• Published 3rd Jul 2014
  • 1,348 Views, 30 Comments

Lyra's Plush Adventure - Yoshi1990



Lyra is turned into a plushie and Bon Bon sets out to turn her back to normal

  • ...
7
 30
 1,348

Chapter 1

Lyra gasped and dropped the plushie she was holding.


Twilight looked over from her books. “Everything alright?”

“Yes,” replied Lyra, picking up the dark green furred plushie. “Twilight, this is going to sound crazy, but we don’t need to do any research. I know a lot about this plushie artifact.” Lyra took a deep breath. “And I honestly hate it, but I will help this pony. Cast a transfer spell on it and move the magic into the Elements of Harmony.”

“But you told-”

“I know what I said. Just do what I’m asking now. I don’t want to see this pony ever again after this.”


Twilight teleported the five elemental necklaces onto the floor. “The past three days you have not stopped saying how much you loved that artifact. Why the sudden change?”

“I had a vision. Bon Bon was killed by this pony in it.” Lyra threw the plushie into the circle of elements, knocking one over.

“And…” Twilight shook the confusion out of her mind. “And yet you want to release this pony who did that?”

Lyra took a deep breath to calm her rising anger. “It’s a bit more complicated than that. Short version, this pony broke out and I was turned into a plushie. Bon Bon tried to get me back, but was killed.” Lyra took another deep breath, calming herself. “Can you just free that pony?”


Seeing Lyra’s anger, Twilight chose to not talk about it any further. Twilight’s horn lit up, lighting up the elements too. Transfer spells were pretty easy. Twilight had no problems moving the magic from the plushie artifact into the elements.


After the transfer of magic was complete, Twilight watched the Elements of Harmony closely. Rainbow sparks spewed out from the six elements. A moment later the dark green furred plushie was a normal sized, normal furred, living pony.


Minty ran a hoof through her orange mane. “I’m... alive again. A whole two days ahead of schedule.”

Twilight raised an eyebrow. “What does that mean?”

Minty put a hoof over her mouth and mumbled, “Nothing, it means nothing.”

Lyra couldn’t stop herself from giggling. “That’s a lie. Minty, yes I know your name. Answer my questions or I’ll have Twilight turn you back into a plushie.”

Minty gasped and got into a begging pose in front of Lyra. “Please don’t do that. You have no idea what kind of torture it is to be trapped as an inanimate object.”


Twilight sat quietly as Lyra stared blankly at Minty.


“You’re wrong,” replied Lyra in a firm tone. “I know exactly how it feels, just not for as long as you. Question one, I know that on Thursday morning, two days from now, you were going to switch places with me. Tell me how and why?”

“At the Ponyville variety market, you said the words ‘Your freedom is now’. Those are magic words used to transfer the spell cast on me. Since the spell was on me, I had the power to chose when the transfer would happen. I chose to wait a few days to throw off any suspicion of it being me. What’s a few more days when it will help keep you free? Is that what you wanted to know?”

Lyra nodded her head. “Yes. Next question, I know you have some magic artifacts with you, like a voice stealing necklace. Where are they?”


Twilight was curious to hear the answer and curious as to how Lyra knew these things.


Minty failed to stop herself from blushing. “Well... I sort of keep a few artifacts in my stomach. I used a shrink spell and protection spell. That way I didn’t lose them when I was turned into a plushie by my captor.”

Twilight thought to herself, That’s actually pretty smart.

“Interesting. Third question, if my marefriend had found you, brought me to you asking you to help turn me back to normal, how would you trick her into thinking she helped me?”

Odd question, thought Minty and Twilight.

“I would use a trick that my captor used, blood magic.”


Twilight gasped.


Minty looked at Twilight then back to Lyra. “I would also use psychic paper. To fool them into thinking that I was telling them the truth. I would knock them out with a powerful spell and then switch the plushie with a fake, using a replication spell. Last, I would pretend to be the revived plushie.”

“Fourth question, how long were you a plushie?”

“One hundred and sixty-four years,” replied Minty.

Lyra went wide eyed. “Not to be rude, but how have you kept any shred of sanity?”

Minty allowed herself a small smile. “I think of my freedom. One day I will be free, but I can lose that freedom instantly if I don’t keep myself sane. It was hard, but I did my best.”

Lyra nodded her head in approval. “No more questions. No point in asking any more. I feel a little bad for you, but I still don’t like you. You are free now. If you ever set hoof in my home, I will have you arrested for trespassing and sentenced to being a plushie. Also, stay away from Bon Bon.”


“I understand,” replied Minty. “You obviously hate me because that vision showed you my bad side.”

