• Published 14th Jun 2014
  • 1,214 Views, 19 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode VI: The Return of the Nightmare - sonicdash123



With the defeat of Malgus and his empire, Charming Thunder along with Starswirl the Bearded brought back the Crystal Knights. Now the essence of Nightmare Moon returns and posseses Charming Thunder and plots her revenge.

  • ...
30
 19
 1,214

Chapter 7: Memories

Trixie practiced her saber skills with a training remote and deflected some shots. She then got hit by one of them and jumped back. As Twilight watched, she then began to remember the good times he had with Charming Thunder.

---------------------

The purple mare walked with Charming Thunder as they laughed together. "Oh, Charming Thunder," Twilight said. "I'm so glad that I have you as a coltfriend."

"Me too, Twilight," Charming Thunder said as he found a comfy spot on the hill. They then lay down on the hill and watch the beautiful sunset in the sky. Twilight wrapped her wing around him as she lays her head on his shoulder and closes her eyes. "There's something I wanted to ask you."

"Yes, Charming?"

"Will you marry me." Twilight opened her eyes to see a ring in the box. Tears began to fill her eyes as she smiled.

"Oh, Charming. Yes. Yes! Of course I will marry you." She then pressed her lips to Charming Thunder's as the sun continued to set.

---------------------

"Twilight?" Trixie asked. She then shook her head out of distraction and turned to face Trixie. "Is something wrong?"

"Nothing," Twilight said. "I'm fine. Just had a flashback that's all." She then walked away as a tear rolled down her cheek from a painful memory.

---------------------

Celestia and Luna glanced over the baby crib of a red baby unicorn. He was sound asleep as the princesses watched him sleep peacefully. They then left the room and walked through the hallway of the castle to the throne room. "Sister?" Luna asked.

"Yes, Luna?" Celestia replied.

"Can you promise me something?"

"Anything for my sister."

"Whatever happens to me, if I go bad, please protect him from me."

"Its a promise."

"Thank you, Tia." Luna then nudged Celestia until they heard the baby crying.

---------------------

Celestia opened her eyes as tears fell on her cheeks. She then ran into her tent and began to sob on her bed. "Tia, what's wrong?" Luna asked.

"I'm just...glad that I didn't break your promise ever since we had to take care of our nephew," Celestia replied. Luna then wrapped her wing to comfort her and laid down with her.

---------------------

Charming Thunder walked into a room where a cradle stood. He placed his clawed arm on it and moved it back and forth. "Like so many things in life, something is missing," Charming Thunder thought to himself. "But what? I've got an army of shadow minions and droids, this new form and--" His brain then remembered something as he smiled in his helmet. "The tracking beacon I placed on that foolish unicorn." He then took out his comlink and turned it on to reveal the map of Equestria. The red beep reveals where Trixie hides as he noticed the location. "The crystal caves beneath Canterlot." He turned off his comlink and puts it away. As he exited the room, he noticed the shadow trooper commander and said, "Prepare your forces."

"Yes, my lord," the trooper said and runs off through the hallway. Charming Thunder looked out of the window and stared at Canterlot castle as he chuckled.

---------------------

The mane six along with Trixie gathered as they discussed what Celestia told them. "Let me," Rainbow Dash said. "Charming Thunder's father was a friend of my ancestor and Nightmare Moon must pay."

"I have to agree with Rainbow," Applejack said. "Nightmare Moon killed my ancestor too."

"No," Twilight protested. "Its too risky for you two. You heard what the princess said. Only one must face him."

"No," Luna interrupted. "Nightmare Moon was my creation. I am the one who is responsible for all of this to happen."

"Yes," Rainbow said. "But without you, who will fight Charming Thunder's army? Besides he doesn't know where we are."

"Think again, pathetic pegasus," Charming Thunder's voice shouted as a swarm of shadow troopers ran past him and droidekas rolled down and surrounded the group. Celestia and Cadence came out of their tent to notice everyone panicing as the soldiers blocked their path in every corner. The troops and the droids aimed their weapons at them as Charming Thunder walked towards them. "After all this time, this is the only place you hide." He then turned to Trixie and smiled inside his helmet. "Dear Trixie, I always knew that you would be some of use to me." Trixie gasped as the others tried to resist the grasp of the shadow troopers.

"What are you talking about?" Twilight asked.

"Why she lead me right to you, princess."

"You are a liar."

"And look what else I caught in my net. Princesses Celestia, Luna, and Cadence. Another miracle no doubt. I shall remedy that." He then turned to the other ponies as he announced, "There will be a celebration in Ponyville tomorrow at dawn and YOU are all invited to intend to see five of Twilight's friends including her faithful assistant die." He turned his attention to a trooper and gestured. "Lock them up."

The soldiers began to drag everyone away as Trixie grabbed his cape and begged, "Please don't do this." Charming Thunder turned to Trixie with a grin in his helmet. She then lets go and looks down to the ground as she sobs.

"Take her and the princesses to the mayor's office. And make sure that they stay there." The soldiers nodded and dragged Trixie out of the cave.