• Published 17th May 2014
  • 1,106 Views, 48 Comments

Pony's Creed - Derpyforever



Ditzy, a well-known yet little spoken character finds out the truth of her ancestry.

  • ...
6
 48
 1,106

Sequence 18

Sequence 18

Discord is free and an attack was following. With the help of Zecora, that was confirmed. An attack, by sea, on Manehatten was drawing near.

Celestia, however, has planned a defense, fighting the attack by open sea with a little navy fleet of her own, using her airships (balloons cut off for sea battle) and some of the Royal Guard Army.

"You sure you're ready to come out of retirement," Celestia asked Edward, who agreed to donate the Jackdaw and his crew only if he gets to lead.

"Sure as ever," Edward nodded, "Retirement is just too quiet for my taste. Right, Anne?"

"Sure is," Anne, a rose-red, pegasus mare who is Edward's quartermaster, agreed, "I'd rather be plundering cities and stealing gold then sitting in a house all day."

"That doesn't surprise me," Celestia chuckled, "A pirate's thirst for adventure is never quenched."

"In more ways than one," Edward grinned at Celestia, giving her a wink.

"I told you before," Celestia rolled her eyes, "You're not my type; however, I'll give you A for effort.

"Thought I'd give it one last try," Edward chuckled, "Just in case..."

Meanwhile, over on the ship next to them called the E.N. (Equestrian Navy) Protector , Shining was talking to a gray unicorn with a black mane. He had a very strong build and his cutie mark was a long, silver sword.

"I tell you, Captain," Shining stretched his hooves, "This has been one heck of a year."

"I agree Lieutenant," Broad chuckled, "Although, I think you've gotten the worse of it."

"Oh really," Shining grinned, "So being Captain of the Royal Guards is a lot easier than being Lieutenant?"

"If the Lieutenant is an Assassin, then yes, your job easily outmatches mine," Broad laughed.

"I sure missed you buddy," Shining laughed too, "Remember when we first met at the Royal Guard Academy?"

"And we both hated each other," Broad added.

"So everything we did was to try and out do what the other did...."

"All for the affection of Cadance..."

Many years ago, when Shining first arrived at the Royal Guard Academy, he met Broad Sword. At first, things between them were neutral, Shining didn't bother Broad, and Broad didn't bother Shining. Until one day, Princess Celestia came by with a surprise visit with her niece, who was a teenager at the time, Princess Cadance, who was at the Academy to learn about the roles of being a Princess by a private instructor. Broad was smitten by Cadance's beauty and automatically introduced himself the moment the chance appeared. Cadance, being trained in manners, politely smiled back and introduced herself. Then, Shining passed by to say hello to Cadance. Since they already knew each other through Twilight, Cadance ignored Broad to talked to Shining, sending a deep hatred for Shining in Broad.

From then on, Broad tried his best to win Cadance's affection and vowed to beat Shining at anything. One day, while practicing hoof-to-hoof combat, Cadance walked by with a few foreign Princesses. All the colts training saw them and immediately tried to show off, but none did more than Broad. He called Shining out and the two faced each other in the middle of their fellow classmates. The two were pretty evenly matched, but Broad started to fight dirty by throwing dirt in Shining's eyes and kidney punches. Shining exclaimed that Broad was cheating, but their instructor only shook his head and said that all's fair in war. Furious, Shining let his anger out on Broad. The two lashed it out for a good half an hour, but as the time wore on, the two ponies wore out, until finally collapsing from fatigue.

They sat there, breathing heavily, until finally looking around and realizing everypony was gone.

"What the," Shining said, breathless.

"Where is everypony," Broad asked just as breathless.

"You think class is over," Shining suggested.

"I don't know, what time is it?"

Shining looked up at the Academy's clock tower and saw that class has in fact finish and lunch break was upon them.

"Ah man, we're going to miss lunch," Shining grumbled as he and Broad got up.

"I'm sorry, Shining, this is all my fault. I let jealousy get the best of me," Broad sighed, "We both know we can't both have Cadance, so since you've known her longer, I think you should be with her."

"Really," Shining questioned, "Thanks Broad, that takes one heck of a stallion to admit that."

"You're welcome," Broad chuckled, but his cheer faded as the realization of defeat sunk in.

"Hey, don't get down," Shining assured, "You're a pretty good guy. I mean, your looks may not be as good as mine, but any mare would easily want you."

"Thanks, I needed that," Broad smiled, "Hey, I know how to get some pudding from the cafeteria. If we hurry, we can still get some."

"Awesome," Shining smiled, "Let's go."

(Present)

"That sure was good pudding," Shining joked.

"It sure was," Broad chuckled, "but I never found a mare."

"Don't worry, Broad, you will."

"I don't know," Broad sighed, "That seemed true at first, but now it's seems hopeless."

"Come on, Broad," Shining reassured, "There's a pony for everypony. I mean, one of my cross-eyed friend has met a stallion who understands her."

"I guess you're right," Broad smiled, "Speaking of, where is Ditzy?"

"Probably with Whooves on the Jackdaw, which is where I should be," Shining said as he got up, "See you later, Broad."

