• Published 22nd Jun 2014
  • 3,971 Views, 456 Comments

A New World - A New Game - V-Oblivion



How will a group of Pokemon Mercenaries react to be in the friendly word of Equestria? Sidestory to Zeusdemigod131 "A New World, a New Way"

  • ...
17
 456
 3,971

Seventeenth Move

Seventeenth Move
Memento Mori II

Ponyville Equestria
Train Station

As the group had decided to take the last train to Canterlot and were currently waiting for departure, Weiss had to praise their ticket-seller’s professionalism.

"His voice never wavered as he saw us behind you, but by Arceus can your kind bug out those big eyes of yours!" Proclaimed Weiss as he faced Daring from across his seat, Char sitting beside him. Greninja was in the row on the other side of the traincar, carefully keeping Agent Gold company, who would trade his silent companion for a Loudred any day.

Valerie was still looking after Roa on the seats behind Weiss and the others, keeping the Zoroark company and giving her the confidence to stay in her true form. The only one missing was Edge, who preferred to take the air route and thus wait for the rest of the team at the station.

"So what’s our schedule, then?" Asked Char as he took a glass of scotch from the drinker's car, glad to know his favorite poison still existed in this word.

"Go to Canterlot, ask for an audience, give your message, whatever it may be, make a stop in Manehatten so I can drop all these notes I’ve compiled so far, and then we head for Las Pegasus." Replied Daring matter of factly. "But I don't know if we can catch another train at the hour we’ll be arriving."

The explorer let out a tired sigh as she remembered yet another delay.

"Not to mention the Princess would most likely be too busy to receive us." She take a glance out the window and added with a serious tone. "However,she needs to know about what I have found."

"Don't worry, if she turns out to be uninterested, then we’ll improvise," Weiss calmly replied as he leaned back in his seat.

"Should I be worried?" Do inquired to Char.

"Young lady, let's just say improvisation is what we do best."

"Then I should be worried," Daring deadpanned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some minutes past since the train have began to move; Weiss was apparently sleeping, Valerie seemed to be playing some sort of game with Roa, and Greninja continued his staring contest with Gold.

Thus Daring felt the tension of being idly immobile building in her, so she decided to relieve some of it with the only remaining member available: Char.

Because of how differently he acted in contrast with the other mercenaries, the cool Bug-type gave Daring a serious vibe she could only compare with Xavier, although less emotionless. His eyes showed he had seen many battles, yet they also showed he was more than capable of going through another one if he needed to. This reminded her of a certain Griffin who had saved her life during one of her encounters with Callaberon, even when said Griffin was working for him. Because of this, she felt a certain calm when talking with the 'Red Comet,' as his team call him.

"So as far I see, you’re not like the rest of this crazy team. So how did you end up with them then?"

Of all the mercenary members the writer-slash-adventurer had met so far, Char was the first one who actually seemed normal, thus she was curious about him joining such a bizarre group.

The Scizor didn't seemed surprised by the question, almost as if it wasn't so rare.

"Mhm... How should I tell it this time?" Wondered Char, confirming her last suspicion. "I could explain many things about my past to you, but they all took place in a world you do not know, so they would end up being pointless and redundant."

"Then why don't you just tell me how it happened?" Offered Daring.

"That sounds like the smartest thing to do, doesn't it?" Calmly acknowledged the Pincer Pokemon as he took a sip of his glass. "'Start from the beginning,' as some people would say then… but I guess some kind of explanation is still needed."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By what I have heard, you have seen individuals like us in this world, those who will do any kind of job to subside; and I do mean ANY kind of job. To see old veterans in this industry was a real rarity, as you might imagine. Yet I managed to become a known mercenary in my own right and after ten years of sweat and blood, more the latter though, I earned my title of veteran.

So because of my skills, my contractor and I (‘contractor’ was the term mercenary Pokemon used to refer to their trainers, by the way), we were hired to for this very dangerous mission alongside other renowned and blood-thirsty mercs and... let's just say we made one hell of a job, even though we lost a bit more than half of our members.

Once the job was done, we returned to where we were to be paid, but surprise surprise, we were double-crossed by our actual contractors. The typical story of 'tying up loose ends' and all that.

We were all tired and wounded, yet we’d be the world's worst mercenaries if we went down without a fight, and so a fight we gave them. In the end we won, but not without loosing most of the already few members we had left, my 'contractor' included.

There wasn't much between us but a professional relationship, yet she never was mean to me, and she certainly didn't deserved to have met her end in the stomach of a Swalot. Anyways, that’s all in the past.

The ones who managed to take down most of our foes, and the actual owners of that victory, weren’t some overpowered psychopath or a pseudo-legendary; it was a young cold-blooded human and his two companions, a Nidoking and a white Cloyster.

The coordination they showed was beyond anything any of us had ever seen before. In fact, it was as though they were mentally linked instead of simply acting as a team.

Once the dust cleared, some of us found ourselves without a contractor, and at the mercy of others who wouldn’t hesitate to catch some new additions for their team.

"Out of the frying pan..." I said, cursing my exhaustion as another battle was about to begin. Yet everyone around me suddenly went silent, dead silent, as a certain trio walked behind me: the human with cold eyes and his Pokemon. If his gaze wasn't enough to chill one's blood, his blood-splattered body sure did the trick.

He walked beside me and said one single line.

"You can come with us if you want."

And so he walked toward the door with his comrades. For some reason, I felt no hesitation when I heard his words, and I was soon limping after them.

As the four of us left the place, I could hear the roars and screams of those who’d foolishly decided to continue their futile hunt.

