• Published 22nd Jun 2014
  • 3,971 Views, 456 Comments

A New World - A New Game - V-Oblivion



How will a group of Pokemon Mercenaries react to be in the friendly word of Equestria? Sidestory to Zeusdemigod131 "A New World, a New Way"

  • ...
17
 456
 3,971

Past Move I

Part 1/3 of a prologue of Evo's work.

This story is set in a time long before the events of the main story, ANW, takes place.If you read looking for Ponies, you wouldn't find them in this portion of the story. You can jump to the 1st move if you wish, but I would thank you if you took the time to read through this portion as well.

ATT- V-Oblivion.

An old conflict, an old game
A Past War

Long ago
In a far away world

The landing craft moved slowly through the early morning waters, waves lapping against its sides as it made its way towards the Tsushima island. A small platoon was doing their best to keep their lunches in their stomach as they headed for their destination. Yet most of them were dizzy long before setting foot on the embankment, as the place they were going to was nothing short of Hell on Earth.

For almost three years, the once peaceful island had been the battleground against the most unexpected yet ruthless foe anyone in the Pokemon world had ever encountered; the Pokemon Liberation Army.

Without any warning, the PLA began a merciless campaign on the capital city of Shinto, making quick work of its relatively short defences and then moving onto the civilian population, sparing no one in the carnage: old, young or Pokemon. As far as the PLA was concerned, if you weren't with them, you were against them.

“Hey Sarge, how long do you think we’re gonna last?” one of the less sea-sick soldiers grimly joked, yet his aspect wasn’t any better.

“Don’t make those kinds of jokes Corporal, brings bad luck,” replied the Sergeant with a firm yet hushed tone. “But it would be a miracle if most of us can reach nightfall.”

Two years of bloody battle was what followed the already Dante-esque conflict, and now this group would be the newest addition to the island’s body count.


Hours earlier

“Listen up!” shouted the Sergeant to the assembled men and women. “A few days ago, a surveillance Fearow took some pictures of an abandoned Silph Corporation facility on Tsushima. According to it…”

At this point, the room the soldiers were in became pitch black as an aerial-view photograph of a large structure was projected onto the wall behind the Sergeant.

“The place appears to have become active. At first we thought the rampant Pokemon were merely messing around with the place, so we cut the electric source. Mostly to avoid any important experiment to be blown away. However…”

The picture changed to a nocturnal one, the structure now with its lights on.

“They have kept the place running. The Silph Corporation was able to remotely monitor the lab’s productivity, before the Pokemon somehow found out about it and cut the line. They said that most of the protocols were being properly run through the mainframe, yet the energy distribution has been greatly modified. In other words, they are using the place for something.

“Our orders are to get in there, investigate what the Hell is going on, and put a stop to it,” explained the Sergeant.

The picture changed again, now was a thermal one.

“As we can see, security is very tight, whatever they are doing in there seems to be very important. All the more reason for us to go and meddle with it.”

A new picture appeared, showing a map of the industrial complex and part of the island’s beach.

“The plan is as follows: The 152th, 360th, and the 113th Infantry, will arrive at Izanami’s beach and will then proceed towards the facility. This is deep within enemy territory so we expect large amounts of patrols and surveillance, however the beach itself is relatively unguarded, mostly because it’s the place where the PLA’s Yellow Fins-”

A picture showing a group of Sharpedos piercing through a vessel appeared on the wall.

“-are stationed, so we will need to drive them away with the help from the 55th Naval Armored Fleet; they will provide a distraction and give us a window to land.”

Then a thermal image with a few heat signatures on the beach appeared.

“Finally, we will receive some air support to take care of the nests guarding the area. This will also give us some time since, as far we know, the PLA only uses Psychic messengers to deliver information. If we can deal with them before they have enough time to react, then our landing will remain a secret… hopefully.” Said the sergeant with little conviction.

Finally, light returned to the room. “Any questions?”

A hand was raised. “Sir!”

“Yes Corporal?”

“Why do we have to go in on foot?” asked the confused soldier. “Shouldn’t an old fashioned air bombing be enough to get rid of the whole damn place alongside the horde?”

