, and I was chosen to be Nightmare Moon. I told Twilight about my roll, but at the last second, she said I wasn't allowed to partake in the play. I begged her to let me, but she said no, and wouldn't give me a good reason. And just to make sure I wouldn't leave the library, she gave Owlicious the keys to leave. I tried everything to get the key from him, but nothing worked. Then I tried to use sad eyes to get the key, but as I left, I tripped and broke the wings on the costume, then I really felt like crying, but then I had an idea, being an alicorn, I could just made sure my wings stayed up during the whole play. I was able to get to the play in time for my turn in the spotlight. I was able to do my parts flawlessly, including the evil laugh that Nightmare Moon was able to do. We were all able to finish the play without any problems, except for when Diamond forgot her lines at the beginning." Nyx continued, then noticing Trinity's hoof go up.

"So, even though you were created to be Nightmare Moon, you really aren't?" she asked with intrigued.

"Talk about incredible," Conner commented. It was this one comment that made Nyx's face go up in an atomic explosion type blush and pass out with a lovesick smile on her face. This made Conner worried, "Did I do something wrong?" he asked worriedly.

"Don't worry about it, I'm sure she's fine," Joshua replied. "Maybe I should continue her story?" he asked looking around, and seeing no one making an objection, he took over, "So after the play, there was a BBQ/science fair where all fillies and colts were allowed to present what ever research project they want, and Nyx's was about shape shifting other objects, including ponies, into other objects. She was able to turn Fluttershy into a tree, but then turned her back when she noticed she was drawing a lot of attention. Later, there was a tug-o-war where Nyx competed on the Cutie Mark Crusaders team. There was a lot of stiff competition, but she and the other crusaders were able to win. When they all got to choose their prizes, Nyx chose a kazoo. Meanwhile, Pinkie got the feeling there was a spy, and went to investigate, but everypony thought she was just being Pinkie Pie." Josh explained, but then Bolt raised his hoof.

"Were you there when this was happening?" he asked politely.

"No, I'll tell my story after Nyx's" Josh replied, to which Bolt nodded. "Now then, after awhile Princess Celestia got a hold of what happened at the school house, and became suspicious of Nyx, and looked at Mommy's family records, and found nopony by the name of Nyx. Later, she came to visit, but after a discussion, Mommy reluctantly agreed to let Princess Celestia take Nyx to see if she really was the evil that the cult was trying to revive. But the guilt quickly got to Mommy, and soon chased after to try and get Nyx back, but she was too late, by the time she got outside, the royal carriage was already to far away to reach. But little did Princess Celestia know that she was going to help with the revival of the evil that Nyx was created to be, because Spell Nexus, who was also a professor at Mommy's old school or unicorns in charge of overly complicated spells, had tricked her into giving the final burst of magic needed to make Nyx the evil she never should be ever again." Josh continued before Kelly raised her hand.

"If this Spell Nexus was a friend of Princess Celestia, then how and why did he trick her?" she asked puzzled.

"He was infected with the dark magic of Nightmare Moon, and from what Nyx told me, it was like a cancer that was infecting the brain. Anyhow, after giving the final burst of magic Nyx was required to take, she and the cult members were all teleported back to Ponyville, where she took on the form from which she should never be, Nightmare Moon. After the final revival, the castle that the cult built for her came up from the ground, but before she took her place as the new ruler of Equestria, she went to go and fight Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, and after she defeated them, she banished them to their own respective celestial body." Joshua continued, but then it was Chris that raised his hand.

"How did Nyx banish mom and Aunt Luna to the moon? To that matter, how did she get past the security?" he asked with shock.

"She was more powerful than the two of them at the time, and she was able to put the guards to sleep, even putting Uncle Shining Armor under her influence. Anyhow, after she banished the princesses, she returned to Ponyville to take her place as queen of the night, but while the construction of the castle was still underway, Mommy was able to infiltrate the castle, and try to find and talk Nyx back to being the filly she was supposed to be, she also found Spell Nexus and tried to help him out of the castle, but she wasn't aware that Nexus was behind the construction the whole time, and had Mommy arrested for trespassing. Mommy was later brought before Nyx and they talked about how Mommy just let Princess Celestia just take her away, and after some discussion, Nyx had mommy thrown in the dungeon. Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and the other elements tried to stand up to Nyx, using a travelling magician named Trixie. The Elements did look like they were working, but it did nothing to stop Nyx, and after the elements failed to stop Nyx, she then took the elements away, and also took Trixie's cape and hat away, and then ran Trixie out of town while impersonating her. After the mayor delivered the address to the town that the night would last forever, the Crusaders hatched a plan to try and remind Nyx just who she is. They were able to sneak into the castle walls, and went to find Nyx's bedroom. Then they had an idea to ride a dessert cart carrying Nyx's dinner and dessert, to her bedroom. Once there, they helped remind Nyx of all the good times they had together, and Nyx was heartbroken when she realized what she had done to everypony. But then, Spell Nexus came in and had the Crusaders arrested for trespassing. Nyx had ordered their release, but Nexus told her that it was a law, and Nyx reluctantly agreed and went back to ruling. After seeing how miserable some of the crops that the townsfolk had tried to grow, she decided to abandon her decree, and raised the sun. Everypony in the town assumed that Celestia and Luna had returned, and defeated her, and celebrated. Nyx couldn't face them and tell them that she was the one who raised the sun. Nexus was in panic mode when he saw the sun, and tried to alert Nyx of Celestia and Luna's return, but she reassured him and told him that she was the one that raised the sun. After awhile, she grew tired of being the ruler, and left to go and try to think about how to make things right." Joshua continued. Just then, Melody raised her hand.