"See you later, Shining."

Meanwhile, Ditzy and Whooves were watching a storm off in the distance as it rolled over the horizon.

After rejoining the Assassins, Ditzy went back to Ponyville to find Whooves. It took a few days, but Ditzy found him. After a very heart warming reunion, Ditzy explained to him on what has happened and the wrong choices she had made. Although a little shocked at what Ditzy had done, Whooves smiled and forgave her. Now, with three months of dating, the two stand as couple.

"What are you thinking about," Ditzy asked Whooves, who seemed a little out of it.

"It's... nothing," Whooves replied.

"Don't lie to me, Whooves" Ditzy smiled while she nuzzled him, "I know something's on your mind."

"I'm just a little worried, that's all."

"Because we're about to fight for our lives?"

"Well, yes, but also, I was worried about the future... You see, Ditzy, today could be our last day, and if it isn't, maybe the next. If not then, then maybe the day after that. This is going to keep going on until...well, until the day we die."

"You are right," Ditzy replied, "but that is the choice we have made. When we joined the Assassins, we knew that death was going to be chasing us."

"I know," Whooves sighed, "and don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning our way of life; however, I'm a bit concerned about us."

"Why?"

"We're just so far apart most of the time that I'm constantly worried about you, and I know you can't tell me that you're not worried about me."

"I guess you're right," Ditzy admitted, "but I don't really see where you're going with this."

"Ditzy, I love you with all my heart. I never want anything bad to happen to either of us... that's why I must ask you," Whooves declared, then to the shock of Ditzy, knelt down on one hoof, pulled out a small box from his recently acquired Assassin Robes. He opened it to reveal a small, golden ring as he asked, "will you marry me?"

"N-now," Ditzy stuttered, still in shock from the question.

"Maybe not now," Whooves replied, "but soon."

"... Well," Ditzy thought very hard about it. This would change everything, not for her, but for everypony else too... then again, she does get worried sick about him when she's away on her missions while he's getting his training, "... my answer's..."

"Hey you two, what's going...," Celestia walked in to see the proposal as her mouth dropped, "A-are you... are you doing what I think you're doing."

The two started to blush fiercely as Ditzy slowly replied, "Yes."

Celestia looked at Ditzy, then the ring, then at Whooves, then back to Ditzy again.

"And," Celestia continued, still trying to process all this.

"And," Ditzy looked back at Whooves, who still had the box opened at hoof, and said, "My answer's..."

"What is going on," Edward walked over to see what had Celestia so shocked only to get shocked himself, "Oh Faust! Is that what I think it is!"

"Yes it is," Ditzy replied, with a hint of frustration in her voice, "And I was about to say that my answer is..."

"Hey, Princess Celestia," Shining said as he came over from the E.N. Protector, "You wouldn't happen to have any... Whoa! Is that..."

"Yes, it is," Ditzy finally snapped, then tried to say quickly, "My answer is..."

"Ah, there you are Shining," Flash came up from below deck, "I've been looking for... Oh, am I interrupting something?"

"Yes! You are, and before anypony else says something," she turned to Whooves, "My answer's YES!"

"Finally," Whooves grimaced, then unclipped the ring before clipping it back on to Ditzy's wing as everypony cheered. The two laughed and shared a kiss before congratulations were given to the both of them.

"Do you really think now's the best time to get engaged," Celestia asked Ditzy offside after everything calmed down a bit.

"Probably not," Ditzy shrugged, "But it was one of those now or never kind of things."

"I guess you're right," Celestia chuckled, "Anyways, congratulations."

"Thanks," Ditzy smiled... then flung her arms around Celestia, throwing her off guard a bit as Ditzy cried a little.

"What's wrong," Celestia asked, "I thought this is suppose to make you happy."

"Oh, I'm happy," Ditzy said through her quiet sobs, "I'm so happy. Happy to have a new fiancé, happy to have such a great family... happy to be lucky to have such a great godmother."

At these words, an overwhelming feeling of joy went through Celestia as she hugged Ditzy back, crying a bit herself.

"I'm happy to have such a great godfoal as well," Celestia replied.

After a few minutes, the two let go as they wiped away a few tears from their faces as they looked at each other with warm smiles.

"Come on," Celestia finally said, "Let's go join the others."

The two gave each other another, but quicker, hug before rejoining the group.

"Ok," Edward declared as he set down a map on a crate that he, Celestia, Shining, Flash, Anne, Ditzy, And Whooves sat around, "First off, congratulations Ditzy and Whooves."

"Thanks," they both replied as they both held their hooves together.

"Second off, we still got a mission to do. Defend Manehatten. Now we're here," Edward pointed somewhere not too far from Manehattan's shore, "There's a big wind coming behind us from West to East. So our best guess is that the Tempmares will take the water current and try to attack from the East-South-East as they pass by. So our best bet would be to face them head on, considering the wind still stays in our favor. Unfortunately, the reason why we have such a good advantage is because a vicious storm is heading our way, and I've had first hoof experience with a vicious storm at sea, and it's not pretty, especially in battle."