Twilight raised a hoof. “I’m very curious as to how your opinion changed so dramatically. I would love to hear this vision you had. Minty deserves to hear it too.”

The library door opened, revealing the only dentist in Ponyville, Colgate. “Hi girls. I came to help tell a story. Lyra can only tell you the story from her point of view. I’m here to tell the other parts.”

Lyra took a seat on the couch. “I guess I’m not getting out of this. The story starts on Thursday morning, two days from now.”

====================

Lyra stood outside her home. Looking up at the night sky, she yawned. “I should stop going to bed so late. Only two hours past midnight tonight. Researching magic artifacts is always worth it.” She adjusted her saddlebag and opened the door. She hung her saddlebag on a stand and closed the front door, filling the room with darkness. “Couch wins over a bed,” she said before yawning again. Passing the staircase without a second thought, she found the couch. “No Bon Bon down here to sleep with... magic artifact will have to do.” Lyra levitated a five inch tall dark green unicorn plushie out of her saddlebag. The plushie came to a rest next to Lyra’s head. Seconds later Lyra was asleep. Ten minutes later, a black aura engulfed her in her sleep.


The unicorn plushie hovered in the air, its orange mane fluttering in a nonexistent wind. The plushie grew to the size of a normal pony, its plush fur becoming real fur, its stuffed insides turning into bones and organs. The black aura around Lyra dispersed, leaving a five inch tall mint green unicorn plushie on the couch.


Minty Orange, the now-alive pony, stared at the unicorn plushie on the couch. “It... worked. I’m free,” she said as her eye twitched. “Time to leave.” Still getting use to her new body, Minty Orange slowly turned around. She walked slowly to the door, her horn glowed, as an orange aura opened the door quietly. She turned her head to face the couch. With a sad tone she said, “Sorry... Lyra. Your freedom is over... and my freedom is now.” Minty Orange grabbed a bag of bits before stepping outside and closing the door.

====================

Bon Bon’s eyes bolted open as a crash was heard outside her home. “That’s one way to wake up.” Curiosity got the better of her and she jumped out of bed. She trotted to the window and opened it. Looking down, she saw a broken cart, a pile of roses, and an annoyed looking Roseluck next to it. “Rose, are you ok?”

Roseluck looked up at Bon Bon. “Just... dandy.”

Rainbow Dash popped her head up from the pile of roses. “I’m cool too. Just a little flying accident.” A mailbag flew out of the pile of roses and hit Dash in the back of the head. “Derpy! Watch where you throw that.”

A muffled voice from in the pile of roses replied, “Sorry... but I’m not the one who crashed into me.” From within the roses, a gray hoof popped up with a letter on it. “Got a letter for you, Bon Bon.”


Rainbow Dash flew the letter up to its new owner.


“Thanks,” replied Bon Bon. She closed the window and glanced at the letter. Seeing that it was an invitation from Red Gala, she put it on a shelf for later. “Eight o'clock,” she said as she looked at the wall clock. “Should have been up half an hour ago. I’ll skip breakfast.” Bon Bon opened her bedroom door and yelled down the staircase, “Lyra, are you home!?” Silence was the only reply she got. Having made her way down the staircase, Bon Bon looked to her left. “No note on the front door. Lyra must have spent the night at the library.”


Bon Bon left her home without ever turning around to see the couch. She began trotting down the street. Ignoring every other pony on the street, Bon Bon made it to to the library within six minutes. The library would not open for about twenty-five minutes, but Bon Bon did not care.


Princess Twilight heard a knock at the door. “Be there in a second,” she replied. Teleporting to the door and unlocking it at the same time, Twilight opened it with a smile. “Ly-Bon Bon... not the pony I was expecting.”

With curiosity, Bon Bon asked, “Who were you expecting?”

“Lyra,” replied Twilight.

Bon Bon raised an eyebrow to that. “Lyra?” she asked. “Didn’t Lyra spend the night here?”

Now it was Twilight’s turn to raise an eyebrow. “No. She went... home at two in the morning.”

Bon Bon shook her head with a sigh. “Are you thinking what I’m thinking?

“Yes,” replied Twilight with a roll of her eyes. “But why would she try researching magic artifacts alone? She knows what happened the last few times.”

With a chuckle, Bon Bon turned around. “Let's go back to my place and start the rescue.”

“I’ll start teleporting my stuff over. See you there.” The library door closed and Bon Bon began the trip back home.


On the way back, Bon Bon chose to buy an apple from Applejack. Needing one hoof to hold the apple as she ate it, Bon Bon hobbled most of the way back home.


