• Published 8th Jun 2014
  • 2,254 Views, 18 Comments

Mahora: Multi-dimensional exchange student program - Kaliann25



Twilight have a difficult test: a duel against Celestia herself. In order to pass the test, Twilight open a door to other dimension looking for a powerful master who can teach her everything she need to defeat her mentor

  • ...
9
 18
 2,254

Magister et Discipulum Duellumi

It was time, finally. After two months of hard preparation it was time for mentor and student to confront in the ultimate test.
Twilight and Celestia stared to each other and finally, they bowed showing their mutual respect, according to the traditions in magical duels.
Celestia was impressed, the girls called Asakura Kazumi, Satomi Hakase, Chisame Hasegawa and Chachamaru Karakuri did a really great job installing the so called Jumbotron, allowing to the public have a general look at the battle.
In the tribunes the scandal was big, much more louder than any other event before thanks to Twilight’s new friends. But still the Princess was enjoying herself, and also the few guests.

“Twilight Sparkle, my most faithful student, I hope you’re ready for the test we will be performing today” said the Princess with her calm voice of always. “In all my years I have only guided five pupils; but not even one of the four before you got close to the level you are. And I hope you know I’ll not make it easy for you; I have plenty of trust in you natural skill so you better do your best”

Twilight bowed again.

“I know Princess Celestia, that’s why I put so many effort training with professor Negi Springfield. Even if he’s only a child, his powers are beyond imagination; and today I’m determined to prove I’m a worthy student, not only your student but Negi’s as well”

“The true porpoise of this test was to evaluate your skills under a high pressure situation, not only to see if you can match me… and there was no way that could be possible; or that’s what I thought until you traveled to Mahora Campus. Now I really don’t know, but that’s why I’m so excited about this fight. Let’s see if you have what it needs to defeat me”

Nopony say nothing after that, they were only waiting to the signal. And they heard it: GONG!

Princess Celestia raised in the air and shot a powerful light beam against Twilight, who teleported away; and almost didn’t made it.
The Princess chuckled and send a fire tornado against Twilight, forcing her to create a wall of water to protect herself.
Still giggling, Celestia transformed the floor into water, making Twilight submerge immediately. Twilight was smart and knew her teacher for long enough to prevent the next move; so she conjured an energy field. And just as Twilight thought, Celestia blew freezing the water in a matter of seconds. At the end the white alicorn landed on the ice proudly.
But the floor started to shake and Twilight emerged in the middle of a great geyser created by herself. It was now or never; so the unicorn attacked with powerful energy beams trying to knock down Celestia. It was useless, she tiredly deflected the attacks moving only one hoof.

“Is that it?” teased the white alicorn. “I came here and invited those ponies to watch your true power, not that shameful demonstration, Twilight Sparkle. Are you sure you learnt something from Negi Sprinfield?”

Twilight closed her eyes concentrating, and sent a giant vines attack to Celestia. Again, the Princess tiredly created two gardener scissors to destroy the weak attack. And once neutralized, the remaining plants attacked their creator.
That took Twilight by surprise and Celestia took her chance to send a new beam against the poor Twilight, who couldn’t dodge it that time.
On the tribunes, the silence remained. Nopony understood why she didn’t use any of Negi’s tricks yet. From Mahora, only Evangeline and Negi were calmed, waiting for the real show to begin; so as Luna who heard enough stories about the adventures of Negi and she knew Twilight was only warming up. “After all, Celestia loves to talk and that’s the weak spot Twilight shall use on her favor”

On the arena, Twilight was immobilized and weakened by Celestia’s attack but still ready to fight. Celestia just approached looking very disappointed.

“An excellent demonstration of Equestrian Magic, Twilight Sparkle, but if you only use that one, there’s no reason to continue this match; I won. Do you have something to say about it?” Said Celestia sadly.

Twilight just grinned.

“Holy light of the twilight”

“And what’s that supposed to mean?” asked Celestia curious.

“Nothing, just my activation words; but they work better if I recite them in latin: CALLIGINEM SACRARUM…”

A purple circle with strange characters appeared below Twilight.

“AERIS MURUM!”

A great current of air pushed Celestia away from Twilight and becoming a giant wall of pure air; it was going to be very difficult to reach Twilight now. Twilight didn’t have time to waste, she knew Celestia was going to destroy her protection in one minute or two so she had to act fast.
At the astonished Princess, Twilight materialized five cards with her friends’ pictures on it: CELERITAS DAEMONIUM RAINBOW DASH; PARS ANIMA PINKIE PIE; DIVINA ARTIFEX RARITY; FORTIS COWGIRL APPLEJACK; MIRABILIS CURANTIS FLUTTERSHY”

“Okay, that’s new” mumbled the Princess.

