• Published 3rd Jul 2014
  • 1,353 Views, 30 Comments

Lyra's Plush Adventure - Yoshi1990



Lyra is turned into a plushie and Bon Bon sets out to turn her back to normal

  • ...
7
 30
 1,353

chapter 2

Bon Bon packed the enchanted hoofheld mirror and a scroll into a saddlebag, followed by Lyra the plushie. “Sorry to pack you away like you're some item. You don’t mind holding some bits?” A bag of bits was placed in between Lyra’s forehooves. Bon Bon rolled her eyes. “Look at me... talking to a plushie.” Bon Bon strapped the saddlebag on and left her home.

Bon Bon took in a breath of morning air as she closed the door. She felt a light tap on her left forehoof. She turned to see a white filly next to her. “Hi, Sweetie Belle. Where are your friends?”

“Apple Bloom and Scootaloo are at the apple farm. Shouldn’t you be at work?”

Bon Bon shook her head. “Work’s closed today. The restaurant is not open on Thursdays. I have a question.” Bon Bon grabbed the scroll from her saddlebag. “Have you seen this pony?”

Sweetie Belle examined the picture of the dark green pony. “I like her mane. It’s got some nice curls in it, but I don’t know her. Why do you want to find her.”

“Last night, she stole something from me and Lyra. I must get going,” Bon Bon said as she trotted away.


For the next twenty minutes, Bon Bon trotted through the streets, showing the scroll to others. Nopony could give Bon Bon the answer she was looking for.


Bon Bon jumped as a hoof smacked her flank. Turning to see who the culprit was, she glared at the guilty mare. “Berry Punch... no surprise. Instead of hitting my flank, you could simply say hi.”

Berry made a pouting face. “That would be no fun.” Berry smiled as she sat on a bench. “Have a seat. I got your attention and that’s what I wanted. My sources tell me you are looking for somepony. I think I can help you.”

Bon Bon took a seat next to Berry. With skepticism, she asked, “What’s your price?”

“The usual,” Berry replied. “A night at the pub or day. Whatever time suits you best. The drinks are on the house, since I own the house.”

Bon Bon rolled her eyes. “Only if the info helps me.”

Berry gasped in shock. “Do you doubt my sources? Info flows through a pub like a river through a canyon. The pony you want, the one with an orange mane and dark green fur, she took the five-thirty train. That’s the first train to leave Ponyville in the morning.” Berry jumped up from the bench. “That’s all I know. I expect to see you at the pub some time next week.”

Bon Bon watched Berry Punch walk away. “I guess I should check this out.” Bon Bon leapt into action, trotting toward the train station and her house.


Seven minutes and thirty-six seconds later, she reached the train station.


Bon Bon made her way past random ponies of varying colors. Walking onto the loading platform Bon Bon stopped at the ticket stand, which strangely had no line in front of it.


The ticketmaster, a mare, casually said, “Welcome, where is your destination today?”

Waving a hoof dismissively, Bon Bon replied, “I just need to know who was here at five in the morning.”

The ticketmaster pointed a hoof at herself. “You’re looking at that pony. I start at five and end at noon.”

Bon Bon showed a scroll. “I was told this pony,” she pointed a hoof at the picture, “took the five-thirty train. Can you confirm that?”

“I can. She was one of two ponies, but was the only one who was sleeping on a bench. I assume you want a train ride to Buckley?”

Bon Bon nodded her head. “If that is where she went. I’ll go get Twilight.”


Bon Bon turned around to see a flash of purple light.


“Hi,” greeted Twilight. “I got the news from Berry.” Twilight opened her saddlebag and threw over some bits, enough for two tickets. “I convinced my guards to stay here.” Two tickets levitated next to Twilight as she turned away from the ticket stand.


The two mares boarded a purple car at the back of the train. Bon Bon slept on the soft plush purple bed for the trip. Twilight chose to sit at the table studying.

====================

The train heading for Las Pegasus made its scheduled stop at the town of Buckley, where Twilight, Bon Bon, and a few other ponies got off.


Twilight took in a breath of fresh air. “New town, new ponies, and new... the architecture is the same. We need to set up a meeting place. Lets try that motel,” she said, pointing a hoof to a building on her right. “I will cover all the costs.” Bon Bon opened her mouth to argue, but Twilight had already teleported to the building. Bon Bon reluctantly walked over and into the motel. As Bon Bon closed the front door, Twilight signaled her to follow. “I got our room keys.”


The two mares walked down the poorly lit hallway. Stopping at the fourth door on the left, Twilight let them into their room.


Bon Bon chuckled as she entered the room. “At least the walls have a good color. It’s nice that they match my fur color.” She glanced around, checking other things. “A table and window in the back, two beds, a night stand in between them, a wash room to the right, and a... mini fridge.” Bon Bon shrugged. “I guess I can’t complain too much. But how are we supposed to find one pony in a town of ponies we don’t know? We can’t just go around asking if anypony has seen who we are looking for.”

