• Published 14th Jun 2014
  • 1,213 Views, 19 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode VI: The Return of the Nightmare - sonicdash123



With the defeat of Malgus and his empire, Charming Thunder along with Starswirl the Bearded brought back the Crystal Knights. Now the essence of Nightmare Moon returns and posseses Charming Thunder and plots her revenge.

  • ...
30
 19
 1,213

Chapter 1: Ancient Artifacts

A Lambda-class shuttle flew over the Everfree forest as it arrived at the castle of the two sisters. It landed next to the entrance of the ancient castle and the ramp lowered. Charming Thunder along with Flash Sentry walked out of the shuttle and entered the castle. As they walked through the hallway, the two soldiers at the door noticed them and opened the door to the throne room for them. When they entered, the doors closed behind them and Flash said, "I have a bad feeling about this."

"I don't sense anything wrong," Charming Thunder said.

"Its just about the shard Celestia mentioned. I just wonder what the shard is connected to."

"My aunts just wants us to investigate Nightmare Moon's armor and the shard before our troops take the castle as a base for the empire."

"I understand." They then walked up to a glass cylinder which displayed a glove. Next to it was a mannequin displaying the armor of Nightmare Moon.

"How did Nightmare Moon's armor even survive?" Charming Thunder asked himself. He then turned to Flash and said, "Contact Celestia and tell her what we found and ask her to send in some troops to guard the armor and the shard. I don't want anything to happen to them."

"Right away, Charming Thunder." Flash then walked out of the room as Charming Thunder walked up the stairs to the damaged thrones. He stared at the symbol of Princess Luna's cutie mark over one of the thrones. He then sat on the throne and placed a hoof on his chin and thought of something. He suddenly started to hear whispers and got up to look around. He then looked at the armor and slowly walked up to it as the whispers grew louder and louder. When the whispers went silent, a thunder clash was heard and he jumped back. He then heard an evil laugh as he stepped away from Nightmare Moon's armor. He then ran out of the room and headed back to his shuttle.

---------------------

Luna was standing at the balcony watching the citizens of Canterlot walking in the streets as some were also preparing for Nightmare Night now that it is only two days away. She then noticed a Star Destroyer approaching Canterlot. Under it popped out a shuttle escorted by two TIE Fighters. The shuttle then arrived at the landing platform close to the doorway to the throne room. Luna walked out to the shuttle and stood in front of it as the ramp lowered. Charming Thunder walked down the ramp a little bit shocked as Luna walked up to him. "What's wrong, nephew?" Luna asked.

"The troops found the remains of your armor at the castle of the two sisters," Charming Thunder explained as he walked with Luna inside. "And this...strange shard that somehow fell from a meteor shower. When I told Flash to contact your sister and left the room, I began to hear whispers coming from the armor. I then got scared and ran back to the shuttle and...well here I am."

"What were the whispers saying?"

"It was your voice of Nightmare Moon saying that the night will last forever and then she laughed. I thought it was a memory and--"

"It was. It was the words I said after I returned from a thousand years."

"I wanted more troops to guard it so that it would not get stolen."

"I understand. Go back to Twilight. You deserve it. I'll take care of everything myself. Try to meditate to get it out of your head." Charming Thunder nodded and walked to the hangar to his interceptor. His astromech companion was repairing it as the red unicorn walked to it. It then noticed him and beeped.

"No, R4. I'm fine. I just had a rough night thats all." R4 beeped as he got in the port of the interceptor and he entered the cockpit and started up the engines. The interceptor then lifted off the ground and flew back to Ponyvile to go back to Twilight's castle.

---------------------

Twilight was sitting on her throne reading a letter from Cadence as Spike swept the floor with the broom. A ship was heard as Twilight rolled the letter and placed it on the arm of the chair. She then got up and walked out to see Charming Thunder's ship landing. R4 popped out of the ship as Charming Thunder exited his ship. He noticed Twilight and rushed to hug her. "How was your trip to the castle of the two sisters?" Twilight asked with a kiss on the cheek.

"It was fine," Charming Thunder replied. "I just had a rough day too."

"Whys that? Did something happen?"

"They found the armor of Nightmare Moon." Twilight gasped as he explained. "You may think that is was destroyed by the Elements of Harmony and redeemed her, but the armor isn't. I just witnessed something from that armor and I need to clear my head from it." Charming Thunder then walked past her until he stopped as he realized something. "You alright, honey? You're trembling. What's going on?"

"Something wonderful has happened. Charming, I'm pregnant." Charming Thunder was stunned. He thinks through all of the ramifications of this as he takes her in his arms.

"That's...that's wonderful. This will be a happiest moment. A happiest moment of my life." Charming Thunder then hugged her tightly as R4 rolled past them. He is finally going to be a father for the very first time. Pinkie Pie was in the corner listening to the conversation. She then bounced off to tell her friends the news about Twilight.