• Published 9th Jul 2014
  • 2,190 Views, 45 Comments

Advent of The CuddleBugs - ConnorTempest



Changelings-Strange creatures that feed on emotion...who knew that they lived so close...and were so cute....the more ya know.

  • ...
5
 45
 2,190

A new home...to call ours (Hey, lets celebrate)

25 Days Later...

Finally, after almost a month the new Hive was founded, with everything it needed, a large water source, beautiful scenery, nice climate, and a food source...and they were happy, though the journey was long, they had not lost one member, Harmonize saw to that.

Now after settling in the Cuddlebugs decided to do the only natural thing...PARTY!

Meanwhile Harmonize was making a plan, writing it out...before Tune came in, shouting, "Come on mate! The time for work is over, now let's get shit-faced!" dragging him away.


12 beers, 8 hard ciders, 15 shots, and a sandwich later...

"We are family~
I got all my sisters with me
We are family~
Get up everybody and sing"

The now very drunk Tune was stuck somewhere between the world of the living and the dead, while the somewhat sober (yet somewhat tipsy) Harmonize was pouring his heart out. "Und youuuu guyss thin' aaaaahhhhmmmm ready ta lead tha Hive?! Ish so musssh to take in...I jussss' dunno what ta do!"


More drinks later...

A now completely wasted Harmonize was singing with all his heart, the drunken slur all but gone.

"Yeah, I like piƱa coladas and getting caught in the rain
I'm not much into health food, I am into champagne
I've got to meet you by tomorrow noon and cut through all this red tape
At a bar called O'Malley's where we'll plan our escape"

Several mares swooned, some even fainted, he knew how to sing alright.


The next morning...

Harmonize woke with a splitting headache, momentarily bumping his head on the bed he was sleeping...under?

"Gods and Goddesses, what happened last night?" he thought aloud to himself. Next to him was a desk with a notepad on it, he must have actually got some work done that night. Then he turned to his door...to find piles of flowers and notes for him. "Dang...must've been wild, wish I had one of those pony devices....a camera I think it was?" he said to no one in particular. His thoughts were soon interrupted by a knock at the door.

"No need to knock, we're all family here!" He called.

The door opened to reveal a white, red-eyed Cuddlebug, a scar going over his right eye.

"Ah, child Transmute, how are you?" Harmonize asked.

"Very well, Uncle, you were NUTS last night!" Transmute chuckled, "I never knew you could sing!"

Oh great bollocks...Harmonize thought before asking, "How badly did I embarrass myself?"

"Embarrass? You did wonderful, some fainted....even some guys....but we all had a great time!" The albino Cuddlebug said with a smile, before adopting a serious expression, "I talked to the Hive last night, it's a unanimous choice, we want you to lead."

"Oi, bit early to be making jokes now." was his only reply.

"First, it's one after noon, and two, this is no joke." Transmute deadpanned.

"Huh...really...." Harmonize said, before his brain caught up with him. "WAIT WHAT?!"

"Think about it, you promised to lead us out of the old hive, so we could live how we wanted to, without the fear of being monsters. You got us out, and we trust you with every heart in our bodies...we need you Uncle."

"...If that's what the hive wishes...when is the ceremony?"

"Today, when you are ready."

"Let's get this done...I wish address the Forty-Second as soon as possible."

"With me..." Transmute said as he left the room, Harmonize following.


The Ceremony was a sacred thing to the Changelings, it meant the creation of new Royalty within the hive. All in all it was a simple thing, the chosen one was submerged in royal jelly while said jelly was supercharged with magic of all kinds

As Harmonize absorbed the jelly and exited the chamber one question was asked and broadcast, "What shall be your title?"

He closed his eyes for a moment before opening them and returning, "Patriarch, as you are all now my children."

Author's Note:

Oi! next time we fast forward several years and they meet the town!
We are Family by Sister Sledge
Escape (the pina colada song) by Jack Johnson