• Published 31st May 2014
  • 2,136 Views, 42 Comments

Tales of Epic Fantasy - Krokorokok



Join Matthew, Natalie, Lance and Anna in their journey towards saving the world of Equestria

  • ...
6
 42
 2,136

A day in Canterlot (Matt and Lance)

The cast of the 'Epic Battle Fantasy' series, Matt, Natz, Lance and Anna do not belong to me. They all belong to Kupo707, also known as Matt Roszak.


It was a beautiful day in the city of Canterlot and many ponies were going about their daily business. It was currently around 12 in the afternoon and most of the snooty, high class ponies were walking into different restaurants to eat.

However, in the Canterlot Castle, there is one particular pony whom is wishing for something to happen.

Inside the castle, in the Day Court, sat Princess Celestia, one of the two royal sisters and princess of the sun. She was currently wearing her usual attire, a pure white dress with a print of the Equestrian sun in the middle that was encrusted with different multicolored gems as well as wearing her royal regalia, her crown, golden colored necklace and shoes. With the immense title she was holding on to, she always had to wear the same attire everyday, everywhere she went.

Not only that, but she also had to attend tons of meetings with other royal figures, conduct court business, sign papers and many other things. Right now, in the room where she currently sat, she was finding it hard to pay attention to what the stallion was saying. In her mind, she was begging for something to happen just so that she wouldn't have to listen to him complain any further.

Thankfully for her, her wish apparently came true.

In the form of a loud window crash from outside the door.

With her mind now focused on the sound, Celestia ordered the court to be adjourned, much to the stallion's dismay. On the outside, she remained cool and calm, a regular sight from the princess. However, in the inside, she was thanking the creators for the huge distraction and was really curious and excited at the same time.

"Guards! What seems to the trouble?" Celestia asked, now outside of the dreaded court room.

One guard, a mare with a pure white fur coat answered. "Princess, there are two unidentified creatures that has crash landed in one of the stained glass. They both seem to be males from their faces and both wield a weapon. Other than that, they are completely new in terms of what anypony has ever seen" the guard replied, her voice remained stoic.

Celestia nodded her head and asked the guard to guide her to where they were. 'New creature..?' Celestia though to herself as she was led by one of her guards.

After moments of relative silence, Princess Celestia was brought to a throne room where many of her guards were standing around the two creatures whom seemed to be lying on the floor. Celestia could hear the murmurs from her guards, asking what were they or who were they. Clearing her throat, the guards then stood to attention.

Celestia walked closer towards the two beings, feeling slightly nervous inside. Once she was a good arms length away from them, she began to take note of what they looked like.

As what her guard had told her, the both of them were definitely male. One of them had a long and oddly golden colored mane with two strands of braided hair at the side. He was wearing a grey shirt underneath the black vest with a red scarf, a hat with a single white feather and a grey skull and bones as well as a pair of black pants with a metal chain on one side. Beside him was a pure white sword that gleamed in the slightest amount of light, with a red hilt and a red ruby in the middle of the pure white blade as well as a pair of, what seemed to be, golden wings that connected the hilt to the blade.

The other male had a dark maroon mane color that was short. He was wearing an all black attire, which included a black vest with many medals that seemed to be pinned to, a pair of black pants a black leather cap. Next to this being was an odd choice of a weapon. It seemed to be a mix of a blade with container that separated the black hilt from the black metal blade. Not only that, Celestia also managed to spy a sort of groove at the bottom of the hilt, which, she though to herself, may act as a trigger of sorts.

"Strange...I have never seen anything like them at all..." Celestia said to no one in particular. User her right hand to bring a couple strands of hair behind her ear, she continued to observe them, trying to spot anything that may make them a pony. However, with the lack of either wings, horns or both was irritating her slightly, since no earth pony has ever looked like them before.

Suddenly, the male with the golden mane moved. It was only a slight motion, but it was enough to send Celestia's guards into defensive position, in case they might lash out. Moments later, he woke up. Celestia observed him. His eyes slowly opened to reveal the golden irises that lied beneath.

He coughed slightly, causing both Celestia and her guards to flinch slightly. Then, the creature scanned around with it's eyes slightly opened. He then proceeded to try and stand up, only to make his legs wobble before he toppled back down on the floor. Celestia gasped slightly at the sight. He was trying to stand on its two legs of sorts, allowing Celestia to figure out that he and his friend were probably bi-pedal like her and her kind.

Coughing slightly once more, he shook his head and them spoke a sentence which surprised Celestia and her guards. "Urgh...Someone got the number of that bus that hit me..?" he asked.

'He spoke Equestrian! But how!?" Clestia wondered in astonishment.

Then, Celestia tried to communicate with him. "Umm...Hello?" she asked in a soft tone.

This led the being to shake its head and look directly towards Celestia, causing her to stare at his golden irises that seemed to gleam in the sunlight from the broken stained glass. There was a lingering silence that persisted for a couple of moments up until Celestia noticed his eyes to shrink to the size of a pinprick.

"Ah! W-What in the world are you!?" he asked as he was now standing up, the same white bladed sword that was beside him a few moments ago was now in his hands.

"We could ask you the same thing creature! Now stand down!" another female voice erupted from one of Celestia's guards as they all formed a barrier in front, in a defensive stance.