“We thought the same, but...” Another picture appeared on the wall, a bit dull now that the lights were on. It showed the place illuminated by countless explosions. “They were able to catch the bombs before landing, even managed to take out one of the planes as well.”

Another picture appeared, showing what could only be described as a yellow blur about to collide with the camera.

“The enemy seems to have one heck of an ace on their air forces, thus ruling an air strike out of our list of options,” added the sergeant with an unpleasant tone. “Anyone else?”

Another hand.

“Recruit.”

“S-sir…!” shouted a young boy with a shivering tone while saluting, though all who saw him could tell how nervous he was.

“No need for so much formalities kid,” the Sarge joked, causing the recruit to blush in shame while the rest chuckled. “What is it?”

“Sir, d-do we really have to leave our Pokemon here, sir?” All smiles vanished as this question was made.

“I’m afraid so,” replied the Sergeant, not too pleased himself. “The snobs on the higher-ups are afraid other Pokemon may join the rampants; a complete load Tauros shit if you ask me, but orders are orders.”

The place became very gloom.

“So… we’re on our own then?” asked a third soldier, more as a statement than a question.

“I am afraid so.” The Sergeant then removed his cap, passing his large hand through his short hair. “I won’t lie to you, this mission will be beyond impossible. If anyone feels like quitting, I won’t blame you.”

The room fell silent.

“We were trained to fight alongside our companions, and yet to go into battle without them would be like going without a rifle. Simply put, it will be suicide.”

The silence continued.

“However,” the Sergeant continued, “We humans are no strangers to war, so if these madmon want to give us Hell, I’ll tell them ‘You’re late to the party!’” At these words, the sergeant placed his cap back on and his tone has increased as few notes. “We invented this shit, and I will be damned if we allow a bunch of feral creatures to outdo us on our turf!”

He let his words settle in before continuing, but once they did he used a far more gentle yet still strong voice.

“Yet we are nothing like them, we fight to defend what is important in this world, not to burn it down as they have done. So if you care about your region, your partners, and your family, write them a very long letter, because we are going to die for them.”

The platoon didn’t seem too happy with the idea, but most of them gave a resolute expression in return.

“Those who want to leave are free to do so, the rest; I will see you all at 0300. May Arceus watch over our souls, that is all. Dismissed!”


“... may Arceus watch over our souls indeed,” repeated the Sergeant as their landing craft came close to land, so far no attacks had fallen on them.

Besides their craft were two others, each team would head for a different route on arrival, increasing their possibilities of success. At least that was the theory behind it.

“Everyone look sharp!” Shouted the sergeant. “Don’t think anything and just run for the forest when we hit the beach!”

Then the first boat made contact with the beach, blowing into pieces as soon as it did so.

“Fuck!” Screamed one of the men looking at the other craft as it caught flames. “Fire Types!”

As soon his words left his lips, a new volley of fire was thrown into the air.

“Mortar incoming!” Shout another soldier as the fire rained on the craft.

“We ain’t reaching land like this.” Shout the sarge. “Everyone, jump to the sides! Swim to safety!” And then lead by example, throwing himself into the water.

He was followed shortly after by the rest of his platoon, yet some of them weren't fast enough as a ball of fire fell on them as they left the embarcation.

The sea was quickly adorned with roasted corpses.

As the sergeant swim frantically towards ground, he saw how some of his men struggled to float, at this pace some of them will drawn.

“Leave your gear!” He shout as hard as he could over the noise of explosions. “Leave it!”

Meanwhile, the third craft was using the smoke from the first one as a cover and had started to return the fire, yet that only turned them into the PLA’s main target.

Sarge could only curse in his mind as he finally reached the beach, he could clearly see only two thirds of his platoon on the beach, the rest were either burning on the surface or reaching the water’s floor. None of them will leave the sea.

“Communications!” He shouted. “Where the hell is our cover?”

“Communications are down sir!” Shouted back one of the soldiers. “She is down with the radio.”

“Fuck!” Cursed the sergeant once more, “If we don’t get some cover soon we are done for.” Then, he looked at the still firing craft. “The 360th won’t last long at this rate.”

The young man had to choose. Wait for an air support that may or may not arrive so the 360th would make it, or use them as cover and run for it. He had to worry for the lives of his troops, but the ones on the craft were also important. However, the inner debacle was short lived as the 360th made the choice for him.

