• Published 26th May 2014
  • 5,317 Views, 51 Comments

It Takes Three To Tango - TheAlmightySqueeb



A look into the polyamorus lives of Twilight, Spike, and Fluttershy

  • ...
13
 51
 5,317

Chapter 3

Quiet Time

Even during the first few dates, there was still one thing Twilight worried about with her relationship with Fluttershy, and that was how much they had in common. Sure she felt comfortable and even warm around her, but what good would that do in the long run if they didn't have similar traits? Those doubts were soon quelled after their first date and since then, they have truly acted as romantic partners. Kisses, hugs, and a bed has been shared since, and on special evenings such as this, a couch was one of their favorite things to share.

Twilight laid back on the couch as Fluttershy did the same on her body, resting right below her breasts as Twilight held out a book for both of them to read, resting on Fluttershy's tummy. This time alone with each other was very much a time to bond silently. It was this time in the library where they would read about any topic that interested both of them, such as biology books, poetry, or translated tomes from other countries, and speak to one another only through body language. Simple gestures and certain looks took on very specific and new meanings during this time, almost like a language, and both mares spoke it fluently. It was these times with Fluttershy is where her doubts about the mare are doubly laid to rest.

Fluttershy twirled her mane around one of her fingers, which meant she was enjoying this book of Edgar Allen Poeny very much and would wish to come back to it one day. Twilight smiled at herself, quite proud she knew her fillyfriend's tastes so well. Twilight turned the page, but Fluttershy stroked her arm, signalling to go back, which she did until Fluttershy turned the page for her. Fluttershy looked up at Twilight and Twilight looked back, they smilied at one another and gave each other a kiss before returning to the book. They also did this from time to time, though she admits it sometimes gets out of control...

They continued on like this for quite awhile, with occasional outer thigh rubs to signal Twilight to give her the definition of a word Fluttershy pointed out and a game of footsie they liked to do while reading. Spike sometimes joined them when he got the chance, but this time with each other was very much their personal dates, just staying inside and reading with each other. Twilight felt something poking her chin and she looked down at Fluttershy. Apparently she spaced out and forgot she was reading until the yellow mare reminded her. Twilight started on the book again and they soon got back in this habit.

Twilight couldn't believe how beautiful Shy really was. She dressed modestly, but her body looked fantastic under them! Her hair was so long and silky, she just wanted to touch it all day long. Her feathers were the softest thing about her though. She kept a molted one under her pillow and she swore she never slept better since. This must be some form of pegasus magic she didn't know of. Maybe she should...

"Twilight." Fluttershy spoke up. Thoughts of the pegasus was getting to her head if she forsaken books in exchange for her lover! She turned the page and concentrated on the book, taking in the Gothic writing style that Poeny was known for, it used to scare her as a child the way he wrote of death and insanity, but she later grew to appreciate him for the author he really was. She remembered during her teenage years he was her go-to author, though she read him less nowadays, she still enjoyed herself immensely whenev-

"Twilight!" Fluttershy screamed. Twilight looked down once more to find the book was completely discarded and she was now feeling Fluttershy's breasts through her sweater. She gasped and quickly put her arms to her face, hiding her embarrassment and screaming apologies through them. Fluttershy hugged her pretty soon and kissed her horn, making the unicorn blush. Not long after, Fluttershy took her hand and led her to the bedroom.

After half an hour, they returned to the couch, slightly out of breath and both their hair and clothes slightly messed up.

"Now, where were we?" Twilight said as she took her spot back on the couch and Fluttershy on top of her. Minutes later Spike came in with the groceries he went to get.

"Hey girls, what're you doing?" he asked as he set the groceries in the kitchen.

"Reading." they both said simultaneously, making them both laugh out loud as they hugged each other. Spike looked on and rolled his eyes while he grinned, amused by their silliness. He set aside the groceries and joined them on the other side of the couch. The girls played with his tail as they continued reading. Twilight did feel a little bad about keeping him out so she invited him to read with them, which he gladly did. He never really did know about their secret language, but he did notice it from time to time, commenting on how at certain times Twilight lingered on a page more than others and how the two mares apparently read at the same pace.

"Are you two sure all you did was read while I was gone?" Spike asked, unsure of their current appearance.

"Yeah," Twilight replied. "I don't see why you would think otherwise." she continued, her voice sounding completely innocent, as Fluttershy just nodded in agreement.

"Well," Spike started. "I guess you don't mind then if I go upstairs, it should smell fine and-"

"NO!" the mares shouted at the same time, completely showing their shared guilt. Spike chuckled and kissed them both.

"Don't worry, you two can make it up later tonight." he said, getting out from underneath them and leaving them both as red as Big Macintosh's coat.

Author's Note:

Hey, I know, this may seem clop-ish, but I hope no one minds.