Now don't go and think I joined the team because of a mere impression. What made me choose the way I did was something even more unexpected: once we were far away from the battle zone, the boy suddenly collapsed, and he didn't stand up.

Then the Nidoking began to laugh. "That’s what you get for pretending so long!" And then he lifted the boy as if he were a doll, a grumbling noise coming from him.

"Don't mind our boss, he likes to act all hardcore to the point of collapsing, as you may have noticed," added the albino Cloyster. "So what will you do now, Scizor?"

I couldn't believe what I was seeing, the human who seemed to be as cold as a Bisharp when slashing, was currently out cold as a K.O.’d Shuppet, yet the other two seemed to respect, and even care, for such an odd being, so I ended up saying the only thing I could think of at the moment.

"For the meantime, I will join you."

"Suit yourself," said the Nidoking with a shrug.

"And what should we call you in said 'meantime?'" Asked the albino.

"You can call me the Red Comet," I replied as serious as I could, then they laughed.

I didn't mind. All I wanted to know was what made such an strange child so important to the other two, and once my curiosity was satisfied I would leave; 'it will only be for a year at most,' I thought back then.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And then, twenty years passed by, and here we are." Finished Char as he took another sip of his alcoholic beverage.

"Wait, you said this was twenty years ago?" Daring inquired and the Scizor nodded, she then points a hoof at the passenger beside her. "Then how old was he back then?"

"Around fifteen years old," replied the calm voice of Weiss beside her.

This startled Daring and caused her turn to quickly turn to her side, only to find the Bisharp in the very same position, his eyes still closed.

"What is with you guys and scaring people!?" She exclaimed, "And how long have you been on this job?"

"Long enough to be considered a veteran as my comrade before me," he calmly replied.

Daring didn't wanted to know about what could have bring some to the path of war at such young age, although not right now, as she had already started a previous topic with somemon else.

"So, I take you didn't find your answer?" Asked the explorer.

"Oh I did, I definitely did," replied Char. "But when I did, I found myself with something else I never thought I could have: a family. Since this part includes someone dear to me, whom deserves to tell her own portion of the story, I’ll only say that once I found that, I didn't feel the need to foolishly risk my life anymore."

"And now, will you look for a chance for peace here?" The 'sleeping' Bisharp asked.

"Once we find Lala, yes, I will."

Weiss sat up properly in his seat and offered Char a fist, "I hope we can find her quickly then, you deserve this peace."

The Scizor returned the gesture and smiled.

"For every answer I get out of you guys, a ton of new questions pop up as well!" Daring exasperatedly exclaimed.

Weiss chuckled. "We like to keep people guessing."

"And didn't I tell you before: improvising is what we do best."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Griffinheim Empire
Nestin Hold Castle

The circus troupe was excited that Victoria had gave them the green light to perform, and even went on to make the event free and open to the general public, be it either Griffin, Pony, Diamond Dog, Minotaur, or Pokemon.

The crew then placed themselves at the back of the castle, right where an old but large open auditorium was. A ring was placed at the center of the stage, as well as a couple of poles and lines. While the imperial guard watched them like hawks, they had to admit they were really good at placing the set.

As Celestia's sun began to sink into the horizon, the stone tribunes began to be filled with expectant visitors, and though the kinds were really diverse, there were some small groups that stood up and changed location once a Pokemon had sat beside them. However, they didn't leave, which in itself was a start.

For the most part, nothing special happen as the tentless circus was set in place. Shortly before the show’s scheduled starting time, a single Griffin's voice could be heard from all across the area, thanks to the auditorium's construction and the Griffin's strong points as he shouted from his podium.

"Announcing the arrival of Her Majesty, Empress of the great Griffin Empire, Victoria von Griffinheim!"

And then he moved aside, letting Victoria walk into the scene with a serene and relaxed smile for a change. "Greetings my dear subjects, old and new, as well as those from the friendly nations of Equus. I welcome you all to this special event, carried out by a traveling troupe with one goal on their minds: to secure the bonds between Pokemon and us with the power of one of the Elements of Harmony themselves, Laughter!"

There was a welcoming applause which Victoria let for a second and then proclaimed, "Now, let the fun begin!"

And thus there was silence. Next was darkness. Finally there was the sound of music accompanied by some flickering lights and fog covered the stage, shortly after a voice began to proclaim.

"Prepare for trouble!" A strong female voice exclaimed to everyone's surprise, as it was understood by all, meanwhile a Medicham kept her eyes glowing while concentrating.

"And make it double!" Added a male voice with a very sophisticated tone.

"To protect a new world from de-harmonization..."

"... and show a new way to all its nations!"

"To announce the power of truth and love..."

"... and extend our preach to the stars above!"

The light stop flickering and shone bright to reveal a female grinning Pyroar sporting a white ringmaster’s vest who exclaimed, "Jessie!"

Similarly appeared a male Roserade wearing a similar garment, who then added with a sophisticated expression and tone, "James!"

"New Team Rocket shines in purest light!"

"So prepare yourselves for one Heck of a night!"

"Meowth, that's right!" Jumped in a Meowth with a full red ringmaster getup, fake mustache and all.

Finally, a blue blob-like being with a an odd expression sneaked its way behind the trio, silly clown makeup on its face, and a hat over its head as it proclaimed a single, proud line. "WOOOBBUFFET!

While the general public looked interested, mostly because of the special effects and music used for the dramatic opening, though some of the Pokemon seemed to be worried, some even angry, yet curiosity was enough to keep them calm, for the time being at least, as some did recognize the old Rocket trio, yet again curiosity stopped them from doing anything rash.

