• Published 17th May 2014
  • 1,107 Views, 48 Comments

Pony's Creed - Derpyforever



Ditzy, a well-known yet little spoken character finds out the truth of her ancestry.

  • ...
6
 48
 1,107

Sequence 11

Sequence 11

"Thanks for walking me home, Whooves," Ditzy said as she and Whooves approached the door of Rainbow's home.

"No problem," Whooves nodded as Ditzy opened the door and walked inside but turned around to face him.

"Maybe we could do this again," Ditzy smiled.

"I hope so," Whooves chuckled, "goodnight."

"Goodnight," Ditzy replied as they shared a quick goodnight kiss before saying goodbye.

Ditzy sighed as she thought only to be interrupted by the sound of Rainbow clearing her throat.

"So," Rainbow smirked, "He's not your coltfriend, huh?"

Ditzy was going to argue back, but chuckled and said, "You know what Dash? He is my coltfriend and I'm not afraid to say it. Anyways, you find out anything?"

"Nothing, except the unicorn we're dealing with is an egg head," Rainbow replied.

"Well," Ditzy paused to yawn, "I'm exhausted. We need some sleep."

"Ditto my cross-eyed friend," Rainbow smiled as she headed up the stairs, "I put two pillows on the couch because I thought you would have brought Whooves inside and get a little..."

"Shut up," Ditzy yelled, but blushed, as Rainbow laughed at Ditzy's embarrassment.

"I'm just teasing you," Rainbow chuckled as she wiped a tear from her face, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight you little piece of..."

###

Ditzy was woken up by Rainbow nudging her awake and off the couch. Ditzy shook her head causing her mane to poof up. She pushed it back down into place and rubbed her eyes.

"Get up Derpy before your breakfast gets cold," Rainbow said as she presented a plate of eggs and grass pancakes before Ditzy then headed back into the kitchen to clean up.

"You can cook," Ditzy asked as she grabbed a fork and knife and cut out a piece of her pancakes.

"I had to when we had to poison a Tempmare who loved to eat," Rainbow replied, making Ditzy stop before the fork reached her mouth and set it down, "I just normally don't do it in front of other ponies, only the ones I trust to keep secrets."

"So you're saying you trust me," Ditzy said, picking up her fork again.

"Yes and don't make me regret it," Rainbow threatened, "Or your next meal will be your last."

Ditzy paused again, then set her for back down as she said, "I'm not that hungry."

"Suite yourself," Rainbow said as she grabbed the plate and started eating as Ditzy stifled a curse.

"Alright," Rainbow muffled through her breakfast, "tonight's the Summer Sun Banquet, so everypony will be out and would be completely vulnerable to an attack from Nightmare Moon, so we got to stop them before they can use the Apple. So here's the plan, I'll stick around Twilight for a little while longer. She kept rambling on last night about something called the Elements of Harmony, so I looked into it, and found out they might be what we need to bring down our enemies once and for all. Meanwhile, be on the look out for any Tempmares, they might be sneaking around town hall. Get rid of Gari before she can use the Apple, but if you can't, then I'll always got the back up Element plan.

"Got it," Ditzy nodded, "let's go."

"Whoa," Rainbow exclaimed, "The banquet isn't until tonight, so we still got sometime."

"Oh... what are we going to do until then?"

"I'll be hanging out with Fluttershy. You do whatever as long as we meet back at town hall to finish our plan," Rainbow replied as she set down her unfinished meal and headed out the door, "See ya."

Ditzy looked at the pancakes and saw that engraved in the half Rainbow didn't eat was the word, 'Edible.' Ditzy chuckled as she finished what was left. After breakfast, the sun was high in the sky, so Ditzy figured she might as well do some snooping around town. She put her Assassin robes under her wing just in case, checked to make sure her cutie mark was bubbles, then walked out into town.

On her way though, she just so happen to run into Connor departing from the train station.

"Oh, hey uncle Connor," Ditzy smiled as she approached him.

"Hey, how are you doing," He replied.

"Just trying to relax I guess," Ditzy said but made sure she didn't say the wrong thing, remembering what Pinkamena said about Connor being a mole without him realizing it, "What are you doing here?"

"I was bored, so I figured I might as well accompany my favorite niece," Connor said.

"Well, I was going to head to town hall and arrive early for the banquet. Want to join me?"

"Sure."

Ditzy also figured the best place to look for clues is at town hall, since she's got to meet Rainbow there anyway, so she and Connor entered to find a white coated unicorn hanging up decorations.

"Hello," Ditzy said but the unicorn just held up her hoof.

"Sorry to be rude," the unicorn explained, "But I must get these finishing touches just right so can you be a dear and wait just a moment."

Ditzy nodded as the unicorn adjusted the ribbons around the upper balcony to were they perfectly mirrored one aonother.

"There," the purpled mane mare declared with her back to them still, "Now, who might you be."

"My names Derpy," Ditzy replied and introduced Connor with the first name that popped in her head, "and this is... Haythem."

Connor looked up a little then at Ditzy as she mouthed 'Sorry' to him. Connor glared daggers at her, but stopped when the mare turned around.

"Nice to meet you Derpy and Haythem. Rainbow Dash told me a lot about you two," the unicorn smiled, "By the way, I'm Rarity."

"Good to meet you, and you know Rainbow?"

"Of course," Rarity replied, "I've known her ever since she moved here three years ago. Not too long after those wretched, cloak ponies took this town."

"Cool," Ditzy nodded, "But there was something I wanted to ask you."