Behind the wall, Twilight made the next move:

“Invocate!”

Immediately, the five cards started to glow, transporting Twilight’s five friends to the arena surprising the Princess even more. Twilight smiled proud of herself, defying her mentor with her eyes through the wall. Now it was time for the real battle.

“Last chance girls, if anypony is having second thoughts, this is the time to retire. Do you really want to help me with this duel? Remember we’re fighting Celestia”

“We owe you this Twi, do what you need to do” assured Applejack.

Twilight nodded and made her horn glow.

“MINISTRA MAGI: RAINBOW DASH, APPLEJACK, RARITY, PINKIE PIE AND FLUTTERSHY! ACTIVATE CONTRACT, FIVE MINUTES!

The five friends glowed getting stronger thanks to Twilight’s magic; now they were qualified to fight.
On the tribunes, the 4-A’s scandal escalated to levels unknown by the ponykind; so as the surprise for the other guests. Negi and Evangeline made a small nod, Twilight was one of the best’s students they ever had.

“It’s time!” announced Twilight. “I need you to activate your Pactio Artifacts. NOW!”

“ADEAT!” shouted the three of them; invocating the powerful instruments.

“I’m going to retire our protection in three, two, one… LIBERATIO”

The air shield retired just in time for Pinkie and Dash attack to the still astonished Princess with their respective weapons. The Perfecta Pars Canon made Celestia get dizzy with the serpentines, confetti, cake, party music, balloons and candy created by the shot. And before she could recover, Rainbow charged with an attack from her Telum Crepitum Iris; making Celestia crashing violently to the walls.
The whole stadium trembled because of the force of the impact.
Confused and in pain, Celestia didn’t had the chance to react when Applejack tied her with her Maximum Rodeo Loop; a powerful laze that immobilized the ruler of all Equestria easily. The Princess fought to get free but she realized that magic Artifact was one of the most powerful she ever saw. The tables have turned, now she was at Twilight’s mercy, and the purple unicorn was going to attack with all she had:

“CALLIGINEM SACRARUM TRICENTI VENGINTI SAGITTA MAGICA!!”

Twilight’s hoof glowed with all her power, sending the three hundred and twenty five light arrows. Princess even reacted creating a weak magic shield against the arrows; unfortunately she underestimated the power of the Sagitta Magica and the shield was broken by the first hundred by the infantile but monstrous attack. The other two hundred twenty five, only one hundred and fifty impacted fully on Celestia. Twilight frowned but she had to remember what Negi explained to her: the reason why the Sagitta Magica Attack was used in large number was because it was very imprecise and the only way to make sure to hit the target was to send that numbers.
Anyway, there was no time to think in about it; she had to made her next move.

Too late, Princess Celestia made her horn glow and attacked with all she had. The wave of power sent the six of them against the wall. Celestia extended her wing majestically and attacked Twilight with Applejack’s loop; tying the unicorn.

“Congratulations, Twilight Sparkle. This is the first time sompony who isn’t Luna or Chrysalis or Discord can hurt me. And you did it badly”

Twilight grinned and sent a look to Applejack. The cowgirl whistled freeing Twilight at one. Then the unicorn shouted again:

“CALLIGINEM SACRARUM…”


“Oh, don’t even think about it, Twilight Sparkle” mumbled Celestia attacking first. Unfortunately other attack from the Telum Crepitum Iris frustrated her attempt to neutralize Twilight; and the unicorn finished the spell.

“SEXAGINTA LUCIS SPIRITIS!”

As a flash of light, one by one some kind of copies of Twilight and friends appeared all over the arena. The only difference was that the copies didn’t had Cutie Marks.

“Rarity” commanded one of Twilight’s copies.

The white unicorn smiled.

“On it darling, ADEAT!”

A needle appeared on Rarity’s hooves, a magical needle called Factio Deorum. Helped by the power of the Artifact, Rarity started to create large capes for all the copies and themselves; specially designed to hide their Cutie Marks. Ready for action, Pinkie started to shoot with the Perfecta Pars Canon; helped by her copies who also copied the Artifact, spreading the pink madness and joy for all over the arena.
Celestia couldn’t detect her objectives, it was a nightmare; and to make things better, she heard again Twilight’s voice:

“Calliginem Sacrarum…”

Celestia attacked that Twilight when another finished the spell:

“Convexo Vitri!”