"I said you weren't supposed to be a part of the introduction!" Demanded Jessie at the clown, whom replied with a sad tone.

"Wobbuffet..."

"But still, how come we can be understood and yet he keeps saying that one line?" Inquired James with an inquisitive look towards the Patient Pokemon.

"Wobbuffet?" Replied the clown with a shrug.

"Maybe he is just too dumb for the translation to work?" Theorized the ringmaster while twirling his fake mustache, to which the Psychic-type retorted with an angry tone.

“Wobbuffet!"

"Or maybe... Just maybe..." Began James, with a serious tone, "Wobbuffet is far more intelligent that we think, leaving any normal means of measurement useless because of how massive his intellect may be?"

"But then, wouldn't he be on par with the great Legendary of legends? Would he be able to stand on pair with even the mighty Arceus!?" Added Jessie with exaggerated overacting.

"If that would be the case..." Stated Meowth, "then could he be the lost link of all Pokemon, could he be the answers to all the incognita on the universe? Could he be the alpha and the omega...? Is... Is Wobbuffet...God?"

The trio looked at its fourth member in awe for a few seconds as a choir sounded in the background. Needless to say Wobbuffet looked quite full of himself, only for them to turn and exclaim in unison.

"As if that could be possible!"

Then they were shot by a random Thunderbolt which sent them flying off as they chanted, "We’re blasting off again!" Finished by a shriek from James and a twinkle in the sky.

After a silent minute the crowd began to react. First there were chuckles, then there were giggles and finally there was laughter, a roaring laughter followed by applause, shortly after the quartet returned surrounded by a blue aura as Wobbuffet's tail eyes shined. Once they landed properly they waved at the audience.

"We welcome you all to tonight's premiere of the whole new Team Rocket!" Began the Roserade, "and we promise you all that you won't be disappointed."

"We know the name we sport for our troupe may bring bad memories," continued the Pyroar, "but that was all left behind in the old world, now we have a chance to make-up for the bad times."

"And what better way to do so than bringing joy, awe, and laughter to this new world!" Finished Meowth.

"Wobbuffet!" Truly finished Wobbuffet as the audience laughed some more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The evening was a glorious one indeed, the audience having the chance to observe an astonishing barrage of acts, from Water-type Pokemon swimming around in small balls of water, to acts of strength and power performed by some Fighting and Rock-types. There was even more laughter when the clown act passed by and a repetitive choir of awe as a pair of Medicham contortioned before the public. If there were any odd acts, they were the one with the Mr. Mime mime, who just gave everyone the willies, and the knife-throwing Lucario; as good as his throwing was, it wasn't quite as impressive when some already knew that his species didn't need to see to hit a mark thanks to their Aura Sense.

The Lucario then made-up for it as he ran, dashed, jumped, and twirled around WHILE throwing his knifes. The resulting roar of excitement from the audience seemed to indicate they had liked his performance in the end, although Jessie didn't seemed quite as happy.

"TELL ME NEXT TIME YOU PLAN TO CHANGE THE ACT, YOU MORON!" Roared the Pokemon tied up on the wooden plank now full of knives.

The crowd cheered and laughed and enjoyed the event, a massive applause making all ears deaf.

Then the whole troupe walked onto the stage, gave a salute to the crowd, and so it ended.

The visitors gave the circus Pokemon another roaring cheer and few minutes later they were leaving the auditorium. Once the place was empty, Victoria turned to Shredder and Roll sitting beside her.

"I see your trust in them was well-placed, I would like to have a talk with the troupe in my chambers if you will," she commanded.

"It will be done," Shredder replied as she, and Roll, exited the area.

Victoria then proceeded to leave as well and wait for the group in the throne room, but was then intercepted by a certain Lucario she had seen earlier that night.

"The knife-thrower if I am not mistaken," she calmly acknowledged the Aura Pokemon as her guards took a defensive position between the Lucario and the Empress.

"Your Highness," he replied as he kneeled before Victoria, the guards didn't drop their stance despite the fact he had somehow been understood.

"I take you have something of importance to tell me then." The ruler inquired as she hid the surprise she got from the Lucario's words. "But I think a more proper introduction is needed, so if you don't mind telling me your name so we can start this conversation properly."

The Lucario stood up and smiled at the empress. "You are definitely not like the rulers we have back home," he said as he gave her a bow and his name. "My name is Jack Walker, Pokemon Ranger. And there is something you may want to know about your guests..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shredder and Roll took their time to reach the auditorium, mostly so they could have some time on their own, hence why they decided to deliver the message themselves instead of sending Linza.

"It was an interesting production, don't you think?" Asked Roll as she kept herself close to her mate's arm.

"True, they delivered just as they promised, I see they can become a powerful influence in these times of doubt." Replied Shredder.

They commented about the parts they liked the most and how well their performance turn out to be, especially considering who was directing. But as the couple began to talk about that, they arrived at the auditorium, where most of the scenery had been removed.

"Skillful and reliable, that is one promising team alright." Shredder announced, praising the troupe as they approached.

"Ah! If it isn't the lady who granted us this opportunity!" Commented Meowth as the couple arrived.

"You were excellent tonight, I am sure the Empress would be glad to have you all around the empire!" Exclaimed Roll with glee.

"We do have a gift for these kind of things," proclaimed James with a twirl of his bouquets, a movement which would made Rouge proud, Shredder thought.

"But we are afraid to tell you that we have other plans." Added Jessie as she struggled to remove her vest.

