• Published 9th Jul 2014
  • 2,190 Views, 45 Comments

Advent of The CuddleBugs - ConnorTempest



Changelings-Strange creatures that feed on emotion...who knew that they lived so close...and were so cute....the more ya know.

  • ...
5
 45
 2,190

The Changeling Tribes Meeting (CONGA TIME~!)

"Everybuggy! May I have your attention!" Harmonize shouted from his balcony. Nearly a thousand sets of eyes turned to face him.

"*Ahem* I know for the past week or so you've all been busy preparing for the other tribes visit, and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart, and at dusk they shall have arrived. Be graceful hosts, they may not have had a lot to eat in recent times. Put some smiles on and enjoy the party! Again I thank you."

It had been several months since Tailor delivered his message, and two weeks ago they a response. The Hives which took the message seriously would be coming to their hive to discuss the on-goings, a rare event not recorded before. Ever since the response the entire Hive was busy preparing their home for their guests.

Walking back into his room Harmonize called out, "Tune! Alter! I'd like to see the two of you!"

After a moment the door burst open, revealing Tune, who was wearing a party hat, and Alter, who was wearing a sailor hat and uniform.

"...I don't want to know....do I?" Harmonize asked tentatively .

"Well that depends, do you like -ow!" Started Tune, who was then cut off by Alter, who was ferociously shaking her head, a blush forming on her face.

"I'm taking that as a no...Anyway! Either of you got the list?"

"I got it." Tune said, lifting his hat up and pulling a large scroll that shouldn't be able to fit inside said hat, out of it.

"Good, let's go over it one more time please." Harmonize instructed, taking a seat on the floor.

"Alright, let see...we have from the far north, The Second Hive, led by Kaiser Vigor; from the Sky-Haven, The Fifth Hive, commanded by Alacrity Khan; From the light, The Eighth Hive(of course), guided by Czar Nexus; From the Badlands,The Tenth Hive, ruled by Queen Chrysalis; From the Eastern Forests, The Sixteenth Hive, run by Overseer Serene; From the south, The Twentieth Hive, governed by Empress Acrimony; From the Hidden West, The Twenty-Fifth Hive, instructed by Lady Acuity; From the Draconian plateaus, The Thirty-First Hive, directed by Caesar Rex; And finally From the corners of the world the Thirty-Seventh Hive, shepherded by Chieftain Strygwyr...or Nomad." The two listed off, "And that's the guest list, the other Hives either died off, or don't care enough. Even so do we even have enough room for them all?"

"Of course, some of the areas we don't even have current use of, so we should be fine."

"Hey Harmonize, where is the meeting going to take place anyway?"

"The Sky Room, why?"

"I'm a bit...scared to tell you the truth, all of them...I hope nobuggy dies." Tune admitted.

"Don't worry, committing violence in the Hive you are invited into is an unspoken, sacred law, break it and you suffer the wrath of all the Hives." Harmonize told him, seemingly calming him down, as well as Alter. "Now, for this meeting you won't be required, go out and enjoy the festivities, I insist." Before either of them could refuse, he pushed them out of his room.

"...No choice? OK...Thanks!" Alter said aloud. Turning to her left she saw that somehow Tune had already gotten several bottles of cider and was drinking one down. Giving a slight sigh she grabbed a bottle from him, and took a swig. Throwing a forehoof over Tune she guided them toward the festival.


As promised, all the Hives had arrived before the night began, Each one bringing several hundred of their Hive. As the final Hive entered and settled Harmonize stood at his balcony and addressed them.

"Hello and welcome! Each Hive leader is to meet at the Sky Room of the Hive, while their caste head toward the festival grounds! Today you are our guest, and as such we will not allow you to go hungry, that is all....actually can somebuggy please shut the hive entrance behind the Second Hive...it's wide open." The entrance to the hive was closed, hiding it from the rest of the world. "Thank you!"

Harmonize saw the large groups of Changelings separate and head in the general direction of the festival grounds, while the Head of each Tribe began their ways toward the Sky Room...helpfully guided by painted arrows. He gave a soft smile as he made his way to the meeting.


