• Published 9th Apr 2012
  • 6,060 Views, 187 Comments

Croitre - Recon



What IS this irregular heartbeat?

  • ...
26
 187
 6,060

Favors

Favors
01

Twilight Sparkle stood in front of the first bookcase in the library, titled "Fiction Books A-F". She decided to spend this day cleaning up and decorating the library, as she forgot to clean up her own mess after helping with the Winter Wrap Up. Excellent. With spring in company, she decided her library needed it to show. Earlier that week, Fluttershy insisted that Twilight take a couple spring flower decorations for the library; it was her favorite season, and she loved for it to be everywhere. Twilight brought up four bouquets of flowers effortlessly with her magic, and sent them all to different parts of the library - two on the main desk, one on a table, and one at the foot of the staircase that led to her room. Even though it was a simple task, she wished Spike were here to give her some company. He was staying the week over at one of his friend's houses in Canterlot. She had just finished putting them perfectly in place, then all of a sudden she heard the sound much unlike a bullet, accelerating faster towards her general direction in the distance. She realized it was getting louder and louder, then - CRASH!

Twilight stared in shock at the huge, gaping hole in the side of her room, still smoking as if a huge bullet had just pierced right through it. On any other day, she would have used her magic to fix it, but her magic felt weak after helping Applejack clear the apple tree acres while she was sick.

The blue pegasus was propped up against the opposite wall of the hole, a small bookcase and a multitude of books covering her face and upper body. Honestly...

"Ow." Rainbow Dash said, still managing to laugh. "I think I hurt my left wing. And hey Twi, what's up?" Twilight just stared at her, offering but a small grunt. Another voice cut through the air, apparently surprised as much as Twilight was at the not uncommon sight of the crashing prismatic pegasus.

"Hey Twi-light! Hey Dashie!" Twilight turned her head around, and to no surprise, Pinkie Pie was in the doorway. She wasn't in the mood for this.

"Hey Pinkie!" Dash smiled. Twilight simply offered an unimpressed, blank stare.

"Why so glum, you silly willy filly!" she cried ecstatically, in her usual Pinkie Pie-esque manner. "Come on, I'm throwing a 'Winter Wrap Up Two Week Anniversary Party! It could help you take your mind off that huge hole in the wall!" Rainbow laughed and nodded.

Was she serious? That was one of Pinkie's stupidest reasons to throw a party. Well, except for the "A Week After Last Week's Party" party. It's fine, she mused, appeasing to the bubble gum pony. It was for the best that she calmed down and just relax for the time being. Why not? Even though Pinkie's parties are usually just headache-inducing with the loud music, forcefeeding of candy, and extensive amount of party poppers, she decided to go anyway. There couldn't be too much harm in attending. She thought of going as just an act of kindness, but she really did need to take her mind off this. But... she needed to find the book she needed for a certain field research, and study it. Then again, she remembered what Rarity had said to her earlier.

"Twilight, darling, reading isn't the only thing to do in life! Go to a spa, spend time with a close friend, anything!" Rarity was right. Twilight barely got out of the house, and more often than not, it was for errands or to compete in a signature Ponyville event like Winter Wrap Up or The Running of the Leaves.

Pinkie dragged her to her house, all the while rambling on and on about her new party decorations; balloons, streamers, and more candy than anypony can eat. Rainbow said she would get rested becore going, as she went to treat the wing she damaged in the idiotic crash into Twilight's house. How anyone in Equestria could be so perky and happy this early in the morning was beyond anyone of her caliber. Gotta give it to Pinkie Pie for living her life always looking ahead, hyper and energetic. Twilight wished she had the time - let alone a personality - for a life like that. Her boring life was lonely, uneventful, and a good part of it was spent in the library studying.

"We're here!" Pinkie Pie shouted so loudly, Twilight's heart skipped multiple beats and she actually got some air time. "Will you help me put up these streamers and balloons?"

Twilight nodded slowly and made her way, slowly, towards the closet where Pinkie stored the things she needed to pick up. About twenty minutes and seven paragraphs' worth of Pinkie's yelling later, Twilight finally managed to put up the final streamer, sighing in relief. Then, all of a sudden: another crash into the wall next to her. There was a loud crack and two ponies screaming, as the door broke down. She didn't even have to think for a second before she knew who it was. Rainbow Dash crashed into the wall right next to Twilight, throwing her off the ladder. Amazing how anyone can be this inconsiderate and clumsy at the same time.

"Oops," Rainbow Dash said, following up with a chuckle. "Sorry Twi!" She came over to Twilight to come help her up. She gave a disgruntled sigh at the pegasus.

"Dash, you're so silly, crashing into everypony's houses!" Pinkie yelled. "First Twilight's, now mine!?" She tried to keep a serious expression, but the sight of Rainbow Dash crashing into a wall was too much. She eventually burst out laughing, too.

"Hehe, sorry about that again Twi," Rainbow said with a smile. Twilight just shot one of those "you're such an idiot sometimes" looks at Rainbow. She laughed again, but Twilight joined in this time. Rainbow had tripped on a loose floorboard, sending her airborne, and she landed with her stomach right over Twilight's. They both couldn't stop laughing for a couple minutes.

Rainbow got up and pulled Twilight up too. They locked eyes, and Twilight found herself absorbed in the soft gaze of Rainbow's magenta orbs. She blushed. Rainbow Dash felt the same way on the flipside, staring into Twilight's deep indigo eyes. They kept this position for about seven seconds before Rainbow Dash laughed, pulling her up.

~

"Bye Fluttershy, Rarity! Good night!" Pinkie hollered at them as the party ended. Applejack also said she was going to go home- wait. Twilight's home is practically destroyed. She paced the floor nervously. She couldn't stay here, Pinkie is going to be up all night, and Twilight didn't want to be up all night with Pinkie. Fluttershy's cottage was also not an option... Twilight had some issues with certain pets before when she was a filly. She used to babysit various pets, ranging from birds to kittens. Not many of her sessions went well; most of them involved being attacked or unintentionally attacking them. Although Rarity would be delighted to have Twilight as a temporary guest, she had the feeling that she would be overly pampered like the first day of her arrival in Ponyville. She could only imagine the forced sauna treatments and mud baths that ensued.

She considered her last two options; Applejack and Rainbow Dash. Applejack's house wouldn't be the worst option with her great hospitality and friendliness, but there was something about the too-many-people-in-one-house that Twilight didn't like. Rainbow Dash's house would be great; Twilight loved stargazing and her house was in the skies, above the clouds and smoke which ensured a great view of the chilly night sky. She had also thought of Rainbow as one of her closest friends out of the bunch, and always enjoyed her company. Then again, she did need to use that spell that enabled earth ponies to walk on clouds, but that wasn't really a problem, more of a bother. Oh well, it was surely worth it.

"Rainbow Dash!"

"Huh? Oh hey, what's up, Twi?" she asked.

"Would you... Um..." she trailed off. She had never asked a favor like this before. "Would you um... Mind taking me in as a guest for a couple days?" she stammered. She was nervous. The last time she had any interaction with friends this close was a very long time ago in Canterlot, with another one of Princess Celestia's students. "You kind of broke where I'm staying," she explained with a tinge of sarcasm.

"Of course, Twi! You know I'd never leave my friends hanging," she said with a breathtaking smile. "Oh, and I kinda owe you for crashing into your library. Again." Rainbow said with a light chuckle. Twilight gave in, laughing along. She felt her heart flutter with joy. "This is going to be pretty fun, just the two of us!"

I hope it will, Twilight thought happily. I hope it will.