"I see, that was to be expected." Commented Shredder as she make a motion to them to follow her. "But still, the Empress want to have a talk with you, so if you would?"

"But what about the rest of the troupe?" Roll asked while pointing out the still working Pokemon.

"I am sure they can finish their job once she is done talking to them; besides, the throne room should be big enough. Not to mention one doesn't have the honor to talk to her Highness just like that."

The trio, plus a clown, discussed for a second and then replied at unison, "We would be honored to!"

And so they went to talk everymon, quickly making them all follow the couple across the palace's halls. The large group finally arrived at the chamber of the Throne of Twigs a half an hour later, moving that many Pokemon wasn't so simple and easy when they weren't in their Pokeballs. They awaited outside the throne room as the group share a small story with Shredder and Roll.

"So this was all because of this dude's help, we are thankful for his kindness, we only wish he joined us as well." Said Meowth as he finished the story of how a former human, and an old acquaintance of theirs, had help them to convince some Pokemon to join their troupe at the outskirts of a small town.

"But it was from then on that the rest decided to join on their own." Pointed James as he looked at the rest of their troupe. "Each bringing something new and special to the act."

"True, we owe them our current success." Admired Jessie. "I wonder why we never thought to do this back home..."

Roll then noticed something. "Isn't one of your members missing?"

Meowth was about to notice it as well when a guard finally came to greet them.

"Her Highness will see you now," The Griffin said almost mechanically and then returned inside.

Shredder didn't say anything about it because of the guests, but she felt something was off.

The whole group enter the spacious chamber and place themselves before Victoria, who sat upon her philosophical throne with a serious expression.

'That isn't right...' Though Roll too as they awaited for the Empress to begin.

"Good evening traveling troupe," she began. "I am pleased to tell you that I found your performance more than interesting and that I truly can't remember the last time I had so much fun in this castle."

However, Victoria's expression didn't seemed to say that. In fact, she gave them an expression Shredder recognised as the same one she used the first time they met. Luckily, or unluckily, the Rockets couldn't have know this fact.

"We thank you for your kindness, Your Highness." Replied Meowth at the head of the group as the Medicham translated.

"But it was mostly the effort of our companions which made this enjoyment possible." Added Jessie besides the Normal-type.

"I am sure of that." Retorted the empress coldly.

The Pokemon at the throne room didn't know if she was been serious or threatening, although Shredder and Roll did know.

"You see," began Victoria after a pause, "I heard about the kind of team the Rockets were back on Earth." The troupe began to murmur. "But even so, it pales in comparison to the newer information I’ve just received from a very unexpected source."

At this mention, the knife throwing Lucario walked into the scene, seriously looking at the group he supposedly belonged to as if where some sort of dirt on the floor.

"This gentlemon has taught me about how this ‘Team Rocket’ acted back on your world."

Victoria kept silent for a minute, allowing her words to be discussed among the troupe, who didn't take long to begin to whisper about this fact. All save the trio at the front, which seemed to suddenly have lost all color. Satisfied with the results she continued.

"I just can't come to understand what moved so many hard working and honest Pokemon to work alongside these... Ruffians, and that is giving them a proper title, while the terrible acts they once did still linger as terrible stories."

These words turned the little murmurs into a more heated discussion. The Pokemon began to question themselves.

Roll on her side was growing angry, not at the Rockets though, but at Victoria for doing something she considered to be so cruel after they had just given such a fun filled night to her and everyone else. She was about to jump into the discussion when her mate stop her.

"What? Why are you stopping me?" She asked with comprehensible surprise.

"We are part of the empire now," Shredder told Roll as calmly as her own discontent allowed. "We now have to show respect to OUR empress and trust on her rule."

Roll wanted to ignore her beloved and jump to aid the trio, but she too felt she had to believe, if not in Victoria, at least in Shredder.

"So, tell me 'Team Rocket’, what right do you all have to be trusted by these Pokemon after all you have done?" Inquired the ruler with a cold tone and icy glare.

Finally there was silence, as Victoria awaited for their reply, the troupe glared at their backs and the Lucario just smiled besides the throne.

"..."

"..."

"..."

The trio seemed to have no comeback and thus their future seemed even more uneventful.

Finally, somemon spoke.

"Wobbuffet!" Proclaimed one of the clowns. "Wobbu-wob wobbu, ffet Wobbuffet, wooooobbuffeeet!"

As each word left the Psychic-type's lips, a fingerless arm pointed and waved at Victoria as if he was trying to make his point even more clear.

"... I... I'm sorry but I don’t think I got that, is there something wrong with the translation?" She inquired to both the Lucario and the Medicham, both giving her a shake of their heads and a shrug of confusion.

"I'm afraid he… DID mean to say that," Added Shredder on her end, just as confused as the empress.

However, someone seemed to have indeed understood as the trio chuckled.

"Seriously, you always pick the worst moments to interrupt!" Commented Jessie as she gave the Patient Pokemon a friendly nudge.

"But I guess that’s what makes him worthy of our team, isn't it?" Added James with a nod.

Meowth wiped a tear of joy from his eye and then faced Victoria.

"Your Highness! We have no right to deny any of the horrible things that the Team Rocket of Earth once did." It was obvious the trio had lost their initial shock as he continued. "I’ll admit that we belonged to that horrendous group, and that we even aided in some of said atrocities, but we did believe at the time that we were leading the world to a better place."

"But worry not Your Highness," interjected James. "We are no longer that blind. We opened our eyes thanks to a... it feels sligthly odd for me to say this, but it was thanks to an old friend of ours that we finally decided to end that chapter of our lives."