The Hive leaders now sat at a large table, waiting for somebuggy to start the meeting. Well, that and some were just admiring the room, specifically the vastness of it, thanks to the exposed top, hidden from the world by foliage...and a large pack of domesticated hydra.

Clearing his throat Harmonize began.

"Now that you all are here, both physically and mentally, we can begin. First I'd like to address the reason behind this get to gather. As you know the Mistress of the Night has finally returned. Along with her six pony artifacts of immense power called the Elements of Harmony. Does anybuggy know what that means?"

A hoof shot up.

"Yes, Kaiser Vigor?"

"Vigor believes that means the ponies have summoned lazers!" Vigor shouted over-excitedly.

"...No...Anybuggy else?"

Another hoof was raised.

"Excellent, Lady Acuity, what say you?"

"By any chance are you referring to the pony conflicts and their 'ultimate' weapon?" Acuity said slowly, thinking over each word.

"Quite; anyway, to get you up to speed; around a thousand years ago the Equines faced some rather...serious foes. The Chaos Serpent, the Griffon Conflicts, The Monger of Shadows-" a few of the leaders gave hateful growls at the name, "-And lastly the fall of the Mistress of the Night into the Bane of Dreams. They had a set of artifacts know to them as 'The Elements of Harmony' which they used to banish and solve such troubles, and now they have returned to them. I sense the beginning of a dark time, of further famine and strife. I also feel that it won't last long and afterword that the famine will end...permanently."

A mix of gasps and mummers rang throughout the room.

"Make of this what you will, I only wish for you to be prepared. Now if you will, I'd like to speak to the Five Ancients alone for awhile." Harmonize said, leaving the table, beckoning to some of the others. Without looking back he opened a door to a pitch black room and entered, taking a seat on the ground.

A series of thuds marked the arrival of four others.

"Vigor wonders what is with the lack of light?" a voice rang out...belonging to Vigor.

"Oh, quit the act Vigor, the time has come." Nexuses voice came in response.

After a cough and clearing Vigor spoke again, his voice now more collected, "Is that so? After so long I was beginning to think it would never come...Alacrity, Acuity, my sisters, can you believe it?"

"We would not be here if we did not." they responded in turn.

Harmonizes voice rang out from the dark, lined with melancholy, "So it really is only just the five of us left, huh? Only a mere five of the original hive?"

"That is correct brother, and I have traveled far, wide, and long." Nexus told him.

Harmonize gave a sigh, "I have bad news, news that I don't want the others to know, you must swear yourselves to secrecy."

"Of course brother, on our blood." they all responded.

"A short while after the Mistress of the Night returned and was cleansed I took a trek into the forest where I stumbled upon a strange object. It looked like a tree but was crystal instead of wood...more importantly I could feed on it. And where is the only place that holds crystals that can absorb and store energy, hmm?" Only silence answered him. "Nobuggy? Really, I'm disappointed that none of you remember the First."

A few soft thuds on the ground signified somebuggy getting up to stand, "You can't possibly think that a tree from the First could have made it's way here! After the Monger was defeated the entire empire vanished, not a trace was left!" Alacrity argued. "We all know that, we all were there! YOU were there! And you knew the Monger better than any of us, he doesn't half-ass any spells."

"Of course, but no magic lasts forever, not curses nor godly incantations. By now it's been nearly a thousand years, without any renewal or refreshing spells. His curse is fading and it's only a matter of time before the First returns entirely."

"Entirely? You make it sound as though part of it is already back." Acuity said.

"I believe part is, the tree is all the proof I need to convince myself."

"Why didn't you contact us when you found the tree? Or is there something more?" Vigor asked.

"Correct, now while the First vanished with the majority of its inhabitants, I'm not sure if they were put into a stasis and survived or not so we may encounter....less than Hatchling-friendly conditions, and remember how badly the Sun Raiser and Night Mistress wanted the city? They nearly killed the Monger." Harmonize confirmed.

"Pfft, nearly...shouldn't have gave him a chance..." grumbled Alacrity.

Harmonize frowned, he remember that she had a....quite intimate relationship with the Monger before the shadows took him.

