• Published 29th Oct 2011
  • 2,612 Views, 20 Comments

Harmony and Balance - BlazingShadowBrony



The Elements of Harmony aren't the only elements in Equestria. Six stallions hold the other ones.

  • ...
5
 20
 2,612

Chapter 3-Emotional Laughter and The Kindest Leader

Chapter 3

Emotional Laughter and the Kindest Leader

"Why are the preparations not complete?"

"Um...apologies sir but the spell-casters just aren't fast enough."

"They'd better hurry, or else I will be the first thing they worry about."



---------------------------



Firewing was feeling a lot more comfortable. Twilight was nice and reassuring of the group...short one...that toured the town. Soon it got dark, and Twilight took them to one last destination. It was her home, the library, that was situated in it's own spot. No homes surrounded it, and no other businesses were close to it. It was then that the missing stallion returned with a mare the stallions had yet to meet. They all caught up and introduced themselves to each-other, before being invited inside.

Twilight smirked then said, "Could somepony get the lights?" Knowing one of the stallions would comply, and sure enough, Windy found the light-switch with no problem and as he flicked it on...

"SURPRISE!"

Nearly everypony in Ponyville was there, and had the place decorated for a party. Windy was so happy that there was a party being held that he didn't even bother to figure out who it was for before he was dancing. Red was surprised, quickly got over it and was smiling. The twins simultaneously jumped and looked around nervously, nearly passing out. Storm looked at Rainbow, who only rolled her eyes. Firewing literally fainted and a goat bleated nearby.



---------__________



The party had been going for a while, Windy had went off and joined Pinkie like they were best friends, and the other stallions went off and talked with the mares who they met earlier in the day all, except for Firewing. He had recovered from his embarrassing predicament, and was staying near the punch bowl. He was trying to remain inconspicuous, and was doing really well, until he saw a flash of familiar colors. He saw a flash of soft yellow with a nice light pink, it seemed familiar but he couldn't place where he had seen those colors before, but he somehow managed to remember they were friendly.

Fluttershy was still wondering why she was here, she had never even seen these stallions before. But Pinkie insisted she come anyways. She sighed, she had managed to avoid the new stallions so far, but she too shy to even introduce herself.

"Um...hi."

Fluttershy squeaked and turned seeing an orange stallion also being startled. "Oh my! I'm so sorry!" He said, a noticeable blush appearing on his face, "I...um, just wanted to...um..." he started mumbling under his breath. Fluttershy looked at the stallion closer, while still managing to keep her face hidden behind her hair. His coat was a brilliant shade of orange, like a sunset! His mane was blood red, but it fit him, just like his mane-do. It was like a fire in the wind, she couldn't see his tail, but she assumed it was the same. It was at that time she realized that an awkward silence hung around them. She wanted to speak, but her body wouldn't let her, she was afraid of her first impression and didn't want to botch this chance. Fortunately, Pinkie came over, "Are you having a good time? I know I'm having a good time!"

"Oh, yes I am Pinkie." Fluttershy answered, glad she burst the silent bubble around them.

"Okie dokie lokie! Have fun you two lovebirds!" Pinkie said, not realizing; one, Fluttershy was the only one who heard it; two, the blush on Fluttershy's face was out of embarrassment, with a hint of crush in there; and three, she had increased the amount of uneasiness in Fluttershy, causing her to jump when the stallion spoke up.

"You have a beautiful voice." The stallion said, before quickly changing the subject, "Um, my name is Firewing. What's yours?"

Fluttershy was flustered at the compliment she received before, she was blushing with an intensity to make her whole face red, "Um...m-my name is Fluttershy," she managed to mumble.

"Uh...I didn't quite catch that." Firewing said.

"My name is Fluttershy." Fluttershy mumbled, only a bit louder. But, despite the noise around them, Firewing heard enough to finish the name, "Fluttershy...it's a beautiful name," Firewing said blissfully, before quickly saying, " Um! Uh...e-enjoy the party."

Fluttershy, who was now blushing again, managed to whisper two words, "Thank you."



_______________



After the party was over, Twilight and her friends all decided to talk with the stallions who were new to the town, minus one, because Riverbank had fallen asleep.