Now Princess Celestia was trapped in a glass orb. Good but not impressive, so she easily counterattacked with her horn, breaking the orb into pieces that she shot against the multiple objectives.
The light spirits were destroyed immediately by a self-destruct spell creating a chain-reaction turning small explosions into a devastating attack. Princess Celestia was reached by it but she wasn’t as hurt as she was with the Sagitta Magica attack. At the end Celestia sent a wave of power destroying the last copies and increasing the power of the explosion neutralizing the real opponents.
But again, Princess self-confidence was shattered she notice Twilight’s evil grin. Looking up as Twilight was doing, she noticed the pegasi of her team were safe in the air; and once noticed by the monarch, they made their move. Rainbow shooting another attack of the Telum Crepitum Iris and Fluttershy screaming:

“ADEAT!”

Fluttershy’s Artifact was named Qui Frecit Coelum et Manibut, a healing device she immediately used to restore her friends’ strength and heal their wounds. Once they recovered, restored their strategy.
First move was Rarity’s: create a curtain and put it on Celestia’s face. Second move was Applejack’s who tried to use again her Maximum Rodeo Loop against Celestia; but the Princess was ready this time and got rid of Applejack with a simple attack.

The fight was tight, so Celestia thought in something to end that as soon as possible. She started to fly in circles at great speed sending light beams to the arena. Rainbow disappeared without a trace and suddenly, an rainbow explosion sent Celestia straight to the ground where Rainbow was already waiting for her with another attack of the Telum Crepitum Iris.
Changing her strategy, Celestia teleported to an unknown position.

“Shall we move to phase three, dear?” asked Rarity.

Twilight shook her head and jumped creating a magical force field for all her friends; just in time for not get hurt by a new attack from the deeps of the ground. Celestia raised covered in light and charged a powerful attack; one of the ultimate resources she only used once. The attack consisted in several lightings of great power that would cover the arena completely; there was no way to avoid being hit by at least one of those. Luckily for the girls, the Princess needed time to make the attack but still Twilight couldn’t believe she just forced Celestia to use that.

“I know this is too much to ask you but I need you to cover me, I need to reserve all my magic to do my emergency combination; is time for the final move. CALLIGINEM SACRARUM”

Celestia looked down to Twilight, as always reciting those strange words before any attack. So to do Negi’s magic you need to recite the spells, not just use them. That’s why you need the support of Ministra Magic, Twilight? Anyway, she’ll have the time to investigate further once they finish the match. I never thought Twilight would force to do this but still I’m so proud of her; this is one of my final attacks and I haven’t used it on a real fight until now. Good Twilight, good.

At the arena, Twilight’s friends started to run all over the place in strange patterns, ready for the next attack. In the tribunes, all the public could heard Evangeline’s creepy laughs.

“What’s wrong with you?” asked Shining Armor.

The vampire smiled evilly.

“All this time, the kid was using children spells, a simple game teasing her opponent with very simple but very well executed basic attacks. But now she’s ready to use a real high class ; created by me long time ago. Still, she’s definitely a student of Negi Springfield. The same strategies and almost the same amount of power”

The whole tribune remained in silence, watching the fight. Now Celestia fully charged her attack and was about to send it and finish all that for once.
Rarity gulped and concentrated all her magic in create a force field; helped by the others who used the wands Negi gave them to help their friend. Twilight was still concentrating, sweating and silently praying for the success of the attack.

And then Celestia sent the attack to the girls.

“Exipio Fulgura” said Twilight finishing the spell at the same time Celestia’s lightings impacted all over the arena with a huge explosion.

Rarity fainted when her attempt of magic force field was destroyed by Celestia’s monstrous power. The rest of them didn’t faint but they were really hurt by the attack. Still they were waiting for the next attack but suddenly they were all weakened.

“Time is over” mumbled Twilight. “The five minutes more difficult of my life”

“And now what?” asked Fluttershy weakly.

Twilight smiled to her friends.

“Thank you for all you have done for me during the fight, but is time for me to finish this alone. If you excuse me, I’ll sent you back to the tribunes”

Said that, she teleported her friends back where they could appreciate the fight leaving them alone. Teacher versus student, the final test.

“Congratulations Twilight, modest apart, I never thought you could resist five entire minutes. Again, go to Mahora Campus was an excellent move; unexpected and efficient”

Twilight smiled and created several of her copies; Equestrian Illusion magic, nothing complicate. Celestia yawned and eliminated the illusions by just moving her wings. But Twilight was only warming up.

“Calliginem Sacrarum”

This time Princess Celestia decided to give her that one for free; after all she demonstrated great skill resisting the lightning attack.

