• Published 2nd May 2012
  • 2,587 Views, 57 Comments

On a wing and a rainbow - Killbles



Will Rainbow Dash's dream of joining the Wonderbolts come true? Will she discover something more?

  • ...
5
 57
 2,587

Silver and Not-Silver

Chapter 8: Silver and Not-Silver

Rainbow opened her eyes slowly. A foggy haze had descended over her vision and obscured her surroundings. She saw a flash of movement in front of her, she groaned quietly and tried to move, but for some reason her limbs refused to respond. Lifting her head she saw a deranged looking Pegasus flittering around in front of her. He looked up at the sound of her groan.

"Oh goodie, you're awake! Now we can really begin, won't this be fun!" his face cracked into an insane smile. Despite his insane demeanour his voice was strangely calm yet sinister. A chill of panic swept over Rainbow Dash as he advanced on her.

"Silver, what's happening? Why am I here?"

"Ohh my pretty, Silver isn't here at the moment. Please leave a message after the beep." he giggled insanely. He pulled a knife off a table and ran the flat of the blade across Rainbow's cheek. "Oh you're in trouble now aren't you? No big man to save you now, your own body rebelling against you." He placed the knife back on the table. "Not that Silver would ever take advantage of such a vulnerable mare."

Rainbow desperately tried to move but her body still refused to work. 'I must have been drugged or something' she thought.

He brought himself right up next to rainbow. "Unfortunately Silver isn't here at the moment."

"You see, I'm not Silver." Said the Pegasus in a bored voice as he spun a small knife around his hoof.

"Then, who are you?"

"Let's just say… His other side. Oh how long I have waited for this day, how long I have been locked away. But always Silver would say, 'Not today, today is not the day for you to come out.' The long years I have been stuck inside this shell. Isn't it nice to get out every now and then?"

Unsure whether she should respond to the insane Pegasus, Rainbow remained silent.

"You're probably wondering right now, 'what's he going to do?'. Frankly, I don't know. I haven't made my minds up with what to do to this item. Slice and dice? Blender? Who knows?" he cackled and rolled around on the floor.

"Why me?"

"You? Why you? Why not you? I mean, sure there was that thing a while ago but I nearly forgave you for that. So why you? I don't know, because you were there I guess." The not-Silver said. He stroked his chin as if he was thinking of a reason to to have her.

"Oh I know, because you'll be fun. It will be fun to watch you squeal and squirm, I reckon we will have so much fun together." He took a step towards her, eyes gleaming with malice.

"Wait a minute." Rainbow said, desperately trying to buy time. "What about this thing a while ago? I've never met you before I joined the Wonderbolts."

"Oh of course! How could I expect you to even remember me? How foolish and naïve of me, thinking the great and mighty Rainbow Dash would remember little old me."

He spun around in a lazy circle, seemingly oblivious to all the sharp objects in his vicinity. "I've seen you so many different times, we were in a flight school class tighter, I occasionally snuck into Ponyville and helped with the weather, I entered in the 'Best Young Fliers Competition' when you did a sonic rainboom. It's not like we're strangers Dashie."

"I don't remember you."

"Oh of course you wouldn't! No one remembers little old Silver, so I become… someone different." He growled menacingly and advanced on Dash. "Such a pity Rainbow. I've always liked you; you always struck me as a loyal and beautiful mare. Such a pity. Such a pity tha-." His voice suddenly changed, more like Silver's used to be. "I'm sorry Rainbow, I didn't mean for this!"

"QUIET!" The other howled, "You stay out of this."

"As I was saying, before HE rudely interrupted, such a pity you have to die." The Not-Silver said, softly stroking her mane.

Rainbow's eyes bulged.

"Why do I have to die?"

"Because, it'll be fun! Well for me at least. I doubt you'll find it enjoyable. How about we find out?" he squealed in an almost fan-boyish manner.

"What have I ever done against you?" Rainbow gabled, panic entering her voice.

"Oh nothing, nothing, just one thing. You know what I hate more than that weak pathetic Silver?" he shook Rainbow's head for her. "I. HATE. LOSING. I never lose. Silver might, but I never do. I always win. I always hold a grudge. When you beat us at the Young Fliers Competition, I vowed to beat you. So now I guess I am." He punched Rainbow roughly in the gut. She would have doubled over in pain if she could move her body. "Just in a different way." He giggled. "See what I did there? I made a joke. I love jokes. Do you want to hear another good one?"

