• Published 29th May 2014
  • 678 Views, 5 Comments

The Little Sister - Z-A-C



During a "special" night mission, Seth hears a scream. He abandons his main objective and goes to investigate the scream.

  • ...
10
 5
 678

Chapter Seven

Elaine's POV


I don't really know what to think or feel about Seth. I'm happy that I found him, and that he's alive, but is he really? He's died once... I thought. And I know he said he would show me how he came back, but.... Do I really want to know? And then there's the whole sex with a decomposing pony thing. I shook my head. I don't want to think about that, not right now. I looked up at him. I wonder why he didn't share his real name when he first came here? I thought about that a bit more and shook my head. Never mind, I think it makes sense. I wonder when he told them? I looked forward again, and The Mare was staring at both of us with a grin. "What?"

"How was your first time?" She said with a grin.

Seth hung his head. "And now she makes it weird. I was waiting for that..." He said with a sigh. "Anyway, what do you two want to do? Tour the town or go to Ponyville?"

I gave a shocked expression, but tried to recover before they noticed. "She's coming with us?"

Seth shrugged. "If she wants, Twilight was asking about her."

The Mare raised an eyebrow. "Has she now? She's wanting to do more tests, no doubt." She chuckled. "That mare, I swear." She said with a smile. "No, I will not be going to Ponyville. But, I would be glad to give you a tour of my rotted town." I cautiously shook my head. "Well, that's a shame."

"I did want to ask how you became the leader of the town, though." I said politely.

"Ah, well for that, I would have to give a bit of a history lesson." She looked at Seth. "Do you have time?"

He looked at his wrist, which had no watch on it. "Not today, maybe some other day."

The Mare gave him an amused look. "Your going to tell her anyway, aren't you?"

Seth smiled. "You know me so well, that it concerns me."

She smiled back. "I only know what you tell me."

"Which is way too much." He shook his head playfully. "But no, I'll leave the story telling pleasure to you, my dear undead, eyeless creep." I looked at him with a worried expression. Why did you say that?!

"My thanks, my lovely resurrected, spawn of Tartarus." The Mare said back playfully.

They both laughed and Seth looked back at me. "Shall we take our leave?" I nodded. "Right then. Mare, it's been a pleasure."

"It was nice to see you too. And it was nice to meet you as well, Elaine." She gave a genuine smile. "I hope you come back soon. We don't get many visitors."

I was fighting to pick a good response, but Seth saved me. "I'm sure it's in the future! Don't worry about it, we'll be back soon."

The Mare smiled. "I'm sure you will. Till next time, and tell the Doctor to stay away!"

"If I see him. See ya!" And with that, we left. On the way out of town, we passed by various ponies. Some of which I don't think I could forget. Jaws weren't supposed to be missing or hanging from only one hinge, after all. It was nightmarish to say the least, and I wondered how Seth was treating it like an everyday thing. Then again, it might be for him.


We made it out of Gloomy Town about twenty minutes ago. The walk, so far, had been mostly silent. And it was bugging me. There were a few questions that I had that might be able to be answered without that 'spell' of Seth's. The only problem was picking one. I've been trying to choosing one ever since we left.

"I know you have something on your mind~." Seth sung. "Might as well get it off your chest."

"Umm..." I looked around. How did he know?!

"Yes?"

I decided to go for it and picked one. "I wanted to know about the chains I saw in the hallway. Was it you? Or just another weird thing in that town?"

Seth hummed and nodded. "It was me."

I was awestruck and at the same time, frightened. I had a feeling it might have been him, but I was really hoping it wasn't. "H-how?"

Seth stopped and thought. "Don't know." He shrugged and continued walking.

"How can you not know?!" I yelled.

"I just don't. It just sorta happened. And no, today wasn't the first time I was able to do that, I just don't know how I can." He seemed to think about it. "I think it's an undead power or something, not sure..." He said with a small grin.

I felt my curiosity start to get the better of me. "Can I see more of it?"

He shook his head. "It uses a lot of energy, and I don't have much to spare. That's why there's just been a change in our plans." I raised an eyebrow. "Since I haven't slept yet, we're going back to my house. And I'm going to have a nap. When I'm napping, you can do what ever you want. I'd suggest having Twilight give you a tour of Ponyville. Get to know the place, and what-not. Or you can just stay at the house and do what ever. I'm sure Sparky will keep you company."

I thought about that. "I'm sure that he would, but I think a tour is a good idea."

"Cool, I'll drop you off at the library then. Twilight will be thrilled to see you again."

I chose not to worry about that. Like Seth said, Gloomy Town was the worse part. So everything else this world has should be better, right? At least I can hope...

