• Published 31st May 2014
  • 2,136 Views, 42 Comments

Tales of Epic Fantasy - Krokorokok



Join Matthew, Natalie, Lance and Anna in their journey towards saving the world of Equestria

  • ...
6
 42
 2,136

The blue furball and the moon

Silence.

That was all that could be heard between the two royal sisters as they continued walking down the long hallway. It was pretty evident from their faces that they were thinking of something important. However, it seemed that Luna couldn't take the silence for any longer, as she let out a heavy sigh and spoke. "Sister. Now what do we do about these four creatures? From what we know, it's highly unlikely to try and send them back as we have no clear picture of what their planet even looks like"

After another long silence, Celestia heaved out a sigh of her own. "I honestly do not know, dear Luna. They are very powerful creatures, that we can vouch for, so trying to comprehend them with any force would leave us with heavy damages. However, I may have an idea as for what they can do"

At that moment, Luna turned her head and looked at her sister in a questioning manner. "Now do, pray tell, what that idea may be?" she asked, curious as to what her sister may suggest.

Celestia giggled when she saw her sister make a cute face. "Well...For one thing, they can all help around the castle. Since they are powerful enough to take down that behemoth of a creature of metal, they can also help in defending the land. Whatever may happen, we should council them first, as they have more experience in fighting that us" Celestia said, pointing a finger upwards in a lecturing tone. "Not only that, but Matt can help in training our guards, since he is well versed in the arts of swordsmanship. Lance can work out in the castle's personal blacksmith to see if he can so call, 'upgrade' the guards armor and weaponry" Celestia made an air quotation mark with her fingers.

"For Natalie, I supposed she can work with the archmages as well as train our unicorn guards in magic wielding. And as for Anna, she could potentially help out as a nurse or a doctor in the medical wing" Celestia concluded, causing Luna to close her eyes and think.

It was a pretty good idea. If anything were to ever attack the castle or a place like Canterlot or Ponyville, they would be able to help as they can probably dispatch the problem with ease. The thought of letting Matt train the guards slightly scared Luna, since she knew how powerful he was in terms of strength and his pain tolerance, or what his friends call him, 'The Meat shield'.

Nodding in reply, she smiled at the idea.

Afterwards, the two sisters continued to walk along, making a couple of small talk as well as laughing along the way. Then, they finally made it to the dinning room of the castle where, they shockingly had found, the elements were sitting on the chairs as Fluttershy was holding something that was blue.

Twilight first realized their entrance. "Oh! Hello Princess!" she said with a smile as she waved her hand, to which the royal sisters waved and smiled in return.

Celestia and Luna then sat next to the elements, however, their attention was not towards the food, at which Celestia had used all her willpower to face away from the luscious vanilla creamed cake, but was now at the blue object on Fluttershy's legs. Celestia then asked, "Excuse me Fluttershy. Can you tell me, what is that?" she asked, pointing at the blue object.

Then, the object made a sound that caused the two sisters to flinch slightly as the elements giggled.

"Meow?"

The object then turned around, revealing a blue furred feline. However, that was not the odd part of the cat, but that it did not have any legs whatsoever. "...Kindness...Pray tell, how did you find such an odd feline?" Luna asked.

"Yes Fluttershy...Where did you find him? Or her?" Celestia followed along.

Fluttershy gave a small giggle when she felt the cat squirm on her legs, tickling her. "Well..."


Once the fight was over, which Matt single handedly did, he placed his sword over his shoulder as gave a smirk towards the elements' direction. With that, the girls saw on how he was now casually talking to his teammates as if nothing ever happened, the smile never leaving his face.

Still in relative silence, the four beings went over to the two royal sisters and the elements, solemnly saying that they would help fix the damages they had caused in the castle, to which the sisters reluctantly told them that they were allowed to. With that, all that was left were the elements and a scorched battlefield, as the guards and the two princesses went back in.

"...That...was..." Dash started as her pupils shrank a little from the memory of the destruction.

"...Really...Scary" Fluttershy softly said as she was hiding behind the cyan pegasus.

"...I...Had never seen such...a powerful magical force..." Twilight gasped. "I can still feel the magical residue...It's so potent" she spoke with such horror.