The remaining craft broke from its smoke cover at full speed. Aiming for the beach while also taking heavy fire from the enemy. As this happened, Sarge’s short range radio catched a call.

” …-ead-...or th-..ods… e wil- over yo…” the fire over the craft suddenly intensified as the PLA took noticed of what they were planning to do. “-it wa… onor to kno…” Then a big Pirotecnic hit the craft, causing it to explode.

But it was already too late. The craft was going too fast to be stopped now and run trough the beach as soon it made contact with the land, landing right between the PLA’s nest ant Sarge’s platoon, its smocking remains covering the patch of land remaining between them and the forest.

Sarge only wasted time enough to salute the flaming craft and then dashed towards the forest while shouting.

“Run you idiots, or do you plan to live for ever!?”

The platoon followed right after, yet not all of them made it, as the nest continued to shoot at their direction, getting lucky hitting some of the running soldiers.

In the end half of the platoon reached the tree line, but they weren't safe just yet. As soon they reached the forest, the Pokemon on the nest began to give them chase, only for a daffing noise to feel between them.

Finally the air support had arrived, only five minutes too late.

“Those fucking idiots…” Sarge coursed on a low tone as the explosions continued to flatten the enemy. “Stand up you bunch of Slakings! We have no time to lose here, they will no doubt send a searching party.”

Not even trying to discover their superior, the remnants of the 113th moved deeper into the jungle, leaving a burning sea behind them.

“So much for reaching the night…” Said Sarge to himself as he lead what was left of his troops deeper into hell.


After a quick marathon, the soldiers were finally allowed to lay down so their medic could give them an examination.

“Okay doc, patch them up…” Said Sarge with exhaustion.

“Sir!” A nurse Joy replied.

“We really are doing terribly when the Center’s nurses are dragged into this and sent instead of a doctors.” Commented one of the soldiers.

“I wasn’t dragged.” Replied the nurse as she stitched a soldier’s arm. “I volunteered myself. There is no way I could just let so many to die if I could do something about it.”

“Just don’t get too cooky doc.” Said Sarge. “You can make us go further, but I doubt you can stop us from kicking the bucket.”

“Don’t worry sir, we will do our best.” Proudly replied Joy.

“We?” Inquired the sergeant, to which Joy simply grinned deviously.

“There is no way I can keep up with everyone on my own, so…” The nurse then turned around, carefully looking for something on her clothes while also been sure of no one was looking. Finally she turned around while proclaiming. “Ta-da!”

On each a hand, a Pokeball. On her chest, a deflated bust.

“... how did you sneak those in?” Asked the sergeant.

“Where did she keep them?” asked a less confused but equally curious soldier.

“Little details, little details.” Replied Joy as if was some insufficient matter. “For now let us take care of everyone. Is time to work you two!” She proclaimed while throwing the balls.

With an herpetic ‘pop,’ both spheres open, releasing a blinding light and two round, pink Pokemon. One was an oval shaped biped with short arms, something that looked like a dress and curled hair. A small egg been holded on a pouch on her belly.

The other one was a slightly less round Pokemon with thinner arms, fanned ears and a cotton-like tail. However, no matter how you look at them, the first one seemed to be way younger than the latter. Both of them had a small nursing cap over their heads, an armband and a apron, all of which had a camouflage pattern with a red cross.

“Everyone, these are my assistants; Blissey and Audino.” Both Pokemon give a respective bow to the soldiers. Some of the soldiers returned the gesture, while some of the others keep their guns pretty close.

“S-sir… are you sure of this…?” Asked a nervous soldier.

‘Less than a day here and some of them are already scared by Pokemon.’ Thought Sarge before answering. “I don’t see why there should be any problem, but just to avoid any trouble: those who don’t want to be checked by the Pokemon Nurses feel free to say so POLITELY, understand?”

The only reply the soldiers give were mumbles and grumbles.

Yet the sergeant asked in a low tone.

“Are those two trustworthy?”

Joy kept her gentle expression the best she could, even when her eyes show how much insulted she felt.

