• Published 14th Jun 2014
  • 1,213 Views, 19 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode VI: The Return of the Nightmare - sonicdash123



With the defeat of Malgus and his empire, Charming Thunder along with Starswirl the Bearded brought back the Crystal Knights. Now the essence of Nightmare Moon returns and posseses Charming Thunder and plots her revenge.

  • ...
30
 19
 1,213

Chapter 3: Trixie's Return

At Canterlot, a meeting was held and Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and four grand moffs sat at the round table. "Until we find information about this mysterious glove, we will let you know, your highness," one of the moffs said. "I advice that I let the scientists study it further."

"Very well," Celestia said. "Once your research on it is done, inform either me or my sister about it."

"The glove may be dangerous even for the Crystal Knights and--" The moff was interrupted when Charming Thunder and Twilight Sparkle entered the room.

"They already know about the glove so there is no need to remind them about it," he said as he sat in his chair next to Twilight. "I've just received word that the empire has claimed the ancient castle as a base of operations."

"That is good news," Cadence said. "And what will the empire do next, brother."

"The regional governors will now send their fleet to the corners of Equestria for protection."

"And what of Nightmare Moon's armor?" the pegasus moff asked. "If anypony wears that armor, who knows what left over magic is left on it."

"The armor you refer to will be guarded by imperial forces," Luna said.

"Charming Thunder said so himself ever since he encountered the armor he heard whispers," the earth pony moff said. "I fear that it is a dangerous artifact."

"Don't be to proud of this terror that was constructed a thousand years ago," Charming Thunder said. "The ability to bring eternal darkness is gone. Nothing more."

"Don't try to scare me, Charming Thunder. Your sad devotion to ancient religion has not help you clear your head." Charming Thunder got up from his chair as the moff continued. "Or giving you a privilege to even--" He was interrupted when he was chocked my Charming Thunder's unicorn magic. Nobody in the room hesitated to stop him but watch.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

"Enough of this," Twilight said. "Charming, release him."

"As you wish." The glow on his horn faded away as he walked back to his chair and sat back down.

"Now that is out of the way," Celestia said. "Let us now discuss the locations of the fleets are going to be at this time."

---------------------

A few hours later after the meeting, Luna walked to her chambers and sat down on her chair. She then closed her eyes and started to meditate.

Luna opened her eyes and ended up in the fields in front of Ponyville. She then turned to see an army of troops that looked similar to the white armored forces. A hooded pony with a clawed arm pointed to the direction of Ponyville and the troops began to run to the town. Some troops ran past her as the hooded figure followed them. She then flew to the town and saw the troops shooting the citizens of Ponyville. Some marched into their homes and burned them to the ground. She then noticed the hooded figure walking to Twilight's castle along with two guards that look similar to the red royal guards. "Twilight!" Luna said as she flew to the castle. When she got there, she saw the corpses of Twilight's friends lying on the floor as the hooded figure stood behind Twilight. A tear went down Luna's cheek when all of the sudden, the door blew up and dozens of troopers entered the room and dragged Twilight out of the room. The hooded figure then turned to Luna as he took off his hood to reveal himself to her. She recognized his face as her eyes widened. "Charming Thunder?"

Luna opened her eyes and screamed. She gasped for air and walked to her bed to lay down. A knock was heard at the door and Luna said, "Enter."

Celestia entered her chambers in a rush as she said, "I heard screaming. Are you alright, sister?"

"Yeah. I just had a vision. Ponyville was being destroyed and Twilight's friends died at the castle. I believe that the hooded figure I saw was our nephew. It was horrible." She then began to cry as Celestia walked up to her and placed a hoof on her shoulder and used her left wing to cradled her.

---------------------

Charming Thunder looked at the blueprints of a new ship on his data pad as Twilight entered the room with a stack of books. He then turned off the data pad and placed it on the table and turned to Twilight. "Hey, honey," Charming Thunder said.

"Yes," Twilight said as she read a book.

"Do you ever wonder what it would be like to have an apprentice like you were once a student to my aunt?"

"If I had a student? Well I would teach that student all about friendship and tell him or her about the adventures I had."

"Exactly. But this student could learn the ways of the Crystal Knights as well. I was thinking of having an apprentice of my own so I can teach my light saber skills."

"That's a splendid idea."

A guard entered the room and bowed to the presence of the princess as he said, "Charming Thunder, there is somepony who is expecting to see you."

Charming Thunder walked up to the guard as he said, "Lead the way."

"Yes, sir." Charming Thunder then followed the guard to the entrance of the castle and sees a blue unicorn with a wand and moon cutie mark. It was none other than Trixie.

"State your business of why you need to see me."

"Trixie just wanted to ask you about something," she said.

"And what might your question be." Charming Thunder then gestured the guard to leave the room for a private chat.

"Ever since the Crystal Knights returned, Trixie wants to learn the ways to become one."

"You mean like an...apprentice?"

"Exactly."

Charming Thunder thought for a moment and said, "I think I know just the master."

"Really? Who?"

"You are looking at him. Soon I will teach you everything I know. Especially learning how to make a lightsaber like mine." He then grabbed his lightsaber from his belt and showed it to her. She was amazed when she took a first glimpse at the hilt. He then puts it back on his belt. "Come. I must introduce you to my wife."

"You mean Princess Twilight?"

"Yes. Do you know her?"

"Its a long story." Trixie then followed Charming Thunder to the princess' chambers to be reunited once again with Twilight.