• Published 1st May 2015
  • 1,405 Views, 18 Comments

Doctor Whooves: The Temporal Schism - Draconaquest



Upon returning to Canterlot High after a trip to New York, the TARDIS gets trapped in a temporal schism, causing it to bounce between multiple time periods. With The Doctor trapped in 1991, he must communicate with Twilight over the years.

  • ...
7
 18
 1,405

The Escape

"Trans-fibulator?" Twilight asked.

"Check." Sunset replied.

"Plasma converter?"

"Check."

"Particle Emitter?"

"Check."

"Croniton battery?"

"Check."

"Quantum release?"

"Check."

"Bazoolium gage?"

"Check."

"Brilliant, you have all the things I'll need to fix the TARDIS." The Doctor said, appearing on the console screen.

"All the things you'll need?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah. the next place the TARDIS'll be landing is 1991, so I'll be able to fix the TARDIS." The Doctor said.

"Oh, right."

The TARDIS sound resumed, as the cylinder in the middle of the console began to move up and down. "The TARDIS is taking off. I'll see you in 1991, or rather, you'll see me." The Doctor disappeared from the monitor, and the regular blue screen reappeared.

"Let's just hope it works." Twilight mumbled under her breath.


The Doctor finished putting the date on the envelope, and pulled out his sonic screwdriver. He set it to setting 17, and permanently disabled the heavily modified computer. The Doctor ran out the door, and pushed the letter in Celestia's hands. "I need you to give this letter to Twilight and Sunset on this exact date." The Doctor explained, pointing to the date of the back of the letter.

"Why?" Celestia asked.

"I was told to." The Doctor said. "Don't question it, just do as I say." He faintly heard the TARDIS sound in the distance. "Got to go!" The Doctor ran a few meters, stopped and flipped around. "And, thank you. Thank you so much." The Doctor grinned, and ran away.

The Doctor entered the TARDIS as quickly as he could, closing the door behind him. "Twilight? Sunset?"

"Doctor!" Twilight and Sunset each shouted at the sight of The Doctor, and skipped toward him. They each hugged him, as tight as they could, and The Doctor returned the hug.

"It's good to see you." Sunset said.

"It's brilliant to so you too. Both of you." The Doctor grinned. "But, we have a TARDIS to repair." The Doctor tossed his brown coat over one of the coral pillars, and sprinted over to the materials lying on the floor. "Are these what you got?"

"Yep. "

"They should work, but," The Doctor held up the particle emitter, and the quantum release, "what are these for?"

"I don't know, you told us to get them." Twilight said.

"But, why would I need these?" The Doctor asked himself. "Oh, what does it matter? These other things will do." The Doctor knelt down on his knees, and removed one of the metal panels on the floor, and climbed down into the TARDIS's inter workings. He grabbed the plasma converter, and began to fuse it to the TARDIS mainframe, using his sonic screwdriver.

He did the same with the croniton battery, but, while he was attaching the trans-fibulator, he got frustrated with his sonic. "Oh, if only I had another one!"

Sunset reached into her jacket pocket and pulled out the sonic screwdriver The Doctor had instructed her to get earlier. "Will this work?" She asked, handing the screwdriver to The Doctor.

The Doctor grabbed the screwdriver and said, "I didn't know I still had this." The Doctor quickly shrugged off the feeling and attached the trans fibulator to the TARDIS mainframe. He jumped out of the TARDIS's inner workings, and placed the panel back in place. He handed the earlier model of the sonic back to Sunset, and wielded the bazoolium gage to the TARDIS console.

"All right!" The Doctor shouted. "Let's see! Time to get out of the temporal schism! Ready?" He turned to Twilight and Sunset. "You may want to grab something to hold on to."

The girls walked up to the console, and grabbed on to it. "Ready." Twilight said.

"Right then." The Doctor said. "Allons-y!" He pulled on the main lever, and the TARDIS was engulfed by the time vortex, as it began to rattle back and firth in the interior.

"So, how exactly do we escape the temporal schism?" Twilight shouted, over the TARDIS sound.

"I don't know!" The Doctor shouted back. "I've never done it before!" The Doctor pressed more buttons on the console, as the TARDIS proceeded through the time vortex. Suddenly, there was a massive jolt in the TARDIS, causing the three occupant's to almost loose their foothold.

"What was that?!" Sunset shouted.

The Doctor maneuvered over to the display monitor. "Oh no."

"What is it?!" Twilight yelled.

"It's a time fissure!" The Doctor shouted. "A tear in the fabric of reality! It's trying to pull us into the void! This is just a guess, but, I think that in order to escape the temporal schism, we need to escape from the time fissure!"

"Are you sure!?" Twilight yelled.

"No!" The Doctor admitted. "But, it's the best chance we've got!"

"Okay then!" Twilight yelled. "Let's do it!"

A large bell began to ring inside the TARDIS. "The cloister bell!" The Doctor shouted. "This isn't good!" The side lights began to pop and crackle, as the glass shattered away from them, losing all the light inside the TARDIS, the only light now coming from the console. "We're falling in!" The Doctor shouted.

"But, you survived!" Sunset shouted back. "You were able to send us a message from the future!"

"Time can change!" The Doctor shouted. "This isn't a fixed point in time! It can change, and it might!"

"But, what about the extra parts you told us to get?!" Twilight shouted.

The Doctor turned his gaze to the particle emitter and quantum release that were lying on the floor. The Doctor smacked his forehead. "Oh, that's it! That's it! Ha! Oh, I am so clever!" The Doctor shouted.

"What's it!?" Sunset yelled.

"The spare parts!" The Doctor shouted. "I can use them to escape from the time fissure, but, I'm going to need you help! Twilight come here!" The Doctor brought her over to where he was standing at set her hands on a lever. "Hold this down, do not let go! Sunset!" He brought her over to the bicycle pump. "Keep moving this up and down at a steady pace, do not stop! You both know what you need to do?!" The girls both nodded. "Good!" The Doctor ran over to the other pieces of machinery, and set to work, fusing them to the TARDIS's inner workings.

About five minutes later, as the TARDIS was in almost to close of proximity to the time fissure, The Doctor stood up, and rushed over to the front of the console. "All right! I'm ready! The quantum release will ignite the plasma from the plasma converter, and the particle emitter will send a massive jet of energy that should send us flying out of the gravitational pull of the time fissure!"

"I have no idea what you just said, but, let's do it!" Sunset yelled.

"Okay!" The Doctor said, and then shouted as loud a he could, "ALLONS-Y!!!" And he pulled several levers on the console. There was another massive jolt in the TARDIS, as the quantum released plasma into the particle emitter, and the TARDIS was sent soaring away from the time fissure.

The cloister bell ceased, and the TARDIS sound got quieter. The Doctor sighed and then began to laugh, as the TARDIS landed in 2015. The three TARDIS occupants laughed, as it seemed that their ordeal was over.