“There is none more.” Joy said loud enough for everyone to hear. “I raised Blissey myself. I know her from the egg.” Blissey give a blushing smile in return. “And Audino used to help my mom, she KNOWS me from the egg.” The mentioned Pokemon, only give a knowing smile as she checked a soldier. “So I trust them both with my life sir!”

“Okay, okay I get it!” Exclaimed Sarge back, urging her to lower her voice. “There is no need to give away our location…”

Joy seemed to realize her mistake as her face turn paller. “I-I sorry sir… it won’t happen again.”

“Just don’t make a habit out of it okay?” Replied Sarge as he sit back down and examined his map.

They were a bit off track, but that may have been a good thing. The searching parties would no doubt look for them on the more obvious routes. That small mishap may end up giving them an advantage.

He then looked up toward the working Pokemon, they treated those who let them work on them with utmost care and attention, Blissey even shared some of her Soft Boiled eggs with the soldiers.

“It’s hard to believe such gentle creatures can be turned into such terrifying monsters…” Sarge said to himself.

On the other side, the Audino had reached a pale and trembling soldier which Sarge recognized as the recruit. To the sergeant, he didn’t looked to be too old, maybe 18 years, tops. As soon Audino placed a paw on his back, the boy began to throw up violently. The nurse didn’t stop him and simply patted him on the back.

“Just let him be.” Sarge commanded. “He needs some time and space to get over this… we all do.” He said in the end mostly to himself.

After some planning, a short snack and making sure Joy and her Pokemon had done their job, the sergeant put everyone on the move. “Enough rest, boys and girls, that lab isn’t going to inspect itself.” He also motioned Joy to keep her Pokemon out. It would be better to have somemon to heal the team if the situation got too daring. Or in the worst case scenario, as cannon fodder.


Inside Silph co.’s labs

An hostage Pokemon struggled with its chains, yet the low temperature of the room made it impossible while a soft and gentle voice continued its harassment with an angelical tone.

“Why do you continue to deny the holiness of our mission?” Said a female mind directly into the Pokemon’s. “you of all mons should know better and give aid to our glorious commander.”

“... your commander…” weakly replied the very tired captive. “is nothing but a madmon… all he looks for is to have the world under his coils!”

“And what is wrong about it?” questioned the sweet voice without any trace of doubt. “In his strong embrace we shall find salvation not only for our brethren but to all creation as well. For he is chosen by none other than our Lord and Master, the great Arceus.”

The faith the voice had given no place for doubt on her devotion.

“... you are blind…” the captive replied. “ you prefer not to, or you like what you s-see, … there is no way Lord Arceus had ever chosen such a sick genocidal fiend as hi-AAagaghagaahggh!!” Suddenly there was that pain again, running through all of his body and mind.

“Do not badmouth his Holiness!” Commanded the voice like a mother would to a child. “But it is okay, you will see the light in due time. As long we manage to remove those lies the humans had filled you with.”

The captive continued to scream in agony as it felt as if its own mind and body were torn to pieces again and again. If it weren’t for the mental training he had, the mad angel who was talking to him would have broken him long ago, but at this rate, he wasn’t sure of how much he would be able to stand her relentless assaults.

“I beg you for your forgiveness.” Said the voice with what sounded as genuine regret, yet the pain didn’t stop. “But you have to understand this is for your own good, for the greater good, our saviour's good!”

Then the pain stopped. So did the voice. The Pokemon couldn’t understand why though, yet he didn't care that much. She will return. She always did. All he could do for now was to use the time he head to fortify his mind the best he could. Yet he prayed to Arceus for it to be enough.


“I deeply apologize my general…” Said a Bisharp sweating bullets. “But there is a group of humans who need some interrogation... “

“And you dare to say some humans are more worthy of my time that the holly labor I am performing right now?” The general softly said with a tone so cold it could freeze.

“No!” quickly replied the soldier with terror. “I-I would never dare to do such thing! I am just following general Zard’s orders ma’am… please… forgive me…” Said at the end the PLA soldier at the verge of tears.

“If its Zard then I guess there is nothing we can do.” Calmly replied the general as she pass walked the soldier with her son in tow. “Forgiveness is yours as is the air you breath. Please, remember to use them more wisely in the future.”