"I have a wonderment." Seth said suddenly.

"A what?"

"I am wondering about something." He looked at his sister. "Have you ever felt anger? Like you just wanted to rip someone apart?"

I gave him a confused look. "That's a pretty random question. What brought it on?"

"Like I said, I was just wondering." He said with a shrug.

A few moments passed with neither of us speaking. "I have..." I finally answered. "It scared me... I-I think I almost lost control."

"What did you do?" Seth asked, not at all surprised to hear that.

"I grabbed the kitchen knife and almost stabbed mom. I was able to control myself once I got to the doorway."

"I may have to check on something, then." He mumbled to himself, but I heard him. "Did you feel anything afterwards?"

"Fear. It scared me to think I could have killed mom." I shook my head. "That was the only time it's happened. I never want to feel like that again."

Seth stopped and looked over at me. "May I see something?"

"What?"

Seth flipped his eyepatch up. "I want to take a small peek inside your mind, if that's okay?"

"What? Why?" I asked in a worried tone. "Is something wrong with me?"

Seth chuckled. "No, I just want to show you something, if its there. May I?" I reluctantly nodded my head, and looked into Seth's eyes.


Seth's POV


We are now standing in a pink room. "Where are we?" Elaine asked, looking around.

"I would think you'd know." I replied.

"It looks like my room."

"Really pink? For the whole room?" I shook my head. "Anyway. In a way, it is." Seth smiled.

She sighed turned back to me. "Please just tell me where we are." She said in an annoyed tone.

" We are in your mind, dear sister."

"But how does it look like my room?"

"Oh, this isn't all of it. And as for why, I have no idea. The entrance for mine is a black and white chamber." I walked over to the door and opened it. "It could be because you spend most of your time in your room?" I shrugged. "Shall we see what's out there?" Elaine nodded her head and followed me as we stepped out of the door. We stepped out into a hallway. I nodded my head and started to search a few doors.

After searching four of the rooms I found the one I was looking for. "Found it!" I yelled. Elaine gave a startled noise and slowly walked over to me.

"What did you find?" She asked cautiously.

"What I was looking for." I simply said as he opened the door a bit more and walked in. I saw Elaine look into the room with a furrowed brow. "Wow," I said looking around the room. And in front of me was a girl with black hair, pale skin, and fully black eyes. Her make up made it look like she's been crying black tears. "Never figured you for a goth enthusiast, Elaine." I joked.

"W-who is she?" Elaine asked worriedly. Ignoring my comment.

"Don't know yet." I looked at the her again. "Hello? Do you have a name?" She nodded. "Can you speak?" She nodded her head again. "Hmm..."

"Who is she?" Elaine asked again, calmer this time.

"Your demon." I turned toward my sister, and saw the frightened look on her face. "Oh, don't be so concerned. Every one has a demon, at least in this sense. It seems like you're the Silent Killer type."

She raised an eyebrow. "Silent Killer?"

"Yep, you know, kills without a sound. There are a few more types of demons. All unofficial names, by the way. But I won't tell you, if you don't ask."

"So," Elaine hesitantly started to speak. "She's mine?" The demon and Seth nodded. She looked at me. "Are there any exorcists in Ponyville?"

I chuckled. "She's not that kind of demon. In this case, she's the embodiment of your anger and hatred. The more of those feelings you 'store', the stronger she gets."

"But I hardly get angry." She said with a concerned look on her face.

"That explains why she is so tame. Mine isn't. On that note, if you try to get rid of her, she will only get angry. And trust me, that's not a good thing." Elaine slowly walked toward her. "Oh, and don't give her a name. That will give her power over you."

She stopped. "But she said she had a name."

I hummed in thought. "I guess she did. Then, in this case, don't rename her. Simple, huh?"

Elaine walked up to her demon. "What is your name?"

This may work after all. I thought with crossed arms and a raised eyebrow. "What are you planning?"

"I just want to try something." She said without taking her eyes off of her demon. "You can talk to me." She said sweetly.

The demon looked over at me for a few seconds before looking back at Elaine. "My name is too complicated for mortal tongue," She finally spoke. "But you may call me Cassie." Her voice was soft and kind. Which was so eerie, it sent shivers down my spine. "I have been with you for one year's time. I am pleased that you a kind mistress."

Elaine didn't seem to know how to respond, and neither did I. Elaine just nodded. "Are you not pleased to meet me?" Cassie said in a concerned tone.

"I imagine she is just overwhelmed." I said. "You seem different though. At least from mine."

Cassie looked at me and then Elaine, who had backed away slightly. Cassie looked back at me. "Why have you brought her here?"

