• Published 29th May 2014
  • 887 Views, 44 Comments

Laughter has two faces. - ParadoxPony



-Ask Fic- Queen Pinkamena Diane Pie. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think? If only her former friends thought the same way! Why can't they see she is just doing this for everyponys' good. So they can all be...happy.

  • ...
4
 44
 887

Ch.1: long live the queen.

Vinyl Scratch.

"Another day in hell." I said in a voice much too chipper for my liking. I was looking at a reflection I did not recognize. this mare staring back at me in the mirror. That wasn't me. Her mane could be related to a field of blue, round flowers. And I hated it. I missed the scruffy thing that once lay peacefully on my head that I called a mane. I missed my purple lens shades. But most of all, I missed my roommate. I could almost smell the rose scented perfume that I disliked so much, and her gray fur was almost tangible! Now, I know what you're thinking, go get her Vinyl! That's your mare Vinyl! Well, you're wrong. Octi and I never had any of that go'n. I mean, come on! The awesome Vinyl Scratch getting in a relationship? P-lease! Beside, I'm interested in stallions, not mares.

My thoughts were interrupted by my doorbell, a cheerful harmony of high-pitched notes and whistles. I gritted my teeth and forced a more than fake smile in the direction of the pony standing before me.

"Chipper Wing! What a pleasure to see you!" i said with as much enthusiasm as I could muster.

"Vinyl!" The neon purple pegasus lunged himself at me in a bear hug. I hated him, even more than I hated my house.

"You know what would make me happy Vinyl?" He said in a sly tone, but still cheerful.

He leaned in until his mouth was a mere breath away from my ear and said, "You."

I gritted my teeth again between my every heartbeat. I defiantly hated him. Thanks to our new queen, this was law. What this stallion was suggesting was perfectly legal! Anything to make a pony happy, those were the rules. Anypony to brake them, and...well..

His gross, wet tongue graced my cheek. Eww.

"Oh?" That was as much as I could getting out without beating the horse out of this stallion.

"Ye-ah." He whispered suavely, still close to my ear.

"Right... Oh! Hey, it's berry punch!" To my relief, Chipper's eyes followed in the direction I was pointing to. The one thing e loved more than mares, was to drink.

"You'll have to excuse me Vinyl," he said in a hurried tone, " but I, uh, I need to, uh... Talk to her! Yes! About...A party!"

"Sure thing!" Yuck...I never said that.


Queen Pinkamena.

The parties and drunken ponies around me twisted my smile into a mess of odd shaped lines and curves, and I could feel sanity slipping away...

"Your magissssstyyy." A drunk pony wobbled up to her balloon throne and waved a hoof at me in a slurred voice. "You....Wait. YOU! Are. So pretty. I just can't."

The stallion fell to the ground, foaming at the mouth. And this...Didn't make me happy.

"GUARDS!"

immediately, two rainbow colored guards, each with a bright smile on their face, dragged the man outside and dumped him into the the streets, but not before bringing out a red hot brander, and pressing it against the drunkard's flank. He howled on pain as it burned his skin, everypony stopped to look, all smiles. That meant they were happy, right? The guards let off him and stared at their work. Sure enough, three balloons were branded on his flank, covering his cutie mark. They grabbed a hold of him once more and did the same thing to the other side of his body. My smile grew wider, wouldn't yours?

With one last cry of pain the job was done and the guards disappeared as quickly as they had came. I did not stay for the last part, for I knew what was to come...


Vinyl Scratch.

Happy, happy happy!
Everypony's happy!

I sat next to my studio. At first glance, it would be hard to believe that this place once was a home to my many wubs. now the pink paint covers over a once black and neon blue wall. I have to play this "Happy joy" song all morning long! The only thing that could make this day worse is if-

I heard the screams and instantly knew what was going down. Somepony was being punished, that meant a party. that meant....

Twenty or so ponies burst into my shop, putting decorations up just as quickly as they had appeared here, if not faster! I smiled on through the rush, and even helped some. Stay happy...Stay happy...

The stallion whom I heard screaming earlier was dragged in by a couple of cheerful earthponies. This was a good thing, and a bad thing. A very bad thing... They tied the drunk and hurt stranger 's hooves behind his back and then hung that rope to the ceiling. They all cheered as the first blow was struck and the drunkard yelped in pain. A nasty looking bruise formed on his eye and I cringed. Then something else, a hoof was stroking my flank. Then I knew who it was that just joined the party...

"Hey Vinyl...It would make me so happy if you were to join me in the other room."

Anger boiled up inside of me.

"Um," I said. "You know, I think standing over there would make me happy."

Before he had a chance to answer, I was already trotting to the center of the room where the large amount of ponies stood, and where the man was hanging. I thrust my back hooves into his side, earning another cheer from the crowd and cry of pain from my victim. I knew it was wrong, but I knew why we did it to. It is the only way to get any other emotion other than happiness out of our system, even if it means at the expense, and possible life, of another.

The party lasted all night and much of the morning. By daybreak all had lost interest in the now unconscious stallion. I wasn't sure if he was dead or not, and wasn't about to go check either. For his sake. If any interest was to be re-shown in him, the crown would too. No, I'll just wait till after the party.

Everypony had gone home, including Chipper Wing- thank Celestia's ghost- and I had cut the ropes that bound the stallion down, toppling him to the floor in a heap of blood and fur.

"Hey." I said, poking his side. There was no reaction. I kept my smile on and poked him a few more times. he was dead, beaten to death. I wonder if he even saw it coming? How long has this dead stallion been hanging up there?

Author's Note:

Welp! This will be interesting!
REMEMBER! This is an ask fic so you may ask the characters questions, no mater if they are mane character or not!
~Thanks!