• Published 1st May 2015
  • 1,402 Views, 18 Comments

Doctor Whooves: The Temporal Schism - Draconaquest



Upon returning to Canterlot High after a trip to New York, the TARDIS gets trapped in a temporal schism, causing it to bounce between multiple time periods. With The Doctor trapped in 1991, he must communicate with Twilight over the years.

  • ...
7
 18
 1,402

Time Crash

The TARDIS sound always sounded weird to Sunset. It sounded like keys played on piano strings, then played backwards. Weird, yes, but to Sunset, it was just what she thought.

Sunset, Twilight and, The Doctor all were standing around the control console, deciding where, and when, to go. "How about New New York?" The Doctor asked, as he messed with some of the controls.

"No, I was thinking of somewhere familiar." Twilight said.

"Really?" The Doctor asked looking up. "Like what?"

"We could head back to Canterlot High, until we can think of somewhere new to go." Sunset suggested.

"I like that idea." Twilight said. She turned back to The Doctor. "So, what do you think?"

The Doctor sighed. "All right then, if that's what you want." He pulled a few switches, and levers, as the TARDIS began to groan through the time vortex.

When the sound stopped The Doctor scratched the back of his head. "You might want to come back tomorrow." He said.

"Why?" Twilight asked.

"There's a thunderstorm going on at the moment." The Doctor said. "Tomorrow is supposed to have good..." Suddenly, the TARDIS sound started again, and it began to sputter, like it was croaking. It began to shake and rattle, as the three clung to the console.

"What's going on?!" Sunset shouted, over the TARDIS sound.

"Something's interfering with it, we're going back in time!" The Doctor shouted, looking at the screen on the console.

The TARDIS crashed, as if it was a toy being dropped on a hard wood floor. "Where, and when, are we?" Sunset asked, rubbing her head.

"I don't know." The Doctor admitted. He ran to the console, and typed a few things into the keyboard. He groaned, and hit the screen.

"What's wrong?" Twilight asked.

"The controls aren't working, and neither is the scanner." The Doctor responded. He ran to the door, put on his coat, and peeked outside. "Well, it looks like Canterlot High, but..." The Doctor's voice trailed off. The school looked newer, only recently completed. The sky was overcast, and the ground was soggy from rain.

He stepped out of the TARDIS and picked some of the grass, and licked it. "I'd say about nineteen ninety-one. It's July, I think. Good, I like July."

Sunset and Twilight were peeking out the TARDIS door. "I assume this is Canterlot High?" Sunset guessed.

"Probably." The Doctor replied. "It just opened, judging by the look of the building. We've moved in time, but not in space, we are at the exact location we landed at before, we were just sent back twenty years. The question is: why? Why were we sent back here? The TARDIS has gone off course before, but it hasn't just landed and took off again for no reason."

The Doctor walked into the TARDIS, to the console. "We still don't have scanners, but I think I can create a scanner using some of the technology from this era." The Doctor ran outside the TARDIS and looked behind him. He cocked his head the side, in a 'follow me' gesture. "Well, come on." Twilight looked at Sunset, shrugged, and walked to the entrance.

Then the doors shut, and the TARDIS was sent flying into the Time Vortex.