• Published 1st May 2015
  • 1,394 Views, 18 Comments

Doctor Whooves: The Temporal Schism - Draconaquest



Upon returning to Canterlot High after a trip to New York, the TARDIS gets trapped in a temporal schism, causing it to bounce between multiple time periods. With The Doctor trapped in 1991, he must communicate with Twilight over the years.

  • ...
7
 18
 1,394

Making Communications

"That's quite a story." Celestia said.

"I told you." The Doctor said.

"Yes, you did, but, why should we believe you?" Luna asked.

"Do I look like I'm lying?" The Doctor said, tilting his head.

Luna stared at him for a minute, clearly trying to decide if The Doctor was telling the truth. "No." She said, finally conceding.

"Good!" The Doctor shouted, jumping back to the computer, hacking into it.

"What are you doing?" Celestia asked.

"I'm creating a communication channel to the TARDIS." The Doctor explained. "I have the TARDIS key, so I can pinpoint the temporal signature of the TARDIS, so I can send a communication link to the TARDIS. But, with no webcam..." The Doctor turned to Celestia and Luna. "Do either of you have a camera?"

"Yes, I do." Celestia said. "Do you need it?"

"That was the general point of the question." The Doctor said, and Celestia ran off.

As the Doctor turned back to the computer, Luna walked toward him. "You really care about them, don't you?"

"Yes." The Doctor finished the sentence for her.

"Why" Luna asked, "You've barely met them, and yet, you care so much for them."

The Doctor sighed. "I've had many a companion. They're all special to me. Sarah-Jane Smith, Peri Brown, Rose Tyler... but, I've lost them all. Some left me, some got left behind, and some, not many, but some... died. My granddaughter, Susan, she was very special to me... and I had to say good-bye to her... I...I promised I would go to see her..." Tears began to develop in The Doctor's eyes. "And I never did. These two I travel with now... I can't let anything happen to them. I just can't. And once this whole ordeal is over, I'm going to say good-bye. I put too many people in danger. I should travel alone. It's better that way." The Doctor wiped his eyes, and resumed his work.

"I'm sorry." Luna said, placing a hand on The Doctor's back. "I had no idea."

"No one does."

"I have the camera!" Celestia shouted entering the room.

The Doctor looked up. "Good!" He sprung up and grabbed the camera, carefully examining it. "Perfect!" He shouted. "This'll do brilliantly!" He grabbed the camera and began to connect computer cables to the camera using his screwdriver. He looked up and saw Celestia and Luna standing there. "Um... I don't mean to be blunt, but could you two step out of the room for a bit, this could take a while."

"Okay." Luna said, and pulled her older sister out of the room, as The Doctor continued to work on the computer.


"2100!" Sunset gasped. "Are you sure?"

"Completely." The Doctor confirmed. "This has already happened to me, remember?"

"Oh, right." Twilight said. "So, what do we need?"

"Okay." The Doctor. "Let's see... you'll need..."

"Hello? Hello, can you hear me?!" The Doctor voice was cut off, by The Doctor's voice. The Picture began to go fuzzy, and was replaced with another image of The Doctor."Twilight? Sunset? Are you there?"

"Doctor?" Twilight asked. "You couldn't have waited two minutes?"

The Doctor raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"You were about to tell us what we needed to get in 2100." Twilight said.

"How?" The Doctor asked.

Sunset intervened. "You sent a message to us from the future?"

“I did?"

"Yes." Twilight and Sunset both said at the same time.

"Oh, well, um, I'll cut the link then.” The Doctor said.

"No, don't!"

"Why?"

"Because, you can still tell us what we need."

“No I can't."

"Why not?"

"I don't know what damage has been done to the TARDIS. Therefore, I don't know what needs to be done to it, and frankly, you don't know enough about the TARDIS to tell me what's wrong."

"Oh."

"Like I said, I'm going to switch off now."

"Wait!"

The Doctor rolled his eyes. "What is it now?"

"You need to give Celestia and Luna a letter." Twilight explained. "You give it to them, and then they'll give it to us on November 23rd 2015, 1:42 p.m. It'll take too long to explain what the letter contains, so, do you think we could send you a document of it?"

"I think so, hold on." The Doctor began to type vigorously on the keyboard, checking the communication signature. "Yes! If you send it on a band width of 27.49, on a frequency of 42, you should be able to send me a copy of the letter."

"All right, sending copy...now!"

"Okay, I've got it." The Doctor open the document containing the letter. "I wrote this?"

"Yes, you did."

"What's the grapefruit for?" The Doctor asked.

"You said you were going to eat it later." Sunset said.

"But, a grapefruit? They're a little difficult to eat, aren't they. Oh well, at least it's not a pear. Okay, one thing I thought of: The TARDIS first landed in 2015, and then it'll land in 2100, right?"

"Yes."

"The final destination of a temporal schism is the point of origin, which is right here, right now, well, sort of, well, if is for me, but not for you. Anyway, the final destination will be 1991, where I am, so I'll be able to see you again, and help repair the TARDIS to take it out of the temporal schism."

"So, we'll see you again?" Twilight asked.

"Oh, yes!" The Doctor shouted. "In the meantime, you get what you need in 2100, as the other Doctor will surely tell you, and I'll copy this letter and give it to Celestia and Luna. All right then, see you in a few minutes!" The Doctor switch off the webcam, and the other Doctor from the future reappeared on the screen.

"Let me guess, that was me from the future?" The Doctor asked.

"Yep." Sunset replied.

"Good, now I can tell you exactly what you'll need."