• Published 21st Jun 2014
  • 995 Views, 13 Comments

The Sea's Pearl - lyra_lover777



Fluttershy and Big Macintosh are swept into an adventure under the sea to help a mysterious race fight back.

  • ...
10
 13
 995

Chapter 2

It had been a day since Fluttershy had been saved by King Oceania and his soldiers. They had unchained her and led her, Big Macintosh, and the unicorn filly, whose name was Dinky Doo, to a large chariot pulled by two golden armored blue whales.

The trio was brought to the sea ponies' capital city , Aquantis. All Fluttershy had been told was the slavers were outlaws, sea ponies no longer citizens of Aquantis, and that there formal name was was hippocampi, thank you very much when she had called them sea ponies.

The hippocampi hadn't told them anything else, only lead them to lavish rooms where they fell asleep. The three had been promised an explanation in the morning.

They all met outside in the hall and were lead briskly to a small library with a golden throne in the middle and three smaller chairs in front, facing towards the throne. On the throne sat King Oceania.Fluttershy and the other two bowed deeply. "Your highness," Fluttershy squeaked.

"There is much to speak of, but not much time. First of all, I am sorry we couldn't rescue you earlier than we did, but we were actually searching for you all." the king told the ponies. Their jaws dropped.

"You see, we need you to complete the Sea's Pearl, Fluttershy, the hippocampi's equivalent of the Equestrian Elements of Harmony. You are needed to fill the spot of Kindness. Big Mac, you will be useful in battle as a soldier. And Dinky Doo, your magic will become amplified in water. Try to levitate me."

Dinky Doo usually could only lift a quill, but in that moment a surge of magic went through her horn and all three of the others and hundreds of books lifted into the air and swirled around and were set gently into the right spots.

"You are no Element of Magic, but you show very strong capabilities."

Just at that moment, a flash appeared on Dinky Doo's flank. A blonde star the color of her hair was surrounded by six bubbles, each holding a star for every color of the rainbow.

"MY CUTIE MARK!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"
As you can tell, Dinky was very excited.

"But wait," said Fluttershy "Wouldn't I have to be a sea po-, I mean, a hippocampi, to be a weilder?"

"But what if I told you that you are, at least, part hippocampi," the king remarked.

Fluttershy's jaw dropped again. The only noise was Dinky singing" I got my cutie mark, it looks awesome!!!!" over and over again.

"Fluttershy, your grandfather was a soldier in my grandfather's army. Big Mac, Granny Smith's husband was a hippocampus, a messenger to be exact. And Dinky, your great- great grandfather was a hippocampus also, actually a baron. I can take this part of you and shape you into a hippocampus, and you can help us fight back against Equestria."

"Why would we want to do that??" asked Fluttershy shyly.

"Oh, I almost forgot the story...."

Author's Note:

Sorry that this is a short chapter, but I didn't want to reveal everything in one chapter!!