“Yes… thank you ma’am…” Said the soldier as he kept himself from prostrating before the general.

General Voira, considered by many as the second in command on the PLA and the most faithful follower to their commander by all, didn't look the part. She was a Gardevoir beautiful enough for anyone to fall for her beauty alone: male, female or human. Her voice was, as well, nothing like the one who commanded over thousands of killers.

Yet every single one of those cold blooded killers knew well to respect and fear the general.

“Have you learned properly Gard?” She lovingly asked to the Kirlia walking besides her, whom she kept a hand gently on her.

“Yes mother.” Replied the male.

“Good boy.” She praised while stroking her son’s head. “One day you will have to lead others through the righteous path as I am doing right now, so our holy work can be one day completed.”

“Yes mother.” Gard replied with a cherishing voice. “I will make sure to bring many Pokemons to our cause and slay all humans from the face of the Earth!”

“I know you will.” Voira admitted. “But for now you must learn lots and lots okay.” Then they reached the place where the prisoners were been held. “So be sure to keep proper attention.”


A group of humans were held in some bright room adapted for the ordeal, although ‘being held’ was a bit of a mistake, since all three of them were completely unrestrained, yet none of them had been able to move for the past minute.

No matter how hard they tried. Their bodies had lost all mobility, as if they weren’t theirs.

Then a voice broke into their minds.

What have you come here for?” Voira demanded with her sweet and cold mind before even walking into the room.

The soldiers felt as if a limb was repeatedly cut into pieces as the Gardevoir walked in with a Kirlia, yet none of them were able to scream in the slightest. Only the pain and terror in their eyes could tell the supplice what they were going through.

Answer!” She demanded again while releasing the restraints in one of the soldier’s mouth.

“OH LORD! What the hell is going on?” The soldier screamed, then his head was twisted around and fell to the ground.

Answer properly.” Explained Voira as she tossed the limp body to the corner and released the mouth of another soldier.

“AH! We are here to liberate Tsushima from your occupation… god!” Exclaimed the next soldier the best he could within his pain.

Then he felt how his arm was twisted in a very unnatural position.

“GHYA!!”

That is something I already know, what exactly did you come here for?” Voira clarified. “All of you aren’t regular soldiers, your gear tells me that much.” She said while levitating the communication and infiltration devices they once held. “Were you planning to take our great commander down?

“Nowedont’!Nowedont’!Nowedont’!Nowedont’!Nowedont’!” The soldier hushedly replied numerous times, then his other arm was twisted. “AAGGGHHH!”

Don’t you lie to me!” Voira shout quite violently, something that surprised Gard, although this wasn’t rare. If there was a living being she would care for more than even her son, that was without a doubt her glorious commander. “Do you really believe I would buy that story? What would a group of “elite” soldiers want in our holy land but to shut him down?

The soldier wasn’t able to give a proper reply anymore, as the pain on his mind and body was way too much for him to endure. With an exasperated sigh, Voira made all of his limbs twist multiple times, leaving the neck for last.

With a deafening noise of bones cracking, ligaments snapping, organs been pierced and a blood spilling scream, the soldier’s torment finally came to an end.

You” Voira told the remaining soldier, a woman who clearly showed her fear had outmatched her pain long ago. “Because of how poorly your comrades replied I have been left with just you to get any information. So unless you want me to have to ask you repeatedly, you will tell me exactly what I want to hear. Is that clear?

And so she returned the last one her voice.

“We… we are here under an special contractor…” The woman began, Voira keep an expressionless face as she motion her to go on. “They wanted us to… to look for a certain Pokemon.”

Voira’s eyes flashed red for an instant, something the soldier didn’t miss.

“It wasn’t the commander…” The woman said almost respectfully. “It wasn’t him… we were looking for the Pokemon you are keeping hostage here…”

The Gardevoir’s eyes blinked a few times.

And how come you know about our honorable guest?” She asked, now interested on what this human had to say.

“They were already looking for him.” She abruptly replied, tears falling from her cheeks as the fear within her grew larger and larger. “They told us where to go and where to look at… please that is all we were told…”

And your contractor is?” She asked with fake gentleness.

“We don’t know…” Said the soldier while crying heavily. “We never saw our contract, I swear for Arceus!”

