• Published 17th May 2014
  • 1,107 Views, 48 Comments

Pony's Creed - Derpyforever



Ditzy, a well-known yet little spoken character finds out the truth of her ancestry.

  • ...
6
 48
 1,107

Sequence 19

Sequence 19

A floor-shaking blast followed an order of attack. The E.N Protector, now under the command of Shining Armor, and the Jackdaw, under the command of Edward Kenway, both fired a fury of mortar shots as an answer to two Tempmare ship's call for battle.

As the attack rained down on the Tempmares, the Protector and the Jackdaw, with all their courage and strength, set full sail for the uncountable Bitish fleet, more specifically, the two Tempmare ships leading.

"Load the cannons," Shining ordered as the Royal Navy followed their Lieutenant's command, "and throw away any doubt you may have, for today we fight for the fallen and the poor!"

The four ships met in open sea as their reinforcements stayed behind. The Protector and the Jackdaw both turned in ninety degrees in opposite directions as the two Tempmare ships did the same.

"Cannons are ready, sir," one of stallions of Edward's crew confirmed.

"Their mistake was giving us the perfect shot," Edward chuckled as the Tempmare ship across from them presented their entire side, "Fire!"

The Jackdaw lit up the Tempmare ship as it got bombarded with cannon balls, chipping away at the outer hull only to do little damage.

"Dang it," Edward punched the wheel, "Should have known they'd come with armor..."

"They're firing sir," another stallion pointed out as their enemies cannon poked through their covers, pointing right at the Jackdaw.

"Brace yourselves," Edward yelled as he ducked down, everypony else following his lead as they waited for the cannon fire to seize.

Once it was done, they popped back up as Edward steered the ship away from enemy fire and angled the ship's broadside cannons near the back of the Tempmare ship.

"Cannons are loaded," Anne notified Edward as he nodded and raised his hoof in the air.

"Fire!"

The moment the cannons let loose, Edward veered the Jackdaw into a sharp turn and ramming it into the back of the ship. They hit dead center before Edward steered his ship around.

"Throw the fire barrels," he roared as barrels filled with gunpowder were lit on fire and thrown in the water near the Tempmare ship, "Let 'em have it!"

At this, a pony at the swivel aimed the small cannon at one of the barrels, firing. The barrel exploded on impact, creating a blast that set off the others as wells. From this, the Tempmare ship was left stunned as the Jackdaw pulled up beside.

"Draw swords," Edward ordered as everypony did as told, "Let's go gut some Temp-"

"Brace," Ditzy exclaimed as all of a sudden, the other Tempmare ship rammed into the side of the Jackdaw only to get rammed by the Protector.

"Board it," Shining ordered as he pulled his hood up and joined his crew into boarding the ship they rammed, "Make every last one of them pay!"

Shining jumped across to the Tempmare ship as he pulled a sword and killed the first Tempmare he saw. Soon followed by his crew, Shining fought and killed anypony that dared stand in his way. He kept going until he reached the wheel to face the leader. The leader was a dark blue pegasus who was much bigger than he was, but Shining didn't care. Shining charged him with a sword drawn as the two battled it out.

"This is for Broad," Shining yelled as he swung his sword right at the Tempmare.

It was blocked and countered, but Shining easily defended himself. The two continued trading attacks until Shining finally dishooved the Tempmare. Shining then cornered him against the railing, throwing punches across his face until the Tempmare finally fell to the floor with blood coming out of his nose. Shining used his magic to stand him back up and hold him near the railing as he pulled his hoof back.

"See you in Tartarus," Shining growled before slugging the Tempmare across the face and into the sea as lightning struck nearby.

Meanwhile, the Jackdaw and the other Tempmare ship were duking it out as they boarded each other. The storm had caught up with the battle as the waves grew angry, violently tossing around the two ships.

The Assassins pulled their hoods up as Edward used his wings to blast up into the air and onto the Jackdaw as Anne followed.

"You think you can still take care of yourself, old stallion," Anne grinned as she pulled her sword.

"Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't have any fight left in me," Edward smirked, then pulled out his two swords and blocked a Tempmare's sword, throwing him off guard, then running a sword straight through his chest, "In fact, I think I've never been stronger."

