• Published 25th May 2014
  • 780 Views, 30 Comments

The Day of Endless Writing - Bootsy Slickmane



A collection of short stories, about anything and anypony, all written within one 24-hour span of time. Topics and characters vary wildly.

  • ...
1
 30
 780

13: Don't Eat Books [Random]

Spike slowly opened the door and stuck his head through. "You wanted to see me, Twilght?"

"Said," said the lavender alicorn. "I just found out that you ate the Inspiration Manifestation book. Is this correct?"

"Um, yeah." Spike nodded. "I had to eat it to keep it away from Rarity. Of course, that didn't exactly work out."

"Well, I need that book for cataloging and storage. This is a library, after all."

Spike sighed. "Alright, I'll go warm up some mustard juice—"

"Oh, no, Spike, it's far too late for that," Twilight interrupted. "That book is sure to be long past your stomach by now. There's no way to retrieve it that way." She held up a foreleg, sliding a rubber sock onto her hoof. "We're going to have to go in the other way."

"Uh, hehe," Spike chuckled nervously. "You're not serious, right?"

Twilight tossed off the sock, replying, "Of course not." Spike sighed, only for Twilight to pull a steel pipe snake out from behind her. "We'll have to use something much more specialized for this," she said, flexing the mechanical claws on the end of the tube.

Spike gasped, claws reflexively moving into a protective position. "Twilight, you can't do that!"

"Hmm.... You're right, Spike. This thing probably won't be able to retrieve an object of such size." She put the pipe snake away, and pulled out a scalpel instead. "We'll have to go the direct route to get that big book out."

Twilight took a few steps toward the terrified dragon, and he fainted on the spot. She couldn't help but snicker as she placed the knife on a nearby table. "I think that'll do as a punishment for now," she remarked, lighting up her horn and simply teleporting the book out of his guts.