• Published 25th May 2014
  • 780 Views, 30 Comments

The Day of Endless Writing - Bootsy Slickmane



A collection of short stories, about anything and anypony, all written within one 24-hour span of time. Topics and characters vary wildly.

  • ...
1
 30
 780

9: I Think Something's Wrong with My Sister [Sad]

Twilight Sparkle knocked on the blue door, and it opened up just a few seconds later. "Oh, hello, Sweetie Belle."

"Hey, Twilight. What's up?"

"Oh, I was just stopping by to see if your sister could help me with a little sewing project of mine. Is she home?"

"Yeah, she's here. Good luck getting her to help you, though."

Twilight cocked her head to one side. "Why's that?"

"Rarity won't wake up."

Twilight paused a moment before asking, "What?"

"She won't wake up. I tried poking her, yelling at her, and even rearranging her stuff, but she's still asleep."

"Take me to her. Now."

Sweetie shrugged, turning and leading Twilight through the doorway, up the stairs, and to Rarity's bedroom. She pushed the door open and pointed at the bed. There was Rarity, still as a statue.

Twilight stepped over to the bed, whispering, "Rarity?" She reached out a hoof to touch the unicorn, but recoiled when she felt how cold Rarity was. "No..." she breathed. Her eyes scanned the room, finally settling on a little bottle of sleeping pills and a half-emptied glass of water resting on the nightstand.

"Um, Twilight, are you okay?" Sweetie asked as Twilight held the bottle up in her magic. "I don't think she's gonna take any pills until she wakes up."

"Sweetie Belle, take me to your parents's house," Twilight said, voice unsteady as she put the near-empty pill bottle back down. "Can you show me the way?"

Sweetie nodded. "Yeah, sure." She trotted for the door. "You think we should leave a note for when she wakes up?"

Twilight hesitated, standing in the doorway and looking over her shoulder for a moment. "No, I don't think that'll be necessary. C'mon, let's go see your parents. There's something we all need to discuss."