“FAC ME UNUN FULMINE”

Black clouds appeared and sent a great lightning against Celestia; she just made a magic mirror to deflect the attack to Twilight, who received it like nothing.
The whole stadium muttered. Why did she let the attack to touch her without even defend herself? Something was not right.
But Negi’s students already knew that spell and started to cheer happily. When the smoke created by the detonation dispel, Twilight has change. Her whole body seemed to be pure light; her mane and tail looked like the storm itself. Smiling, she ran charging at Celestia.
Princess, by pure instinct elevated to not to be hit; waiting for Twilight’s next attack; now that she was one with the lighting anything could happen. But the attack never came. The unicorn still running in strange patterns without anypony understanding what she was really trying. Guided by a strange thought, Celestia elevated even more for a better appreciation of the arena.
Twilight wasn’t running randomly, she was tracing a strange drawing in the floor, a Magic Symbol.

“Now what?”

When Twilight finished, she just looked up like inviting the Princess to make a move. Having no answer to her provocation, the unicorn dedicated the best of her smiles to her mentor and traced the final line of the symbol.
The symbol glowed with all intensity and Princess Celestia felt how powerful invisible chains pulled her to the ground and immobilized her completely. Unable to move, the Princess smiled and concentrated her power on her horn; at this rate she will destroy the symbol on the next thirty seconds but Twilight was still smiling.

Celestia could appreciate the madness on her eyes, again Twilight was possessed by the desire of triumph; and everypony knew how dangerous she could be in that circumstances. Especially for herself.

“Impressive magic Twilight, you passed the test with honors. But it’s time to end this now. Even with that magic at your side, there’s no way you can defeat me”

“The duel isn’t over my beloved mentor”

“It’s over, you reached your limit and keeping that form of lightning is draining you magic reserves faster than anything else. I can feel it, you are exhausted so is better for all of us if we stop this and go celebrate you reached a new level in your studies”

Twilight nodded and turned back to normal, but her power was still draining for something that wasn’t the transformation.

“I know my power isn’t enough to defeat you, Princess Celestia, but listening to the adventures of my other teacher, I heard something that could help me to win this”

Princess Celestia frowned, she still felt how Twilight’s magic reserves were almost empty; and is she continue like that, insisting in using magic, the magic would start to feed from her life force.

“Twilight stop this before you hurt yourself. That’s an order”

Twilight didn’t listen. She continued with her explanation.

“Your lighting attack, do you know why I preferred to receive instead of try to defend myself without getting hurt? Well, I just made that little spell: Exipio Fulgura; that means lightning capture”

Twilight pointed to the skies; higher than anything else, so high that Celestia didn’t notice on time, she saw three of her own lightings immobilized by Twilight’s purple magic aura. That was why her energy was draining, that was why she was so weak now but still smiling like crazy.

“Tell me Princess Celestia, have you ever got hit by YOUR OWN POWER?” Screamed Twilight “LIBERATIO”

Once free from Twilight’s magic, the lighting impacted as they supposed to do; specifically where Celestia was captured. She closed her eyes, that was going to hurt as hell.
The explosion was devastating, creating a cloud of pure dust. The only thing the audience could hear in the middle of the dust, was Twilight’s crazy laughs.

“I WON!! I WON!! I WON!! HAVE YOU HEARD IT, BIG BROTHER? HAVE YOU HEARD IT CANDACE? WHAT ABOUT YOU PRINCESS LUNA? I WON, I WON, I WON!! I HIT HER WITH HER OWN MAGIC, WHO CAN SUPPORT SOMETHING LIKE THAT? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

She keep laughing like crazy for several minutes.

“I DID IT NEGI-SENSEI!! I DEFEATED CELESTIA, I DEFEATED CELESTIA, I DEFEATED HER!!”

“Twilight Sparkle, if I were you I wouldn’t celebrate until make sure before”

Twilight got paled immediately.

“No… it can’t be… IT CAN’T BE…

Princess Celestia walked to her; the royal body was covered with burns and bruises; besides she couldn’t walk properly… but still tall powerful.

“That was a good one; still hurts. But I’m still good. Even so, you managed to reach my level at one battle; but you aren’t powerful enough to defeat me; yet”

Twilight gulped but suddenly started to laugh as crazy.

“What’s so funny, Twilight?

“Is just… I can’t take it any more”

Said that, she fainted. Celestia has won.

Author's Note:

And that's the end of the duel. Why I painted Twilight's spells? To give it an anime-like effect; when the creators always like to emphasise the character's attacks or techniques.
Anyway I hope you liked and as always:

Read ya later!