• Published 28th Jul 2014
  • 7,184 Views, 150 Comments

Son of Chaos - TheNomad



Discord goes to a Chaotic dimension in search of a friend, he returns with something he didn't expect... He returns with a son.

  • ...
23
 150
 7,184

[Not Edited] Chapter %

Strife ran through the streets in his pony form Better Days. He dodged and weaved between ponies as he ran. Many of these ponies just ignored him or yelled at him. He didn't care though, he just kept running with an angered look.

"I can't believe I was so blind." He mumbled "She controls the moon for Faust's sake!" Strife looked up, the sun was high in the sky, almost noon. 'I need more time!' He thought. 'I know I'm going to regret this.' "Whelp here goes nothing." He sighed and made a sharp turn, then he headed for Canterlot Castle.

"Canterlot Castle isn't all that bad. INfact I kinda like it." Strife said aloud. "Kinda, not completely, to much... white. Not saying white is a bad thing, it's just hard not to grab the nearest pack of crayons and start drawing. But besides all the white the the placement of the Castle is quite lovely. Built on the side of a mountain, and with no balloons to keep it there too! But if you knock out even one support then it will all come down. That would be- oh I'm here."

Better Days looked out at the large doors that lead into Canterlot Castle. In front of them was a long line of mostly ponies, some being poor, well off, or of noble birth, all for the same reason. To talk to the princess, but sadly since it was almost lunch the Princess's day court was out for an hour or so. So she could eat of course. As well the line was slowly dissipating.

He sighed "I don't have time for this." He pulled out an old dust brown scarf out of his old patch ridden saddle bags. Once that was on he put on a pare of goggles. Taking a hoof full of dirt he began to powder it all over his face and body.

"Dirty, check. Goggles, check. Scarf, check. Bags, check. Looking good at looking poor? So checked!" Strife said looking at his attire. Running in a circle for a bit he bolted to the Castle's front door. He was stopped by the guards at the gate. His breathing was ragged "Ah'msosorry! ThetrainwasrunninglateandAhhadtodoextraworkdownintheminesdownatAppleloosasoAhcouldn'tgethereintimeand-"

The guard cut him off "I'm sorry sir but like everyone else you're going to have to come back later."

"Ah can't!" The dirtied stallion almost yelled. "Peace Ah only have an hour left in Canterlot then Ah havetoheadbacktoAppleloosaIthenAhwontbeabletoask-"

"Sir Calm down" The guard asked.

The other stallion started to hyperventilate. "Oh Faust oh Faust! Please sir! You have to let me in! Ah made the reservations to talk to the Princess almost three mouths ago! Ah have to see her! Please!" The Stallion was on the verge of tears.

"Three mouths?"

He only nodded.

The guard took out the 'VIP' list, only to see a name he could swear wasn't their before, "Better Days?"

"Yea that's me!" The tattered stallion said. "So you'll let me in now?

"Her highness does need to eat as well, so I'm sorry but-"

The stallion started to cry, he then feel down at the guard's hooves "ThetrainwasrunninglateandAhhadtodoextraworkdowninthemines! Ahcouldn'tgethereintime! Itwasn'tmyfault! Ahmadereservations!"

The guard looked at the empty court yard and said "Let me see if her highness can have you. But I make no promises."

"Oh thank you!" The crying stallion gave the guard a hug before the guard walked inside. He looked back and forth before seeing a maid, "Miss!" He called out.

"Yes?"

"Go tell the princess she has a VIP the wishes to see her."

"All right."

The guard walked back out side and said "I sent her a message, but don't hold you breath."


Her highness Princess Celestia sat at a long table. She nibbled on some bread sticks waiting for her meal. Today's court still fresh in her mind. 'For all the trouble I have with Day court it's not always so bad.' She let out a light giggle, 'The one mare was so shy! Oh what was her name... Cheerilee? Yes I think it was, I simple must find a time for her class to visit the castle. A little field trip always seems to liven this place up.