"Time to come clean, is it?" Cassie nodded her head. "I brought her here so she would not make the same mistakes that I have. And to have her understand what you are and where her anger goes. Problem?"

"Merely curious."

"I see." I stroked my beard. "Well to be honest, I didn't really even know you were actually here. But, I got what I wanted. You ready to go, sister of mine?"

Elaine looked at Cassie, who tilted her head. "Yes, I think I am."

"Fare thee well then, Cassie."

"I hope to see you again, Mistress."

I ended the spell before Elaine could respond.


"You okay sis? You're looking a bit pale." Elaine was sitting down on the path, shaking slightly. "Elaine?" I walked over to her with a concerned look on my face. "Elaine, answer me. You alright?"

"I have a demon living inside of me!" She snapped. "How can I be alright!!"

"Calm down!" I yelled back. Having an intimidating effect on Elaine. "Like I said before, many, if not all, people have a demon inside of them. Few find out, and fewer are controlled by them. This won't effect your life in any negative way!" I sat down next to her, and gave her a hug. "You don't have anything to worry about, okay? You can trust me on that."

I managed to get her back on her feet, and we started walking again. "When did you find out about yours?" Elaine asked after a couple minutes.

I sighed and looked up at the canopy in thought. "I think it was about half way through middle school?" I thought a bit more. "Yeah, that's when everything got weird." Elaine threw me a questioning look. "Blackouts, not remembering acts of violence, that sort of thing."

"Can I see it?" Elaine asked out of nowhere.

"See what? My demon?" Elaine nodded her head. I frowned. "Are you sure? If you think Gloomy Town is cringe-worthy, he is a lot worse." I looked over at her. "In fact, I don't think you know what you are asking of me."

"It can't be that bad, right?" I gave a short laugh at that.

"Yeah, right. I don't think you're ready to see him yet. You can hardly deal with your own." I said a bit harshly and looked forward. Suddenly Elaine grabbed my arm, and spun me around. Once I was facing her, she tore off my eyepatch and looked into my eyes.

We were teleported into a dark room. With hardly any light. "Where are we?" Elaine asked with a shaky voice.

I glanced at her with a fierce glare that seemed to scared her even more then the room did. I said nothing and softened the expression on my face. I sighed and snapped my fingers. The lights came on and I could tell that Elaine wished they hadn't. The walls looked like they were made of flesh, and they were stained with what looked to be blood. There were cells to the left of us, which also looked bloody. And what looked to be an operating table in the center of the room. With a body on it. I felt my eye start to bleed, and looked at Elaine.

She began to walk forward, but I put a hand on her shoulder, stopping her. I started to walk towards the body, until it moved. I stopped dead in my tracks, and took on my battle stance. The body sat up and turned its head towards Elaine. And what she saw was pure nightmare fuel. While one eye was still in it's socket, while the other one was hanging from it's. He had no nose, and he was missing most of his face. As for his skin, it looked like it was constantly melting. And bits of bone were showing through in places. He rolled off of the table and landed with a sickening crunch. He started laughing hysterically and began to crawl towards Elaine.

Suddenly he was gone. I frantically looked around, but couldn't find him. Elaine looked at me to find me mouthing 'Don't move' to her. Then he touched her shoulder. She looked terrified and her breaths were shaky. She swallowed the lump that was sure to be in her throat, and looked over. She found a decayed hand on her shoulder. Then she heard his voice. It was scratchy and dry. And what he said scared her a hundred times more then Gloomy Town could ever scare her. "Freeeesssshhhh meeeeeaaaat."

Elaine let out a blood curdling scream and ran over to me. She tried hiding behind me, but I wasn't letting her. I grabbed her by the shoulders and pulled into a hug. "I told you that you weren't ready." I said with a voice that I hoped would comfort her. I looked at where the zombiefied demon was. And he wasn't there. Elaine began shaking more violently. "Elaine?" I looked at her and saw that her eyes were wide, and that she was crying.

I stomped my right foot and a large hooked chain shot up from the floor and wrapped around him. The chain threw him onto the table in the middle of the room, and receded back into the floor. Ezekiel stopped moving and I closed my eye.

Now back in the real world, I grabbed Elaine by the shoulders and held her. "Calm down! We're safe now, we're safe."

Elaine lunged forward and latched onto me. "I'm sorry!!" She repeated over and over again, crying. It tore me up seeing her like this. "It's okay." I said. "We're fine now, let's get you home." But it was like she didn't hear me. She kept repeating 'I'm sorry' over and over. I felt a tear roll down my cheek and knocked her out. I reached up to dry my eyes and my hand was covered in blood. My left eye has been bleeding this whole time.

Author's Note:

Changed the ending so Seth acts more like a caring brother. I think it fits his character better.