Anne laughed, then ran off to help aid in the fight, killing any challengers that dare try to take her.

Ditzy and Whooves were defending the Jackdaw as Tempmares tried to board it. The two fought along side by side as any Tempmare that tried to kill them only got killed themselves.

"Hey, Whooves," Ditzy said above the noise as she blocked at Tempmare and sliced his neck, "I've been thinking."

"About what," Whooves replied as he swept an attacker off his hooves before bring his sword down to end him.

"What if we go married right now?"

"Right now," Whooves exclaimed as he dishooved a Tempmare, then ramming his shoulder into him, throwing him overboard, "Is now really the appropriate time?"

"Now might be the only time," Ditzy reasoned as she split opened a Tempmare's chest as he fell to the ground in agony before bleeding out, "Like you said, this could be our last day."

"But how would we even get..." Whooves and Ditzy grabbed each other's hooves and pulled each other behind them as they killed two ponies simultaneously before pulling back together, "married? We need somepony who can officiate."

The two thought for a second as they each pulled out a pistol and fired at a couple of ponies who were coming up behind each of them, then exclaimed, "Celestia!"

"Hey, Celestia," they called.

"What," Celestia angrily replied as she tried to hold off three ponies at once with her two swords.

"Marry us."

"I'm a bit busy right now," Celestia yelled as her magic strained under three other swords that locked with hers.

Ditzy and Whooves looked behind each other as one defended the other from an attack before ending the attacker for threating their special somepony.

"Celestia!"

Celestia sliced two Tempmares with her swords and ran her hidden blade through the last one before jumping on to a box then snapping, "Fine!"

Whooves put his hoof around Ditzy as they happily looked up at Celestia as she continued.

"Ladies and Gentlestallions! We are gathered her on this fine day to bring together these two souls in holy matr-"

A Tempmare yelled out as he charged at Celestia, who blocked him with her sword. Ditzy and Whooves also remembered where they were as they split apart for a second to kill a few Tempmares before coming back together.

"Ditzy Doo," Whooves declared as they grasped each other hooves, "Do you take me, Doctor Whooves, to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I...," Ditzy threw a poison dart at a Tempmare's neck as the victim grabbed his neck and fell backwards off the ship, "... do. And Doctor Whooves, do you take me, Ditzy Doo, to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do," Whooves smiled as they parted for a second to fight, then came back together again.

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife," Celestia yelled as she tried to defend herself from a wave of Tempmares, "You may..."

Celestia was pushed off the box as she use her wings to go to air and come back down on one of her attackers as she ran her sword through him.

"You may..."

She was cut off short again as the other attackers tried to jump her, but were blown back by magic pulse. Ditzy and Whooves were trying their best to listen while still trying to defend themselves. They blocked swing after swing until accidently blocking each other.

"Just kiss," Celestia exclaimed as she tried to defend against the ponies she blew back.

Ditzy and Whooves lowered their swords and pulled each other close together as they sealed the marriage with the kiss. When they broke apart, they smiled, and kissed again.

"Sure would like some help," Celestia deadpanned at the two as they broke apart again, laughed, and went to help Celestia.

They found her trying her best to fight off the attackers at the wheel. Shining soon came over from the other Tempmare ship as he left the Royal Navy deal with whoever was left. Together, the four worked strategically together as they exterminated their Tempmare pests.

Shining, with sword at magic, broke one of the Tempmares defense before upper cutting him. The hit pushed him back a little as he was then body checked by Shining and thrown overboard. Shining triumphantly smiled until a hoof grabbed him on the shoulder and spun him around to face a much bigger, muscular Tempmare. The brute had a humongous axe at hoof, which he used to push Shining down the steps and on his back.

Shining dropped his sword as the Tempmare easily kicked it aside and approached Shining. Shining pulled out his flint stock pistol and pulled the trigger... only to get a click.

"Again?! Why aren't you loaded when I need you," Shining yelled at the gun before looking up and seeing the Tempmare raise his axe.

Shining, thinking quickly, rolled out of the way and got up before charging the Tempmare and slugged the Tempmare across the face using the wooden handle of his gun.

"Well what do you know," Shining chuckled as he hit the brute in the back of the head, knocking him out, "Edward was right, this is effective..."