"We left that Team Rocket and began to look for our own paths after that." Continued Jessie with nostalgia. "I presume that saying we didn't do that well on our own is an understatement. We roamed the world in search of a place to call our own. All we found was nothing but distrust and despise, it’s not as if we didn't deserve it though."

The trio looked at the floor for a moments each tinking of the hardships each of them had to go on their own.

However, it was Meowth who broke the silence as he again looked directly at the empress right on the eye.

"Yet for some reason, Lord Arceus deem us not only worthy to reach this world, but he also put us right back with each other." The Normal-type smiled as he remember how they had reacted when they first woke up in Equus.

"We knew that something, if not Arceus himself, had brought us together like this. We knew there had to be a reason for it!" Exclaimed James as he remembered how natural it felt to be reunited with his old team, despite the circumstances they were in.

"We then arrived at a single conclusion," Said Jessie. "We were given a new chance to make amends, not only for the things we did, but for the things the whole of Team Rocket destroyed."

"We decided to remove the stigma our actions had created and most likely resided in the minds of countless Pokemon and humans," James finished.

"We took it upon ourselves to make the words 'Team Rocket' normal once more, so the people of this world never have to fear them ever again." Explain Meowth with a stern expression. "So to answer your question Your Highness..."

Every creature in the throne room remained silent as the Scratch Cat Pokemon replied.

"We don't have any right to to be trusted by these great and talented Pokemon."

The room was filled with murmurs again, although they didn't seemed as heated as before.

"At all, we start this crusade to become trusted by Pokemon." Added James.

The room was silent again as the trio turned around and faced the circense group.

"Even though you all have the right to hate us." Jessie pointed out, "We truly are thankful for your help, and we wish you all, even if you decide to abandon us, the greatest of futures in this new world."

Finally the room was filled with gasps as the trio bowed respectfully at their companions.

"We are truly sorry for what we once did."

The room then become silent save for the metallic steps of a certain Bisharp.

"I know it is not my place to question your commands Your Highness," Shredder began as she placed a hand over James' shoulder. "But I do believe they have given you a proper answer, even when it was quite incomplete, yet I can assure you they will find a more complete one eventually."

Victoria silently looked at her servant with the same expression of before. Only for it to turn into a softer smile.

"I told you she would eventually stand for them." She told the Lucario, who was now smiling as well. "I thank you sincerity Lady Shredder, but I think their answer is already complete for me."

The trio and the troupe turned to the empress with surprise.

"I have to admit that we have no right to judge any action done in a world beyond our own. It's simply out of our jurisdiction." She chuckled at her own words and continued. "Not to mention their own god saw them as worthy to come here, meaning they do mean well to this world as well as to the inhabitants of the old one."

The trio smiled and thanked Victoria for her wisdom while the troupe began to apologize with their friends for ever doubting their resolution.

"I assume you wanted to see the will which drives them," Shredder analyzed before she glanced at the Lucario. "But I also see this is something Your Highness wouldn't do if it weren't for the intervention of a third party."

"And that’s why I owe them an apology," the Lucarios said as he jumped off the throne and walked toward the larger group.

Shredder was about to say something else, but one of the Rockets cut her thoughts.

"That voice!" Meowth exclaimed with disbelief.

"But he looks different!" Seconded Jessie.

The Lucario simply smiled as he rubbed a paw over his face, removing some sort of makeup and revealing the blonde fur that lied beneath the blue coloration.

"I thought you guys would have recognize me if I didn't wear a disguise."

"Jackie!" Exclaimed the trio, and a couple of the other Pokemon as the now Shiny Lucario stood before them.

"You know him?" Roll asked as she too approached the group.

"He’s the guy who helped us with the Circus to begin with!" James answered.

"Top Ranger, Jack Walker." the Lucario introduced himself. "I know how much they tried to made up for their wrongs back on Earth, so I helped them as much as I could to recruit members for their idea. But I also knew some Pokemon may still hold a grudge against Team Rocket and it would only be a matter of time for the gossip to reach the ears of those ruling, then they would have to face their greatest threat here: prejudice."

"Mister Walker then informed me about who these three were and the plans they had," Victoria commented from over her throne. "And asked me to bring this burden upon them as harshly as possible. Worst case I would have apologize to them, even when it would have meant for them to start all over again."

'What kind of point of view is that!?' Mentally exclaimed the trio.

"But still you guys passed, now all you have to do is to keep a hold of these thoughts whenever you find those willing to question your resolve!" Added Jackie with a smile.

The group think about the ranger's twisted idea of a test, yet they had to admit he was right. If they ever had to face such a threat again, they will be sure to know how to reply. Not to mention the rest of their group will be behind them for real as well.

"However..." Shredder broke the happy thoughts as she held Jackie from the shoulder, hard. "You snuck into the castle and reached the Empress without proper announcement, that can easily be taken as an act of war." Proclaimed the overly serious Bisharp.

"C-come on, I am sure that when the circumstances deem it necessary, even you would sneak into a place to make your point, right?"

"I’ll have you know, you cur, that my guild upholds honor in the highest regard. They would never break into a castle in order to make a royal visit!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canterlot, Equestria
Just outside of Canterlot Castle

"We need to break into this castle in order to make a royal visit!" Proclaimed Weiss.

"That was a mouthful," commented Daring with sarcasm. "And you do know I‘m the one in a hurry, right?"

"Can you blame me?" Weiss snapped back. "They gave us the 'too late for a visit' cliche!"

