• Published 26th May 2014
  • 5,312 Views, 51 Comments

It Takes Three To Tango - TheAlmightySqueeb



A look into the polyamorus lives of Twilight, Spike, and Fluttershy

  • ...
13
 51
 5,312

Chapter 7

Kids These Days

"It is now 7:00 PM. Court is now closed for today, Princess Twilight will resume her duties tomorrow at 8:30 AM tomorrow!" Spike projected as the gathered nobles of Canterlot dissipated from the court and left, some feeling disappointed their requests would not be heard for today. Twilight rose from her throne and nuzzled her adviser/husband, Spike. Spike returned it as he grinned and kissed her horn.

"You're extra affectionate today." He said as they both went to their chambers. Twilight took off her crown and undid the bun in her hair as she sat next to Spike in their bed. She didn't grow much like Celestia or Luna did, but she learned she would eventually grow to their size with age. She wondered if her hair would also move like their's as well.

"Well, I feel I owe you a little something for taking over as sheneschal for awhile as I look after Borealis and go on my date with Fluttershy." She replied. Borealis was their adopted son, an earth pony with a dark blue pelt, navy mane and chocolate eyes. After heart-wrenching news about how dragons couldn't get ponies pregnant, the trio decided the best course of action was to adopt, and along came Borealis. Not long after Twilight and Spike sat on their Alicorn sized bed, they saw the door open to show a pale yellow mare and a small blue colt enter.

"Mommy!" Borealis shouted as he rushed to tackle hug Twilight, knocking the wind from her and ruffling her gown and fur, but she laughed heartily as she hugged back. "Auntie Fluttershy and I missed you and daddy." He said as he let go and jumped onto Spike and gave him his bear hug. Fluttershy looked on as she giggled and sat on Spike's side of the bed.

Fluttershy moved with Spike and Twilight to Canterlot when she was crowned sovereign. It took about three trips to get all the animals safely to the castle from Ponyville, but it was worth it in her mind. Not to mention that Borealis grew fond of the animals and would spend most of his time with his aunt anyway, due to his mother and father's busy schedule.

"Me and daddy missed you too, I'm sorry I had to leave so early from lunch, but you understand how people need me, right?" Twilight half apologized half reasoned with the foal as he flopped on the bed between Twilight and Spike as he scratched his nose.

"Can't you take the next day off and say you're sick?" He pleaded, his eyes growing big to try and persuade his mother to consider the proposition more in his favor.

"Now, buddy, she can't do that. Running a nation is a big responsibility and she can't play hookie like that." Spike spoke up, explaining the situation to his son. Borealis simply pouted as he gave a groan of annoyance.

"But I really, really, really miss you two!" Borealis whined, making Spike hold him in the air for a bit and sit him on his stomach to calm his son down.

"Is Auntie Fluttershy and her animals not fun anymore?" Spike asked as he felt Fluttershy lie beside him. Borealis looked at Fluttershy as she gave a fake sad face to show she was hurt by the thought her nephew didn't like her anymore.

"Auntie Fluttershy is great and all, but It seems like only on Sundays do we all get to do stuff together." Borealis confessed, looking dejected as the trio look on, feeling guilty. Twilight hugged the colt as he returned it and soon she felt Fluttershy join them and soon Spike entered the embrace.

"We're all really sorry Borey, really, if it were up to us, we would dedicate ourselves to you, but somethings are just meant to be." Fluttershy said as she nuzzled her nephew and kissed his forehead. Soon all three heard a cough from Twilight as it started to form into a full scale fit.

"Oh!" she exclaimed as she started to cough loudly and a bit dramatically again. "I seem to have fallen ill! I hope it's not contagious." Twilight forlorned in an over-the-top fashion as she looked at Spike and Fluttershy to see if they got the hint.

"Oh my." Fluttershy started as she gave a quieter, but still fake coughing fit as she covered her mouth with her dainty hand. "I think I caught it as well!" she gasped, her hand still over her mouth. Not soon after Spike started to give a spurt of his own as Borealis laughed at his father's haminess. Borealis gave his own rendition of a coughing fit, partly to show he got what they were doing and partly to not feel left out.

"Whatever shall we all do? There is no way we can hold court like this!" Twilight said in mock despair, putting a forearm over her head in anguish. "I suppose the good citizens of Equestria must wait a day for their princess and her family to recover from this travesty." She said as Borealis laughed and clapped his hands in amusement.

"Does this mean?" the colt asked in a hopeful manner.

"Yes, but in order for us to stay sick, you need to do all your homework and get to bed on time, alright?" Spike explained, breaking character for a second. Borealis gave a mock salute and rushed to his room to get started on his homework. The trio laughed and took turns kissing one another.

"You're going to deal with a lot of angry nobles the day after, my lieges." One of the guards posted at the door warned, showing he eavesdropped in on the conversation.

"It'll be worth it." was what they all had to say.

Author's Note:

This one was suggested by StarStreak96. I had fun with this chapter and I'm still looking for requests. I'm also thinking of doing the clop as a separate story altogether, what do you guys think? And most of all thank you guys for spreading this thing to all the other groups! It really motivated me, as well as all your comments so if you have something to say, feel free to post it!