Applejack was unable to say much, other than the fact that she saw 'a whole lot of explosions and stuff'. The reason why was due to her having to tend to a now unconscious pristine white unicorn mare, who bore a small smile.

"...AWESOME!!" Dash finished her sentence, causing the butter yellow pegasus to squeak and somehow manage to be curled into a small ball. "DID YOU ALL SEE THAT?! THAT WAS AWESOME! HE JUST WENT 'SWISH' AND THE ROBITS JUST FELL!!" Rainbow continued, fluttering in the air from the sight of Matthew's swordplay.

"...Well...Ah think ah can safely say that ah've seen everything now..." Applejack grinned, sighing a in relief when she found out that Rarity finally awoke.

"...Oh..Gracious me. That stallion! Oh my stars...! So strong, brave!" Rarity dramatized every single word she spoke, fanning herself as she suddenly felt hot.

The girls continued on speaking what they had just witnessed, with only Fluttershy being left out since she didn't want to be reminded of all....those things. The explosion, the flames, the sound of metal against metal. It was too much for the poor Pegasus to contain as she simply sat down on the pavement and quietly waited for her friends to finish.

However, not even a few minutes had passed, Fluttershy sudden heard the rustling of a nearby bush, causing her to squeak in fear, thinking of the horrifying possibilities of what may be lying within it. Then, as moments passed, a creature stepped out of the bush, causing the pegasus to widen in shock as her mouth was agape.

It was a cat. A navy blue, fur coated cat. However, there was something different about it, in the fact that it did not have any legs whatsoever. No front legs. No hind legs either.

"Meow..?" Fluttershy heard the cat speak. She started to smile softly.

Standing up, the butter yellow pegasus slowly walked towards the feline, causing its head to tilt to the right in a cute manner, enticing a soft giggle from the pegasus. "Hi there little guy. Who are you supposed to be?" Fluttershy asked in a soft, motherly tone, causing the cat to comically jump in air.

"Meow! Meow meow meow!" The feline spoke, causing Fluttershy to giggle.

"So your name is Nolegs? An odd name from a cat" she said, causing the cat to give a lengthy 'meow'.

"Meow meow meow. Meow. Meow!"

"Hehehe...I guess that's how you the name then"

"Meow! Meow meow meow, meow meow!"

"I guess your master wasn't really creative with the name, I supposed"

"Hey Fluttershy! Who ya talkin' to?" Applejack voiced out, causing the pegasus to turn back and give her friend a smile.

"Umm...girls. This is Nolegs" Fluttershy said, turning back and bending down to grab the cat before turning back to reveal him to her friends, causing all of them, aside from Rainbow Dash, to squeal in delight.

"Ohmygosh! You're so cuteeee!!!"

"Oh heavens! Such a cutie! Mmhmm!"

"Hey there little fella. Ya look mighty fine there"

"Wow! Such a fascinating creature. I have never seen a cat like you before...Wait...You don't have legs?"

This caused the girls to stop their barrage of cute noises when Twilight mentioned the feline having no legs. This caused all of them, even Dash, to make a small sad face and let out an "Aww"

"Wittle cat doesn't have legs! Those meanies!"

"Ummm...Actually girls...he said he was born like that" Fluttershy said, causing them to, yet again, stop and stare at her. "Well...he specifically told me that he was born like that and nothing else. And so when he became a pet to his master, he simply called him 'Nolegs'. And that he said his master couldn't think of a better one to name him" Fluttershy explained.

"Curious...Say Fluttershy, since you can so call communicate with animals, could you help me to translate what we says when I ask him a couple of questions?" Twilight wondered.

Fluttershy thought for a while, but gave a small nod and a smile in reply.

"Well! If you're all done, can we go to the dinning room? Kinda hungry right now...Hadn't eaten lunch yet" Dash said, her stomach grumbling in reply, causing her to blush slightly as the rest of the girls laughed.

"Well alright then. Let's head over to the dinner room. I bet the chefs are bored right now. You can take Nolegs along too, Fluttershy" The purple alicorn said with a smile as the group headed to the dinning room, with Fluttershy holding Nolegs in her arms, who was softly purring, causing her to giggle.


"....and we just sat here talking as we ate" Twilight said, causing the two princesses to nod slightly.