"Nyx shouldn't be ashamed of what she did, it wasn't her that did all those terrible things." she said looking at the still unconscious filly.

"Yeah, and while she was thinking, another filly named Twist came up and tried to comfort her, saying that she should do what she think is right. Before she left, she invited Nyx to her birthday party, and gave Nyx a peppermint stick. Nyx was shocked at how kind Twist was to her, but then she remembered that she was the princess, and had no time for parties. But remembering the days when she was a filly, she remembered what she and the other Crusaders were trying to do, find their cutie marks. She then, after returning to her castle, she asked Nexus for advice on how she can earn her cutie mark, and he suggested holding court. After court, she learned her talent wasn't in court, so they tried many different things. After a few days of trial and error, Pinkie came to remind Nyx about Twists birthday. Nyx couldn't go out of shame, so she requested that the Crusaders be released, and also sent some fudge to Twists party. Later on, Nexus was unhappy with how Nyx was acting, and then hatched a plan to use Mommy against Nyx, and get her mind back to evil, he used some sort of a 'blessing' of Nightmare Moon, and used a mind control spell. When Nyx went to visit Mommy in the dungeons, Nyx was heartbroken to hear mommy calling her monster, and hitting Nyx across her face. Nexus was feigning surprise when he saw mommy hitting Nyx, and ordered mommy to be executed first thing in the morning. Nyx was too shocked to do anything, but as she saw mommy being taken away, she saw that mommy had turquoise eyes instead of her normal purple eyes. Then Nyx realized that her followers weren't following her because they respected her, they were brainwashed by the same dark magic that Nexus was infected with. She then knew she had to save mommy and the cult and destroy the evil magic forever. When she saw that mommy was going to be hanged, Nyx saved her, and teleported away to the castle of the two sisters. There, Nyx began to search mommy's mind for the blessing. When she found it, she was able to remove the magic from mommy's brain and destroy it. After the destruction of the blessing, Mommy returned to her old self and the two of them were happy to be together again. After the reunion, Nyx told Mommy about her plan to free the cult. After teleporting away again, Nyx found Nexus and did the same with him. After destroying the cancer like blessing in his brain, Nyx then called all of the other cult members to have the magic removed." Joshua continued before Trinity raised her hoof.

"So, she was able to free the cult members completely of this blessing?" she asked looking very intrigued.

"Yep, and not long after freeing the cult, Mommy came to Nyx and asked her to return Celestia and Luna to Equestria. But Nyx was scared of what might happen and asked mommy to leave her alone. After spending a few days alone, Nyx noticed that creatures from the Everfree Forest, including Timberwolves, Ursa Major and Minor, Lupus Major and minors, and manticores were attacking Ponyville. Nyx ten decided to forget her fears and split into six different copies, and they all went to help anyway they could. The copies were able to fend off the creatures and evacuate the townsfolk to the castle. After everypony was safe in the castle walls, Nyx then rejoined with her copies, but because of the damage that each of the copies took, the complete Nyx took the most damage. Mommy begged everypony to help Nyx, but they wouldn't because they saw Nyx as Nightmare Moon, and not the filly that Mommy loved with all her heart. Then, Nurse Redheart asked Mommy to take Nyx somewhere inside the castle where she can treat her better. After awhile, Nurse Redheart came back out and told mommy that Nyx would be just fine. Mommy then came outside and told everypony whose houses were destroyed were welcome to stay at the castle while they were being rebuilt. After a few days of caring for Nyx, Celestia and Luna returned and they were discussing with Mommy the fate of Nyx, who was also trying to prove herself innocent. After telling what she did to help Ponyville, Celestia and Luna thought of a good punishment for Nyx, and asked Mommy to stand out in the hall. Mommy was stressing out, and when she saw a light coming from the room, mommy barged in and saw Nyx was back in her filly body, and Luna was a full grown mare. Celestia explained that Nyx's punishment was to be stripped of all the magic and memories that were never hers to begin with, and was sentenced to live as Mommy's daughter. And some more stuff happened that I think Nyx could explain better than I could." Josh finished up looking at the new faces, which were all filled with shock.

"Wait, so Nyx was supposed to be Nightmare Moon, but she really isn't?" Conner asked curiously.

"That's right," Josh replied with a smile.

"Whoa, you'd think we were listening to a thriller story," Nathan commented.

"But that raises the question, how did you get to Equestria Josh?" Echo asked politely. Toby and all the adult ponies bit their lips, because they knew that Josh's story was really sad and depressing. Josh opened his mouth and began to explain.