It was not surprising Celestia wasn't too eager to meet with Daring after a whole day receiving Ponies and Pokemon with lots of complains. Yet Weiss was again showing no signs of patience as he wanted to finish this whole thing as fast as possible, thanks to the letter Daring sent to Xavier before taking the train, telling him of the change in the meeting location.

Now a little explanation of how Equestrian mail service worked.

Apparently when an express letter was sent, a mailpony was personally sent towards the destination as long the direction of the city and a small description of the intended recipient was added. And Xavier was somemon hard to miss, thus it was just a matter of time for him and the rest of the team to read the message and change course towards Manehatten.

So Weiss wanted to end this as fast as possible.

"I like to be punctual," Added Weiss as Greninja and Char returned from exploring the castle's possible entrances. "Okay," began Weiss once the explanation was finished, "we are going to need a small group for this, so..." He looked at his team, Valerie, Roa and Gold included, and then proclaimed "Valerie and Char, you two stay near the train station and look after those two." He pointed at the PLA members, Roa cowering behind the Togekiss as a result. "Edge, you fly over the castle and standby in case we need a quick escape route."

The Noivern nodded and took off.

"Okay, that leaves Daring, Greninja and me to get inside." And so the group split up; Edge flying into the night sky silently, Valerie and Char taking Roa and Gold back towards the station while the remaining three walked around the castle.

Almost an hour later, the infiltration group made it into a portion of the back garden which wasn't as guarded as the rest, mostly because of the gigantic pink diamond heavily guarded on the front one.

"Well, that is a sight I didn't expect to find here." Commented Weiss as they sneaked around.

"You mean the Sundial?" Whispered Daring. "Arceus mentioned he brought it along with other things in order to help some Pokemon evolve."

"Makes sense," the Bisharp replied as they made it into the castle's library through one of the windows. "I doubt some Pokemon would like this world without the a proper way to develop themselves..."

Suddenly Weiss and Greninja realized something.

"That means they can... Oh boy, we have some stones to look for." The mercenary happily thought as Greninja smiled as well.

Daring on her end, for a change, wasn't lost on their line of thinking, yet she couldn't question them as they had to focus on the shore at hoof.

Thanks to Daring's wings, Greninja's adhesive digits, and Weiss' claws, the group was able to stay clear of any passing patrol they encountered, the harder been some Bat Ponies, whom had better night-vision and hearing. But they soon found out that as long they keep still and out of sight the night guard was easy to avoid. Or as easy as Daring having to carry both mercenaries and remain airborne as the patrol SLOWLY passed by.

"Huaaaa!" Gasped Daring once the latest Bat Ponies had passed by. "I thought he would never leave!"

"Are we getting closer?" Questioned Weiss as they reached the ground and start running once more.

"Just a couple of hallways away," replied the explorer. It was a good thing she had been to the castle so many times before, it made her remember the inner structure out of repetitiveness. "This is the last one."

The group made it into a hallway full of stained glass murals, each depicting some part of Equestria's history, some older than others, some more colorful than others, but all depicting the many achievements the kingdom had made over the centuries.

"I must admit no place back in Kalos is this shiny, save perhaps the champion's chamber." Joked Weiss as they reached the end of the hallway.

A quick sneak peek from the door told them they were in the right place, as a wide hallway stand at the other side of the door with only two elegant doors on each side. A quartet of guards that consisted of a single member of each race, night guard included, made sure the royal chambers wouldn't be disturbed.

"It’s a good thing that they’re so orderly," Weiss commented as he took four needles out of his coat, a bluish substance covering each of them. "That makes them so much easier to hit..." Daring give the Bisharp a quick inquisitive look, which the mercenary catch on and added. "They will only sleep for a couple of minutes."

The door then opened with a quick swing, alerting the guards and making them turn. But as they did this, the four small projectiles hit their marks on their necks, knocking them out shortly after.

"Coast is clear." Whispered Weiss as the other two enter, carefully closing the door behind them, Weiss on his end retrieved the needles as gently as possible. "Thank you Rouge."

Do on her side motioned a soundless 'sorry' to the now sleeping guards, then she proclaimed. "Okay, let’s not waste any more time then!" She said as she trotted towards the door with a royal sun design emblazoned upon it.

She was about to knock the door when suddenly Weiss yanked her by the neck.

"Wha..!?" Her complaint was literally cut short as a blade swung right on the spot her head was just a second ago.

The blade stopped before it hit the ground and raised itself before the trespassers, much for the explorer’s utter surprise as the sword seemed to be wielded by no one. Instead, she noticed how the wide silver and golden blade possessed a pair of tassel-like arms of some sort, one of them carrying a circular shield almost as big as the sword itself. A lone purple eye right beneath what appeared to be the hilt looked directly at them as it spoke with a deep, spectral voice.

"Intruders...!" Said the Aegislash as he kept a fighting stance.

It was a mere whisper of a sentence, but the tone showed how serious the Royal Blade Pokemon was in having to deal with them. Daring wasn't sure which she was more impressed by: the gigantic, floating AND talking sword, or the fact that Weiss was smiling at it.

"I see this place has a more proper defence than I thought, but I am afraid you are forgetting one little detail."

If the Steel/Ghost-type could, he would be raising an eyebrow in confusion as Weiss finished.

"There are two of us here." He pointed to himself and Daring. "We are three."

The Aegislash processed and realized what the intruder had just said too late as a shadow jumped right at him from behind.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few minutes earlier.