Back at the wheel, Ditzy, Whooves, and Celestia were finishing off the final Tempmares that boarded.

Ditzy used her sword to deflect an attack on Whooves as he did the same for her before killing the attacker. Celestia joined in by running in and assassinating a clueless Tempmare that was about to attack Ditzy. The three stood back-to-back-to-back as a few more surround them.

One tried Celestia, who blocked it, grabbed his hoof, and flung him at Ditzy who delivered the final blow. She then used him as a defense from another before driving both off the Jackdaw.

Whooves dodged an attack and then used his teeth to throw a rope dart at the attacker. He pulled him close and used him as a shield from a bullet from another Tempmare, making sure his death was quick, before Whooves did the same by slitting the Tempmare's throat... assuming he wanted him to.

With that, the final Tempmare on board was killed as they yelled out a battle cry and charged to board the Tempmare ship back... only to find it empty.

"What's going on, Edward," Celestia asked as she found him come from below deck.

"They're nopony else," Edward replied, as he looked around at all the other Tempmares they had took lives from, then realized what the Bitish Navy was doing, "Look! They're turning back! We won!!!"

"We did it," Shining questioned as a few looked at each other unsurely, "That... that was easy."

"Speak for yourself," Flash grunted as he flew down with a rifle at hoof, "I was scared every moment, I'm glad we won this one quickly."

"How?! You were up in the safety of the crow's nest shooting," Anne exclaimed, "While we were here risking our lives!"

"He's right, though," Edward reasoned, "Maybe it's good this one ended."

"I guess you're right," Shining shrugged, "Just chalk it up as another victory for the Assassins."

"Let's go home," Celestia declared, "I got to check on how the Discord situation is being taking care of and see if all of this wasn't for nothing.

Everypony nodded in agreement as they got back on to the Jackdaw and the Protector... except for Ditzy.

"Come on, Ditzy," Edward called, "What are you waiting on, an invitation?"

"I don't know," Ditzy replied, "Something telling me to stay on this ship."

"Well tell it to stop," Shining said, "This storm is getting worse and it's going to keep on doing so."

"I can't," Ditzy replied, "I... I keep hearing a whisper telling me to stay."

Suddenly, Celestia perked up and turned around to yell, "Get off the ship! That voice isn't in your head! It's..."

All of a sudden, a giant, green wall of energy appeared around the Tempmare ship, shocking everypony as a menacingly laugh was heard over the pouring raining.

"What's going on," Ditzy exclaimed.

A flash of green light appeared at the wheel, leaving a cloaked figure as it disappeared.

"Oh no," Celestia stammered.

"Oh no," Whooves repeated, "What does that mean? Is she in danger!"

"She is more than just in danger," the figure evilly laughed, "She's dead where she stands."

"Who are you," Ditzy demanded.

"Your executioner," the figure replied with a heart wrenching chuckle.

The figure then pulled off the cloak to reveal herself to be none other then Gari; however, she had a full body armor on, covering her head to hoof in iron plating with a big Tempmare cross on her chest. She had an axe at magic as she slowly approached Ditzy.

"Oh Faust," Ditzy muttered as Gari swung the axe around in intimidation.

"Ditzy," Whooves called out as he was about to try and jump to the ship only to be caught by Shining's magic.

"What are you doing," Edward excliamed.

"What aren't you doing," Whooves shot back, "Ditzy's in trouble! We have to help."

"We can't," Celestia sighed, "That force field isn't going down easy, and it'd take to long to break through. All we can do now is hope Ditzy is ready."

"Ready?! You knew this was going to happen," Whooves growled.

"I knew these two would face off eventually," Celestia tried to calm Whooves down, "Just didn't know when... don't worry Whooves, she'll pull through. Just try to stay calm and hope for the best."

"... Fine," Whooves reluctantly sighed.

Meanwhile, Ditzy had sword readied as she waited for Gari to make a move, but Gari only laughed.

"What's so funny," Ditzy snarled.

"You're so much like your parents," Gari smirked darkly, "Brave, but stupid... Which made them so much easier to kill."

"What," Ditzy questioned, taken aback.

"That's right Ditzy, I killed your parents."

"No... No! I don't believe you," Ditzy yelled, "You're just trying to mess with my head!"

