• Published 27th May 2014
  • 1,604 Views, 39 Comments

Raise this barn - Nick613



AppleJack is tired of seeing her sister getting bullied, so she decides to do something about it.

  • ...
4
 39
 1,604

ch.3

Around the same time that Diamond Tiara was with Twilight sending a letter to princess Luna, AppleJack was bucking apples and doing other chores around the farm. This time was different. She wasn't focused on her work and she was just as efficient now than she was when she tried to clear the entire orchard herself. Her brother noticed her mistakes and walked up to her to see what might be wrong.

"AppleJack?"

"Yes?"

"Are you ok, you aren't getting half of the apples in all of these tree."

"I'm fine Big Mac, it just...you know what I'm not fine. Did you know that Applebloom and her friends get bullied day in and day out by that brat Diamond Tiara and her awful friends. Even Babs Seed in involved." AppleJack said as a tear fell of her face.

"I realize she is teased from time to time, but we have to take into consideration that they are only fillies, they will stop this nonsense once they mature a little bit."

AppleJack couldn't believe what she was hearing, this was the same pony who defended her against Trixie and practically raised her while Granny Smith worked to pay the bills. Now he was lecturing her about the maturity of young fillies while her sister goes through the almost exact same situation.

"How could you say something like that Big Mac! Our sister is being more than teased. Surely you saw the shiner she had when she came home from school yesterday. That is the result of nopony doing anything about it and I'm tired of it."

"listen sis, I know you are upset, but give it time. The problem will work out eventually, you will see. I've got to go back to the house to help Applebloom get ready for school and start my own chores. Remember what I said."

Big Mac walked back towards the house leaving AppleJack alone with her thoughts again. She looked around, but really didn't see anything because everything was a blur as her anger grew. She yelled out into the orchard in anguish at what to do. As she lay on the ground collecting herself, she knew she had to do something. She would get those fillies if it was the last thing she did.

"This has gone on for far too long. Those fillies will pay, and I will get revenge for the torment my sis has had to struggle threw."

Around this time, AppleJack found herself back at the barn. She took a hard look at it and good memories flooded her mind. Her family reunion, how they all pitched in to help build the barn. "Raise this barn 1,2,3,4" she mumbled to herself in glee. But then she realized that her family, the same people who helped her build the barn they worked so hard on was also the problem. The barn seemed more of a taunt then a good memory the more AppleJack looked at it. Anger returned to her once more as she threw her hoof though the wall of the barn.

"That felt good."

AppleJack thought it helped with what she was feeling to destroy the barn, so that's what she did for the remainder of the day. She hacked, sawed, punched, ripped, and kicked the entire thing down. When it was done, AppleJack was exhausted, but she felt better. She turned around to make eye contact with a scared filly.

"AppleJack, why are you destroying the barn! You really scared me."

"Uh...Applebloom, I was...just getting ready to build a new barn because this one had something wrong with it. yea that's it" AppleJack scolding herself for lying to her sister and not representing her element very well.

"What was wrong with it?"

"Well, the roof was shaky, so I decided that we would build another that would be more stable."

"If you say so, I'm going to get a snack before meeting Sweetie Bell and Scootalo at Sugar Cube Corner."

AppleJack was just about to leave the filly, relieved that she bought the lie, but then a thought accrued to her, and she smiled to herself. If family helped cause the problem and fix it like the barn, then maybe it could also work for the bully situation. AppleJack turned to her sister.

"Sis, while you are out, will you tell Babs Seed that as a family we will rebuild the barn, and she can bring her friends if she likes."

"But AppleJack, I don't want them over here, we don't get along."

"No buts Applbloom. Now run along, your friends are waiting."

"Fine." Applebloom said as she walked away towards Sugar Cube Corner not in the best of moods after hearing her task.

AppleJack watched her sister walk away and she couldn't help to smile. "My plan can start now. Soon no one will bully my family. Now to get supplies for our barn and to "help" Babs Seed and her friends. "

AppleJack chuckled to herself as she went on her way outside the acres. Not aware that Luna knew something was up in Ponyville.

Author's Note:

Well, this ch. just practically wrote itself. It was a blast to write, and develop the characters more. As always. Leave a comment telling me if there is something that needs to be changed or you have an idea for the fic. I already have an idea for what I'm going to to write, but if your idea is better. I might use it with your permission.