• Published 8th Apr 2012
  • 2,206 Views, 50 Comments

Suck It Up - lightningstorm



An alternate reality Rainbow Dash x Twilight fic

  • ...
9
 50
 2,206

*revised* Prequel: Two Worlds

Twilight sat down at her desk, waiting for the teacher to begin talking about the subject of matter density. She was very excited, for they had been studying for todays test for weeks now, and Twilight would finally be able to show her knowledge on the subject.

She just wanted class to start, which everypony could see by how she looked at the clock every few seconds.

Twilight, though, seemed to be the only pony excited for the test. All the others seemed glum and gloomy, more so than usual, today. This left Twilight confused 'how could they not be excited?' She thought to herself.

Finally the teacher walked up to the front of the class and begun speaking about the subject at hand. Before his speech was over, the purple unicorn had already thought of five different questions.

The teacher sighed as she began blasting them at him, which he could only answer to the best of his ability, since he's a teacher and its his job obviously.

All the other students moaned, one she heard calling her a egghead, so Twilight sunk down into her desk from embarrassment. and allowed the teacher to pass out the tests. After each student got one, Twilight started writing down answers lightning quick.

She finished a good half hour before all the other students, but when she walked up front to turn it in, another had already been placed in the turn in basket.

Confused, Twilight snuck a peak at the test and saw only two answers had been written. Twilight face-hooved and sat back down, embarrassed for whoever the idiotic pony who turned that in was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eventually all the other students turned their test in, and Twilight had finished two books while waiting. The teacher dismissed class, and before Twilight could ask him seven other questions she thought of, he was already mysteriously gone. 'Almost like hes trying to avoid me' she thought.

Twilight now proceded to exit the room and started down the hallway, where she noticed a Rainbow maned mare flirting with a another group of mares just outside the room. This mare seemed to do the same thing with a different group each night, usually to the same result.

Just as Twilight looked over, the Rainbow maned pony got turned down and the group proceded to laugh at her. Twilight hated seeing bullies even more than books in a trashcan.

She huffed over and stood between the Rainbow maned pony and the group "I can understand you turning her down, but do you really need to laugh? Thats just rude and mean!"

Twilight felt proud for telling them off, but the white unicorn who seemed to be leading them laughed it off, and the group dispersed.

The Rainbow mane pony looked over at Twilight "Ummm, yeah, thanks for having my back back there. My names Rainbow Dash." She put her hoof out to brohoof, but Twilight returned with to Rainbows surprise a hoof shake.

"Names Twilight Sparkle." She then noticed the clock said 8:00, almost bedtime, so without another word Twilight hurried off to her apartment building.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rainbow Dash just stood there for a moment, very surprised at what just happened. Not only had somepony she never met stood up for her, but it was a pony she teased behind her back.

Twilight always was way too smart for her own good, but how she had helped out Rainbow....it was heroic.

But then she hurried off before Rainbow could properly thank her, leaving Rainbow alone in a now dark hallway, watching the trail Twilight had taken.

Rainbow made her way outside and took off into the night sky with a burst of speed.. So she had struck out with Rarity, oh well, wasn't much special about her anyways. Just some silly fashionista. Rainbow will probably hit the club tonight, find someone there after a few drinks. Then she can play some video games with her roomate, yeah, that sounds fun.

That friend Rairty had with her...Fluttershy?.....She seemed cute. Maybe Rainbow'll try her out. Maybe not thought, seemed too innocent to be caught up in all of this anyways.

And Rainbow thought she remembered her from flight school, so it would just be awakward if it turned out they knew each other.

'Or maybe I'll just sleep, that feeling is kicking in again. That incredibly lonely feeling that only flirting can fill. And thats only for a short time.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Twilight turned her lights on to her apartment, for some reason she expected somepony to be waiting for her.

That feeling had kicked her full force tonight. She hadn't figured out what it meant yet, it just made her stomcach feel....lonely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was now morning, and Fluttershy sat waiting at a table at Cafe de Pony. It was a bit too fancy for her taste, but her best friend Rarity seemed to enjoy it, so Flutter'd give it a chance.

As she waited, she enjoyed the sensation of sun against her skin, spring was just wonderful. Something about animals running about and a clear sky just made Flutter want to sing.

She spotted Rarity walk through the front door, but something was wrong. Rarity's purse was ripped, her hair all tangled, and it seemed dirt splotched her face.

Flutter ran over quickly to check over her friend "Rarity!? What happened!?"

"I was....jumped by Rainbow...." Was all Rarity could mutter before she fell to the ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

That night Rainbow sat alone at a corner table in the closest bar to her house. The lights were dimmed and she was boozed up, so she was highly surprised she hadn't fallen asleep yet.

As she let the techno music burst into her ear drums, and the alchohol burn up her stomach, the feeling returned. This time much stronger, she felt like she wished somepony had came to the bar with her.

Then she noticed two colts walk in, they would be easy prey.

Rainbow strutted over, promptly sitting down at the same table as the colts, making sure she swayed her flank properly.

"Why, hello there boys." She said, in as sexy a voice as she could manage in her drunken state, which most likely wasn't too impressive.

The colts responded, but everything just sounded like a ringing, and her vision was fuzzy, so Rainbow just assumed they took her bait and continued.

"So, want me to give you the grand tour?" This time the colts got up and walked off, Rainbow thought she heard the front door open and close.

"Party shitters" She muttered under her breath.

Then she saw her, Twilight, the unicorn from last night just walk in. Twilight sat at a counter seat and order a shot, so Rainbow made her way over.

"Hey you, I never got to properly thank you for last night." Something was wrong, Twilights face looked different.

Out of surprise Rainbow stumbled back, landing on her flank and knocking over a table and a few drinks. The alchohol was playing tricks, for Rainbow could now see this was not Twilight. But why had it shown her Twilight? Made no sense.

Just then five colts burst through the door, they had police unforms on. Rainbow tried to get off the floor, but her legs had became jelly.

The cops made their war to Rainbow and hand cuffed her. They proceded to lift her onto their backs.

One said "Rainbow Dash, you are under arrest for assualt and robery."