"Not unless it involves you, the ground and a ton of bricks" Rainbow spat.

"Oh ow, I'm hurt Rainbow. How could you ever say something so harsh. I mean really? How rude. I won't tolerate rudeness around here you bitch." He picked up a knife and drew several small but shallow cuts along Rainbow's flank. She whimpered in pain as the knife cut through her. A small trickle of blood ran off her leg and hit the floor with a unusually loud splat. Not-Silver giggled manically as he carved. He suddenly cried out and dropped the knife. He backed into a corner sobbing quietly. "no… no… no… no…" Silver whispered, his irises contracted into pin-pricks.

"Yes…. Yes… Yes…" Not-silver said back. He pulled himself back up and resumed his gruesome task.

"Why don't you just kill me and be over with it." Rainbow said, her voice strong despite her pain.

"Where would be the fun in that." Not-Silver replied shaking his head in confusion. "I mean, this is all for my own enjoyment, why would I just do it quickly." He placed his head next to Rainbow's. "You see Dashie, I like seeing everything when I kill a pony. Every little emotion. That's why I use one of these." He gestured towards the myriad of knives. "I like getting very, last. Thing. Out of somepony before I put the final blow in. Only when I am satisfied, Dashie. Will I kill you." He ruffled her mane playfully. "We are going to have so much fun! Or at least I will. You are going to feel so. Much. Pain" He smiled insanely again, a deranged cackle emerging from his throat.

By this point, Rainbow was thoroughly freaked out. She tried to block out the pain of the wounds that Not-silver had inflicted and tried to remain calm. She figured if she gave him as little response as possible, she might be able to get some more time. 'For what?' she thought as Not-Silver moved towards her wings 'Nopony knows I'm here… Except Torchie!' A sudden moment of hope flared up in Rainbow, she hoped that Torchie would figure out what happened and send help.


"My, my. You are much tougher than anypony else Dashie. So strong, so resilient. What is it that lets you take so much? You must be setting a new record now ten minutes. I think all my other previous… clients, had satisfied my craving by now." Not-Silver remarked.

Dash silently groaned. The ten minutes had felt like hours. He had done everything from cuts to punches, drowning and feather removal. Nothing that would have seriously injured or maimed though, he seemed to be saving those for the finale.

She spat out a globule of blood. "We might be here a while, so what can I call you?"

"Me? What can you call me? I don't know, I am nameless. We exist together, me and Silver. How can I not be what the other is?"

"You are not silver!" she screamed.

"Yes, I'm Not-Silver…." He played around with the word a bit. He rolled it off his tongue, trailing the word. "I agree. I am Not-Silver." He giggled before returning his attention to Dash. "Now you! You are really starting to make me angry. OH yes… I get euphoria from the wounds I inflict but I miss the squeals and the screams of my victim." His eyes suddenly hardened. "I want you to SQUEAL!" he roared. "Squeal like the Filly you are!"

Dash remained resolute.

"If you will not yield, I might have to resort… to more drastic… measures." He climbed onto the table. He unfurled Dash's wing and placed a hoof on it. "Oh I will love this."

He lifted his hoof and slammed it down on her wing. The sickening crack of several bones shattering filled the small room. Rainbow nearly cried out in agony but managed to keep her mouth clamped shut. "Squeal! Squeal!" Not-Silver roared. He suddenly collapsed on the table and curled up into a foetal ball.

"No more, please, no more." Silver whispered to himself.

"I say when there is enough weakling!" Not-Silver snarled back. Leaping back to his hooves, he moved over Dash. "I fill have my satisfaction."

She laughed at him. "What more can you do? You try to break my body and I still don't give in." she jeered.

"Oh my, little Dashie. How naïve of you. There is one more thing I can do. I am so glad you are a mare though. This would simply be embarrassing if you were a stallion."

Picking up the intent of his words Dash's eyes widened with Horror. "You wouldn't dare" she whim pered.

Not-Silver's eyes sprang impossibly wide open with delight. "I am going to enjoy this."

Rainbow screamed as he moved towards her.