"Stand down guards! Let me talk to him" Celestia soothingly said, causing many heads to turn, looking at her in confusion before backing off slowly, their stance never changing.

Celestia then began to slowly walk towards the golden maned being, causing him to take a step every time she took a step forward. As soon as he was beside his red headed companion, he knelled down and shook him violently. "...Lance...We got some unexpected company..." he said, causing the red headed being to grumble and sit up.

"Urgh...Why did you disturb my sleep Matt..?" this 'Lance' being answered. 'Matt', whom Celestia deduced to be the golden maned being, tapped on Lance's shoulder before pointing towards Celestia herself.

Shaking his head, Lance followed the direction of 'Matt's' finger and soon his eyes were focused onto the 'odd-white-horse-creature-thing'. As soon his mind said those words, Lance's eyes also shrank to the size of a pinprick, as he scrambled himself onto his feet and grabbing his weapon, pointing it directly towards Celestia.

"Please, I do not mean any harm to you" Celestia said as she tried to reassure them, only causing more discomfort towards the two beings.

"Yea right!" 'Matt' replied as he tightened his grip around his sword.

"Bucking listen to her you monkey!" another female voice erupted from Celestia's guards, causing 'Matt' to feel annoyed.

"Alright then! Who said that?" he asked, looking around the room.

"I did you twat!"

Celestia then turned her head to the left and saw that one of her guards had stepped forth. She mentally sighed asshe knew who she was. Starburst she thought as she frowned when one of her personal guards stepped forth.

"Listen here you creature! No one disrespects the princesses! You're going to have to get through me first!" she yelled, pointing her spear at Matt.

Celestia decided it was best to interfere right now before any more damage could be done. However, it was apparently not fast enough as the 'Matt' creature was now soon charging towards, causing Celestia to shout out "Stop" as she noticed Starburst channel a beam of light energy from her free hand which was then launched moments later, causing a huge burst of energy to erupt from her hand. The other guards quickly took for cover as well as the 'Lance' creature when the energy beam hit 'Matt'.

=Meanwhile=

"Oh my! That is a stunning dress, darling~!" a white unicorn, known as Rarity, stared in awe when Natalie showcased her full Pope set, including her hat as well as some accessories along with it.

Both Anna and Natalie chuckled. Just a few minutes ago, the both of them awoke to find themselves in a world not their own, in a town they do not know with beings that they have never seen before. They were obviously frightened at first, with all the new things being thrown at them, metaphorically. Luckily for them, the locals were rather friendly and they managed to make some new friends as well. However, they were still very worried about their two other teammates since they couldn't be found anywhere.

"Thank you! This was given to me when me, Matthew and Lance were trekking along a tundra. We traded some old relics and ancients miniature statues in exchange for this" Natz fondly recalled how much this entire 'set' saved her during her journey with the two guys in her team.

"I've never really seen you wear that! It looks so pretty!" Anna said, feeling the soft velvety texture of the dress.

Natalie giggled. She was about to say something when there was a sudden explosion in the distance, causing her and the rest of the girls to quickly exit the building. Once outside, they saw that over in the far off distant city of Canterlot, a giant laser tore the main castle of the city.

"Natalie! That could be Lance firing off his Hyper Beam! They must be over there!" Anna excitedly said, pulling onto the shoulder of Natalie.

With her head in a mess, Anna pulling her towards the train station that was nearby and the rest of the girls behind them, Natalie could only think of one thing as soon as she saw that beam.

'Please let Matt be safe..'

=Back in Canterlot=

Smoke soon filled the room as rubble began to fall off the wall. Celestia knew Starburst could pack a huge magical punch, but just now she just overdid it. With most of the wall now torn, all that was left was smoke in spot of the 'Matt' creature and Starburst panting.

"Hehe...Didn't stood a chance" Starburst panted as she was kneeling on the paved floor, a smug look bore onto her face as she obliterated the foolish golden maned creature.

However, as soon as the dust and smoke had cleared away, Starburst and everyone else in the room, besides for 'Lance', were shocked as to what they saw. The very creature, that took a magic beam directly, was still standing, his sword glowing slightly as a small glowing red barrier surrounded him.

"You know...I knew a guy who shot lasers like that. Some scary stuff" 'Matt' said, grinning as he saw the horrified look on the female's face.

"W-What are you..? W-Who a-are you...?" Starburst quivered in fear, as she inched away from the creature.

"The names Matthew or Matt for short. Ol' red head over there is Lance. As for what I am, I am simply the greatest swordsman you shall ever face" Matt answered, his grin slowly dying down as his left eye soon began to grow red, his sword also glowing the same color.

Celestia just stood in her place, utterly amazed, shocked and horrified as she had witnessed this creature survive a huge magical blast. As for Starburst, she was completely horrified. She had exhausted most of her magic to try and destroy this being, only for him to not have a single scratch on him.

As Matt slowly walked towards the helpless mare, he began to point his sword towards her. Once he was near, he simply rested the tip of the blade onto her neck, still staring at her with a nonchalant look.

And then, he spoke, giving off chills across the mare's spine. "Don't ever try that again"

Author's Note:

Hi guys! Kro here with a small chapter update! Sorry if it seems rather bland but its due to me leaving to head to my home country very soon.

I'll be back around 2 weeks later.

P.S Starburst is my OC and she is the only one that I have, beside the other male OC's that I have in my other stories.