• Published 28th Jul 2014
  • 7,184 Views, 150 Comments

Son of Chaos - TheNomad



Discord goes to a Chaotic dimension in search of a friend, he returns with something he didn't expect... He returns with a son.

  • ...
23
 150
 7,184

[Not Edited]Chapter $




The following story has not been edited in any way read my bad grammar and spelling at your own risk. But feel free to point out any of my errors. I have no idea how many there are...




The Day Before Nightmare Moon's return

"Now... Where do I begin?" Strife asked himself as he paced back and forth in front of a chalk board. "You could always just build a cannon... no... yeah no that would NOT work." Said the draconequus "The opposite of harmony is chaos. But you already know this." He grumbled to a near by mirror. "Now I'm just spit balling here, how about you take a break. hmm?" Suggested the reflection. "What?! I can't!" His inverted friend raised an eye brow. "Can't or wont?" Strife gritted his teeth. "Wont." The mirrored man sighed "You need a break, get some sleep! Staying up 24/7 will not help anyone!" Strife glared at the mirror. "Not working won't help either!" His counter part just pinched the bridge of his nose, before turning back into a simple refection.

Strife conjured a chair, and sat down. With a sigh and a snap if his claw a wine glass appeared in his hand. "Maybe..." He began "I should take a break... There is no use in arguing with myself." He then poured some water into his glass. "But where would I go?" He wondered as he took a sip. "What would I do?" He pondered. "I could rest under a tree; in a hammock! I could listen to the birds and... and uh... read a book!"

"Normal ponies do that. They also go sight seeing! Well... I've already see most of the world..." He sighed "Well whats wrong with reruns?" He said to on one. "Well. now that I think of it." With a snap of his claw-


Tome Finder walked through the Canterlot Archive as he did on many days. The Light brown Unicorn didn't mind his job, in fact he loved it. All he had to do was walk and use his magic to feel the book. Strange job to those who didn't under stand its importance. All he had to do was feel all the books and write down if they were there or not. Simple. So far he had went over 10 million books of the over 15 million books in the collection. Only 24 of the 10 million books were not in the library at this time; due to the small amount of ponies even aloud in. "Almost done." He sighed happily.

The dead silence of the library was interrupted by a soft ding. The dark wooded book selves allowed sound to traverse the silent halls with ease. Tome Finder's dull grey eyes widen behind his glasses as he looked back through the towering hall of literature. Alas he knew what that bell was, "Coming!" He yelled, as he quickly backtracked through the halls.

After a few minuets he was at the entrance of the Archive. A large semi-circle desk sat about ten feet in front of the entrance's large wooden doors. The desk had scatted papers strewn across it's surface. Standing in front of the desk was a young lavender mare.

"Hello, you rang?" He asked in his monotone voice as he walked up to the desk.

"Yes, I wanted to ask if you had the book 'Lore; Equestria Edition'?"

Levitating a clip board off the desk he asked "Name?"

"Mr. Finder you already know my name." She deadpanned.

"Name?" He repeated

"Twilight Sparkle." She sighed

"May I see your Cutie Mark?" He asked.

She reply with a turn of her body to get him the best view of her Cutie Mark. Looking between his Clipboard and the mare's flank he asked "Why would you like that book Mrs. Sparkle?"

"The Princess recommended it."

"LIES!" He snapped at her.

Twilight took a step back, "wha-what?"

Mr. Finder's angry expression faded away and fell into a grin before he let out a fit of load laughter. "Ah-HAHAHA I GOT YOU THERE HAHAHA, THE LOOK ON YOUR FACE!"

The lavender mare winced at the stallion's very very loud laughter.

"HA... hahaha...ha Sorry Twilight, It just couldn't be helped, not much to talk to except the book." He said smiling. "Come with me, I'll get the book."

Tome Finder lit his horn and began down one of the hallways of books as Miss Sparkle begrudgingly followed. After a moment or two she caught up with the brown unicorn.

"You really should lighten up Twilight, it was just a joke after all."

"Well It wasn't funny." She grumbled

"O' come on, it's not like it killed you or anything."