“Ah,” Twilight said with a smile. “I might have a solution for that. A new spell, well, not totally new. Just a spell I have been practicing. It’s a foresight spell. Discord used it to show me the past. Luna uses it in dreams to show past, present, and future.” Twilight jumped onto a bed.

“That's nice and all,” griped Bon Bon. “But is there any better way I can talk to Lyra? An enchanted mirror is nice, but what about a come-to-life spell? How about some sort of telepathy?”

Twilight thought this over for a few seconds. “A come-to-life spell might work. Although I don’t know for how long. We’re fighting against a spell that is trying to make an inanimate object, as such it would wear down a come-to-life spell. I can still cast one if you want.”

“Please do so,” replied Bon Bon.


Bon Bon took the Lyra plushie out of the saddlebag and set it on the floor. She made sure the plushie was standing up.


Twilight closed her eyes and magic surrounded the plushie. After the magic faded, the two mares stared at the plushie for a few seconds.


Lyra raised a plush hoof up to her face. “I can move.” Lyra gasped. “I can talk too. It will have to do for now.”

Bon Bon put Lyra into the saddlebag. “We have some exploring to do. Twilight needs to be able to concentrate on her foresight spell.”

Lyra’s head popped out of the saddlebag. “Fine,” she pouted. “Hey! Do you think I’m breakable? Do I feel pain? Can I eat? Do I get tired? Can I die?”

“Quiet,” interrupted Twilight. “Yes, no, no, no, and yes. You only die if all of you is destroyed at once. If you’re brought back to life while damaged, well... you’ll be damaged. So no jumping into lava or other dangerous things.

“I can still die!” exclaimed, Lyra. “That sucks. I’m more fragile now too…” Bon Bon tossed her room key into the saddlebag. She then turned toward the door. Lyra quickly raised a forehoof. “One more question. Can I use magic?”

Twilight shook her head. “No magic for you.”

Bon Bon strapped the saddlebag on and opened the door. “I want some lunch. I get grumpy when I’m hungry. The plushie and candy-pony are leaving. Good luck with your spell.”


Leaving the room and exiting through a side door, Bon Bon observed the buildings outside of the motel.


Standing on her plush hind legs, Lyra looked around. “How about we go to The Couch Pizzeria. It’s to our right.”

“Pizza sounds nice,” replied Bon bon.


Twilight remembered that she had the bag of bits. Thinking fast on where Bon Bon would be at this point in time, she teleported the bag of bits away.


In a flash of purple light, a bag of bits appeared next to Bon Bon. “I already had bits in my saddlebag from earlier. Oh well, I guess I will not be spending my bits.” Taking the bits, she trotted off toward the pizzeria.


Avoiding several ponies, Bon Bon made it to the pizzeria. As she entered the building, the smell of pizza permeated the air. Her hunger and the smell made her lost in thought. Paying no attention to where she was walking, she bumped into the front desk.


The stallion at the front desk greeted her with a smile. “Hi, will it just be you dining with us?”

“Yes,” answered Bon Bon.

A unicorn waitress walked up. “I will take you to your table.”


Bon Bon followed the waitress past wooden tables of varying sizes and shapes, all of which had couches for sitting on.

Bon Bon sat down at the table she was directed to, a small square one. She gave the menu to the waitress. “I don’t need the menu. I knew what I wanted before I got here and I won’t need anything else. I’ll take the BLT pizza. That’s broccoli, and not bacon. I’m no griffon. Lima beans, and not lettuce. Tamarillo, and not tomatoes. Last and best, a large apple milkshake.”

“Understood,” replied the waitress as she walked away.


Bon Bon put her saddlebag on the table and took Lyra out, putting her next to the bag. She then closed the bag.


Bon Bon looked directly at plushie Lyra and put on a serious face. Which was a bit scary to Lyra because of the huge size difference. “Rules,” Bon Bon stated firmly. “Don’t move around on the table. I don’t want ponies coming over to see a mobile toy. Talk quietly. I don’t want ponies to see I have a talking toy... especially the little ones.”

Lyra nodded her head. “Got it boss.” In a stern tone she said, “Please don’t call me a toy. It’s offensive.”

“Sorry,” replied Bon Bon. “I bet you wish you could have a milkshake.” Bon Bon stifled a laugh. “I almost ordered two.”

Lyra turned her head away from her marefriend. “Your jealousy tactics won’t work on me.”

Bon Bon chuckled lightly. “My tactics have not even started. Just wait till I have the milkshake and I slowly drink it in front of you. As a bonus I’ll even make weird sounds of satisfaction while drinking it.”

“No,” hissed Lyra. “That last part is too far. That would just be mean.” Lyra turned to face her marefriend. “Although... it would be fun to hear you make sounds like that.”

Bon Bon excitedly rubbed her forehooves together. “Here comes my pizza. Sometimes I get jealous of how fast unicorns can cook food. Stupid heat spells.”


Bon Bon stared at her food as it approached with the waitress. Without saying a word, the waitress set the pizza and milkshake in front of Bon Bon and left.


Bon Bon took a small slice of pizza in her forehoof. She slowly bit into it, making sure Lyra could see. “Feel free to have a slice, Lyra. The pizza tastes fabulous.”