Twilight sighed dramatically as Bon Bon entered her own home. “What’s wrong?” asked Bon Bon.

Without looking up from her pile of notes, Twilight responded, “I could not find the magic artifact from last night. I looked all over... with no luck.”

Bon Bon sat on the couch. “Have you tried a tracking spell?”

“No. It never worked before... why should it be any different this time?”

Bon Bon rolled her eyes. “Don’t be so biased. All you need is an item that belongs to Lyra.” Bon Bon picked up the Lyra plushie and waved it around. “Look what I found. Just humor me... please.” Bon Bon dropped the unicorn plush back onto the couch.


With a dramatic sigh, Twilight’s horn lit up with magic. For thirty seconds, purple magic surrounded the five inch tall Lyra plushie before fading.


“Results?” asked Bon Bon.

Twilight took in a deep breath. “Pointless. Interesting, but pointless.” Pointing a hoof at plushie Lyra, Twilight continued. “Tracking spell says Lyra is right next to you. Obviously false info.” Twilight’s eyes sparked with excitement. “It does tell us that she was on the couch when disappearing.”

Bon Bon smiled victoriously. “Good thing you listened to me.”

“Not worth getting excited.” Twilight put her notes down. “Do you have any bread and honey? I still need breakfast. Just a small one.” Bon Bon nodded in reply.


Two ponies went to the kitchen. Twilight sat at the round table. She watched in silence as Bon Bon took out a loaf of bread and a jar of honey. Twilight sat patiently as Bon Bon laced two slices of bread and brought one plate of breakfast to the table.


With a smile, Bon Bon said, “Breakfast is served.”


Twilight dove straight into her breakfast, with little concern for manners.


Bon Bon’s head shook in disappointment. “I expected better etiquette from a princess.”

Twilight looked up from her mangled breakfast and swallowed. In a dignified voice, she asked, “Would you like me to use proper etiquette?”

“No, no,” a smiling Bon Bon replied. “Eat however you see fit.”


Twilight wasted no time in continuing the destruction of the food in front of her. Forty seconds later she was finished. She levitated the plate to the sink.


Bon Bon smiled as she got up from her chair. “Back to work.”

Twilight rubbed her forehead with a hoof. “One moment,” she replied. “I think I ate a little too fast.” Twilight’s eyes slowly closed as sleep overtook her.

Bon Bon facehooved. “I guess Twilight has never had the special honey from the county of Buckingham. First time reaction is instant sleep.” Bon Bon sighed. “I got three minutes to do nothing now… or do I. Time for some fun.” Bon Bon dashed out of the kitchen and upstairs.

A few seconds later, Bon Bon returned with Lyra’s enchanted hoofheld mirror. “Hope this works.” Bon Bon pointed the back of the mirror at sleeping Twilight. “Open a portal to Twilight’s dreams.” The mirror darkened and an image of Twilight appeared in it. Bon Bon poked the mirror. “Is it working?”

The Twilight in the mirror looked toward Bon Bon. “Bon Bon... what happened? Where am I?”

Bon Bon cleared her throat and prepared a deep and evil voice. “Mwahahaha. You are trapped, little princess. I laced your food with a sleep potion.”

Twilight stepped back with worry. “Why?”

Bon Bon smiled evilly. “Quite simple. You are powerless when asleep. I trapped Lyra’s body and soul within this mirror and now the same fate awaits you. If you focus hard enough right now, you might be able to find Lyra and talk to her. Telepathically, of course.” Inside her mind, Bon Bon smiled. I can’t believe this is actually working.

Twilight closed her eyes and focused on finding Lyra. The next thirty seconds were silent. Twilight’s eyes bolted open. “I think I found her.”

Forgetting to use her evil voice, Bon Bon said, “Really?” Realizing her mistake she quickly replied in an evil tone, “That’s surprising. What do you hear?”

Twilight looked up at Bon Bon with a glare that should have shattered the mirror. “I heard a faint cry for help... and strangely a faint laugh too.”

Bon Bon suppressed a laugh. That’s great if she really can hear Lyra. And I guess Lyra is laughing at me playing a prank on Twilight. That must mean she can hear us somehow... Bon Bon prepared her evil voice again. “Mwahahaha, soon you will see Lyra. Tell her I said hi.”

Twilight arrogantly replied, “I won’t need to because you will release me.”

Bon Bon raised an eyebrow. “Oh, and why’s that, little princess?” Twilight’s horn lit up with purple magic. Bon Bon stared blankly into the hoofheld mirror. “Aww, little princess is trying to attack me.” What Bon Bon didn’t notice was that the horn on Twilight–the one asleep at the table–also glowed with magic.