"Ahem, Harmonize, this is great and all, but what is this supposed to accomplish? You never were one to do anything without reason, not that I can recall."

"Quite, the reason I needed the Kin of the First is due to an old artifact that was gifted to the Equines long ago, the same artifact that was stolen by the Monger...I believe it too shall make a return, and when it does...I want to return home with my family, old and new."

"That's touching and all, but what makes you think that our treasure will be returned? When the Monger curse the city and caused it to vanish he bound himself to it...the coward." Vigor interjected.

"The artifacts of old are all returning, I have a source that says even the Deity's Amulet has been found, and far in Alchemist country the Nature's Armlet, and just recently now the Six Paragons of Parity, who knows what next? It's really anybuggys guess...But you raise a fair point, the Monger did bind himself, and thus we also must prepare for him...I want to ask you two things, One: to connect our minds, separate from our Hiveminds, and Two: should we warn the Equines of his return?" Harmonize asked.

He was responded in the form of the feel of a mental tether, to which he grasped.

"And as for the second?"

"...I believe it would not be wise to spread panic, for all we know something worse could arise before the Monger." Alacrity said.

"You still think the God Eater will escape don't you?" Nexus asked.

"Of course I do, he deserves much more than just imprisonment!" she hissed.

"He has been held there for nearly four generations of gods, I doubt he has the power now to make an escape." Vigor reassured her.

"AHEM, final verdict?" Harmonize asked.

"No, it would spread panic and may be taken as a threat, an act of war." Acuity said.

"That does make quite the point...Everybuggy in favor?" he asked.

A chorus of Ayes filled the dark room.

"Settled, now go have fun, not a single one goes hungry tonight!" Harmonize said, exiting the room.

As the Five re-entered the Sky room they found the remainder of the leaders playing a card game on the table. Chrysalis was standing up with one hoof in the air, cards in hoof, and one on the table.

"Royal Flush!" She shouted.

The rest at the table groaned and began pushing jars toward Chrysalis.

"Attention please?" Harmonize asked.

All eyes slowly shifted to him.

"Meeting adjourned, stay in contact, and have fun! Join your castes and stay the night, bring home as much food as you'd like, within reason of course." he said.

With that the leaders began to leave, Chrysalis staying behind to collect her winnings. Harmonize walked up to her.

"Queen Chrysalis?" he asked.

"Hm, yes?" she responded with a bit of surprise on her face.

"How has the Tenth been fairing?"

"...Well for the most part, I must thank you for a lot of that though." she said, dropping her head slightly.

"I take it the monthly packages are helping?"

Chrysalis merely nodded her head.

"I want to say I'm sorry, " Harmonize started, "But the Tenth was deteriorating, and being old as I am...I knew we couldn't support such a large hive without any outside help...I still love each and every Hive...but I care too much to do nothing."

He didn't get a response.

"Look, have a good night and in the morning I'll send a couple of workers to help you bring back surplus love, now put a damn smile on and enjoy!" Harmonize said, slapping Chrysalis on the back.

A small smile crept onto her face, "Okay, I guess."


"COME ON~ IT'S TIME TO CONGA~" a very drunk Tune yelled out, grabbing random members to join in his dance.

"Hey-What are you-aw, ta hell with it, CONGA~"

Meanwhile a now very large Tiny sat at the sides, Mantis next to him, both of them sipping at their drinks.

"Sooo...." Mantis began, "I'm set to be in Ponyville in just under a week, you?"

"I'm being assigned to the Canterlot gardens, Father is worried about something, I don't know what, but he wants me to keep an eye out for anything...dire." Tiny responded.

"Ah, WHELP!" Mantis said, standing up and draining his drink, "Come on, let's mingle; not often do separate hives get together."

"Just promise me you'll stop me from doing anything stupid, alright?" Tiny said with a smirk.

"I'll do what I can Brother." Mantis replied, taking Tiny by the hoof, dragging him toward the Conga line.


The following day the visiting hives left, all with large supplies of food, all happy...and a slight bit drunk.

Author's Note:

OK, Next time we go to the events of Chaos and Q Who will promptly face off with Mantis, OLAY~!
(Conga next chapter...PROMISE!)