• Published 24th Jun 2014
  • 997 Views, 7 Comments

Nightmare's Nightmare - Draconaquest



Princess Luna has been back in Equestria for over a year, and one nightmare has always haunted her. Now, that nightmare has come true.

  • ...
3
 7
 997

A Nightmare's Return

Dreamscape cackled and laughed. Everypony backed away. "No.." Luna said.

"EVERYPONY FOR HERSELF!!!" Pinkie Pie shouted. She dashed to the door.

"Now, don't be so hasty." Dreamscape said. Her horn shone and Pinkie crashed into a magical barrier.

Luna used a spell on Twilights cage. "Get Twilight to safety." Luna told the ponies, "Return to Ponyville. I must face Dreamscape. "

"You got it Princess Luna!" Rainbow Dash said and Everypony dashed to the entrance, only to be stopped by another magical barrier.

Luna approached Dreamscape. "I don't wish to fight you sister." Luna said.

"Oh please," Dreamscape said, "You're really going with that routine? Well, in that case.." Dreamscape shot a magical beam from her horn at Luna, sending her flying into a wall.

"Very well, sister." Luna said. She shot a beam at Dreamscape. Dreamscape created a force field deflecting the magical beam. Luna flew around Dreamscape and created images of herself to confuse Dreamscape.

Dreamscape flew into the air and, shot several shot at the fake Luna's. The real Luna came up behind Dreamscape and shot a magical beam at Dreamscapes back. Dreamscape crashed into the ground, and the force field surrounding the castle dissipated.

Twilight and her friends ran out of the castle as fast as they could, while Dreamscape stood up. She opened her wings and flew at Luna tackling her. Luna crashed into the castle's ceiling, and fell to the ground.

Luna stood up and dodged a beam shot by Dreamscape. Luna levitated part of a broken wall, and put it in front of her. However, it only took one of Dreamscape's beams to break through it. Luna then shot a beam at Dreamscape and quickly created a force field to protect her.

Luna knew that the force field wouldn't last very long, not with how strong Dreamscape was. Luna also knew that there was only one magic that could defeat Dreamscape. Darkness. A darkness that Luna swore she would never awaken again. But, she had no choice. She had to awaken the nightmare within.

Luna's eyes shone white, and she began to rise up. a dark cloud surrounded her. Her coat turned darker than night and her mane became flowing like a huge cloud. Light blue armor covered portions of her, and her pupils became silts. Her teeth became jagged and there was a blinding flash of darkness.

The cloud dissipated and Dreamscape looked into the face of Nightmare Moon.