"Believe what you want, but I took their life... They sure didn't go without a fight, no, they gave me a run for my bits; but in the end, I killed them."

"Shut up," Ditzy angrily growled, "I don't believe you."

"Would you like to know how they died? How I beaten both of them to a pulp, leaving them helpless on the ground? How your mother's horrified face was when I stabbed Tisudo, before turning to her? They were stubborn little buckers, didn't want to die when I stabbed them, so I decided to let them bleed out... I guess their love let them live for a few more minutes, but even that couldn't save them, for I always triumph over the weak," Gari smirked, then lowered her voice to a whisper, "Like your parents."

"I said SHUT UP," Ditzy yelled, then swung her sword at Gari.

Gari easily used her axe to deflected it, then used her iron hoof to punch Ditzy in the head. Ditzy took a couple of steps back and rubbed where she got hit while Gari swung the axe above her head before bringing it down on Ditzy, who rolled out of the way. Ditzy then ran up and attempted to slash at Gari again, but Gari just stood there as the sword bounced off her armor and flying out of her hoof.

Ditzy rolled out of the way from an attack and picked up her sword. Gari swung her axe and Ditzy would block it every time. It kept going and going until Ditzy lost her sword again.

"You've got no chance," Gari darkly laughed as Ditzy ran and collected her sword only to sheath it, "With this armor, I'm invincible."

"But not untouchable," Ditzy replied as she rolled underneath Gari's axe and punched her in the head.

The punch hurt Ditzy's hoof badly while only slightly dazing Gari. Ditzy rubbed her hoof a little before getting ready to dodge another attack. She did so successfully and punched another area only to get the same results.

"You're dumber than I thought," Gari chuckled, "Don't you get it? You can't hurt me."

Ditzy didn't respond as Gari tried to use her axe again, but Ditzy used the same strategy, dodging then hit, dodging then hit, but each time resulted in Ditzy getting a hurt hoof.

"What is she doing," Flash asked as the rest only watched, for it was all they could do.

"I don't know," Edward shrugged, "She's just hurting herself."

"But why would she... well I'll be," Celestia suddenly said in epiphany as a proud smile came to her, "She's looking for a weak spot."

Right after Celestia finished, Ditzy hit a part of the armor that actually hurt Gari this time. Ditzy smirked, and activated her hidden blade, cutting through the armor.

Gari was shocked at the hole now in her chest plate. In anger, she raise her axe and swung down, but Ditzy dodged it and increased the small hole in Gari's armor. Gari was left stunned at what Ditzy was doing, and in her moment of hesitation, cut the armor right down the middle, splitting it in half.

"What the," Gari yelped as her armor split in two.

Gari got even more irritated and chunked the axe at Ditzy, but missed.

"Well, well," Gari declared as she took off her helmet, hoof armor, and what ever was left of her chest plate to reveal Gari's equipment underneath, "Look like you've learned a few thing. Your parents would have been proud... but of course, you probably didn't get to feel that often."

"Stop trying to get in my head, Gari," Ditzy snarled, "It won't work."

"I'm just saying," Gari continued with her sneer, "Did you ever stop and think? Realize you're a disappointment? Being born with strabismus just brought dishonor to your family. They despised you the day you came into their lives and tried to hide you from the world. To them, you were just a mistake."

Ditzy thought for a second at what Gari said then shook her head, "No! You're lying!"

"Am I? Ever wondered why they never took you out? Ever wondered why they never left you alone? They hated you. They hated the fact that they had an imperfection in their family. You're so called 'brotherhoof' is no different. They thought you were weak. They left you behind when they did all the work, did they not?"

Ditzy thought again as Gari started to get through to her, until Whooves yelled, "Don't listen to her, Ditzy! She's trying to mess with you! You're not a disappointment to anypony!"

Ditzy looked at Whooves, who warmly smiled back to her. Ditzy smiled back, then stood back against Gari.

"You're wrong," Ditzy declared, "My family loves me! My parents loved me and so do my fellow Assassins!"

Gari only brushed the words aside and pulled her sword, "You're going to need more than love to defeat me."

"We'll see," Ditzy replied as she pulled her sword.

Ditzy swung her sword, getting blocked as another lightning bolt struck nearby.