Twilight smiled as a purple aura surrounded Bon Bon. “Surrender now.”

Bon Bon could feel the magic around her. She fell back onto her hind legs thinking, I took the prank too far. Worry made itself apparent on Bon Bon’s face and fear in her voice. “I surrender.” Bon Bon could feel her heart pounding in her chest. Her breathing became erratic. “Please... spare... me. I’m just... an earth pony.” The connection between Bon Bon and Twilight’s dream was broken as Bon Bon dropped the mirror. Purple magic still surrounded the terrified earth pony.

Twilight’s head shot up from the table as she woke up. “Evil earth pony,” she said as she looked around. Without releasing her magic hold on Bon Bon, Twilight teleported next to the terrified earth pony. Speaking in a soft tone, Twilight asked, “What have you done with the real Bon Bon?”


Bon Bon tried to say something, but the only noise she made was a scared whimpering sound.


Seeing the terror in the earth pony’s eyes, Twilight released her magic grip. “It will be alright,” she reassured. “I won’t hurt you. Just breathe slowly.”


Bon Bon tried to slow her breathing. After a minute of trying to relax, her breathing was slow enough for her to talk.


Twilight took this chance to talk. “Where is the real Bon Bon?”

Bon Bon smiled awkwardly. “In front of you.” Twilight raised a curious eyebrow to that. With her heart still beating harder than normal, Bon Bon continued. “There never was an evil Bon Bon. It was a joke.”

“A joke?” Twilight said skeptically.

Continuing to smile awkwardly, Bon Bon replied, “More of a prank. I was going to wake you up soon. I would have never done it if I had known you could still use magic on me. I’m deathly afraid of magic being used on me because my unicorn parents abused me with it.”

Twilight rubbed Bon Bon’s back gently. “Oh... I’m sorry. I had no idea, but I also thought you were evil. All those years of performing plays and practicing different voices paid off. You totally had me fooled.” Twilight laughed to lighten the mood.

Bon Bon laughed too. “Nice to know.” She stood up on all four hooves. “Time to continue looking for Lyra. Did you hear anything else when you were listening for her?”

Twilight slowly shook her head. “Wasn’t that a... trick by you?”

“Nope.”

“Oh…,” was all Twilight could say as she lifted up the mirror with magic.


The two ponies made their way back to the couch in the living room. Twilight put the hoofheld mirror on top of the Lyra plushie. Bon Bon jumped onto the couch, causing the plushie and mirror to fall off.

Twilight looked up from the notes she had begun reading. “Bon Bon, how does this enchanted mirror work? Better question, what does the mirror look like when it’s working its magic?”

“The reflective part turns black.” She waved a fore hoof through the air. “And then an image of the pony you’re connected to shows up on it.” Twilight seemed to be playing with the mirror, moving it around a lot. Bon Bon shrugged it off. “But that’s only if you’re actually connecting with a pony mind. Lyra uses it as a delivery system. For that occasion, it shows an image of the location she wants to send something.”

“So... if I saw Lyra in the mirror... theoretically I should be able to talk to her. Just like you did with me?”

Bon Bon rolled onto her back with an annoyed huff. “There is no theoretically. It’s fact. If you want theories, try this one. Lyra says she is always connected to the mirror because it was a gift from her father. It’s all she has to remember him, so theoretically we should be able to talk to Lyra from anywhere... since she is always connected to it. Thus, I had you try to talk to her... in a way.”

Twilight stifled a laugh. “There is no theoretically about that. It’s fact. I’m having a small conversation with Lyra right now.”


Bon Bon looked at Twilight with skepticism.


“I’ll prove it,” Twilight stated. Bon Bon watched the mirror as it floated in front of her. She could see Lyra in the mirror.

Confusion, happiness, excitement, disbelief, and curiosity all went through Bon Bon. “Are my eyes deceiving me?”

Lyra, in the mirror answered, “No, you’re seeing and talking to the one and only Lyra… mostly talking.”

Bon Bon looked away from the mirror and toward Twilight. “Princess, please explain?”

Twilight waved a hoof dismissively. “You already explained it. The mirror is connected to Lyra, thus allowing us to speak directly to her mind. What we didn’t know is that the spell put on her is inhibiting her ability to stay connected to it. She has to be close to the mirror to talk to us... like less than twenty inches.”

