• Published 28th Oct 2011
  • 4,614 Views, 34 Comments

The Pudge - Justanotherbrony



Pinkie Pie returns to Ponyville after a long visit to her parents rock farm. Right away, her friends notice the effects that months of her m

  • ...
4
 34
 4,614

Chapter 7

Twilight poured herself a fresh cup of coffee. She blew on it before taking a sip. Then she slumped back into her seat at the kitchen table and sighed. It was impossible to tell if it was a sigh of content, or a sigh of gloom. On the table before her were some medical spell books. She had been studying them for most of the night. On the page of the chunky doorstopper she had returned to reading was the title, Chapter Three: Liposuction.

It was almost a month now into Pinkie Pie’s weight loss regime, and things were not going well at all. On the night of the intervention, the fillies had all pledged to help Pinkie slim back down to her pre-rock farm weight, and to help her control her confectionary lust, just as Pinkie had pledged not to eat any more unhealthy junk food (although Twilight did persuade Pinkie to allow her to cast an appetite suppression spell on her each week, similar to the one she had used on the Parasprites). And they had all sincerely believed that teamwork, and the magic of friendship, would give them all the strength needed to help them achieve their aim. Oh how misguided they were.

Their initial optimism was shattered almost as soon as they got the pink pony up upon the scales the next day. Twilight Sparkle had been shocked to discover that Pinkie was just under ten stone overweight. Rainbow Dash’s boasts of slimming Pinkie down in three weeks were now out of the question. Even she herself had admitted that almost immediately. And at the weigh in that morning, they were all dismayed to learn that Pinkie had barely shed half a stone.

At the beginning of this seemingly impossible undertaking, the ponies had cleared Pinkie’s home of all the unhealthy treats which were the primary cause of her ballooning weight. It hadn’t been an easy task. Pinkie Pie at the time didn’t seemed to realise that attempting to lose weight meant no more cakes, candy or muffins. At all. Period. And she did not take that revelation well. Even though she had pledged not to eat any of the treats, and had magically barred from doing so, apparently she still wanted her home littered with them.

Twilight had been amazed at just how much of a resistance Pinkie could put up when her snacks were under threat. She remembered how herself, AJ and Dash had been forced to rush her, and how she had used her immense bulk to absorb the impact of their change, and then send them flying straight back out of the room with the recoil effect. Her friends had eventually been forced, with great difficulty, to tie her down in order to prevent her from hindering their efforts at de-treating her home, but they eventually located and removed of all them. Twilight had to admit, some of the hiding places were quite imaginative. And others were…best not thought about.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders had helped to get rid off most of the treats. The ones that were still eatable anyway. Twilight remembered with a smile the sight of the three bloated and over stuffed little fillies, faces stained with chocolate and sugar and unable to move under their own power anymore, swearing to never touch any confectionary ever again. The fact that three ponies were completely defeated by barely half the food Pinkie Pie had hoarded really highlighted the gravity of the situation.

In the aftermath of the purge though, Pinkie did apologise to her friends for being so difficult, once she began to accept her situation. Particularly to Fluttershy, who suffered mild injuries and trauma when the frantic party pony sat on her in order to prevent her taking away all the gingerbread ponies. Twilight had been forced to levitate Pinkie with her magic in order to free Fluttershy. It had taken a surprising amount of effort.

After the battle of Pinkie’s apartment, each one of her friends had then taken it upon themselves to help her lose the pudge in their own way, corresponding with their own unique talents and specialities. Twilight Sparkle, as the most organised of the group, had been self-appointed (with the consent of the others) as overall coordinator of the weight loss programme. Working with the advice of the others, she had devised both a diet plan and an exercise regime which, by her own calculations, should have helped Pinkie shed two stone by now. How Pinkie Pie’s pudge refused to budge went against all known science.

Rainbow Dash had taken it upon herself to act as Pinkie Pie’s personal trainer. Each morning, Pinkie would be awoken by the shrieking sound of Dash’s whistle. After some quick and simple five minute warm ups, which would leave Pinkie badly sweat soaked and short of breath, Dash would then make Pinkie canter once around Ponyville will shouting words of encouragement through a bullhorn. Some were less encouraging than others though.

‘‘Come on, come on, MOVE IT PINKIE PIE! Pick up the pace, ya big blubber but!’’ yelled Dash into her horn as she hovered along beside the pink pony.

‘‘Dashie!’’ replied Pinkie. The hurt was evident in her voice. And her eyes.

‘‘Alright, I’m sorry. That was completely uncalled for.’’ Dash said sincerely, stroking the bullhorn. She looked embarrassed and deeply ashamed of herself.

Once Pinkie had completed Dash’s portion of the exercise routine, it was off to the gym with Rarity for twenty minutes of aerobics. Rarity, fit and alert in her purple leotards and sweat bands, made a stark contrast to the gasping, sweat soaked Pinkie Pie in her ill fitting pink track suit.

‘‘Keep at it Pinkie Pie! You can do it!’’ Rarity said as she stepped on and off the steps. She shot her friend the biggest, most encouraging smile she could possibly muster as the thumping beat of the Gym’s motivational music played in the back ground. ‘‘I believe in you darling!’’

‘‘R-rar…rarity? I just…threw up…in my…mouth…a little…bit.’’ gasped Pinkie Pie in reply.

‘‘Oh…..ok. Time to call it quits then’’. She tried not to do the same.

Applejack had taken it upon herself to supply all the food for Pinkie’s diet. Following the purge of party food, she had stocked up Pinkie Pie’s fridge with lettuce, cucumbers, celery, and apples. But mostly celery. All freshly picked from the farm.

‘‘Y’all leave everythin’ to me, Pink! I’ll keep ya stock up on veggies till the cows come home!’’ the cow filly proudly declared each time she delivered the weekly batch of vegetables.

‘‘Yeah…veggies! Veggies are…yeah!’’ replied Pinkie with a brave face.

Fluttershy too had been playing her part. Although the little Pegasus had been apprehensive when near the still massively plump pink earth pony after the incident in the apartment, she had eventually agreed to teach Pinkie Pie yoga. Unfortunately, they had to cease and desist their secessions permanently after only one afternoon. Pinkie Pie had fallen over on her friend again. Fluttershy was left in a neck brace after the accident, and was in no state to teach yoga to anypony.

‘‘I’m sorry I can’t teach you yoga anymore Pinkie,’’ she said to her friend as Pinkie Pie continued to sob and hug her. The brace made the once graceful Pegasus move in a stiff and jerky manner.

‘‘I don’t care about that! I put you in the hospital again Fluttershy! I’m a terrible pony!’’ bawled Pinkie.

‘‘Oh no, you’re not, really! I mean…even though you feel like it…you really aren’t. And besides…it was an accident this time!’’

And yet, despite all this hardship, they had achieved virtually nothing. The look of absolute and totally crushing hopelessness on Pinkie Pie’s face when she saw how little weight she had lost that morning had really stuck a cord in her friends hearts. A sad Pinkie was absolutely soul destroying to see.

And this was why Twilight was now reading over these spell books. Desperate times called for desperate measures. It had been Spike who suggested that Twilight use her magic in some way to help slim Pinkie down. Then Rarity suggested the Liposuction Spell, claiming that most celebonies had underwent the procedure without incident. Initially, Twilight had refused. She had said that they should encourage Pinkie to lose the weight with her own efforts. A healthy lifestyle change is what was needed, not a quick fix. But now…

Twilight yawned. She was too tried to continue studying. She used her magic to close the book shut, and prepared to go to bed. In the morning…she would ask Pinkie what she wanted to do.