"Anything deary," Rarity replied as she used her magic to lift bows and place them on top the point the ribbon she was hanging up met, "Any friend of Rainbow's is a friend of mine."

"I was just wondering if you seen any suspicious characters around here."

"I don't believe s... well, there was actually a hooded pony sneaking around here last night when I was locking up town hall. I didn't really pay any attention, but I do recall her holding a very large sphere. That's all that I can tell you though."

"Can you tell me where you saw her?"

"Of course, she was out back."

"Thanks," Ditzy said as they headed for the back door.

"No problem," Rarity called, "and say hi to Rainbow for me if you get a chance."

Ditzy and Connor walked outside and took a long time of looking around before they found anything. The sun already set. as they heard the banquet starting inside, when they found hoof prints in the dirt leading to ladder that went up to the top of the building.

"Come on Connor," Ditzy said, but Connor didn't follow.

"Wait, those tracks are fresh," He grunted.

"Of course they're fresh " Ditzy replied, "they were made last night."

"No... they were made just a few hours ago... were being ambushed!"

The moment he said that, five Tempmares appeared from nearby bushes with ready swords and three unicorns appeared from atop the building, where the ladder led up, with levitating, bayonet muskets aimed at the two. Connor and Ditzy stood back to back, (on four hooves), as Connor pulled out his tomahawk and pivot balde combination while Ditzy only pulled out a rope dart.

"A rope dart," Connor whispered as they were surround by the five Tempmares on the ground, "Really?"

"Hey," Ditzy grinned, "You've never seen a rope dart being properly used until you seen me do it... I had a lot of practice stealing muffins."

"Figures," Connor smiled

All the five Tempmares tried to stab them at once but Connor teleported while Ditzy ducked and swung the dart around, leaving bad scratches on the ponies legs. Connor appeared behind the three Tempmares on the roof. They all turned around as one tried to stab him, but Connor stopped it with his magic and struck his tomahawk in his head while using his magic to steal the musket, stab the next one, pull the trigger to kill the last one, remove the tomahawk before the Tempmare fell, and reload the musket

Ditzy, having startled the other five with her rope dart, threw it at one's neck before pulling it out and using it to block a blade coming down on her. She used here hidden blade to kill one while another tried to strike Ditzy but failed when she used her rope dart by throwing it in his head and using another one to kill the Tempmare she blocked earlier. Ditzy quickly counted in her head, then realized...

"Duck," Connor yelled as he aimed his rifle at her. Ditzy ducked as she felt the breeze of a passing sword barley cut the tip of her mane while Connor pulled the trigger, killing the owner of the balde that failed to carry out it's master's whishes.

"Thanks Connor," Ditzy chuckled.

Connor nodded but he was then stabbed in the back as he let out an agonizing scream.

"Connor," Ditzy exclaimed as she flew up to him. When she landed, she saw her uncle with a blade coming out his chest, while behind him, a smug Gari pulled it out, letting Connor fall to the ground.

"Gari! You bucking bi... I hope you go to Tartarus," Ditzy yelled.

"Oh that won't be anytime soon,"Gari chuckled, then took off her cloak to reveal she was no longer a unicorn, but an alicorn.

"Bu-But how," Ditzy said, stunned.

"The Apple grants me the power to become an alicorn," Gari laughed.

"But how did you do it!"

"All I need was the blood of a sage to activate it," Gari explained with an evil grin, "Your little coltfriend comes from a long line of sages and he never knew! However, he didn't want to oblige and escaped us... but not without an injury. One of my Tempmares cut him in the side, allowing us to steal his blood before he escaped and activate the Apple's power. Only an alicorn can free Nightmare Moon, and now I am one!"

"You won't be able to free her without me putting up a fight," Ditzy growled.

"I already did," Gari laughed.

Ditzy was surprised Gari's statement and looked up at the moon to see the normal shadow to be gone as she heard screams come from inside the building followed by the menacing voice of Nightmare Moon.

"Your little fight earlier bought me enough time to move the stars and free her," Gari smirked, "Now if you'll excuse me, I must stand by our leader's side as her loyal princess... ah!"

While Gari was talking, she didn't notice Connor take his bow off and shoot an arrow at her, but giving that he was next to death, he was only able to hit her in the hoof.

"What the buck... just die already you annoying... ah!"

Gari was interrupted again by a rope dart Ditzy threw at her side.

"Enough," Gari exclaimed as she used her magic to blow away Ditzy as she landed on her stomach next to Connor.

"I should finish you off," Gari let out a gasp of pain as the dart in her side caused her more pain, "You know what punks, it's you lucky day. I'm out of here, Nightmare Moon can wait."

With that, Gari teleported away from the two as Ditzy got up.

"Good riddance," Ditzy yelled after her as she brushed off some dirt bit then heard Connor gasping for air, "Connor?"

"Ditzy," Connor said as he held the hole in his chest.

"Connor," Ditzy exclaimed, rushing to his side, "Ok, ok, we..." Ditzy couldn't finish as she just looked at her uncle with sadness.

"Ditzy," Connor smiled, "I don't think some alcohol and a bandage is going to save me this time."

"I know," Ditzy chuckled, but tears were falling off her face.

"Come here," Connor said as Ditzy came closer and was surprised by a hug, "I love you, Ditzy."

"I love you too, Connor," Ditzy cried as she hugged him back.

"Now go get Gari," Connor smiled as his breath quickened, "I'll say hi to your father for you."

Ditzy nodded with a smile back but it faded as Connor took a final breath... then stopped. Tears fell off Ditzy's face as she closed Connor's eyes, took his Assassin robes, and put him on her shoulder.

(To Be Continued...)