Swear it for the commander!” Shout Voira back. “And maybe I will consider your words for true.

“I swear for him, I truly and fully do!” The human quickly did.

Voira keep silent for a moment.

I will believe you.” She finally said while letting go of her hold over the soldier’s body. “I wouldn’t like to stain myself looking into your filthy mind, or with your repugnant blood.” She added while mentally grabbing one of the guns from the rest of the secured items and toss it besides the human. “Here, you can at least have the privilege of ending your disgusting existence for the glory of our commander.

The woman stared at the gun while Voira turned to her son.

“You see Gard, these foul creatures are ease to tame, so long you know what to say and show them who gives the orders.”

As she was saying this, the remaining soldier took grab of the gun she was given and slowly raised its nuzzle, aiming at the Gardevoir's back.

“But never forget…” Voira continued while the gun was properly aimed at her. “It is our holy duty to rid the world of these filthy abominations.”

And then she pulled the trigger. Nothing happen.

“It’s not like these things will properly kill themselves.”

The soldier stared at her gun in disbelieve.

Missing this?” Voira’s voice asked while a magazine floated besides her again immobile body, yet this time wasn’t a mental binding that kept her like this, but simple and pure fear that made a statue out of her body. “I give you an opportunity to help our great and just cause, and still you prefer to make me waste my time.

Then her arm began to slowly move on its own, increasing the human’s fright, if Voira wasn’t going to properly kill her, a heart attack definitely would in short time.

You whose mere presence stains this holy land, defiles the air and challenges our exalted existence. Know this...” The gun then pointed directly at her head while the magazine was slowly introduced on the killing device. “It is with great pleasure that I release this planet from your existence.” The gun’s hammer clicked. “So rejoice, as we have removed one more stain from the beauty of this world.” The trigger was slowly squeezed by her finger, no matter how frantically she tried to stop it. “For the glory of our great commander!

A dull explosion, an splatting sound and an empty case ricocheting on the ground.

“So be it.” Finished Voira with her own voice as she turned to her son, who repeated the same words in blind belief

“Now, we have to go back and continue our holy work.” She warmingly said while taking Gard’s hand, walking him out the now lifeless room. “But first, what would you like to have for dinner?”


Tsushima Island
Somewhere in a forest

The platoon had walked for what had felt like days, finally the sun seemed to disappear on the horizon.

“Tsh.” Cursed the sergeant. “I hoped we could have reached the outskirts of the city by now.” He took out his map again, confirming their position and verifying that in fact, they were a few miles behind. “There is nothing to do then. Corporal, take some men and scout the perimeter, the rest of you start to make a camp. But no fires or tents! I don’t want to give these bastards a chance to spot us.”

The men did as told and quickly most of the platoon was lying under some improvised roofs made out leaves and twigs. All but one soldier, who continued to look at the jungle, as if afraid of it.

Sarge pitied the boy and walked beside him.

“Recruit.” Saluted Sarge.

“S-sir!” He the young man saluted back with a awkward pose. “Just keeping watch, sir!”

“That is okay.” Said Sarge calmly. “But by staying up like this you stand out like an Umbreon on the morning snow.”

“S-sorry sir…” Apologized the recruit, yet he didn’t do anything else.

“Son, just sit down.” Commanded the sergeant as he lead by example, the recruit needed a second to understand what he meant, but finally sat down beside him.

“You are really young.” Sarge said after looking the boy closer. “What will someone as young as you gain by joining something as bloody as war?”

“T-to protect my region, sir!” Replied the Recruit with a military yet hushed tone while also avoiding his superior’s gaze with his helmet.

“You sound like one of those recruiting propaganda.” Joked the young man. “Is that really the reason?”

“It’s way better than the PLA’s sir!” Replied again the recruit.

During the following time from the original invasion, the PLA made sure to deliver as much propaganda as possible in order to demoralize their enemies, they covered every kind of it, from written pamphlets been delivered by Flying-types, to hacking famous web sites via Porygons and Rotoms. In short time, the whole world knew about the virtual destruction of Tsushima and the name of the Pokemon behind those atrocities, all in an attempt of made said name feared by all.

They succeeded.

