• Published 25th May 2014
  • 780 Views, 30 Comments

The Day of Endless Writing - Bootsy Slickmane



A collection of short stories, about anything and anypony, all written within one 24-hour span of time. Topics and characters vary wildly.

  • ...
1
 30
 780

8: Bling [Random]

"So, how was your weekend?" Fluttershy asked, quiet as ever.

"Oh, it was fine enough. There was a spot of trouble when Sweetie Belle was attacked by that living bolt of fabric, but I burned it, so it turned out alright." Rarity's eyelashes fluttered, and so did the nearby pegasus's heart. "How was yours?"

"My weekend was just lovely. I got to spend some quality time with Angel in the dun—I mean, making macaroni salad, and I had a nice picnic with Harry."

"Sounds wonderful." Rarity stopped suddenly, her whole body stiffening. "Uh oh."

"What is it?" Fluttershy inquired with concern. "Are you okay?"

"I... I...." Rarity began to shake.

"Oh no, is it happening again?"

"Y-y-yes!" Rarity convulsed, and her coat suddenly sparkled with the intensity of a mirror ball covered with glitter. "I'm too fabulous!" she screamed, a gold and sapphire necklace growing around her neck. Earrings popped into existence and swelled, pulling her white ears flat. Knee-high silver boots grew into being on her hooves. "I'm blinging out!"

"Oh, goodness!" Fluttershy squeaked, turning and flying away. "Hold on, I'll get some mud so I can put you out. Just hang on, Rarity!"

The alabaster unicorn groaned, her body hitting the dirt as she became weighed down by all the jewelry and bling. She tried to resist, biting her tongue and holding a hoof to her mouth, but in the end, she couldn't hold back the guttural scream that always accompanied her bling-out seizures.

"SWAG!!!!!"