• Published 24th Jun 2014
  • 995 Views, 7 Comments

Nightmare's Nightmare - Draconaquest



Princess Luna has been back in Equestria for over a year, and one nightmare has always haunted her. Now, that nightmare has come true.

  • ...
3
 7
 995

The Northen Wastelands

The Northern Wastelands were known for their bogs and swamps. They were full of geysers and quicksand, concealed by the fog and mist that flows in the air. The Wastelands were always ready to take a ponies life. Nopony ever came there, unless in dire circumstances. And right now, the circumstances were dire. So when Princess Luna, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, arrived in the Wastelands, they had to be careful.

"Watch your step," Luna warned, "You never what could be under the soil,"

"That's a happy thought." Rainbow said sarcastically.

"Who would have a castle here?" Rarity asked.

"Somepony who either wanted to be left alone," Luna explained, "Or a pony who wanted to hide something from somepony."

The soil shifted behind them. A create resembling a prairie dog came out of the soil. Fluttershy looked at it and thought it was cute.

"Aww," She exclaimed. "And who are you little guy?"

Luna looked behind her, and spotted the Fluttershy admiring the prairie dog-like creatures. Luna gasped. "Fluttershy!" She shouted. "Get away from that thing!"

"But it's just a little prairie dog." Fluttershy said. Just then the creature became covered in spikes and opened it's mouth to take a bit out of Fluttershy's hoof. Fluttershy pulled her hoof away just in the nick of time. "What are those things?!" She yelled.

"They're zellies!" Luna explained, "They look cute and cuddly one second, but the next, their covered in spikes trying to make you their dinner!" The ponies gathered in a circle, ready too defend themselves. Suddenly Luna had an idea. "Rainbow Dash! Fluttershy! Grab Applejack and Pinkie Pie, and fly up!"

"Where?" Rainbow asked.

"Straight up!" Luna shouted.

As the zellies closed in, Rainbow grabbed Applejack and flew her up, Fluttershy grabbed Pinkie Pie and did the same, and Luna grabbed Rarity, and lifted her out of the reach of the zellies.

"Where to now?" Dash asked.

Luna cocked her head to the left and said, "That way. And keep your eyes pealed for that castle."

The pegusi and Luna carrying the others flew to the left and looked for a castle.

"So what will this castle look like Princess?" Applejack asked.

"I'm not sure." Luna admitted. "Though I believe it might look a little old and crumbled."

They flew for a few more minutes with no sight of anything in sight. "I'm getting a feeling that the letter was a hoax." Rainbow said.

"It's possible." Luna said. "But we shouldn't stop looking."

"Come on!" "Rainbow exclaimed. "My arms are getting tired."

Applejack glared at Rainbow Dash. "Well, would you rather put me down and have me get eaten?"

"Um, girls?" Fluttershy mumbled.

"I'm starting to want to!" Dash yelled at Applejack.

"Then what's stopping you?" Applejack asked.

"Girls?"

"Luna's stopping me!"

"What? No, don't drag me into this! Although I am stopping you!

"Uh, girls?"

"So why don't you just drop me, and let the zillies eat me?!"

"GIRLS!!!" Fluttershy shouted. Everypony looked at her. "Is that the castle?" Fluttershy asked cocking her head to the left. The ponies gasped at the sight of an old, crumbling castle. It looked like it would collapse at any second.

"That looks about right." Luna said. The ponies flew to the ground and stared at the castle. They could feel the evil emanating from it, as if it would soon attack them.

"Do we have to go inside?" Rarity asked.

"Do you wish to see Twilight and Celestia again?" Luna asked in response.

"Of course I do!" Rarity said.

"Then we must enter." Luna replied. The ponies entered the front gate, with Luna in front of the pack of ponies. The main hall was dull and crumbling. Tapestries were ripped and torn, walls falling apart, and the ground squeaking beneath their hooves.

They enter the throne room, where they spotted Twilight Sparkle sitting in a cage. "Twilight!" Luna shouted.

Twilight turned around and spotted the ponies. "You came!" She shouted with glee. Twilight was covered in bumps and bruises, as if she had been in a fight. "This cage is magically sealed! I can't get out!"

"Don't worry Twi!" Rainbow shouted. "We'll get you out of there!" While Twilight best friends went to her, Luna walked to the center of the throne room.

"Dreamscape!" Luna shouted, "Reveal yourself!"

A pony then walked out of the shadows, a pony with a sparkling mane and tail. Everypony looked and the pony and gasped, even Luna.

"Hello, Luna." Princess Celestia said.