“It’s all a big pile of Tauros crap kid!” The sergeant exclaimed as lowly as possible. “Both of them. PLA’s is full of sensational stuff made to terrorise masses and ours only talk about defending the free way of bla-bla-bla which translates to ‘go and die for us big-fat-rich farts.”

The recruit chuckled at the last example.

“That is what it is!” Reaffirmed the sergeant.

“But… but what about you sarge?” Asked the boy.

“Me?” Asked back the sergeant with confusion.

“Y-yeah, I mean, if you know all that then why are you still here?”

The sergeant thought how to properly put it into words, finally he said.

“To keep gullible people like you alive.” Then he pointed at the troops they still had. “You see Regi over there? He was confident he would die for his region the first day of service. Ramirez over there did it to get Unova’s nationality, Lisbeth there was running from home.”

Sarge looked at the camp and sighed.

“They all have some random and silly idea of what war was, some easy way to get something or get rid of another thing. So I am here to keep their hides intact.” Explained the young man.

The boy thought on his words and then asked with a bit of regret. “And… what about those left behind sir?”

Sarge’s jaw become rigid at the reminder. “I am just a man kid… there is no way I can save them all.”

“Oh… harsh world huh?” Replied the recruit.

“It sure is… it sure… is…?” Sarge said calmly at first, but then his tone and expression grew worried by the second.

“...sir?” Asked the recruit with confusion.

“Kid… Do.Not.Move!” He commanded in a low tone as he took out his knife and aimed at the youngster’s feet where a vine was slowly coiling around him.

“...what the he-AH!” Before anyone could do anything, the vine snatched the recruit into the forest and out of view.

“KID!” Screamed the sergeant, only to be followed by another scream.

“CONTACT!” which in turn was followed by the sound of bullets.

However, they weren’t being shot in his direction. The fire came from the other side of the camp, where a one handed Scyther had just cut a man on the chest.

The sergeant cursed his luck as he dashed towards the camp. “... sorry kid.”

I WILL SLICE YOU ALL LIKE GRASS!” Screamed the rampant Bug-type. Of course, no one could understand what he was saying, but that didn’t stop the soldiers breaking into disarray and fear.

“God damn it!” Exclaimed one of the soldiers firing directly at the Mantis Pokemon. “Why are bullets bouncing on him!?”

YOUR PATHETIC PEA SHOOTERS ARE NOTHING AGAINST MY CHITIN!” Exclaimed the Scyther while charging at the soldier, bullets doing nothing against its exoskeleton.

The soldier ran out of bullets a few seconds later and was unable to reload in time, not that it would have mattered as the Scyther raised its remaining blade and aimed towards the frightened man.

Yet at the last moment, the man sized Bug-type was suddenly tackled by Sarge. Having only one arm, the Scyther wasn’t able to do anything as both of them hit the ground.

YOU PIECE OF SHIT!” The frenzied Pokemon exclaimed as he tried to stab Sarge, which did its best to stay out of its blade.

The rest of the men were unable to aid him, bullets were ineffective, not to mention they could hurt him instead.

‘Think!’ Sarge commanded to himself. ‘His arm has recently been torned off, and his body looks burned all over. This fucker must have survived the aerial strike somehow,… how the fuck is this thing still standing in the first place?’ Then he noticed how the joints on the Scyther’s body looked more damaged than the Chitin. “Okay…” Said Sarge as he pulled his handgun and aimed at the Bug-type’s eyes. “Rebound this you son of a-”

The gun fired before Sarge could finished his taunt, and even when it took out the Scyther’s eye, it didn’t seemed to do any more damage that that.

MY EYE!” Screamed the Scyther in pain. “YOU LOWLY HUMAN TOOK MY EYE!”

The new pain, however, seemed to give the already enraged Pokemon another reason to get rid of the human pestering him. It a swift movement, the Pokemon raised back on its feet, giving him enough mobility to throw Sarge away with one swift spin.

“Uff!” Heavily landed Sarge beneath a large tree, losing most of the air from his lungs and leaving him too disoriented to know where he was, let alone the enemy. Once his senses returned, he noticed the large Bug-type with its arm raised to strike, yet there was something protecting him, a chubby Audino using her body as a shield for him.