Gari used her magic to rip out the axe from the board as she floated her sword and the axe. She swung her axe around at Ditzy, who rolled out of the way and came up to stab Gari only to fail. Gari swung the axe down as Ditzy rolled again, but was unaware of a board that was ripped from the floor, by Gari's magic, and rammed into the back of her head.

Ditzy was stunned, and taking advantage, Gari let go of the axe and lifted Ditzy into the air. She then slammed her against floor and flung her at the stairs, causing her to painfully roll down them.

Gari darkly chuckled as she sheathed her sword and used her hooves to pull Ditzy up, only to throw punch after punch into Ditzy's stomach, ending with an uppercut that pushed her back and onto the floor.

At this point, Gari was just having fun as she used her magic to levitate her, then send her flying through the stairs' railing as it snapped.

"Ditzy," Whooves cried out.

"Oh my," Anne covered his eyes.

"That's got to hurt," Flash cringed.

"Hang in there, Ditzy," Edward cringed as well.

"Gari... you... you monster," Celestia whispered as she watched the horrific event in terror.

Gari towered over Ditzy as she just blankly starred up at her, speechless from the agony that is upon her.

"Stubborn," Gari said, then Gari took out her sword again and raised it up. Ditzy, through all the pain, gathered enough strength to push out of the way, "Real stubborn."

Gari sheathed her sword and used her magic on Ditzy's neck as she closed Ditzy's throat.

Ditzy grabbed her neck as she was raised up, choking for air. Ditzy vision started to go dark as she tried to find a way out. Then suddenly grabbed a knife from her belt and threw it at Gari.

Gari had to release Ditzy as she dodged it and used her magic to take it from the floor.

"Is that it," Gari chuckled, "Did you really resort to..."

There was a sudden flash of lighting as a terrible scream was heard. The knife's green aura disappeared and fell back to the floor. The next thing they knew, the force field flickered away as the rain grew harder, making it impossible for the others to see.

Meanwhile, on the Tempmare ship, Ditzy breathed heavily as she held the axe at hoof while Gari held the top of her head... where her horn used to be.

"You, Ahh, cut off my horn," Gari yelled in agony as the severed top rolled around on the ship.

"You say we are weak," Ditzy replied, "But without your magic, you're nothing. It's over."

Gari looked at Ditzy, then chuckled, "So you finally did it, huh? Defeated me... so you are ready."

"... Ready? For what?"

Gari pulled out a photo and gave it to Ditzy. Ditzy looked at it to see a dark pink, unicorn filly with a marron-ish purple mane.

"That is my daughter, Amethyst Star," Gari explained, "Yet, she doesn't know who I am. I had to leave her at an orphanage at Ponyville to keep her safe. But ever since we lost control over the town, I can't keep an eye on her... that's where you come in... I want you to adopt her."

Ditzy looked at the photo then back at Gari and said, "Why are you trusting me, of all ponies, to take care of your daughter?"

"The Tempmares are about to fall, Ditzy. A rebellion is about to start and it's against Solar Eclipse... Ditzy, there are many secrets in this world, some I don't understand, but know lead to great power. Amethyst is one. I need somepony who is even better than me, which you have proven, to take care of her and protect her from every twist, secret, and lie there may be."

"... and if you are lying?"

"You won't truly believe me until it happens. Even I don't believe based on what little I know. However, as a dying wish, I want you to protect Amethyst... train her to become an Assassin."

Ditzy was taken back at the last words that came out of Gari's mouth, but nodded and said, "I promise."

"Good," Gari smiled, then used whatever magic she can muster out of the stump of her horn to weakly levitate the knife to Ditzy.

Ditzy smiled as she grabbed the knife, "You know, for a Tempmare, you're not all that bad."

"Ditto," Gari chuckled.

Ditzy laughed a little then pressed the knife against Gari's chest, then pressed forward, causing Gari to gasp in pain a little, but then slowly lay her head back down as her eyes stared into the raining sky above, empty.

Ditzy thought about the promise she just made Gari. She, a Tempmare, wants her daughter to become an Assassin... Then again, Gari wasn't as bad as she appeared to be. Just another puppet in this maddening world... However, Solar is soon to be thrown out of power... So, who's pulling the strings...

(To Be Continued...)