"I see..." Celestia said. She then jumped slightly when she felt something soft brush against her leg. Looking down, she spotted the feline looking at her with a small smile, in which the princess picked him up and smiled as well. "Aww...Just look at you..."she said in a motherly tone as she made cute faces, causing her sister to laugh.

=PoV change=

Laughing slightly when the hug ended, the four heroes smiled at each other. Then Lance spoke up. "So, what are you guys calling it?" he asked.

Matt immediately smiled. "Well, my idea is naming it the 'Cosmic Annihilator'. It kinda has a good tune to it"

"Well...I'm not too sure, but I would probably call it the 'Doom Bringer'. Not sure why though..." Natalie scrunched her face as she wondered.

"I'm calling it 'Dark Demise'! I like the sound of it!" Anna exclaimed, causing Lance to chuckle at her.

"Hehehe...Alright then I guess". As soon as he said that, Matt's stomach grumbled, causing the girls to giggle and Lance to laugh as Matt gave a sheepish smile.

"Ehehe...I guess I'm hungry. All that fighting gave me an appetite!" Matt said as he stretched his arms.

And so the group carried forth, walking around the seemingly endless hallway as they asked different maids and guards as to where may the dinning area would be. After many countless minutes have passed, the group finally arrived at a big door, similar to that from the throne room door. "Weeeelll....This should be it" Matt said as he stood in front of the door.

"Go ahead" Lance ushered Matt to open the door, to which he did.

With his foot.

With a loud impact, the door flung open, hitting the other side of the wall with a loud crash as the two doors slowly made its way back to its original spot. It was at that moment that the four heroes saw the two princesses and six pony mares sitting along the long table, whom were now staring at Matt as if he had just committed arson.

"Hahaha...Sorry bout that!" Matt smiled as he rubbed his back. Lance smacked his face with his hand and groaned as the two other girls just giggled.

However, something caught the eyes of Matt. It was so hard to miss, with Celestia's fur coat being pristine white. There, on her lap was something blue in color. Not only that, but it had fur, pointed ears, a tail and-

"Meow?" the creature question as it turned its head to face the new guests, its eyes widening as its smile grew larger.

"NOLEGS!!" Matt dropped his sword and ran to his friend, in which Nolegs did the same, jumping into his arms as Matt gave him a hug.

As Matt went on and gave his feline companion a hug, his friends laughed as they walked towards him, a multitude of "Hey Nolegs" and "How are you".

"Do-Do you know him?" Fluttershy asked, hiding her face behind her mane as a small blush formed on her cheeks.

Matt smiled then laughed at the pegasus. "Psshh...Do I know him? That's an understatement" Matt chuckled once again. "Met him in a stadium. He practically had nowhere else to go, so I asked whether if he wanted to tag along. Needless to say, he was pleased with it" Matt the stared down at his feline friend. "Isn't that right buddy?"

"MEOW!" Nolegs replied, causing Fluttershy and Matt chuckle as the rest all smiled.

"Anyways, I should thank you for finding him. Didn't know where he went once me and Lance arrived" Matt said, causing the butter yellow pegasus to smile.

"Oh! It's fine. To be honest, I think he found me instead" Fluttershy said, giggling when she heard the cat "Meow".

After that, the four heroes went and sat down around the dinning table where they were served a simple sandwich, followed by a multitude of food from pasta to salads, as well as a plentiful amount of desserts, such as cakes, sweets and a cake. The group went around eating the different types of food, laughing along as Matt and his friends shared stories of their adventures.

Soon afterwards, Luna then stood up. "I apologize for interrupting, but I have to be excused. I need to rise the moon now" Luna said, causing the four heroes, as well as Nolegs, to tilt their heads in a confused manner.

As soon as Luna left, they quickly asked what she meant, in which Celestia quickly replied. "You see, in this world, I raise the sun while my sister raises the moon with our magic"

This caused the four of them to be shocked, telling the ponies that "The sun and the moon revolve around our planet!". Needless to say, this caused them to be shocked instead.

After a brief silence, Anna asked, "Is it too much to see her raise the moon? I want to see it actually"

Celestia giggle. "I suppose so. But just don't disturb her when she's doing so. Here, I shall teleport the five of us to her". Celestia then stood up and faced her student. "We shall be back then Twilight. Try not to do anything too crazy without us" she winked causing her student to giggle as well as her friends.