A soft knocking brought The Princess out of her thoughts. At one of the side doors was a maid, and she began to speak. "Your highness, I was told to tell you that there is a VIP to see you."

Celestia looked at the maid and sighed, "Do I really have too? These nobles are starting to ware me out! I'm going to have to burn that VIP list, all it does is make nobles think they're better than everyone else!" She got up and walked up to the maid. "I'll be with them in one minute."

"Yes, your highness." She then took off.

"I do dislike these nobles." She said aloud to her self as she walked to the throne room. "Oh I can't look at the sun, it hurts my eyes!" She said in a fake snooty voice, "Why is there only ten types of of cheeses at the gala and not all of them? Why can't I be a princes like Blueblood?" She grumbled all the why to the throne before sitting down. Taking a deep breath and making herself look as regale as possible she said, "Let them in."

'I think I just might let this noble have...' She then saw a grey stallion walk in, he wore an old scarf and bag, obviously hand-me-downs. He was caked in dirt and wore goggles. '... a piece of my mind.'

The stallion hesitantly walked to the princess, before dropping a bow.

TH-WACK

The princess grimace as the nervous unicorn rubbed his sore muzzle. "Yer Highness, Ah'm sorry that I was late." He gulped. "It justthatAhreservedthisandAhhatetomeetwithya-"

"It's fine, do not worry." She smiled at the clumsy stallion. "You came he for a reason, so please tell me, what is it?"

"Well ya see," He rubbed the back of his head. "Two years and two hundred seventy days ago I met the gal of ma life. Also being the thousandth Summer Sun Celebration Ah thought maybe you could make the night last longer." He gulped.

Celestia's eyes widened only by a millimeter. A small bit, but still just enough. "Make the night last longer?"

"Yeah, you see my gal she just loves the stars. Ah wanted to propose and Ah thought she would love a dance under the stars. But It bein' summer and what not, night time is just so short and Ah just want to make it perfect. Ya know? I understand if you don't want to make the night longer fer tonight, but please ah'm asking, no beggin' ya. Please." He was on his knees and had his hooves together in the classic begging motion.

Celestia looked down at the stallion a smile began to make it's way to her lips. She got off her throne and walked up to the stallion. "I think I can you that." She said as she placed on hoof on his shoulder.

"Oh thank ya!" The stallion cried pulling the Princess into a hug so tight that a bear trap would be jealous. He let go, and a blush tinted his cheeks. "Sorry yer highness, Ah got a bit carried away."

She laughed. "It's alright. But please do tell me, what is this lucky mare like?"

"Ah could go on and on about Moon! She's one of the smartest gals Ah know! She also knows just when to listen and just what to say. Her eyes oh how they sparkle!" He looked at the ground, "Sorry fer troubling you, princess. I'll git goin'"

"Oh it's fine. It was wonderful meeting you. I give you the best of wishes on your proposal."

"Oh thank ya Princess! Ah really can't thank ya enough!" He waved as he left, and he left the castle the a spring in his step. The Princess went back to her lunch a smile still plastered onto her face.

'I can't believe she was right... I can't believe it.' The princess thought.


Strife skipped down the streets of Canterlot. His smile was as plane as day. 'Glad that's over, but you know, who still got it? That's right, I still got it! That was easier than shooting fish in a barrel!' The sun still high in the sky, and Strife knew just what to do. "It's all coming together. Soon... So soon." A soft chuckle rose to his lips, soon that chuckle became a strong laughter, then it faded away all together as he let out a sigh.

"Today is the day." He said to himself as he walked, he just couldn't help himself. With a double tap from his right hoof music began to play, and he begun to sing. "Fly me to the moon! Let me play among the stars. Let me see what spring is like on a-Jupiter and Mars." The rest of the song wasn't heard as he turned into dust and flew of on the wind.

Author's Note:

Do feel free to comment, I love reading comments. A write down any questions you may have or any theories you have about the story, I'd love to hear them! And also tell me any mistakes I might have, thank you and have a good one, all of you. :D