• Published 21st Jun 2014
  • 992 Views, 13 Comments

The Sea's Pearl - lyra_lover777



Fluttershy and Big Macintosh are swept into an adventure under the sea to help a mysterious race fight back.

  • ...
10
 13
 992

Chapter 3

"Long ago, there was no land. Only the sky and sea. In the cloud realm, all were alicorns, with horns for magic, wings for flying, and strength for other things. The ocean realm was filled with alicorns, too. But these alicorns had spikes instead of horns, fins instead of wings, and strength in our hearts to love. They were called hippocampi. Every sea pony is a hippocampi today and then. Every alicorn in both realms had equal power so none could over come the others. They were not immortal. Then one day one alicorn in the sky was born with the smallest amount more power than the others. The princesses named Luna and Celestia became jealous. They stole all her powers, leaving her a unicorn, the first unicorn. She fell from the clouds and drowned. They then tried it on their parents. Both the King and Queen became earth ponies and fell to the sea, drowning. Then they stole the powers of their brother. He turned into a pegasi and flew away, but eventually became to tired to fly and fell to the ocean, drowning. Meanwhile, the hippocampi watched helplessly as ponies fell from above and drowned. Soon the two sisters had killed half of the sky ponies. They didn't want to kill off everyone so they had no subjects and servants, but the powerless alicorns could not stand on the clouds and would die. Then Celestia had an idea. What if they raised the sea floor so the powerless ones could stand? Then they could also suck powers from hippocampi. They worked together and raised most of the sea floor, beaching and killing billions of sea ponies. They drained the powers of all the beached sea ponies and all the other alicorns, who became unicorns, pegasi, and earth ponies, the first citizens of Equestria. They were stronger than the hippocampi and every day they would use the gift given to them, the Elements of Harmony, to take away more ocean. But we fought back with the Sea's Pearl. When others threatened their reign such as Discord, they defeated him easily. Then one day Luna took more power than Celestia and became Nightmare Moon. Angry at her sister, she banished her to the moon. This was her fatal mistake. This enabled us to fight back because there was only one sister to fight. We regained ocean. But then Luna returned. They quickly overtook miles of ocean. We are crumbling. Help us fight these murders of billions. We will die out if you do not join us."

They all sat in silence as they processed the information.

"But if the Sea's pearl didn't totally destroy them every other time, why will it now?" asked Fluttershy.

"Because tommorrow is the million year anniversary of the creation of hippocampi. It is also the anniversary of the alicorns creation.
We will be our strongest. They will to. That is why they killed our kindess bearer, Sea Pup. Now they will overwhelm us if we don't have a complete Sea Pearl. So what do you say, Fluttershy. Will you join us?"

"Yes, I will."