• Published 8th Jul 2014
  • 1,463 Views, 44 Comments

Ghost vs. The Equestrian Educational System - Jman9877



When Ghost decides he actually wants to attend school with Applebloom, what new discoveries will he make about ponykind? What struggles will he face as a Changeling hidden among ponies?

  • ...
8
 44
 1,463

Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Ghost POV




"Ghost, I know that you've only been here for 3 days, but that does not give you an excuse to go and pick fights!" Cheerilee scolded, as I sat at my desk and sighed. Apparently, after what had happened with Rumble 2 days ago, he went and blabbed to Ms. Cheerilee that I had attacked him. "You didn't have any right to go and try and do that to Rumble, especially when he simply couldn't help you find Applebloom!"



I sighed again and looked back up at Cheerilee. "He was the one who threw the first punch. All I did was try stop him before he could hurt himself. And he it wasn't that he didn't know how to find her, he just flat out refused to tell me!" I defended myself, not really liking being talked down to like this. I mean, I know in Canterlot I'm Agent 65 of the Equestrian Knights, but I'm not in Canterlot. Here in Ponyville, I'm Ghost, just a colt going to school with his friends.



"He has eyewitnesses saying that you were the one who instigated the fight. Do you have any proof saying otherwise?"



"I... hm... no I don't." I admitted. "But all of his witnesses are all of his friends! Of course they're going to side with him!"



"I have proof for Ghost!" Another voice chimed in, causing me to turn towards the door. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon stood there with smiles on their face, but like always, it looked as if she was hiding something behind those eyes. "Me and Sil' saw what happened!"



Cheerilee's face morphed into one of surprise. My guess was that she was shocked to see those two fillies actually eager to help somepony else. "Oh, then would you like to tell me what you saw happened that day?" Cheerilee asked, curious to see what they had to say. I actually wanted to hear this too, because I didn't see them anywhere when Rumble swung at me.



"Well, Ghost went up to Rumble's little group of friends, and all he did was ask if they knew where Applebloom went." She explained. "Rumble was being a big butt and wouldn't tell him, so he tried to punch Ghost in the face. Ghost just tossed him to the floor and walked away, and then Rumble threw a rock at him!"



I was surprised that she of all ponies was actually telling the truth, and it looked as if Cheerilee was actually buying the story. "Is that what happened Silver Spoon?" Cheerilee questioned, the grey filly nodding in response.



"Yup! I saw it with my own eyes!" Silver responded, adjusting her glasses a bit.



"Thats... exactly how it happened." I muttered, my head tilting a bit in confusion.



Cheerilee looked a bit conflicted, now having two sides of the story. She had more 'eyewitnesses' on Rumble's side, but some sources like Snips and Snails were probably not the most reputable. Diamond Tiara on the other hoof... From what I had heard from the CMC, they were jerks. But, they were trying to help me for some reason... I didn't know what to think, so I just watched Ms. Cheerilee deliberate in her head.



"Well, even if those colts were bothering you Ghost, you shouldn't have responded with violence. Instead just come and find me and I'll handle it." Cheerilee instructed, before looking towards the door. "You may leave now Ghost."



I got up and made for the door, tired of just sitting there. I saw Applebloom and her friends standing just outside, all ready with bowling bags to go and try to get their cutie marks in Bowling. Applebloom and I made eye contact, before a voice called to me.



"Oh Ghost! Can we talk for a sec?" Diamond Tiara called, a look in her eyes screaming 'You owe me'. I looked back towards Applebloom with a 'wait a moment' gesture, before begrudgingly walking back towards the two fillies.



"Yes Diamond Tiara?" I sighed, not wanting to deal with these two at the moment.



"Well, I thought since I just saved you from a load of trouble from Cheerilee, you'd might want to tag along with Sil and I back to my house."



I questioned just how much trouble Cheerilee could put me into, because it didn't sound like a lot. And when she said 'you'd might want' to me, I knew that she meant 'you have no choice'. There was literally no reason besides Diamond Tiara saving me from whatever miniscule trouble I could have gotten into to go with these two. But, the damn moral changeling in my head was telling me that since she did me a favor, I should just do this.



I groaned, "Just give me a second to explain things to the Cutie Mark Crusaders. I can't just leave."



"Fine, just make it quick." She huffed before turning tail and walking away. I made my way over to Applebloom with a nervous smile, unsure of what she'd think of all this.



"Um... Applebloom? I... can't go with you girls to the bowling alley..." I admitted, making Applebloom's eyes widen. She practically tackled me to the ground and onto my back, standing over me with wide eyes.



"Why not!? Yer gonna miss us gettin' our cutie marks in bowlin'!" She cried.



"For some reason, Diamond Tiara vouched for me when Ms. Cheerilee thought I started a fight with Rumble." I began to explain, before being cut off by Scootaloo.



"You got into a fight with Rumble?" She asked, stars in her eyes.



"Yes, but I'm not the one who started it. Anyways Diamond Tiara convinced Cheerilee that I didn't start it, and now she wants me to go back to her house to hang out."



"Ms. Cheerilee wants you to go back to her house to hang out?" Sweetie Belle questioned.



"No! Diamond Tiara does."



"Diamond Tiara wants you to go to Ms Cheerilee's house?"



"No, Diamond Tiara wants me to go to her house!" I shouted, trying to get rid of the confusion.



I could see that Applebloom was disappointed, but knew where I was coming from. "Well... alright then Ghost, we'll be a the Bowlin' Alley if ya decided to bail! C'mon girls!" The CMC followed Applebloom as she began to run towards town.



I sighed and turned back towards Diamond Tiara. I mean what's the worst that could happen?

Author's Note:

In regards to the extreme tardiness of this post, I have but one excuse. It was my birthday on August 15th. Yeah... doesn't really make up for much does it?