Princess Celestia, co-ruler of Equestria and one of the world's oldest monarch, was having a very tiring and extenuating day. Not only had she been through so many new experiences in barely a week, which given her age was a new personal record, but she was also having trouble dealing with the constant doubts, complaints, and events that Arceus had caused in moving the Pokemon to Equus.

"I know he has his children’s future in mind..." She said to herself. "But couldn't he have asked before hoof? Was it really that hard?"

"Lord Arceus may have had too many things on his mind." Calmly replied a white-blonde fox with nine tails gently flailing around beside the ruler's bed.

"You Pokemon truly take Arceus' command as law, don't you?" Celestia sarcastically retorted as she thought she could really use a big slice of a Marzipan Mascarpone Meringue Madness right now.

'Ka-chan. Kloooong!'

The solar princess and the Fox Pokemon turned towards the source of the noise, both intrigued at what could it be, but mostly wondering why a guard hadn’t already broken into the room to inform her of something or at least apologize about what happened.

Yet there was nothing but silence.

Finally, Celestia stood up from her bed and gave Ninetales a single command. "Wait here."

The ruler open the door with her magic. There was no one.

That alone told her how wrong this was, as there were supposed to be at least four guards outside her and Luna's rooms. Wanting to at least know what had caused the clatter from before, she carefully peeked into the hallway. Darkness was all she saw.

She was starting to felt an eerie chill running down her spine when a single line cut her line of thought.

"Tia..." Ninetales said in a meek and fearful tone, "Help."

Celestia let out a sigh as she turned back. "I'm afraid this isn't time for... games...!?"

"My apologies for this sudden intrusion," Weiss said as he gently patted the Fire-type at the other side of the room.

"..."

The solar princess had been confronted by many weird and unexpected creatures in her life. Most of the time said creatures boast and shout as soon they meet. Yet this was the first time she was approached in such a sneaky yet subtle way.

"I'm afraid I have to ask you to release her" she calmly asked as she walked back into her room and saw the confused look Ninetales was giving her.

"Don't worry Your Highness," Weiss politely replied as he immediately stopped petting the large multi-tailed creature. "I had no intention of harming her, nor do I plan to use her as a hostage." As if to make his point, Weiss waved at Ninetales to leave.

The Fox Pokemon didn't doubt a second as she jumped off the bed and right beside Celestia's side.

"... I thank you." Acknowledged Celestia. "But I must ask what brought you to made such an abrupt entrance."

"Well there is something we wanted to discuss with you, Your Highness." Answer the Bisharp with an elegant bow. "But for the time being, I was merely making sure I had your attention."

The princes was about to say something else, but then...

'Ka-chan'

The sound of the door closing behind her halted her current train of thought. She then turned to see a bipedal frog carrying the unconscious form of her self-proclaimed bodyguard into the room and placed him in a corner with outmost care.

"I am so sorry for this Princess Celestia!" Exclaimed a Yellow Pegasus from beside the frog which Celestia knew well.

"Miss Daring, are these..." Celestia glared daggers at the Pokemon before continuing. "Gentlemon friends with you?"

"I'm afraid ‘friends’ is a tad extreme, Your Highness. Let's just say they are my employees for the time being."

"Oi!"

"But we mean no harm Princess, we just happen to be in a bit low on time to properly wait for the open court tomorrow."

"Coming from you miss Do, I understand this must be something of great importance. But couldn't you look for a more polite way to give me your message?"

"I apologize for these guys." The explorer said cheapishly. "They have this tendency to take the hardest route possible."

"That seems to be the case." Replied Celestia as she watched Weiss walk beside Daring. "But I'm afraid we have yet to be properly introduced."

"The name’s Weiss, your Highness. And these here is my colleague Greninja." Replied the mercenary in a polite voice as the Ninja Pokemon bowed to the ruler. "I am the leader of my humble guild, Checkmate. And I have a little message for you, but where are my manners? Mares first!"

And with that said, he calmly waited for Daring to give her story first, much to the princess' curiosity.

"Your Highness, I’ll get straight to the point: I just found out Tlaloque is looking for a way to perform some forbidden ritual which includes living sacrifices to work." Celestia gasped at the news, yet she remained silent, letting Daring continue. "I will go with these guys and see what can we find and, if necessary, stop whatever that cloaked freak has in store before anyone ends up hurt."

Celestia took another deep breath and replied, "I can't believe Ahuizotl and his kind continue to cause so much trouble, even after so many decades. I would like to take part of this adventure of your’s Miss Do, sending some guards to look for the creature and aid in your search. But the current circumstances with the Pokemon," here the ruler gave another glare at Weiss, although not as cold as before, before continuing, "have my hooves tied. However, I do wish to properly read all about it once things settle down." The Princess joked with a chuckle.

"I’m certain it will be my greatest work yet!" the writer claimed with certainty. "But I would at least suggest you to keep an eye out for Tlaloque or Ahuizotl, even the smallest bit of information could help me... us, to stop them in their tracks."

Celestia smiled as she gave Daring a nod. Then she turned to Weiss with an less gentle expression.

"I believe you said you had a message for me, but can I inquire who would send such a being to deliver this message?"

"Empress Victoria" Weiss replied nonchalantly.

"... What?" Celestia replied back in confusion.

"I believe you must know by now that Her Excellency has managed to give Pokemon a place in the Empire, with a bit of our help of course. As such, she has given my humble team a single mission."

"And what kind of mission would include sneaking into my personal chambers to tell me?" Celestia asked gently but coldly.

"To show off!" Weiss again replied as if it were nothing.