A small sigh escaped Lyra’s throat as she stared at the pizza. “I wish I could.”

Bon Bon smiled pridefully before giggling. “Just think of this as payback for all those times I made myself a cinnamon roll for breakfast and you ate it.” Lyra rolled her button eyes as Bon Bon ate another slice of pizza dramatically.

Seeing a young earth pony stallion walking toward their table, Lyra sat down next to the milkshake and assumed a motionless form. Good thing I don’t need to breathe. That’s one advantage of being a plushie.

The stallion sat down across from Bon Bon. “Your multicolor mane is pretty. The blue and pink compliment each other nicely.”

“Thanks... I guess. And your mane looks nice too. Even if it is a lighter color than your fur. The red streak through it adds a nice touch, but I like your dark blue fur better.” Bon Bon continued eating her meal.

The stallion smiled charmingly. “Would you mind if I paid for your meal?”

Giggling softly, Bon Bon answered, “I won’t mind at all. A warning to you though, ponies that want me to be their marefriend usually hear this mint green plushie talk to them. When she starts talking to you, don’t think you’re crazy.” Bon Bon took a drink from her milkshake before continuing. “I won’t think you’re crazy either.”

Lyra wasted no time in making a comment. “You won’t steal my marefriend. You haven’t even asked her name yet. That’s strike one.”

The stallion quickly glanced between Lyra and Bon Bon. “My name is Bud Light. What’s yours?”

Lyra spoke up quickly. “Doesn’t concern you.”

Bon Bon smiled, mostly because of Lyra’s witty comment. “My name is Bon Bon. It’s a type of candy.”


Bud Light glanced at Bon Bon’s shrinking pizza. “Can I have a bite of pizza?”

Before replying, Bon Bon swallowed the food she was chewing. “No,” she said with annoyance. “You don’t get my food just because you offered to pay for it.” Bon Bon took another bite from her pizza.

Lyra giggled. “You made my marefriend mad. She dislikes sharing food. You might have known that if you tried to get to know her first. Strike two.”

Bud Light glared at the annoying plushie across the table. “Bon Bon, are you sure you can’t hear that toy talking?”

Shaking her head, Bon Bon said, “Sorry, not a word.” This should get interesting. Too bad my pizza is two-thirds gone.

Lyra glared at Bud Light. She wanted to yell, but she kept a calm tone. “You did not just call me a toy. That’s insulting and offensive. Maybe I should call you a blob of meat or a snack for my friend. Maybe I’ll turn you into a weak, fragile plushie and tear you limb from limb. I don’t take kindly to being called a toy. Now apologize.”

Bud Light was still glaring at Lyra, more now than before. “This is so dumb. I’m being insulted by a toy.”

Lyra huffed in anger. “Bon Bon, I command you to hit him in the face. Do it for your marefriend.”

Bon Bon nodded her head. “Yes, master.” Jumping out of her seat, she walked over to her target. “Sorry about this,” she said before slamming her forehoof into his cheek. She then casually went back to her seat to finish off her pizza.

Bud Light lightly rubbed his sore cheek. “So you can hear the toy... I mean plushie. I so meant plushie.”

Bon Bon smiled awkwardly. “Only when she commands me to do something.”

“What?” replied Bud Light. “Why does she control you? She’s just a plushie and an annoying one at that.”

Bon Bon smiled. “I love her and she loves me. She is just mad about you calling her a toy. You still need to apologize to her.”

Bud Light facehooved. “Not going to happen. I’m not convinced that you’re telling the truth either.”

“How about a deal?” Bon Bon proposed. “You apologize and I’ll tell you the truth.”

“Fine,” Bud Light scoffed. He hesitantly looked over to Lyra. “I’m sorry for calling you a toy.” It’s like I’m apologizing to a pony for calling them a pony…

Lyra smiled as Bon Bon took the speaking role. “Yes I can hear every word Lyra says. Short story, Lyra was turned into a plushie by some weird spell after she bought a dark-green furred plushie that had an orange mane and tail. In the process, the original plushie became a real pony. Now we’re trying to find the mare and get Lyra back to normal.”

Rolling his eyes, Bud Light replied, “Sounds like the mare from a different failed date. She seemed very secretive.” Bon Bon pulled out the scroll from her saddlebag. Bud Light nodded. “That’s her.”

Bon Bon raised an eyebrow. What time was this? “Any chance you know where she is or went?”

Bud Light rubbed his chin with a hoof. “It was around seven. She was going to the salon. Something about dying her mane and tail to hide. I didn’t ask questions.”

Bon Bon chugged down what was left of her milkshake. “Thanks,” she said while packing Lyra into the saddlebag. “Sorry for playing a prank on you. You never had a chance with me anyway.”

Bud Light threw a gem toward Bon Bon. “The ruby is payment for your meal.”


Bon Bon took the ruby and went to the front counter. She paid for her meal, and left.


Bud Light went back to his sister’s table. “Another failed date. Ironically they were looking for a mare from one of my other failed dates.”

Bud Light’s sister smiled reassuringly. “You’ll find a marefriend sometime.”