Bon Bon rolled over onto her stomach. “Is that what you were doing when you were moving the mirror sporadically?” Twilight nodded, but before she could reply, Bon Bon continued. "If the mirror has to be close to Lyra and the only Lyra around here is... the plushie. Lyra was turned into a plushie. That’s a new one... although not as bad as when she was turned into a timberwolf. A nice timberwolf, but still a timberwolf.” A shiver of fear made its way through Bon Bon. “Do you know how scary it is to wake up and have a timberwolf sitting in your bedroom? Quite terrifying."

Twilight’s eyes widened. “Timberwolf... when was that? Why did you not ask for my help that time?”

Anger coursed through Bon Bon. “All the princesses were in the Crystal Empire. I had to get Discord to help me.”

Twilight magically picked up some notes. “Lyra and I need to do a little research into the spell that was used on her. Do you want to help?”

Bon Bon replied with an over exaggerated sigh. “What’s there to research? Use a transformation spell. I’m sure any of the other princesses can help. Even Chrysalis could help. Transformation is a changeling’s specialty.”

Without lowering her notes, Twilight simply replied, “No. You can’t rush into things like this. We don’t know the repercussions.”

Bon Bon rolled onto her back again. “Magic does not interest me. That’s why I send Lyra to the library to research with you. I’ll just lay here and rest.”

Twilight’s horn lit up and some books appeared next to her. She began looking through them. “Lyra, what happened last night?”

Lyra shrugged. “Nothing unusual. I got home, layed on the couch, and fell asleep. I woke up as a plushie. Surprisingly, I can still see and hear things as a plushie.”

Twilight’s eyes lit up with curiosity as she wrote down notes. “That is fascinating. Why would you retain those two senses, but not others? You have owned the artifact for five days, so did you do anything on the three days prior to when I started working with you?”

Lyra raised an eyebrow. “No way. Problems always pop up when I research alone.”

“Yes!” exclaimed a happy Twilight. “I think I just found the spell used on Lyra.” Twilight continued looking through books.

Bon Bon, still on the couch asked, “Are you going to tell us the spell?”

“Sure. Obviously I looked up transformation spells. There’s a few different variations here, but they are generally the same. All of them involve turning a pony into an inanimate object. Although I have no clue why anypony would want to do that. One of the spells kills the pony. Lyra is alive... as far as we know. One of the spells removes the pony’s consciousness and stores it in something else, leaving a body free for possession. This one almost had me, but then I realized the magic artifact would still be here.”

“Question,” interrupted Bon Bon. “We know the artifact is an enchanted plushie, so what if the magic artifact changes color to match the pony that is being stored in it?”

Twilight opened her mouth to reply. At first she said nothing, her face showing she was in deep thought. “I never thought about that. That could very well be the case. I’ll have to take that into consideration. There would still need to be a unicorn to cast the spell... unless. I hope not. We don’t need some evil spirit possessing Lyra. The next spell is the one I originally thought was our problem. It’s a more evil version of the come-to-life spell. It doesn’t bring the object to life at the exact moment of casting. Instead it waits for a victim that feels attached to the object. If the connection is strong enough, the object truly comes to life and the pony becomes what the object was. Lyra loves all her magic artifacts. The last one is a bit obscure but could be our problem. This one was used by an evil princess. It’s a variation of the evil come-to-life spell. It starts out as just that, but it’s used to transform a pony into an inanimate object. The princess placed a word lock on the spell. It’s where a pony must say specific words in order for the spell to work. Nopony can break the spell unless they know the correct words. With a word lock, she also gave the trapped pony consciousness the power to transfer the spell... but only if some random pony accidently says the words to allow the transfer.”

From the couch, Bon Bon looked over toward Twilight. “Lets see if I got this. One spell just kills a pony, one spell stores away a pony’s mind, and two spells swop the mind of a pony with another mind. Is that right?”

“Yes.”

Bon Bon smiled. “How do we fix the problems? Try to keep it short.”

“Will do,” Twilight said with a smile. “First fix, if a spirit took over Lyra’s body. Technically speaking, we need to find Lyra. Fix two and three, we need to find the pony that came to life. We try to negotiate with said pony. If said pony won’t help us, we turn it back into a plushie. Then destroy the plushie. Lucky for us, Lyra and I know what said pony looks like.”

Bon Bon jumped off the couch. “Are you sure we can’t just try a quick transformation spell?”

“Positive. There is an unknown unicorn in most of these factors. We need that pony if we want to cast any counterspell.” Twilight placed a scroll on the couch. “That’s a picture of the plushie that Lyra bought a few days ago.” In a flash of light, Twilight was standing next to the front door. “Time for us to start asking for info. If you need to find me, ask Spike to send me a letter.” Twilight vanished in a purple light.