"So, where are you all planning on staying?" Twilight asked.

Snowfall answered first, "Me and Miss Rarity have agreed to let me sleep on her couch, I refused to let her give up her bed for me." Snowfall and Rarity got up, "Speaking of bed, I'm exhausted. Shall we go Miss Rarity?"

"But of course darling." Rarity said, as Snowfall opened the door of Twilight's Library, "Goodnight, everypony!"

Snowfall poked his head back in and asked, "If it wouldn't be a bother Miss Twilight, could my brother stay here for the evening?"

Twilight nodded her head, "Of course, Snowfall, and just call me Twilight."

Snowfall nodded his head, then headed out. Next to answer was Windy who, with Pinkie, explained at a pace nopony could understand, that they would use the pull out bed at her apartment. They left together and left Red as the next to answer, "Ah'm gonna be spendin' the night wit' the Apples at their farm. So with that, ah say goodnight y'all!"

Storm and Rainbow also had a similar agreement and they left with the farm ponies. Firewing then got up and said, "Well, I'm gonna go to that Inn down the street, so thanks Twilight. I had a really good time!" Firewing left as well, leaving Twilight and Fluttershy alone.

Twilight looked at Fluttershy and said, "So, what do you think of them?"

Fluttershy looked at Twilight and answered, "They're all so nice, but one of them looked familiar to me."

"Who?"

"Firewing. I can just picture him in my memories, but they seem to elude me."

Twilight figured something along the lines of foalhood crush, beings how Fluttershy was blushing a lot when she looked at him, "What do you think of Firewing?"

Fluttershy blushed a bit, thinking of how nice he was to her, and of what Pinkie said. She quietly answered, "I...l-like him. He's nice."

"Well, I think you should head home Fluttershy. It's dark, and I'm tired. Have a good night." Twilight said as she used her magic to cover Riverbank with a spare blanket.

Fluttershy perked up at this and said, "Oh, you two Twilight!" before she also left.



-------------------



Firewing felt bad for lying, but he felt more comfortable sleeping on a cloud. He was flying near a forest of some kind and followed it for a bit.



-------------



"We are ready sir!"

"Good! Right on schedule! Fire!"



----------



Firewing heard a strange sound coming from the forest next to him. When he looked down though, he saw a strange blue light hurtle towards him. Without enough time to react, it hit his chest. The sheer amounts of pain that went through his body were enough to distract him from another blue light that hit his wing. He plummeted to the ground, nearly smashing his muzzle on a rock. He was in pain, too much pain in fact, that he couldn't stand up! He could, however, roll over to examine his wounds. They were bad, his chest was full of gashes that were bleeding profusely and his left wing, where the other light hit, was cut all the way to the bone. Now, he wished he had gone to the Inn, cause now he needed help. "HELP!" He managed to scream, which he did over and over, hoping somepony would help him.



____________________



Fluttershy heard him before she saw him, she managed to find Firewing on the road to her cottage. He was hurt, horribly hurt. His wing was cut in many different places, all the way to the bone in fact, and his chest was full of gashes that seemed to just go in many different directions. So Fluttershy helped him get up by grabbing under his forelegs and flying while he used all his strength to push up with his back legs. They would only make it to her cottage and he would need to be bandaged. When she finally got him inside and laid him on her couch, he had already lost a lot of blood. But, he stayed awake enough to make it easier on Fluttershy when she bandaged his chest. Neither one of them talked during the ordeal, but when Fluttershy was done, Firewing uttered, "Thank you, Fluttershy," before he passed out from exhaustion and blood loss. Fluttershy, who was also exhausted, passed out next to him. Making the small couch crowded, but neither occupant was awake enough to care.



-----------------------



"You didn't kill him!?"

"No, sir. Another pony arrived before we could."

"YOU FOOL! YOU SHOULD'VE KILLED BOTH OF THEM! Leave me! I must think!"



It is end of Chapter 3.

But not beginning of Chapter 4?


Author's Note: Short chapter I know, but it's worth it. I Pinkie Promise!

Also...nejsudhfujffhfhfkdgxudu! That is all.