TRAITOR!” Exclaimed the scyther. “DO YOU THINK YOU CAN PROTECT HIM?

I know you can cut us both in one swing.” Replied the Pokemon Nurse, of course, no one could understand either of them. “But I am not a maniac like you and your colleagues! I swore to protect and save those in need, and if I die doing that then I would have died being far more honorable that a fiend as yourself.

Her words didn’t persuaded the Scyther on the slightest, in fact he seemed way more angry now.

THEN DIE A FILTHY PET!” Proclaimed the Scyther as he raised its blade even higher than before, behind his head.

Sarge clenched his eyes expecting their fate. But the Audino hadn't moved her gaze away, that let her saw what happened next.

As soon the Scyther had begun to bring his arm down, a metallic wire had fallen around said arm and neck, leaving the blade pressed against it while a body fell behind it, pulling the other side of the wire and raising the Scyther on the tree.

The Bug-type struggled to broke free, yet all it did was cut further and further into his own flesh, then the shadow gave another pull and finished the job, leaving a headless corpse hanged on the branch.

The shadow then let go of the wire, letting the corpse to fall to the ground with little respect, and turned to the ones he just saved.

“Hey!” He commanded to the Nurse. “That guy over there may still make it.” It took a moment for both, Joy and Blissie, to acknowledge what the young one meant. Meanwhile he turned to the Audino. “Quite some guts you have. Try not to lose them so easily.”

“Wait!” Exclaimed Sarge as he noticed the new voice. “K-kid?”

“Sir.” Replied the young one in a cold yet respectful tone.

Then everyone notice it, the one who have just saved their lives was none other than the recruit.

“But… the vine…?” Asked Sarge in confusion and relieve.

The ‘recruit’ simply pulled out a very large knife covered in some green goo.

“Sir, I’m afraid I need your assistance.” The ‘recruit’ continued, not seeming to mind much about what just happened while placing its knife back on its scabbard.

“On what…?” mindlessly asked the sergeant.

“We need to rescue a V.I.P. from the PLA.”

“A very important person?” Asked Joy from her end, patching the soldier up, in confusion. "They leaf someone alive?"

“No.” The young one replied. “A very important Pokemon.”


“Have you thought about what I have told you?” Aske Voira to her valuable prisoner.

“It’s hard not to when is psychically engraved on your mind.” The poor dragon answered with spite.

“Good, then I am sure you can rejoice!” She exclaimed with an ecstatic tone. “As you have been graced with the greatest visit one could possibly dream to have.”

“Don’t tell me, your commander has decided to come and say hi…?” The prisoner joked.

There was no response.

“No way…”

Suddenly a blast door open, blinding the Pokemon for a moment as he focused whom he had before him.

It was a serpentine Pokemon, black as the night and toxic green hexagonal spots over his back, a length not natural for its kind and an even wider width, the creature seemed as a slightly smaller version of himself save the face, which had a serene and almost condescending look on his eyes, his cold and calculative eyes.

“It is with great humbleness that I stand before a champion of our father.” The visitor said with a tone so elegant and prideful, none would have dared to deny its owner. He then gave the captive a polite yet altive bow. “My dear brother, Lord Rayquaza.”

The lord of the atmosphere had faced many things during his long life, yet this was the first time in all of it he felt such chill run through his spine the moment those blue eyes locked with his. For the first time in forever, the king of dragons felt fear.

“I’m afraid I can’t say the same.” Coldly replied the Sky High Pokemon. “Commander Viper.”

Author's Note:

Here is a little something I been working on with the awesome Evowizard25.

This is a crossover of sorts between his story, A New World, A New Conflict, and mine. But more in the sense of a prequel than an actual crossover. I hope you all enjoy it, because I sure did. I originally wanted to post this as a separate story (as in 'not beside New Game') but since it has no Ponies whatsoever, I end placing it within my story.

BTW: I wanted to add some musical score for this story as well, but I am out of ideas.
All suggestions are well received.

More chapters will be added eventually.

Evo: I would very much like to thank V for taking the time to write for my own characters in ways that I probably wouldn't have been able to, due to either time constraints and other such things. This is honestly a wonderful piece of craftsmanship and I hope you all enjoy it.