• Published 25th May 2014
  • 780 Views, 30 Comments

The Day of Endless Writing - Bootsy Slickmane



A collection of short stories, about anything and anypony, all written within one 24-hour span of time. Topics and characters vary wildly.

  • ...
1
 30
 780

15: Got the Music in You [Random Dark]

It's another one of those days. I can feel it as soon as I wake. That pulse going through me, like a second heartbeat. That rising noise inside my head, drowning out all other thoughts. I sit up and quickly fix my mane, knowing I don't have much time and trying to be as presentable as I can before it takes hold.

As I chug a glass of water, the voices start up. They're only in my head at first, chanting the same few lines over and over. Then I can hear then with my ears. A high-pitched voice is singing somewhere outside. The voice grows louder, both in my head and in the "real" world outside of it.

My hooves are moving of their own accord, now. They're carrying me right out the front door. The source of the singing comes into view. It's Pinkie Pie. It usually is.

She's coming closer, now. Other ponies are coming out of their homes, eyes bright and smiling like the puppets that they are. Am I smiling, too? Maybe on the outside.

Then the time comes. The voice in my head is deafening, almost drowning out Pinkie's, and I open my mouth. The words flow out of me naturally, as my brain has already memorized the song that's been repeated in my mind. My legs propel me forward, following Pinkie Pie as she prances down the street and sings her song. She loves to make everypony smile. I'm smiling now; I can feel it. I wish I could stop.

My lips may be singing the chorus, but my mind is screaming bloody murder.

Somepony make it stop.

Please.