Celestia's horn was suddenly enveloped with a small golden glow that grew in intensity as time passed by. Moments after, she casted the spell necessary, causing the light to disappear, along with the five of them. They soon popped up in a large room. The walls itself were painted in a navy blue coat, with silver stars and and a silver crescent moon above on the ceiling, where a chandelier was hanging, emitting a soft blue glow. The rest of the room was filled with a variety of things, such as some tables, chairs, a queen sized bed, a bookshelf and, to the four heroes most utter surprise, a laptop. The furniture was in a light chestnut brown color, with the bed having a navy blue mattress and pillows with the floor being paved marble white, a navy blue carpet in the middle.

"As far as what you all can see and tell, this is Luna's bedchambers" Celestia said.

'Go figure' the four heroes simultaneously thought.

However, the soon spotted a balcony with an open door frame. Not only that, but Princess Luna was standing on the balcony, staring at the sun that was setting over the horizon.

"Now watch" Celestia whispered.

Soon afterwards, they could see Luna's horn light up in a soft blue glow. After a moment, as soon as the sun had set, the moon then rose, with the scenery suddenly changing from an orange glow to a slightly purple sky. The moon also held a blue glow to it, to which the four literally knew what Celestia meant by 'raising of the moon'.

No kidding.

Once the moon was high up in the soft purple night sky, Luna's horn stopped glowing and smile at the sky. However, it soon changed to on of sadness. A light bulb then popped out on top of her head (Literally), and she adjusted the sleeves of her royal dress. And so, with her hand in position, she began to touch nothing but the air. However, when she did so, a little twinkle appeared in the night sky, taking shape in the form of a small star, surprising the four heroes and causing Celestia to chuckle.

"She's not known as the Lunar Princess for nothing you know?" she joked.

Luna continued her work. It was stunning to see her do such a thing. She was the artist and her night sky was her personal canvas, to be filled with spectacular works of art that she made. Afterwards, when she was done, she dropped her arms and smiled at the fully painted night sky. Then, all the stars twinkled for a mere moment before randomness took place as every star twinkled at different intervals. Smiling once more, she sighed and turned around, fully satisfied with her work....

...Only for her pupils to shrink a little when she saw her sister as well as the four heroes standing there, a huge grin on their faces. The

"..I..I see that you all enjoyed our performance" Luna sheepishly smiled as she walked over.

"That was soooo cool! Those stars were so beautiful when they twinkled! Oh! And on how you raised the moon too!" Anna said as she launched herself onto Luna, causing the lunar princess to blush.

After a while, when the four heroes were done talking to the Luna, the four of them heaved a huge yawn, causing the two royal sisters to giggle. "I shall take them to their chambers then, dear sister" Luna said, looking at Celestia. "Are you going back to where the elements are?" she asked, to which Celestia nodded.

"Yes. I would like to catch up with them. It's been a while since I last talked to them" Celestia explained, to which Luna nodded in acknowledgement.

"Very well. I shall meet you there in a bit" Luna then faced the four humans. "Come! I shall show you all where you shall slumber"

And so, the left.


"Here we are!" Luna yelled, opening a door to reveal the huge room that was meant to house the four humans.

It was a luxurious place. The floor was paved marble white, the walls were painted in a soft golden hue with a slight light brown coloration. The furniture were probably made of the finest oak wood and there were four beds, each having a white mattress with a golden colored blanket, each of the bed being equally spaced apart.

"Wow!" the four simultaneously exclaimed, to which Luna chuckled.

"I shall take my departure. See you four in the morn!" Luna said farewell before leaving the room.

"Dibs on the shower!" Natalie exclaimed as she ran to a nearby door, revealing the bathroom where a bathtub was implemented as well as a shower head.

"No fair!" Anna yelled, banging onto the door as the two guys laughed.

Today was a good day for the four of them.

With all that talking, fighting with the robots and such, it was exhausting to say the least. So they decided that they should probably stop worrying too much now, seeing as though every was now better than what they had anticipated.

And thus, relaxation was theirs once more.

Author's Note:

Have some Luna.

(Link)