Tome's only response was a few angry grumbles.

"Hey calm down we're almost to your book."

After a few minuets Tome Finder pulled out a hefty looking book with his magic and tossed it to Twilight. He then turned around and began his way down the forest of books.

"Where are you going?" she asked catching the thrown book.

"Back to checking all the books." He said as he dissipated down the dusty halls of books.

Twilight stood there. Alone in the empty section of the library. Twilight shivered and took a quick glance around. "I forgot how creepy this place is when" she made an audible gulping noise. "you're... alone." Her breathing increased and her eyes began to shrink as she felt as if something was watching her. Reading out every single one of her moves, right down to the amount of sweat droplets beginning to form on her now panicked face. Six, six droplets of sweat formed and began so slowly make their way down her face. "Now I would love to read all these book I thinkIneedtogetgoingokaythanksBYE!!!" she quickly said before bolting out of the labyrinth of books with her new book in tow.


The door made a loud slamming noise as the panicking mare put her full body weight on the door. Twilight breathed loudly as her eyes darted between the two confused guards.

"Miss Sparkle?" Asked the first guards.

"y-yes?"

"Did something happen?" Asked the second guard.

"Yes..."

"What happened?" The first guard asked.

"Well... It's hard to explain."

"Try me." Said the second guard, before looking to the other guard. "Us. Try us."

"Well, it seems rather silly now but I felt like I was being watched ha... ha."

"Get going." The First guard deadpanned.

Twilight walked away with a sheepish look. As Twilight walked down the hall she didn't hear the guards continue to talk.

"I told you I wasn't the only one." Said the second guard.

"Shut up." Said the First.


Twilight made her way thought the maze that was a castle. If she didn't come here almost everyday for almost more than half her life she knew she would have been lost. She made her way out of the castle. On her way out she said "Hello." to the guards she passed, they gave her a nod in return. She existed one of the many side entrance, the door let out into the southwester area of the gardens. A small ways away, Twilight could see the famous Canterlot statue garden, sitting right next too the also famous Canterlot Maze.

Taking a left, Twilight left to gardens through a servant entrance and started her way to her favorite "spot" to read. The "spot" was right next to one of Canterlot's many parks, but not so close ponies would disturb her reading. It sat under an old tree that was there long before she was born. The tree is self was right next to a stream and only a few feet away from the bridge that let you cross the stream. The bridge was never crowded with ponies, because the bridge, tree, stream, and park were all located in the Noble's area of Canterlot.

As she made her way to the "spot" she couldn't help but get giddy as she approached her reading spot. She levitated the book infront of her, she traced a hoof over the old, but well maintained book cover. "What do you hold? And why would the Princess want me to read you?" She asked to her self before putting the book back into her saddle bags. She looked to see her "spot" and somepony else in her "spot".

Twilight continued her way to her "spot" and began to get a clearer image of the Unicorn in it. He was lying on a white hammock that was tied to the tree and a newly put pole. His grey coat was easily spotted on the white surface of the white sheet... wait... as Twilight got closer she could see that the hammock was not made of a sheet but of clouds. She could see the Unicorn's blue horn clear as day through his black and white mane.

Twilight picked up her pace, blinked a few extra times as she closed in on the unicorn. 'Unicorns can't lay down on clouds! It's impossible! Only pegasi can walk on clouds... well unless you have a cloud walking spell. But even I don't know that! Not yet anyway.' She thought to her self. As she got closer she began to hear a soft tune. The sound was coming from a small music box. It was just a little bit bigger than her hoof. The wooden box was simple yet elegant. The think that was moving the golden handle to play the box was less elegant. It was a potted cactus with sunglasses and a sombrero, it moved the handle with on of it's cactus arms.

'Enough of this craziness, Twilight! First we're going to find out how he's on that cloud. Then we're getting "our spot" back!' With that small bit of encouragement to herself she was next to the Unicorn. His eyes were shut and he softly kicked one of his back hooves to keep the hammock swinging slowly.

Twilight got the strangers atation by clearing her throat. "Ahem."

The grey colt opened one red eye. "Yes~?"

