• Published 8th Jul 2014
  • 1,463 Views, 44 Comments

Ghost vs. The Equestrian Educational System - Jman9877



When Ghost decides he actually wants to attend school with Applebloom, what new discoveries will he make about ponykind? What struggles will he face as a Changeling hidden among ponies?

  • ...
8
 44
 1,463

Chapter 23

Chapter 23

3rd Person POV



"Scootaloo stop!" Ghost yelled out, running down the stairs and throwing on his disguise. He got downstairs and saw the Apple family and Sweetie Belle staring at the now wide open front door, not bothering to answer whatever their question they might've had. He bolted out the door and saw that Scootaloo was shooting towards her scooter, which was laid against a wooden fence near the farmhouse. "Scootaloo!"



"Get away from me!" The pegasus filly yelled out, slapping a helmet onto her head and zooming off away from the farmhouse. Ghost swore and ran after her, knowing that he wouldn't be able to keep up with her. Quickly swapping his disguise to have wings instead of a horn, Ghost took flight after Scootaloo, knowing that he would have to stop her before she did anything rash.



Seeing that Scootaloo still had to go through the entire apple orchard, Ghost zoomed down to her right and stayed neck and neck with her, trying to catch her attention. "Scootaloo! I can explain, just slow down!" Ghost pleaded, but Scootaloo just turned her head and scowled at him.



"Leave me alone!" She screamed in retaliation, steering into a hard right and knocking herself into Ghost. The impact caused Ghost to lose his sense of direction in mid air, causing him to crash into the trunk of an apple on the side of the trail. Rubbing his head in pain, he stumbled back onto his hooves and began to fly once again, before becoming dizzy and landing back onto the ground with a bit of a wobble. He brought his hoof down from his head and saw green blood smeared on his hoof, before sending a bit of his love reserves into the wound.



Feeling his head clear once again, he shot off in the direction Scootaloo went, following her scooter tracks. She was getting closer to Ponyville, but still had a bit of the way to go. She was expertly bobbing and weaving through Apple trees now, leaving the main trail to try and lose Ghost in the orchard. Her head was a mess of thoughts, trying to put together what she just saw a few moments ago, both in the Farmhouse, and right there in the Orchard.



"He... he was flying... He... he was a unicorn not a pegasus..." Scootaloo said to herself frantically, still shocked that she had seen Ghost like that. She was confused, wondering why he was there. Why something like that was in town.



"Scootaloo please listen to me!" Ghost cried out, trying to catch the ears of the angered filly. "It's not what you think!"



Scootaloo looked up and saw that Ghost was soaring just above the treeline, before scowling and diverting her attention back towards zooming through the trees. Ghost grunted and looked ahead, seeing that in a few minutes they would reach Ponyville. She had to stop her somehow before they did, but he didn't want to hurt her. He zoomed ahead of Scootaloo's path and landed next to a tree, before planting himself next to it and steadying himself.



Charging as much love energy as he could into his hind legs, he bucked the tree he stood next to, and with a loud crash the entire tree was pulled up by the roots. It crashed onto its side just as Scootaloo was about to zoom past it, causing her eyes to widen as she hit the brakes. She was going much too fast to come to a complete stop, instead colliding into the tree and sending herself flying over it, leaving her scooter behind.



"Whoa!" She yelped as she was sent over the tree trunk, landing in the dirt in the other side of the obstacle. She wobbled back onto her hooves and looked over her shoulder, seeing Ghost simply standing there looking at her.



Instead of realizing that she was caught, she just grunted and began to run through the orchard, not realizing that when she was sent flying to the ground she was completely turned around, and was now going the wrong way.



"Scootaloo..." Ghost called, no longer yelling. He sighed and flew over the treeline again, landing in front of the fleeing Scootaloo. "Please just listen to me."



"And why should I listen to something like you?!" She yelled out, launching herself towards Ghost. He sidestepped and allowed Scootaloo to fall into the dirt, causing her to growl in anger. She got up and dusted herself off, before scowling at Ghost. "And what does something like you have to say?" She asked angrily, knowing that she was caught.



"Look, I get it. I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you sooner, but I didn't think you would react well." Ghost started, but was cut off by Scootaloo.



"And how did you think I was going to react!?" She yelled out, stamping her hoof and flaring her wings.



"Like you are right now..." Scootaloo saw her less than passive stance and eased up a bit, still wearing a scowl on her face. "I know this looks really bad... but it's not what you think. I'm not here to do anything bad."



"And how can I believe you when you've been lying to me all this time?!" Scootaloo yelled, the anger rising in her voice. "Did everypony but me know about this?!"



Ghost looked down and sighed, knowing that she wouldn't like the answer. "The Apple family knows, Rarity and Sweetie Belle knows, and Twilight Sparkle knows. And..." Ghost trailed off, receiving a grunt and shove from Scootaloo.



"Who?!"



"Well... Diamond Tiara found out... by accident."



Ghost looked up at Scootaloo, but instead of seeing a face of rage, he saw one of confusion. "How did she find out?" She asked, noticing that Diamond Tiara was acting strangely the day after Ghost went to her house.



"She had a... small incident... where she accidently hit me in the horn. If my magic gets disrupted in anyway, I can't cast spells correctly, including my disguise." Ghost explained, tapping his horn a few times.



"Is that why she acted all quiet when we went back to school? She knew what you were?"



"I... I guess."



There was another silence in the air, but there wasn't as much anger this time. Ghost gave another sigh and dropped his disguise once again, showing Scootaloo his real self. "I was born in the Badlands from Queen Clovercloud. I was the runt of the entire spawn, so I was left to die. 64 saved me when the hive was being destroyed, and taught me to suppress the natural urges that changelings have."



Ghost pointed towards Ponyville, and stepped aside. "Now I can't stop you, because I don't want to hurt you. But you can go into Ponyville and tell everyone what I just told you. It all depends on what you think is the right thing to do."



Scootaloo stared at Ghost before slowly walking towards her scooter keeping an eye on him the entire time to make sure he wouldn't do anything. She picked up her helmet off of the ground and put it on her head, before standing her scooter up and speeding off.



Ghost smiled as he saw she was headed in the opposite direction towards Sweet Apple Acres.