Needless to say, Celestia's confusion only grew.

"At least while we look for the other members of my team," Added the Bisharp. "This little visit is mostly to inform you that we may end causing a bit of... let's say noise, from time to time. But I assure you, we will be looking to keep the peace and balance between Ponies and Pokemon as long as we are here." He then added with pride. "In the name of the Empire of course."

"I still don't see why Victoria would take an individual such as yourself under her wing," Celestia concieded.

"Defeating an entire invading army does do wonders when meeting rulers." Dryly added Daring.

Celestia blinked in disbelief, but decided to personally ask Victoria when the chance came.

"At any rate, I think you’d at least have a bit of 'respect' towards this land since you had come to tell me about your intentions." Sarcastically commented the princess. "But I am afraid that even with Victoria's aid I must put you under custody."

"And that's our cue!" Exclaimed Weiss as he walked around Celestia, with Greninja and Daring following closely behind.

"No offence Princess Celestia," Daring added apologetically as she followed the mercenary, "but I’m responsible for these guys as long as we’re here, and I really need to get to Manehatten as soon as possible; having them locked up will only throw off my schedule even more."

"I see your point miss Daring, but Arceus clearly said Pokemon had to follow the rules of this world, and last time I check breaking into private property was cause enough for arrest."

"Yeah we aren't really known for following rules," noted Weiss as he smiled, "and I’m sure the rest of my team will agree." A slick smile crossed the Bisharp's lips as he looked behind the Solar Princess.

Another cold chill passed through the ruler's back as she turned to look behind her. Only to find the room just as it was a second ago, empty.

"Made you look!" exclaimed the mercenary with a chuckle as he suddenly opened the door leading to the balcony, and then jumped into the night, followed again by Greninja and Daring.

A huge blur appeared a second later with the trio of trespassers on its back as it flew away into the night.

Celestia could only watch as the group escaped, then finally some guards dashed into the room. Or at least they tried to as they stumbled around with dizzy eyes.

"Y-your Highness! A-are y-you... Are y-you..."

"I am fine Sergeant," Celestia addressed the still-disoriented guard. "I’d rather worry about yourselves."

"They look like Spindas," Ninetales pointed out.

"I would suggest you all to lay down for a little." Celestia said as she moved some pillows from her bed to the guards' hooves. She didn't know what they used to knock them all out, meaning it would be dangerous to try removing it with magic. "Rest for now, I... I think the effects will pass soon." She admitted as she thought over about what just happen.

Then the door was opened once more as the second ruler of Equestria enter the room.

"Sister, is everything alright? I heard some noi..." The Princess of the Night looked at the scene and frowned. "Oh come on! Why do I always miss the action!?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I hope we can scan this city once Xavier returns, I can't shake the feeling we are forgetting someone here" pointed Weiss as they reached their destination.

The trio quickly jump off the back of Edge and run for the train, where Char was currently awaiting for them. He swiftly take them in with his calm demeanor as the train began to move.

"So how did the meeting go?" Asked the Red Comet as he guide the group to their seats.

"Same old, same old!" Simply replied the clothed Bisharp.

"So we may be banned from this country? That is a shame." Commented Char as he give the city passing by the windows a glance. "This is such a wonderful city, I hope we can come back."

"We will." Declared Daring as they reached their seats, Valerie and Roa already talking with each other. "We only need to give this story a proper ending and things will be okay."

"By the way." Noticed Weiss as he remember something. "Why are we going to Manehatten anyway? Don't you said your contact was in Las Pegasus?"

"I need to deliver my transcript." She replied.

Weiss give her a stern look as he added. "What about mail?"

"I prefer to deliver these myself. Not to mention I need to tell the owner of a certain artifact that he just lost a piece of Griffinheim's history!"

The look on Weiss face didn't change. "It was just a glorified key."

"..." Daring tried to look as stern as possible, yet she fail miserably as she let out a sigh. "I need to retrieve something from a vault I have there. I know this guy in Las Pegasus, he’ll give us the information we need in exchange for something of great value. And I happen to have my collection of 'personal souvenirs' there."

"You mean the treasures you get from your adventures?" Asked Char with a smirk.

"Hey! Adventuring isn't a profitable career. I need to get the bits for traveling, gear, intel."

"What about the books?" Questioned Weiss.

"Charity." Replied Daring right away. "They’re mostly for personal fun, never thought they would become popular back when I start them."

On the other side of the seat's row, a lone Agent Gold looked at the group happily talking, while he had to endure the continuation of Greninja's staring contest.

"I can't believe I’m saying this, but I really miss the Commander right now..."

Author's Note:

And so I finally managed to catch on with my writing. Now I have to press on so I don't start slaking.

Evo: Again, it has been an honor working with V. Hopefully you enjoyed the labor he put into this story.

SK789: Okay, this chapter was REALLY fun for me. I have to admit, I was a bit worried about how the Team Rocket trio would be depicted when they first showed up in chapter 15, but things with them turned out even better than I could’ve hoped for. I just really love those three idiots and I’m glad they have a chance at redemption. Also, Weiss was already a Merc at the tender age of 15? That means he probably killed his first man at his 10th birthday.

Tdnpony: Once again, a fine chapter. This has been one of my favorite chapters so far.

Also I forget to add this last time, sorry!

Bubba: Bubba was here.
Which is odd since he doesn't read my story.

-Pokemon of the day:

Pyroar (Jessie) Meowth (As himself)
Lucario Shiny (Jack Walker) Wobbuffet (As himself)
Aegislash (Excalibur) Ninetails (As herself)