"You may not know this, but you are in my spot." The lavender mare said.

The Stallion sat up and looked at Twilight. "Oh really?"

"Yes, you are. But I completely understand that you didn't know. So if you could kindly move I would appreciate it very much."

"Oh yes, I'll do that right now." The grey pony said as he put his fore hooves behind his head and snuggles deeper into the cloud.

"Uh... You're not moving are you?"

"What gave you that idea?" He asked with a mocking look of sympathy.

Twilight gave the stallion a glare.

"If looks could kill I bet I'd be half way to hell right now. But they don't so... you can go a shoo off."

"UGH! You're a real jerk!" She said firmly.

"Says the one trying to kick someone out of their seat." he stated obviously. "You know what? I'll be nice." With a flash of his magic the hammock was gone. The male Unicorn looked down as Twilight (It was quite easy do to the fact he stood a full head taller than Twilight).

"Wha... wha... what?! That was a transmutation spell! I can't even do that!"

"Just because you can't doesn't mean I can't." With another flash Twilight saw her self standing on a picnic blanket. She looked as the stallion (who now had a picnic basket) as he began to speak. "I'm not moving. But you can sit with me if you like. This is a nice as I'm willing to get."

'If I want to sit here I'm going to have to deal with him...' "Ugh fine." She sat down on the blanket. "So what is your name?"

"The name is... Better... Days... yes, It's Better Days." He gave the mare a smile. He started walking in a circle on the blanket before sitting down (much like how a cat or dog would).

"I'm Twilight Sparkle."

"It's nice to meet you Miss Sparkle." He said taking food out of the basket. "Care for some food?"

"No thank you."

"More for me then." He said taking a bite out of the basket.

The mare gave Better Days an uneasy look."

"What?" He asked swallowing the basket.

"You... just..."

"Just what?" He asked confused.

"Nev- never mind. Just let me read, please." Twilight said taking out her book.

"Read? Mind if I join?"

"Why?" She asked looking into his puppy dog eyes. "Sure."

"YAY!" He took the book from Twilight and began to read. "Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria, there were two regal sisters who ruled together, and created harmony for all the land. This book is already boring... To do this, the eldest used her unicorn powers to raise the sun at dawn; the younger brought out the moon to begin the night. Thus, the two sisters maintained balance for their kingdom and their subjects, all the different types of ponies. All this talk of balance and harmony in going to make me throw up! But as time went on, the younger sister became resentful. Oh I think I hit the good part!"

"You know what? Let me read it!" Twilight said angerly.

"NO!"

"Yes!" Twilight then forcefully took the book out of his hooves and started reading. "The ponies relished and played in the day her elder sister brought forth, but shunned and slept through her beautiful night. One fateful day, the younger unicorn refused to lower the moon to make way for the dawn. The elder sister tried to reason with her, but the bitterness in the young one's heart had transformed her into a wicked mare of darkness: Nightmare Moon."

CRACK!

Twilight jumped at the sound of lighting, the book flew in the air before Better Days caught it with a smirk, and started reading once more.

"She vowed that she would shroud the land in eternal night. Reluctantly, the elder sister harnessed the most powerful magic known to ponydom: the Elements of Harmony. Using the magic of the Elements of Harmony, she defeated her younger sister, and banished her permanently in the moon. The elder sister took on responsibility for both sun and moon... and harmony has been maintained in Equestria for generations since."

"Elements of harmony. I know I've heard of those before... but where?" Twilight said to her self.

"I don't know... but I'd love to know about this prophecy."

"What prophecy?"

"Oh nothing, this is probable just some old wives tale!" He laughed. "Well look at the time!" He said staring straight into the sun, looking back to Twilight with burnt eyes he said "It was nice meeting you Miss Sparkle, but I really must get going, I have to help a friend." finally with a burst of light he was gone.

Twilight looked at the spot where the stallion once stood. "Note to self, if I every find that pony again(or any one like him) study them!"

Author's Note:

The new Image was done by me, I was at my niece's birthday party and got a hold of paper. Also if anyone has any theorys of what might happen say them down below! I love to hear feedback! See you all next time!