• Published 26th May 2014
  • 5,295 Views, 51 Comments

It Takes Three To Tango - TheAlmightySqueeb



A look into the polyamorus lives of Twilight, Spike, and Fluttershy

  • ...
13
 51
 5,295

Chapter 6

Talk

Twilight sipped her tea once again. The grandfather clock in the corner was ticking louder than normally in her mind as the other four other Elements of Harmony bearers were sitting around her, staring at her to continue, but she felt a lump in her throat as they came in. She wanted to tell them about her relationship with Spike and Fluttershy, and she was confident they would accept her. But she now only realized there was a fine line between thinking of confessing something and actually doing it. Why weren't they here with her? Didn't they both know that it was today they would come out to their friends?

"Come on, Twi!" Rainbow Dash blurted. "I need to train for the next Wonderbolts audition next year, what do yo-" she was silenced by Applejack elbowing her in the ribs, much to her annoyance.

"Now, don't you listen to her, sugarcube. Just gather your thoughts and tell us when you're ready." Applejack said in a comforting way. Twilight gave a slight nod to show she understood and was thankful. After a deep breath, Twilight began to speak carefully.

"I'm not sure how to say this, so I guess I'll just put it bluntly." Twilight looked around as her friends were on the edges of their seats. Well, AJ, Rainbow, and Rarity were, Pinkie Pie decided to lay on the floor and was now staring wide-eyed at Twilight with her hands on her cheeks. "I'm in a relationship with both Fluttershy and Spike." she said and flinched, expecting to be bombarded with disapproving comments.

"Is that all, dear?" Rarity asked making Twilight looked at her with a questioning look which she gave to all her friends.

"W-wait, you're telling me that you all-"

"Knew? Yeah, of course. Why else would all of you get a booth at one of Canterlot's swankiest restaurants on Hearts and Hooves Day?" Rainbow replied nonchalantly. Twilight was stunned to say the least. Not only did her friends know, but they also seemed to not think it was a big deal.

"Wait, so you guys don't care one bit that I'm dating a mare and a dragon at the same time?" Twilight asked.

"Aw sugarcube, we don't mind one bit. Remember when me and Rainbow came out to y'all as a couple?" Applejack asked, making Twilight realize how she felt about that whole situation and how similar it was to this one. She blushed and grinned, hiding her eyes behind her fringe as she snickered at the similarity.

Rarity sat beside Twilight on the couch and patted the mare for support. "I actually must confess, I am a bit envious of you." Rarity declared, making Twilight focus on her.

"Really? Then why didn't you make a move on Fluttershy and reject Spike?" The alicorn inquired.

"Oh, I'm not envious of your partners, just the type of relationship you have, darling! What I wouldn't give to have two or three gentlestallions at my beck and call!" The alabaster unicorn mused. She relaxed into the couch, lost in a daydream.

"I'm still a little confused on the whole thing, so you guys are like swingers?" Rainbow asked, causing Applejack to glare at her.

"No, we all love each other equally and only love the other two. It's more or less like if you had two Applejacks I guess." Twilight explained. Rainbow's eyes widen and grinned at the thought as her wings stood on end. Applejack tried to snap her out of it and sighed and hoisted her over her shoulder.

"Well, Twi, Ah think RD and Ah need to go, see ya later." Applejack said hastily as she grabbed her fillyfriend and headed for the door. Twilight looked to the floor and saw Pinkie with the same expression and in the same position as when she entered, causing Twilight to worry a bit as she was the only one who didn't say a thing during her entire visit.

"Pinkie, are you okay?" Twilight asked softly. Not soon after, the pink pony jumped up and gasped as if she just figured out the answer tot he ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything.

"Igottagotwilightihavetomakethebestestmostawesomestpartythissideofequestriaforyoubye!" she shouted as she ran off to her house at break-neck speed. Twilight sighed as she got up to pick up the papers her friend's speed manage to loosen. She heard a coo from her couch and saw Rarity was still lost in her mind.

"Rarity!" Twilight shouted, snapping the fashionista to snap out of it and look at her surroundings.

"I-I would stay and help you Twilight, but I need to... fill out an order this afternoon, if you don't mind?" she asked as a blush formed on her cheeks. Twilight rolled her eyes and nodded, which the unicorn reciprocated and went on her way. Twilight managed to pick up the mess and went back to her tea. Not even a second after this, Spike and Fluttershy returned from the market.

"Hey Twi, we're back. What were you up to while we were gone?" Spike asked as he cuddled up next to his fillyfriend.

"Nothing much..." she replied.

"Well, just so you remember, tomorrow we're gonna tell the girls about us, okay?" Fluttershy chimed. Twilight went bug eyed and felt warmer all of the sudden as she gulped. It was TOMORROW?!

"Twilight, are you okay?" Spike asked, putting his hand to her forehead. "You're kinda sweaty..." He stated.

"Uh, I'm fine, just a little stuffy is all." she lied through her teeth. Spike waved it off as nothing while Fluttershy snuggled up to her. she sighed one last time, sipping her tea.

'Well, at least I won't be so nervous next time around...'

Author's Note:

New chapter. Hope you all like it and I hope you guys could drop some more comments. I'm sorta lost on ideas so maybe if I can get some, that'd be just swell and dandy of you. I'll even credit you if I use it! This one goes out to fatboi1000 and to the friends I never had. (If you get that reference, we're married, no discussion.)