Anne gave a shudder and said, "It felt like the sea itself wanted to kill us."

"Wait, if the storm is that bad, then why don't we just let it deal with the Tempmares," Shining suggested.

"Come on Shining, think," Edward replied, "One storm isn't going to kill off a Tempmare ship. I mean, if it can't destroy us, then it's not going to destroy them."

"Well...," Celestia started.

"What," Edward deadpanned.

"No offense, but your ship is a little... old."

"This coming from the hundreds, no, thousands of years old alicorn."

"I'm only one thousand three hundred twenty-six thank you very much," Celestia growled.

"My apologize," Edward backed off, then grinned, "that you got to buy so many candles."

"Why you," Celestia exclaimed.

"Ship spotted," yelled the pegasus from the crow's nest above.

"Saved by the bell," Celestia glared at the smug Edward... who's grin quickly faded.

The one ship turned into two... then eight... then thirteen... then twenty-five... it kept going until there was literally dozens of ships. Most of the ships had the Bitish flag, but two had the Tempmare cross, and they were leading the entire fleet right at the blockade of ten.

"Holy sh-," Edward said as he looked on from the wheel.

"That has to be the entire Bitish Red Colt Navy," Celestia slowly declared.

"Oh my Faust," Shining gasped.

"C-Captain," Anne slightly trembled, "Orders?"

Edward looked around at the nine other ready-for-battle ships. He then looked at Celestia, who only looked back as unsurely as he was.

"I... I don't know," Edward blankly stated, "I honestly don't know this time."

"Isn't it obvious," Flash exclaimed, "we have to retreat."

"We can't," Ditzy joined in, "What about Manehatten?!"

"What about us?! I don't want to sound selfish, but we can't take on that!"

"Neither can Manehatten," Ditzy flared, "we got to protect it! That's our job, right? Protecting ponies!"

The others looked uneasily at each other, until Edward finally stood tall, "She's right. That is our job, our Creed. We will fight, or die trying. For Honor."

"For Life," Celestia added, saying it a little louder.

"For Victory," Shining followed, raising his voice.

"For the Helpless," Whooves said, doing the same.

"For the Innocent," Ditzy did the same as well.

"And! For the Creed," they all shouted in unison.

Those words sent a new spark of hope, not only through them, but through the entire crew, then spread to the other vessels.

"Full sail," Edward ordered as all ten ships open their sails in perfect sync, "Load the cannon and get your weapons ready! If they want a fight, then we'll give it to them!"

All the ponies let out a big yell, getting filled with the courage to fight, and with a strong wind on their side, they charged the Bitish fleet... then all Tarturs broke lose.

"Edward, they're firing," Anne shouted as the two Tempmare ships leading the fleet fired mortar shots at them.

"We're too close together," Edward realized, "Tell the others to..."

Edward wasn't able to finish, for the next thing they knew they got showered with mortar shots. The ship next to them got a direct hit near the back, hitting the pony at the wheel... hitting the Captain of the Royal Guards.

"Broad," Shining cried out, then without warning, teleported to the Protector to help him out.

"Buck," Edward cursed, "Anne! Tell the others to split off!"

"Yes sir," Anne replied as she did what she was told, sending the ships farther apart.

Shining ran up to the wheel to find Broad moaning in pain on the floor. Shining got to his side and saw him clutch his abdomen as blood started to slip through his hooves. He looked up and saw Shining, then weakly smiled.

"Hey, Shining," Broad coughed out some blood, "Good to see a my best frenemy will be there for me."

"I always will," Shining smiled back.

"Hey, remember how you told me there's a pony for everypony," Broad asked.

"Yeah."

"You were right," Broad continued, "I did find a special somepony, and not too long after our newly founded friendship."

"Really?"

"Yep, met her at the Academy's dance. She was one of the foreign Princesses, her name was Princess Summer; and boy was she gorgeous. Maybe even more beautiful than Cadance, no offense."

"None taken," Shining chuckled.

"However, she died not too long after from the Feather Flu."

"I'm sorry to hear that," Shining said.

"Sorry?! I'm happy," Broad exclaimed, "You see Shining, I got to see her right before she died. She looked at me with her amazing smile, her lovely eyes, and told me something that I want to tell you."

"What?"

Broad coughed up blood one more time before he said, "She said, 'Don't you worry, I'll be there when you are ready'... well, I'm ready now... You hear that my love? I'm coming for you...," Broad looked at Shining one last time and said, "And I'll be waiting for you."

"I'm looking forward to it," Shining smiled as Broad nodded before laying his head down, closing his eyes, and taking his last breath, "I'm looking forward to it, buddy."

Shining got up turned around to the wheel. He looked over to the Jackdaw and saw the others look on with empathy.

Shining then grabbed the Protector's wheel and shouted, "Load the mortars!"

"Yes Lieutenant," the ponies replied as they followed orders.

"You ready, Edward," Shining called.

"Sure am," Edward chuckled, then turned to his crew as he and Shining each raised a hoof.

"Let's return their call, stallions," they both said in unison as the mortars angled for the two Tempmare ships.

"Fire!!!"

(To Be Continued...)